View Full Version : KATSIDIS did Australia Proud

brently1979
03-23-2008, 03:10 AM
Regardless of the loss, Katsidis did Australia proud. He fought with all of his heart and gave us an action packed fight.

When you look at all the Danny Greens, Mundines, Taylors etc efforts over the last several years I can say one thing: at least Michael won't die wondering, he went to the line for us because he wanted to win so much, sure he paid the price for it, but he did Australian fight fans proud.

The rest of the Aussie would be's should take a look at this fight.

Katsidis will be back, I hope he doesn't wait to too long.

Dick-Sucker
03-23-2008, 04:31 AM
Regardless of the loss, Katsidis did Australia proud. He fought with all of his heart and gave us an action packed fight.

When you look at all the Danny Greens, Mundines, Taylors etc efforts over the last several years I can say one thing: at least Michael won't die wondering, he went to the line for us because he wanted to win so much, sure he paid the price for it, but he did Australian fight fans proud.

The rest of the Aussie would be's should take a look at this fight.

Katsidis will be back, I hope he doesn't wait to too long.

I and everyone else here totally agree.

boxing_great
03-23-2008, 07:41 AM
I thought he was well on top, towards the later rounds, it was pretty obvious.
He should just have been a bit more composed, and not try to rush things.
He admitted it.
He could have easily won that fight.He was all over Casamayor.

xzworks
03-23-2008, 10:09 AM
katsidis fought the legitimate (ring 135 title holder) casamayor..if he can outpoint and KD casa then he can with diaz'es and campbell... katsidis should look forward for kid diamond... that's gonna be a WAR!!!!!

brently1979
03-23-2008, 10:22 AM
katsidis fought the legitimate (ring 135 title holder) casamayor..if he can outpoint and KD casa then he can with diaz'es and campbell... katsidis should look forward for kid diamond... that's gonna be a WAR!!!!!

Good Point. Kats will be back.

mgkirkpatrick
03-23-2008, 11:40 AM
katsidis is a legend. champion performer and a classy classy guy. tremendously proud that he's an aussie.

Chups
03-23-2008, 02:18 PM
It was good fight....Katsidis was relentless.:beerchug:

boxa-ali
03-23-2008, 07:23 PM
katz is the man. I love watching aussies fight for world titles over seas. it gets me nervous and pumped. i get so nervous for them i just want them to win badly . ive havent felt that way since hussy vs arce, kostya vs hatton and green vs beyer. i just wish mundine would do more and fight overseas against legit guys how exciting would that be. but his a australian champ not a world champ. i guess his gana retire wondering what a shame

BennyST
03-23-2008, 10:11 PM
Agree all 'round! It was a very sad day but I think he also made everyone proud that he's an Aussie. The only thing I'm really pissed about is his corner. I've decided that if he wants to go to the next level he needs to get a new corner. I truly believe they lost him the fight yesterday. The only thing that was truly hurting Casa were the body shots. The f*cking corner didn't say a damn thing about going to the body even after he had put him down with a hurtin' body shot. Christ I was pissed off!

Nacho_Analstain
03-23-2008, 10:25 PM
australia should be proud of a great fighter, he ain't done yet, warrior!

brently1979
03-24-2008, 03:35 AM
Agree all 'round! It was a very sad day but I think he also made everyone proud that he's an Aussie. The only thing I'm really pissed about is his corner. I've decided that if he wants to go to the next level he needs to get a new corner. I truly believe they lost him the fight yesterday. The only thing that was truly hurting Casa were the body shots. The f*cking corner didn't say a damn thing about going to the body even after he had put him down with a hurtin' body shot. Christ I was pissed off!

Yeah, the lack of Direction from Smith in the corner did cost him. kats needs to be handed to a Freddy Roach type to help refine his style.

And during the yesterdays fight, Smith didn't tell Michael to jab once.

Dick-Sucker
03-24-2008, 04:14 AM
Yeah, the lack of Direction from Smith in the corner did cost him. kats needs to be handed to a Freddy Roach type to help refine his style.

And during the yesterdays fight, Smith didn't tell Michael to jab once.

Hows Freddie Roachs parkinson going, i heard a romour he won't be training anyone else from the end of 2008 which is sad. But if he is still doing it, he would be fantastic for Kat.

A good fighter needs a good trainer...

brently1979
03-24-2008, 07:38 AM
Hows Freddie Roachs parkinson going, i heard a romour he won't be training anyone else from the end of 2008 which is sad. But if he is still doing it, he would be fantastic for Kat.

A good fighter needs a good trainer...

If that's true, then it's sad, he has a lot to offer. I just think Kats needs someone like that, who can help refine his style a little, just like Freddy did for Manny.

Or even someone like Buddy McGirt, he did pretty good things with Gatti there for a while.

Brunswick Assassin
03-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Katsidis got hard done by the Cuban ref stopping the fight prematurely! Before the ref waved it off Katsidis was leading on all cards and being champion should have had every chance to defend his World Title. The ref thought it was an amateur bout or something the way he stopped it. Ref must have been Casamayor's uncle!

Kats was really unlucky with that left following right bomb just brushing Casa'a face. If that ledt connected Cassa's chin he would have been out. Then Cassa hit Kats with that zinging left flush on the jaw dropping Kats. :nonono: Soliman got dropped 300 times v Mundine and still was let to fight!

Kats can change the tide of a fight with one punch and I feel he would have landed the big one in the final two rounds. Could have been Castillo v Corrales all over had the ref let the fight go!

Casa fought a great fight always throwing and moving not giving Kats much of a chance to land his big bombs. His counters were good also. Casa's a dirty fighter though, a bit like Victor Callejas. And Casa's experience showed with 250+ Pro and Amateur bouts and Olympic Gold Medalsit.

Brunswick Assassin
03-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Nate Campbell was hilarious at post presser dressed in his pimp suit calling out Casamayor and saying that he'll make him cry!LOL Casamayor wanted to go over there and fight him. They should have let em go at it in carpark!

boxing_great
03-25-2008, 10:33 AM
after seeing casamayor fight, he is officially the biggest dick in boxing.very not likeable.

mgkirkpatrick
03-26-2008, 12:33 AM
i havent seen the fight yet but there was a thread in which someone said his corner were telling him to lift the intensity.. this after he'd swept the last how many rounds? it sounded like he was on his way..

Brunswick Assassin
03-26-2008, 12:41 AM
Somebody should have sent Robbie Bomber Peden in there when Campbell was carrying on! Nate's face would have changed once he saw Peden!LOL