View Full Version : HELLRAZAH Bag work VID

HELLRAZAH
03-18-2008, 04:16 AM
Hitting the bag just gotta new stand so trying it out, ive boxed for about 5 years on and off ive been meaning to get back in the gym but havent trained properly in about a year so abit sluggish had a fight about 2 years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL5cCxdSO1Y

feedback appreciated

T-97
03-18-2008, 09:30 AM
Considering you have not boxed for a while it was pretty good imo. The only problem i could really see is that sometimes you let yiur hands drop and ocasionally threw your hooks a bit wide, allowing spca for possible counters-but only a couple of times. I can't really say any sepcific area that needs much work, just practice to polish everything up like.

:)

Unanimous
03-18-2008, 10:23 AM
Hmmm, not much jab work going on there. Remember that you don't just want to punch lumps out of the bag, you'll pick up too many bad habits. Instead of landing bombs, have sessions where you just throw jabs, then just hooks, then body shots and then combos. Whacking the bag is great stress release but won't make you ring ready. Also, bag seems a little high to me.

Zerwas1
03-18-2008, 11:16 AM
You're looking like Pavlik and using the ellbow like Mayweather ;) (or like everybody else, but the kiddies keep whining about it)

mr tricky
03-18-2008, 02:28 PM
very good power and speed with hooks, good explosiveness ,

care full not to let pnches get to sloppy, neaten it up abit, your throwing moslty wide hooks and even your straights look abit like hooks,

you shud jab and 1, 2 and neatenj it up and short hooks, and use that power and explovsive stranght

mabey your techniques a bit out coz u havent boxed for a while but otherwise id say it was really good

mr tricky
03-18-2008, 02:29 PM
use the knukle part of glove aswell, looks like ur slappinjg abit i duno i cant see much..

2swell k-wells
03-18-2008, 07:57 PM
everyones a expert on this site....haha.

Unanimous
03-19-2008, 06:13 AM
everyones a expert on this site....haha.

Surely that should be an expert? See, I'm also an expert in grammar!

2swell k-wells
03-19-2008, 06:53 PM
Surely that should be an expert? See, I'm also an expert in grammar!

Oh gee whiz..guess i got owned

:banned:

HELLRAZAH
03-20-2008, 06:10 AM
ima power puncher so i rely mostly on my explosiveness wen i was training i was sharp as **** looking to go for nationals this year

Unanimous
03-20-2008, 06:17 AM
Oh gee whiz..guess i got owned

:banned:

Woohoo! My first "ownage"! Drink it up beee-attcchh!

Mickey Gomez
03-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Eh, were you all watching the same video I was?

I hope you take this criticism as constructive.

Use your jab. The most important punch in boxing, you should be using it to tee up your "bombs" and start combinations.

Guard. Your guard is nonexistant, keep your hands up. Return your hands to a guard position immediately after throwing a punch.

Head movement. Your head is stationary, no head movement coupled with no guard = hospital food for a while. Move your head and roll your shoulders.

Ducking, Weaving. Use your legs to duck, weave side to side with your guard up. Try to throw punches from different angles.

Good luck in the nationals.

HELLRAZAH
03-20-2008, 02:07 PM
Eh, were you all watching the same video I was?

I hope you take this criticism as constructive.

Use your jab. The most important punch in boxing, you should be using it to tee up your "bombs" and start combinations.

Guard. Your guard is nonexistant, keep your hands up. Return your hands to a guard position immediately after throwing a punch.

Head movement. Your head is stationary, no head movement coupled with no guard = hospital food for a while. Move your head and roll your shoulders.

Ducking, Weaving. Use your legs to duck, weave side to side with your guard up. Try to throw punches from different angles.

Good luck in the nationals.

i have no doubt ill win the nationals, ive sparred against last yrs champ and dominated him with "bombs" as u say, one thing i know is how to fight, not every one dances like ffloyd mayweather, the training method i was goin by here was more power boxing fast hard hits, my trainer had me do this for a few rounds, this is just backyard practice, i know your gonna judge me off this coz thats all you seen fair enough, ima try and upload my last fight, i garantee youll be impressed

Unanimous
03-20-2008, 02:13 PM
this is just backyard practice, i know your gonna judge me off this coz thats all you seen fair enough, ima try and upload my last fight, i garantee youll be impressed

Look forward to it. It's always hard to judge someone's ability on bag work alone.

PeekaBooPooch
03-20-2008, 04:26 PM
Just saw the video on you tube,

Nice video man,....got some feedback for you,... Good power , jab some more , to have a strong and fast jab is really important , more so than a strong hook!!! Fire jab fast and just as fast as you fired it , return to your guard position! And Keep your guard up man, or all that hitting the H bag is for nothing!
Keep it up man!

J_CON
03-20-2008, 06:16 PM
ima power puncher so i rely mostly on my explosiveness wen i was training i was sharp as **** looking to go for nationals this year
Not much power for a power puncher.

HELLRAZAH
03-21-2008, 01:18 AM
Not much power for a power puncher.

i think sumones jealous,
i weigh 140 pounds, i dont know how many 140 pound fighters youve seen but for my weight i have full confidence in my power and it definetly shows wen i fight or spar, so drop some constructive critisism or get the **** outta my thread

skilgannon
03-21-2008, 07:25 AM
nice. I know it is quite hard to show off your best when doing bag work by yourself no matter how good you are and I know exactly how that feels. I agree with the power and your speed is nice as well. For hooks that are that wide, they do come awfully fast. I can only imagine how much faster they would be if they were just a tad bit shorter. Just try to keep the hands up the bit but I think that is a universal advice for fighters of all levels, including pros. Just a little bit of sloppy habits that can be fixed in no with the repeated practice. try to keep your elbows tucked a little more tighter to your body after you recover from your punches. and sometimes, it seems like you touch your gloves together when you load for a hook (mostly on your left moreso). looking nice and keep training

bentur123
03-21-2008, 09:36 AM
"Not much power for a power puncher"

whats the point in saying that, why not be constructive next time.