View Full Version : Herbie Hide win

col Blake
03-12-2008, 02:17 PM
Herbie hide was in action last night against Rudiger May, he stopped the guy in the second round, ref having to stop it before May was badly hurt, Hide up to his old tricks, Hitting May when on the floor in round 1, and then after the bell, "nd round saw Hide pile on the pressure and hitting May with a rabit punch in the back of the head when May was outside the ropes which lost Hide a point. with may unable to defend himself or indeed stand up the ref waved it over.
Hide holds onto his WBC championship belt what ever that is.
What price a fight with Enzo for the vacant world titles left by Haye.

RAESAAD
03-12-2008, 02:18 PM
No ****? Wow when I saw the pics of the two of them on Boxingnews I thought for sure that thick young buck was gonna plow ole Herbie.

col Blake
03-12-2008, 02:34 PM
No ****? Wow when I saw the pics of the two of them on Boxingnews I thought for sure that thick young buck was gonna plow ole Herbie.
MAy was much bigger, longer reach, and was on paper ment to give old Herbie a good kicking, but he had know answer to Hides rough stuff, and Hide just blow him away, looks pretty handy at crusier.

xEDDIEx
03-12-2008, 02:37 PM
herbie hide is the man

Naps
03-12-2008, 02:43 PM
he's a ****ing nutter. Anyone get this months Boxing Monthly? He did an interview for them and it was ****ing hilarious.

adietheforestfa
03-12-2008, 03:30 PM
Herbie is crap. My mrs could knock him out. The guy he beat must have been a proper bum

MickyHatton
03-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Hide should have kept at Cruiser throughout his career as he couldn't/cant take a decent shot. In his day he could punch and was exciting, dont forget he did floor Bowe in their fight although Bowe went onto to destroy him.

He seems to be doing OK at Cruiser, that's seven wins on the spin now.

tntkid
03-12-2008, 05:07 PM
And 41 KO's in 42 wins isn't too shabby. Bowe has later admitted in interviews that Hide had him out on his feet at one point in the fight.

xEDDIEx
03-12-2008, 05:38 PM
its too bad he never got the chance to ko fraudley harrison

RenegadeT
03-12-2008, 05:46 PM
herbie hide is a ****ing relic

let it go herbie it's over

Mugwump
03-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Hide should have kept at Cruiser throughout his career as he couldn't/cant take a decent shot. In his day he could punch and was exciting, dont forget he did floor Bowe in their fight although Bowe went onto to destroy him.

He certainly hurt Bowe. Which shouldn't have been a surprise as Herbie could/can(?) really bang. If his chin had been just that bit harder he could have pulled off a massive shock.

Can't argue with you about him sticking to Cruiser. I guess he (like Holyfield) thought there wasn't enough money and glamour at that weight.

xEDDIEx
03-12-2008, 07:28 PM
check out herbies myspace if you want a laugh

number6
03-13-2008, 07:21 AM

He seems to be doing OK at Cruiser, that's seven wins on the spin now.

I agree with most of this post, but i cant remember Bowe goin down in that fight.I remember Bowe scoring a knockdown with a jab though.

He would have been a major force at this weight if he would have stepped down sooner, maybe he still can but he is a headcase and unpredictable.

col Blake
03-13-2008, 09:26 AM
I agree with most of this post, but i cant remember Bowe goin down in that fight.I remember Bowe scoring a knockdown with a jab though.

He would have been a major force at this weight if he would have stepped down sooner, maybe he still can but he is a headcase and unpredictable.
he can now make crusier easier as they increased the upper weight limit, but I do agree he could have been champ for a good few years, just look at Johnny the bottler Nelson, he kept his title for longer than he should have fighting bums, Hide would have KO'd him, Hide would give Enzo some probs and I think he may even beat him, he would also have given Haye something to think about at crusier.

Hitman932
03-13-2008, 09:00 PM
have a watch gentlemen

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/d4eS0U8XeNo&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/d4eS0U8XeNo&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

The Monk
03-13-2008, 09:29 PM
Ta mate. I don't know what to make of Herbie really. I remember watching his fight with Chingangu and he looked like 1 of my mates fighting after 1 too many at the pub. Lately he has been perfoming much better though and with that kind of power you can never right him off.

Mugwump
03-15-2008, 05:12 AM
Herbie on Eurosport - that stirs some long-forgotten memories. Back when Lennox was taking all the plaudits in his early career Herbie couldn't catch a side-long glance from the major UK TV companies. IIRC, something like his first 20 fights were on or around Eurosport.

He looked some prospect back then. Of course, he wasn't fighting the calibre of opponents to test him. If ever there was a fighther who dropped - tragically - between two weight divisions it's Herbie.

That said, it's not like he's had a terrible career. I bet most fighters would settle for a world title and hurting some big names.

Zerwas1
03-21-2008, 03:19 PM
I like his fights, he always brings excitment to the table, looks like a mean mother****er and goes for the Ko. At Cruiser he can get a title

oovavu
03-21-2008, 04:08 PM
The reason he never really got recognition was he was a street fighter with gloves on and he was a nutter. His fights are very good to watch tho.

noypi2
03-24-2008, 11:03 PM
Herbie hide was in action last night against Rudiger May, he stopped the guy in the second round, ref having to stop it before May was badly hurt, Hide up to his old tricks, Hitting May when on the floor in round 1, and then after the bell, "nd round saw Hide pile on the pressure and hitting May with a rabit punch in the back of the head when May was outside the ropes which lost Hide a point. with may unable to defend himself or indeed stand up the ref waved it over.
Hide holds onto his WBC championship belt what ever that is.
What price a fight with Enzo for the vacant world titles left by Haye.

Herbie Hide.... Is he the guy who lost to Riddick Bowe years ago?

col Blake
03-25-2008, 10:28 AM
Herbie Hide.... Is he the guy who lost to Riddick Bowe years ago?
Thats the one.

jreckoning
03-30-2008, 11:53 AM
Howsa about Herbie Hide versus Guillermo Jones or Wayne Braithwaite?

Well, maybe not. That could possibly end his comeback really quick.

It would be a great test for him.

catfight
03-30-2008, 01:40 PM
herbie hide is the man

Stephen Hawking
04-09-2008, 09:25 AM
herbie hide is a ****ing relic

let it go herbie it's over

Herbie Hide has been consistently the best heavyweight in the world over the last 20 years. It just politics. He'll be undisputed by this time last year. FACT