View Full Version : last 3 lbs!!!

ladybird
03-12-2008, 10:52 AM
I am a female amateur boxer, and my fight is coming up this Saturday. I have been 110 lbs class for the last 3 tournaments but this time I just canít lose weight.
I am now 114- 115 and I need to be 112 by Saturday 2:00 p.m. (1/4 final)
I think my body got so used to the low calorie diet and everydayís hard work out that nothing is working any more. I eat normally 1200 cal. Tons of veggie and protein like turkey breast, tofu and beans. I tried 5x a day meal, but it didnít help. I had a weigh- in 2 weeks ago, and I was 2 lbs over, so I had to do jump rope for 1 hour and half in sauna suits to make weight. Now I have a problem with my foot (bunion and ball of the foot are in pain), so I canít run or jump rope anymore. I must have hurt them from the long hour jumping rope at the weigh- in.
Now I donít know what to do. I go to the gym 4x a week, and by the time I get home itís after 10:30, so eating that late must be bad for losing weight. But I get up in the middle of night from hunger.
I am sure 1200 cal intake is not good for someone who works out every day. When I go to the gym I work out twice- 30 min. in the morning and 1-2 hours in the gym.
My plan now is that I go to the gym today (Wednesday) and tomorrow, and rest Friday and fight on Saturday. Friday and Saturday starve & dehydrate myself. In the gym I will have to wear sauna suits and lose some water weight. This morning I was so tired that I fell asleep in sauna ( I have a sauna in my building) for 30 minutes. I got freaked out for that. I am really worn out and stressed. I am so close to give up. This will be my last tournament, but I donít know how much longer I can take this. No food, canít run, still overweight, canít sleep and hard work out for 2 more days. Shall I just not do anything until the fight and stay in bed? I also heard at very end of making weight, one must consider the weight of the food. Even though vegetables have low calorie, it has tons of water, and I eat literally a whole head of lettuce to make me full.
Please advise me. Any help, encouragement will be appreciated. And if losing water is the only thing left for me, please advise how to do it properly. I put one Albolene on my body and wear the suits directly and tie sleeves and ankles. Can I drink water during the day? I hear lots of water throughout the day helps losing weight, but if I try to lose water from the body, isnít there a conflict? Thank you so much in advance.

Detroit101
03-12-2008, 11:23 AM
I think it is possible you injured the ball of your foot because you may already be dehydrated....5 days before a contest bodybuilders eat dry foods and refrain from drinking water and then do something called soduim loading...they really remove all excess water from their bodys and the first thing that begins to hurt are the bottom of their feet since there is no water to help absorb the shock from walking....

You should first start by seeing if you are dehydrated by pinching your bottom eyelid...if it stays in the pinched position after you let go you are dehydrated....If your urine is yellow and smells foul thats another sign...

This is the thing, most people your weight have about 4 lbs they can lose from water weight at any given time. But this should only be done if they are in good condition....I wouldnt advise you to do this since you may already be dehydrated and malnutritioned.....

If you are not dehydrated then you may want to try refraining from water 18 hrs before weigh in and also cardio or sauna pre weigh in......

Check first to see if you are dehydrated......and let us know

Rane-Ex54
03-12-2008, 12:15 PM
just one quick note. You said you were eating a full head of lettuce. Lettuce an awseom food but it is known as a ruf***e food, meaning it expands the stomach, this may be one of the reasons your still so hungry later on in the night. Lettuce also holds alot of water in it, I would eat more lean meats, citrus fruits, and green tea. Don't starve yourself, you need the energy to train and loose the acess weight. Not sure if what I said helps at all, but good luck.

DutchDynamite
03-12-2008, 01:08 PM
Carbo cycling, now that really works! ( but only when you hit a plateau or if you are on a low cal diet for a minimum of 2 months)

2 days in a row make your last carbs lunch time (complex carbs)
re feed on third day with GOOD complex carbs all day.
4th and 5th day no carbs after lunch,....and so on for a MAX of 2 weeks. Your weight will drop in scary amounts, promise

DutchDynamite
03-12-2008, 01:18 PM
never starve your body.

if you don't eat, your body will get the fuel from your muscles and NEVER from your fat or stored fat. You might lose weight but that weight loss is not from fat but muscle. Our body is smart. It will hold on to the fat to protect your organs. Eat normal but below your resting metabolic rate and you will lose "fat"

i suggest you do a lot of research on the net, especially in the body building forums, these guys know.

www.bodybuilding.com

ladybird
03-12-2008, 02:15 PM
I think it is possible you injured the ball of your foot because you may already be dehydrated....5 days before a contest bodybuilders eat dry foods and refrain from drinking water and then do something called soduim loading...they really remove all excess water from their bodys and the first thing that begins to hurt are the bottom of their feet since there is no water to help absorb the shock from walking....

You should first start by seeing if you are dehydrated by pinching your bottom eyelid...if it stays in the pinched position after you let go you are dehydrated....If your urine is yellow and smells foul thats another sign...

This is the thing, most people your weight have about 4 lbs they can lose from water weight at any given time. But this should only be done if they are in good condition....I wouldnt advise you to do this since you may already be dehydrated and malnutritioned.....

If you are not dehydrated then you may want to try refraining from water 18 hrs before weigh in and also cardio or sauna pre weigh in......

Check first to see if you are dehydrated......and let us know

Thank you so much for your advice.
You are so knowledgeable. You gave me a hope again!

I just pinched under my bottom eye lids on both sides and they went back flat immediately. So I think I am hydrated. I have been drinking water, tea and green juice (from formulated powder). I havenít done any dehydration yet. I am planning to do it tonight by wearing a sauna suits while I am training in the gym, but I am not sure what to do after that- drink or not? Refrain from watery veggies like leafy greens or not?
Girls have weigh in first and then get separated into classes depending on the weight (Some of them claims the weight they want to beYou are so knowledgeable. You gave me a hope again!

I just pinched under my bottom eye lids on both sides and they went back flat immediately. So I think I am hydrated. I have been drinking water, tea and green juice (from formulated powder). I havenít done any dehydration yet. I am planning to do it tonight by wearing a sauna suits while I am training in the gym, but I am not sure what to do after that- drink or not? Refrain from watery veggies like leafy greens or not?
Girls have weigh in first and then get separated into classes depending on the weight (Some of them claims the weight they want to be :smashfrea ). It was 2 weeks ago, and I stopped eating and drinking at 8:00 p.m. the night before and the weigh in was at 5:00 p.m. next day (21 hours no food no liquid). I probably lost 1.5 lbs at most from that. So I canít count on 4 lbs. I am 5í 4Ē and quite muscular. I gain muscle quite easily. I think my bones are heavy side- hope you know what I mean, not skinny fragile flame. When I reach 110 or under my body gets totally ripped. No fat at all. Once I was down to 105 lbs and my body fat was under 10% according to the Tanitaís body fat scale. I was no longer woman. BrrrrrrÖ.

I also have problems with bowel movements. ( I am sorryÖ I have to tell you everything! Feel like I am talking to a doctor) I eat tones of fiber, but it doesnít seem working. So I have to have a dieterís tea with senna in it. I do it normally a few days before the fight, because as soon as I drink the tea I have to stay by bathroom. From that I lose probably 1 lb. But again this time tea didnít make me go. Things that worked 5 months ago doesnít seem to work at ALL.

So what do I do now? The connection between dehydration and my foot pain make so much sense. I was dehydrated that day and it was long jumping on the hard floor- concrete.
I feel like making weight is the goal. What about the fight??? :boxing:

ladybird
03-12-2008, 02:27 PM
never starve your body.

if you don't eat, your body will get the fuel from your muscles and NEVER from your fat or stored fat. You might lose weight but that weight loss is not from fat but muscle. Our body is smart. It will hold on to the fat to protect your organs. Eat normal but below your resting metabolic rate and you will lose "fat"

i suggest you do a lot of research on the net, especially in the body building forums, these guys know.

www.bodybuilding.com

Thanks for your advice. I know starving is no good, but at this point I only have 4 days including today. This Saturday is my fight and I don't want to do "making weight" on the day in front of my opponent.
Beside, I don't think I can jump rope 1 hour like last time. My feet can't take that.
I also don't have much fat to lose...sad as a woman.

I will check out the site you mentioned. Thanks!

p.s. What's your #1 good complex carbs?

ladybird
03-12-2008, 02:34 PM
just one quick note. You said you were eating a full head of lettuce. Lettuce an awseom food but it is known as a ruf***e food, meaning it expands the stomach, this may be one of the reasons your still so hungry later on in the night. Lettuce also holds alot of water in it, I would eat more lean meats, citrus fruits, and green tea. Don't starve yourself, you need the energy to train and loose the acess weight. Not sure if what I said helps at all, but good luck.

Oh no! I always suspected the amont of lettuce and greeen leaves I have been eating might be the cause. I eat a lot of veggies. Tons of tons of veggies. I knew this can't be right, but to fill me up and stay in low calorie, this was the only solution I had... 3 oz chicken breast vs 2 heads of lettuce. I picked lettuce.
Thanks for your advice. I really appreciate it.

Domey
03-12-2008, 04:02 PM
I just recently had the Golden Gloves. I was originally going to go in at 132 but another fighter from my gym said he was going to make 132. When I fought years ago(Took 7 years off because of a car accident) I fought at 119, so I told him I would go in at 125.

I had to lose 15 lbs for the fight. The first 5-8 lbs shredded off fast, but after that I was starting to rebuild muscle and the weight loss really slowed down. With a week and half left to my fight I was still weighing at 131-132. I would wake up and eat two boiled eggs and a can of tuna(Right out of the can).

I would goto the gym and put on Aboline(It is a women skin care product, old school training method. It opens up your pores, almost like vasoline, get it at Rite-Aid or any pharmacy). So I would put that on, then a regular white-t, a trash bag over that, and then my sweat suit I use. I would do 15 minutes straight on the jump rope doing 30 second sprints every two minutes.

After that I did my five rounds of shadow boxing, and then threw my gloves on and hit the heavy bag doing sprints for five more rounds.

At my gym we have a inclined tredmill that is not power operated, and also a old stair climber. I would do 3 rounds each switching after every round. After this I would go on the pads for about 4-6 rounds.

I did this routine for a few days and noticed I was only losing 1/2 lb to a lb a night, and just regaining it when I went home and had another two eggs and tuna.

So I switched up my eating regiment a bit. I did the same thing when I woke up with two hard boiled eggs and tuna. But right before gym I would eat a decent meal. Some chicken usually. I wouldnt fill myself to the point where I am full, just to the point where I feel good and not hungry anymore.

I would go down the gym and do the same workout I was doing when I wasnt really eating, and I would shred 2 or so lbs a night. Go home and eat something small for the rest of the night right after gym, since your body is still burning fat after a work out.

Just make sure when you eat, you eat. Dont eat something, then snack. Eat your meal, and be done with it. Don't eat again untill the next meal. Forget juices and everything, drink just water.

I had my fight Tuesday, I went down the gym Friday weighing 131 and trained through Monday. I weighed in on the scales at 125. It can be done.

Also since you are having problems with your foot. Rather then doing the skip rope, try using a bike.

ladybird
03-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Thanks for your detailed advice. It is really encouraging. I don't eat refined carbs, even good carbs in the morning I train in the gym. Only white meat, no juice. Legume, veggies and some fruits total 1200 cal/ day. I think for active person like me, 1200 is pretty low. I should shed more, which I did before. This time... nothing. I tried 5x a day meal, but you mentioned no snacks. Even though it's 5x, extra 2 is fruits with cottage cheese or that type of thing. Do you still call it snacks?
Anyway I am going to the gym and workout without sauna suit. I have been using a bike, but not as effective as running, but it maybe my imagination.
Thanks again. I will read your advice again tonight.
By the way how did the fight go?

DutchDynamite
03-12-2008, 10:10 PM
p.s. What's your #1 good complex carbs?

brown rice.

for dinner no complex carbs but fibrous carbs like green beans, broccoli. Green is good and takes longer to digest and fills you up like regular carbs.

Domey
03-12-2008, 10:34 PM
It was a good fight, and close.a t least from my view and alot of the fans, judges scorecards were so far fetched was unimaginable. I didnt know now days they use the punch count system so early in the gloves, they never use to. According to the judges they had him out scoring me by about 100 punches. I am a very slick fighter and I do not get hit very much, I bursted out laughing when my corner man requested to see the scorecard. Had a few people in the crowd tell me they think I got robbed.

If it was based on the punch point system I agree I lost, but not by that big of margin or anywhere near it. If it were on the 20 point must, I won the first round, second and third were a coin flip, and the fourth round was his.

The kid had over 150 fights, couple time national champion, and already had 6 fights this year alone(Back in Febuary). Like I said it was my first fight in 7 years. My last fight was also in the Golden Gloves and that again was my first fight in over a year(Got burned out from boxing). I ended up fighting Michael Oliver(Current world champion now). I lost the fight, and lost every round. I was way out of shape and had only been training again for a few weeks. Had I of been in shape I would of dominated the fight, but no excuses.

The weight-loss killed my endurance. I couldnt eat anything at all the day of the fight untill my weigh in. I am still an amature, and losing/maintaining that weight was way to much for my body. Pro's do this to their body every fight, but they are allowed to weigh in the night before and replenish their body for a whole day, I only had a hour to do so.

After the first round I was totally spent. I went back to the corner and told my cornerman I had nothing left in the tank. I still went out and gave him a good run for his money though.

But no excuses asside, he is a great fighter and I am sure we will do it again. But not at that weight!

I am tired of the amatures and wanting to turn pro. I wasnt even going to go into the gloves as a matter of fact. My promoter was trying to put on a pro card up in my hometown but we couldnt get it done so I figured I would go into the gloves. But now I think I am going to get a few more amature fights, 20 or so, and then turn pro. Trying to fight atleast twice a month at the minimum.

Been fighting since I was 8 years old, so I have been in the gym a very long time. It's time for me to start making money with it.

BrooklynBomber
03-12-2008, 11:19 PM
Fellas, I think the question is.... would you?

Domey
03-12-2008, 11:27 PM
Fellas, I think the question is.... would you?
Me? Would I what? Make money as a pro..?

Ugh not to like boast or nothing. But I am a very solid fighter. I've been told by numerous promoters, trainers, and former world champions I have everything it takes to become a future world champion. In the amatures I have already beaten three national champions, few of which who have been nationally ranked. Don't really want to throw names out there, if you don't want to believe me that's fine as well. I've been to the National PAL tournament, Silver Gloves, Junior Olympics, ABFs, and many other small tournaments locally(Silver Mittens, North Easterns).

I've been training and around boxing my entire life. I was always down the gym even before actually fighting. So yes, I would, and will.

This threads not about me, and I do not really like talking about my background or anything of the sort. Lets help the threadstarter and stay on topic =)

ladybird
03-13-2008, 01:01 AM
brown rice.

for dinner no complex carbs but fibrous carbs like green beans, broccoli. Green is good and takes longer to digest and fills you up like regular carbs.

I never thought green beans and broccoli are carbs for some reason. But they are. That will be my dinner tomorrow.
I am still scared of eating. I had white fish, turkey breast, egg white, anise and kidney beans for dinner and one hour later I ate a half grapefruit with non fat cottage cheese. I am full. Each item was small, but total 700 cal, I think. I had 1200 total today. Do you think I should eat bigger breakfast and lunch and small dinner? I only have a few days left so I don't know how much difference that would make.
Hope I can make weight and do my last fight.
Any suggestion how to spend tomorrow, friday and the day of fight?

DutchDynamite
03-13-2008, 03:03 AM
personally i would suggest no fruits after 6pm. The sugar in the fruit might be stored as fat when not being burned.

be care full with salt and soy sauce (1000x saltier than salt). It hold water.

the fibrous carbs or green vegetables are really good for you. Green beans, split peas, asparagus, salads give you the energy and "full feeling" like regular carbs and are slow to digest thats why they are considered family of the carbohydrates.

eat smaller portions but more frequently.

DutchDynamite
03-13-2008, 03:18 AM
Do you think I should eat bigger breakfast and lunch and small dinner?
Any suggestion how to spend tomorrow, friday and the day of fight?

yes best is the inverted food pyramid. Dinner should be smallest, but of course this also depends on when you work out.
When you work out at night you need to eat after to restore what is lost, but not fatty, sugar or carbohydrates but more on protein and fibrous carbs.

When your work out is late afternoon and you can have dinner at lets say 6pm you take fast carbs, like white rice because they are absorbed fast in your body since your metabolism is still up (since you just worked out) this will be burned.

One way to bring up your metabolism is to do HIIT high intensity interval training. Walk on the treadmill for 30 sec. run for 60 sec, walk 30, run 60. You can do this for 15 min. It will make you tired. The reason for this interval is to bring up your heart rate quickly and your body is working over time even when you are no longer running and even when your heart rate has dropped to normal levels. Your metabolism will stay up fast 2 more hours after you are done with your work out - burning calories.
You should not do this more then 3 x a week MAX because your body gets a beating every time you do this. You will be dead tired after each session.

good luck!

phallus
03-13-2008, 05:07 AM
ladybird, if u're desperate to lose the weight fast, i'd do a psyllium fiber colon cleanse or maybe a colonic - u can flush out 3 or 4 lbs of **** ( literally) that way and u'll feel better after, i promise

Detroit101
03-13-2008, 09:58 AM
ladybird, if u're desperate to lose the weight fast, i'd do a psyllium fiber colon cleanse or maybe a colonic - u can flush out 3 or 4 lbs of **** ( literally) that way and u'll feel better after, i promise

The Dirty nasty filth may be on the right path....you could try a 2 day colon cleanser but it seams you already eat a lot of fiber and might not have that much to lose and you have to replenish your digestive system with probiotics and good cultures if you do so.....

Try this today.....put your sauna suit on, weigh yourself and do an hour of cardio....do not drink any water and weigh yourself after....

When I was wrestling I dropped 11 lbs of water weight in 1 hour to make weight on multiple occasions.......I would try this and see if it works.....remember in a humid environment we can gain a couple of lbs absorbing moisture through our lungs as well. I would try this today and see if you can lose a few lbs........

ladybird
03-13-2008, 02:07 PM
The Dirty nasty filth may be on the right path....you could try a 2 day colon cleanser but it seams you already eat a lot of fiber and might not have that much to lose and you have to replenish your digestive system with probiotics and good cultures if you do so.....

Try this today.....put your sauna suit on, weigh yourself and do an hour of cardio....do not drink any water and weigh yourself after....

When I was wrestling I dropped 11 lbs of water weight in 1 hour to make weight on multiple occasions.......I would try this and see if it works.....remember in a humid environment we can gain a couple of lbs absorbing moisture through our lungs as well. I would try this today and see if you can lose a few lbs........

Oh my god. 11 lbs in 1 hour! How is that possible? I have a huge respect for you guys who has done this. I now started marveling this whole thing- absorbing moisture through lungs! Yes, I am desperate, but because of this I get to see a new world that I wouldnít have known if I werenít overweight. You guys are awesome.
Some said wrestler knows the best- and I must tell you that for some reason I thought you are ďWWFĒ wrestlers and I was wondering why those wrestlers need to lose weight. Silly me.
You guys are Greco roman outfit wrestlers. Cool!
One last questions. There are 2 opposite opinions on water intake. While losing water weight, do I cut back water intake or not. Some say drink gallons of water to make the body think they have to flush out i.e. lose water from the body. Some say cut back to minimum. No water drinking until weigh in. Those 2 opinions are opposite. Confused!

Thank you again for your advice!

ladybird
03-13-2008, 02:09 PM

I have been drinking dieter's tea that has senna. It helps, but not 3 lbs. I also dehydrate from this. So killing 2 birds!

ladybird
03-14-2008, 10:34 AM

Guys!!! I did what Detroit 101 advised, last night and after the gym I was 112.00. (I was 115 before I started)- The weight I have to be tomorrow.
After I reached home I had little water (oh boy I was so thirsty!) and good amount of dinner.
First in the morning I weigh myself and I gained 1 lbs. So I am now 113 lbs. I will eat normal today during the day and finish dinner and drinking at 6:00, and sweat at night at sauna in plastic. Does this sound O.K.?
Here is what I brought to my office this morning.

Breakfast: Ĺ cup all bran & 1 cup slim plus- I already had this at home
Snack: Luna bar (180 cal)
Lunch: 2 cups low sodium homemade lentil soup with chopped onion, garlic, carrots, celery & whole wheat pasta (pasta is 150 cal worth amount)
turkey breast 5 oz
Snack: polyo string cheese 2%, , cottage cheese, Ĺ grape fruits
Dinner: donít know yet

I only had breakfast so far, so please advise me know if I should remove/ add anything. Any suggestion for dinner?

How about water intake today? I am thinking to drink dieterís tea. It worked yesterday. Cleanse everything. (sorry if you are eating something!) So I want to do it again. I had 2x 16oz of this yesterday.

Weigh in is going to be at 2:00 p.m. tomorrow. Now I have to worry about fighting. I will let you guys know how it went. At least it seems I can fight. Thatís a start! Thanks a million. You guys have been so helpful and super knowledgeable. Again I appreciate any last minuteís advice.

DutchDynamite
03-14-2008, 11:17 AM
Weigh in is going to be at 2:00 p.m. tomorrow. Now I have to worry about fighting. I will let you guys know how it went. At least it seems I can fight. Thatís a start! Thanks a million. You guys have been so helpful and super knowledgeable. Again I appreciate any last minuteís advice.

You'll be A OK!! thanks D101 for the last best advice. Now rest well and you gonna WIN!

Detroit101
03-14-2008, 11:19 AM
Guys!!! I did what Detroit 101 advised, last night and after the gym I was 112.00. (I was 115 before I started)- The weight I have to be tomorrow.
After I reached home I had little water (oh boy I was so thirsty!) and good amount of dinner.
First in the morning I weigh myself and I gained 1 lbs. So I am now 113 lbs. I will eat normal today during the day and finish dinner and drinking at 6:00, and sweat at night at sauna in plastic. Does this sound O.K.?
Here is what I brought to my office this morning.

Breakfast: Ĺ cup all bran & 1 cup slim plus- I already had this at home
Snack: Luna bar (180 cal)
Lunch: 2 cups low sodium homemade lentil soup with chopped onion, garlic, carrots, celery & whole wheat pasta (pasta is 150 cal worth amount)
turkey breast 5 oz
Snack: polyo string cheese 2%, , cottage cheese, Ĺ grape fruits
Dinner: donít know yet

I only had breakfast so far, so please advise me know if I should remove/ add anything. Any suggestion for dinner?

How about water intake today? I am thinking to drink dieterís tea. It worked yesterday. Cleanse everything. (sorry if you are eating something!) So I want to do it again. I had 2x 16oz of this yesterday.

You are better off to be dehydrated before a fight than malnourished....it sucks that you have only a weigh in only an hour before the fight but it is what it is!

make sure to take a good multi vitamin during the morning of the fight and replenish your electrolytes right after you weigh in....Power Aid and water...

Im happy that this has worked for you! Good Luck and let us know how you do!!!!!!!!

ladybird
03-14-2008, 11:26 AM
You'll be A OK!! thanks D101 for the last best advice. Now rest well and you gonna WIN!

Dutch Dynamite, thank you so so so so much! Are you a boxer. Is this pic. you?
If I win (I will try) I will have to get down 1 more lbs for 1/2 final. I am so interested in carb cycling. (I thought this is some kind of new bicycle... silliy me).

DutchDynamite
03-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Dutch Dynamite, thank you so so so so much! Are you a boxer. Is this pic. you?
If I win (I will try) I will have to get down 1 more lbs for 1/2 final. I am so interested in carb cycling. (I thought this is some kind of new bicycle... silliy me).

yes that "was" me 10 years ago after my kick box fight win. I stopped fighting 8 years ago, got injured on my foot. Too many high kicks to the face haha. Now i just do boxing for fun.

Try carbo cycling, it is something else! but first you relax for a week after your BIG WIN!

ladybird
03-14-2008, 01:15 PM
You are better off to be dehydrated before a fight than malnourished....it sucks that you have only a weigh in only an hour before the fight but it is what it is!

make sure to take a good multi vitamin during the morning of the fight and replenish your electrolytes right after you weigh in....Power Aid and water...

Im happy that this has worked for you! Good Luck and let us know how you do!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much Detroit 101. (it's funny to call you by this name)
So my today's menu is OK?
I will definately let you guys know the result. I will do my best.
Are you a boxer by any chance?

Detroit101
03-14-2008, 02:22 PM
Thanks so much Detroit 101. (it's funny to call you by this name)
So my today's menu is OK?
I will definately let you guys know the result. I will do my best.
Are you a boxer by any chance?

I have been boxing for about 4 1/2 months now and I love it...I wish I would have started a long time ago...I used to wrestle, play baseball and I have always been a bodybuilder/health freak....

Your menu is just fine....Good Luck Tomorrow!

ladybird
03-14-2008, 02:33 PM
yes that "was" me 10 years ago after my kick box fight win. I stopped fighting 8 years ago, got injured on my foot. Too many high kicks to the face haha. Now i just do boxing for fun.

Try carbo cycling, it is something else! but first you relax for a week after your BIG WIN!

Kick boxing- cool! I noticed that your location is Phillipines. Are you there? If so are you excited about tomorrow nite's fight?

ladybird
03-14-2008, 02:39 PM
I have been boxing for about 4 1/2 months now and I love it...I wish I would have started a long time ago...I used to wrestle, play baseball and I have always been a bodybuilder/health freak....

Your menu is just fine....Good Luck Tomorrow!

Thank you so much! I can't wait to be back to a recreational boxer. Being a competitive is pretty tough.
Maybe I will turn into a body builder because I gain mustle pretty easily. :nono:
Well, I will try by best tomorrow, and keep in touch!
Thanks again.

DutchDynamite
03-14-2008, 02:43 PM
Kick boxing- cool! I noticed that your location is Phillipines. Are you there? If so are you excited about tomorrow nite's fight?

yes i am in manila, super excited but cant watch the fight live though, my son is graduating (local time about 12 noon) but no problem. Actually i have met Manny here, nice guy. Had dinner with him and his wife..i have my gloves signed by him. Check out my profile, pig. its there...gotta sleep now

ladybird
03-16-2008, 02:54 AM
Hi. Just wanted to let you know I won. My weight was fine. It was tough fight. From the diet and dehydration, I was really tired after the second round, but managed to continue 3rd round, then at the 4th round I passed through. Also my trainer said, "this is the time you shine. Last 2 minutes!" I didn't think I had power left, but my will kept me moving.
Anyway, I thank you all for the help.
I now have to fight 1/2 final in 10 days. So short!

DutchDynamite
03-16-2008, 09:53 AM
Hi. Just wanted to let you know I won. My weight was fine. It was tough fight. From the diet and dehydration, I was really tired after the second round, but managed to continue 3rd round, then at the 4th round I passed through. Also my trainer said, "this is the time you shine. Last 2 minutes!" I didn't think I had power left, but my will kept me moving.

well done girl! rest & relax for 2 days and then back to training full on!

great Job!:boxing: the finals are near...

ladybird
03-16-2008, 03:59 PM
well done girl! rest & relax for 2 days and then back to training full on!

great Job!:boxing: the finals are near...

Thanks DutchDynamite!
I would like to try carbo cycling this week. I have been on 1200 cal diet with 1/2 hour workout in the morning & 1-2 hours workout in the boxing gym. So my intake has been too little, but I was scared to switch. Now I know the last resort (dehydration) so I would like to shake my body to break the plateau.
I checked body builder's site and I have been reading their articles, but it is somewhat overwhelming. You mentioned about the carbo cycling in a simple way. If you could tell me more about it, or suggest where I can get more info, it would be very appreciated. Can I stay in the same calorie range or can I eat more? I normally have oatmeal or wheat cereal in the morning. This is the only carb I have taken other than that in beans and veggies.

DutchDynamite
03-16-2008, 08:38 PM
Thanks DutchDynamite!
I would like to try carbo cycling this week. I have been on 1200 cal diet with 1/2 hour workout in the morning & 1-2 hours workout in the boxing gym. So my intake has been too little, but I was scared to switch. Now I know the last resort (dehydration) so I would like to shake my body to break the plateau.
I checked body builder's site and I have been reading their articles, but it is somewhat overwhelming. You mentioned about the carbo cycling in a simple way. If you could tell me more about it, or suggest where I can get more info, it would be very appreciated. Can I stay in the same calorie range or can I eat more? I normally have oatmeal or wheat cereal in the morning. This is the only carb I have taken other than that in beans and veggies.

For a start you should eat something good tonight, something bad if you know what i mean, your body deserves its favorite food after a big win.

With the carbo cycling you will eat higher calories on re fuel days (every 3rd day) 1200 on two days straight and maybe 1500 on re fuel days. Making sure these extra calories are clean and not from pizza and doughnuts .

2 days straight you eat carbs until lunch being your last. i have two breakfasts; (1) at 7am 80 grams of oats with skim milk and a banana. (2) 10am, 2 slices wheat bread with tuna on water (150 gr), little ketchup, chili, mustard.
12 noon lunch time would be my last carbs - brown rice.

I use to weigh my all my food, after 2 weeks you know exactly how much you should eat. To know how many calories are in foods, check this site:

www.caloriecounter.com (it doesn't seem to load but there are many calorie counter sites on the net, google search it)

and you will learn what to eat and what not.

good luck

ladybird
03-16-2008, 11:45 PM
For a start you should eat something good tonight, something bad if you know what i mean, your body deserves its favorite food after a big win.

With the carbo cycling you will eat higher calories on re fuel days (every 3rd day) 1200 on two days straight and maybe 1500 on re fuel days. Making sure these extra calories are clean and not from pizza and doughnuts .

2 days straight you eat carbs until lunch being your last. i have two breakfasts; (1) at 7am 80 grams of oats with skim milk and a banana. (2) 10am, 2 slices wheat bread with tuna on water (150 gr), little ketchup, chili, mustard.
12 noon lunch time would be my last carbs - brown rice.

I use to weigh my all my food, after 2 weeks you know exactly how much you should eat. To know how many calories are in foods, check this site:

www.caloriecounter.com (it doesn't seem to load but there are many calorie counter sites on the net, google search it)

and you will learn what to eat and what not.

good luck

Thank you for your detailed advise.
i am using Calorie-count.com to keep my food diary. I have eaten 1200 cal 3 suare meals, but dinner is late for I reach home after 10:00. I have a full time job so I only can go to the gym after work. By the time I reach home it is usually after 10:00. I don't want to eat heavy dinner, but I am usually really hungry, so I ended up eating a lot of salad- a whole romain or lettuce with 3-4 oz turkey or chiken breast and beans (canned) and right before bed, I eat frozen berries with non fat yogurt like ***E.
I have a hard time sleeping. i usually get up in the middle of the night.
Sometimes I snack- almonds or cereal. I know this is bad. I wake up 5- 6 a.m.
I was smiling when i read "bad food such as pizza or donuts". They used to be my two favorite foods. I used to eat a whole pizza by myself and I used to eat 2 dunkin donuts every morning. I am a big eater to begin with. But since I commited to be a competitive boxer I stopped all that and became strict eater. I think being on low calorie diet, my body adjusted accordingly, I usually eat 1500 cal if no need to make weight, and 2-3 weeks before the fight I drop down to 1200 and increased exercise, but this time, it didn't work. I was stuck with 118 for the longest, and struggled around 115. I will have to be 111 lbs in 10 days. I can do the thing- dehydration and cleansing for days, but it was pretty tough pysically and mentally. So as I said I wanted to try something different for this week to see if I can shake my body by changing diet or exercise. I will try smaller meal and change calorie every 2 days like you mentioned. Any carb intake changes between 1200 / 1500 re- fuel days?
Do I just increase the calories or any particular item I should add during re-fuel days?

DutchDynamite
03-17-2008, 12:04 AM
Thank you for your detailed advise.
i am using Calorie-count.com to keep my food diary. I have eaten 1200 cal 3 suare meals, but dinner is late for I reach home after 10:00. I have a full time job so I only can go to the gym after work. By the time I reach home it is usually after 10:00. I don't want to eat heavy dinner, but I am usually really hungry, so I ended up eating a lot of salad- a whole romain or lettuce with 3-4 oz turkey or chiken breast and beans (canned) and right before bed, I eat frozen berries with non fat yogurt like ***E.
I have a hard time sleeping. i usually get up in the middle of the night.
Sometimes I snack- almonds or cereal. I know this is bad. I wake up 5- 6 a.m.
I was smiling when i read "bad food such as pizza or donuts". They used to be my two favorite foods. I used to eat a whole pizza by myself and I used to eat 2 dunkin donuts every morning. I am a big eater to begin with. But since I commited to be a competitive boxer I stopped all that and became strict eater. I think being on low calorie diet, my body adjusted accordingly, I usually eat 1500 cal if no need to make weight, and 2-3 weeks before the fight I drop down to 1200 and increased exercise, but this time, it didn't work. I was stuck with 118 for the longest, and struggled around 115. I will have to be 111 lbs in 10 days. I can do the thing- dehydration and cleansing for days, but it was pretty tough pysically and mentally. So as I said I wanted to try something different for this week to see if I can shake my body by changing diet or exercise. I will try smaller meal and change calorie every 2 days like you mentioned. Any carb intake changes between 1200 / 1500 re- fuel days?
Do I just increase the calories or any particular item I should add during re-fuel days?

I am adding carbs for dinner on re fuel days since my training finishes at 7pm latest so my body has time to burn some of the calories by the time i sleep at midnight.

YOU should not ad carbs for your 10pm dinner, its to late and you will not burn but you are hungry. You should eat a wheat bread tuna or chicken sandwich or carb bar snack BEFORE your work out, like 45 min - 1 hour max. before the workout. By doing this you will be less hungry by 10 pm and you can eat your salad with chicken strips, mushrooms etc. I use japanese zero fat dressings from the asian grocery - very tasty! Put some cottage cheese on you salad as well for rebuilding your muscles. A glass of low fat or fat free milk fills me up just before i sleep!

Give it a try

Detroit101
03-17-2008, 11:06 AM

GOOD JOB! We knew you were going to win! Im glad everything worked out for you!

ladybird
03-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Thanks Detroit 101! You were such a great advisor! I really appreciate your help. Talk to you soon.

sterling
03-17-2008, 07:04 PM
hey gd luck with ur fight i hope u win and do alot of running it shud be gd for losin wieght