View Full Version : Results From My Big Match 2nite..

DA1CATAS
03-11-2008, 11:03 PM
ROUND 1

OK OK OK FIRST OFFSparring will be posted.

Heres a quick rundown of the fight.

We both did some trash talking before hand... he brought all his people from his complex. i brought my lil bro to record...

Round 1
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6KazxFSX-sw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6KazxFSX-sw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Me: My round.
Him: My Round
Crowd: My round.

Round 2
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JDGF5cuasoc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JDGF5cuasoc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Round 3
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8GJYYmMisLg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8GJYYmMisLg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

4th Round

He landed some nice uppercuts... I was jabbing but obviously tired... he landed about 3-4 uppercuts.. I dodged a few.. its not as obvious as it felt but he FINALLY CAUGHT ME WITH A RIGHT HAND FULL OF POWER it stumbled me a lil.. he noticed i was a lil out of it and starts boxing with his hands down... trying to show off.. i just land the jab... we get close and then he starts holding my head down to punch.. he did it sorta easily too... His Trainer got mad at him and then my trainer told us Both to get the F out the ring because he couldn't control himself.

His size at first had me a lil intimidated... but my lead left hook erased all of that.

I also switched styles for him and started boxing using the shoulder roll.... and I was rolling ALOT... ALOT OF ROLLING... because i didn't wanna get caught clean with his punch because i knew he had power... You will see a few times i rolled away from taking full contact.

Didn't do it as good as James Toney or Mayweather but it helped me enough...

I hope you guys enjoy the fight :) I feel good..
I hope you guys feel the same. It'll be up soon most likely 2mora or DEFINITELY the 13th because You tube takes long. So imma load them in pieces.

sterling
03-11-2008, 11:15 PM
oh cool so he won then?

DA1CATAS
03-11-2008, 11:41 PM
oh cool so he won then?

LOL... CAN YOU READ? ... LOOK IT OVER AGAIN... I'LL BE BACK LATA.

boxing4ever
03-12-2008, 12:11 AM
good sparring! I already know how it went down becuase **** like this always happens in my gym and before you know it someone is getting outboxed and they pull something illegal or slick. Ive seen guys spar with heavyweights when the heavyweights have a lot of weight on them and i guess it was all different and everyone sparred differently aginst a heavyweight. good k coming your way catas

sterling
03-12-2008, 12:35 AM
LOL... CAN YOU READ? ... LOOK IT OVER AGAIN... I'LL BE BACK LATA.

cudnet be bothered lol to much :P gues il jus watch and by the way sparrin is different from a real fight

DA1CATAS
03-12-2008, 12:57 AM
cudnet be bothered lol to much :P gues il jus watch and by the way sparrin is different from a real fight

ohh yea.. that is definitely true....

would have been a minute shorter...

he would have had points taken away....

Ring would have been bigger for me...

and he would have been knocked out.. lol because no one my size is taking the lead left hooks i was landing the whole night.

So yea a real fight with him at my weight would have been much different.. I hear ya.

2swell k-wells
03-12-2008, 02:22 AM
You got hurt when ya fell down? If it were a mma fight u wouldnt last long, you'd probably put on your back pretty quick.

Cant wait to see the vid man.

kryo
03-12-2008, 03:00 AM
You got hurt when ya fell down? If it were a mma fight u wouldnt last long, you'd probably put on your back pretty quick.

Cant wait to see the vid man.

Good thing he's not an MMA fighter..

Good thing this is a boxing forum..

Good thing MMA fighters enjoy fondling each others oiled bodys, wrapped in a thin speedo on national television.

!! Shawn
03-12-2008, 05:14 AM
You are posting a story about a sparring session?

Unanimous
03-12-2008, 06:04 AM
U gonna go for a rematch DA1CATAS?

DA1CATAS
03-12-2008, 10:29 AM
You are posting a story about a sparring session?

Well it was just a regular sparring session...

But he's the amateur Heavyweight state Champion....He came to the gym talking so much trash and in only on day it got so hyped up...

He was talking trash in my gym and then they made him leave because it was disturbing.. I come outside after training and he's in the ****in parking lot talking trash...

So i started talking too.. and everyone just automatically assumed i was getting knocked out because hes so much heavier than me.. anyway it grew to sumthin bigger because we had people even making bets... or should i say he because they were all against me.. and all for a K.O. by the 3rd.

one guy bet on me and he said he collected about 200.. and he said it woulda been more if everyone would have held to their bets.. but he couldn't enforce it so he was just happy with that.

So yea i posted it because of the weight difference and for the size it grew too... Sorry if it annoyed you.

DA1CATAS
03-12-2008, 10:32 AM
U gonna go for a rematch DA1CATAS?

Yea even though i won this one and it won't sorta mean as much as this one time..(though it will be just another sparring match) I'm gonna treat it like we just left off... because I don't like the way he was man handling me...

I never been man handled before.. He pushed me so easy.. held my neck down so easy.... threw me to the floor so easy:owned: .... I was out boxing him but his power over me was apparent..

o I gotta get better and embarrass him for that. i dont like being man handled. But honestly i couldn't help it.:tapedshut

Unanimous
03-12-2008, 10:37 AM
I never been man handled before.. He pushed me so easy.. held my neck down so easy.... threw me to the floor so easy:owned: .... I was out boxing him but his power over me was apparent..

What was his weight compared to your weight? If he has many pounds over you then I wouldn't be too embarrassed by being pushed around.

sterling
03-12-2008, 10:53 AM
hey man enough talk and more posting ;)

DA1CATAS
03-12-2008, 10:58 AM
hey man enough talk and more posting ;)

Its def coming man...

No lie man i will have it.. I gotta clear some movies off my computer ... actually doing it now to load it all on through sony vegas and then send it to you-tube

DA1CATAS
03-12-2008, 11:00 AM
What was his weight compared to your weight? If he has many pounds over you then I wouldn't be too embarrassed by being pushed around.

I'm like 172... he's like 210-220 he said...

he said he's trying to make 178 though...

I don't see that happening when his body looks like mine but just alot bigger.

sterling
03-12-2008, 06:51 PM
guess this fight isnt coming then lol

!! Shawn
03-12-2008, 08:38 PM
Yea even though i won this one and it won't sorta mean as much as this one time..(though it will be just another sparring match) I'm gonna treat it like we just left off... because I don't like the way he was man handling me...

o I gotta get better and embarrass him for that. i dont like being man handled. But honestly i couldn't help it.:tapedshut

News flash, you cant win sparring.

2swell k-wells
03-12-2008, 09:12 PM
whats the hold up? is your brother editing the parts out where u get your ass kicked?

sterling
03-12-2008, 09:22 PM
whats the hold up? is your brother editing the parts out where u get your ass kicked?

rofl :P maybe lol

DA1CATAS
03-12-2008, 10:12 PM
News flash, you cant win sparring.

New flash... Read before you speak...

there was bets on this because it turned into an event when they heard he was the 200+ Am Heavyweight champion calling out the middleweight AM champ.. SO SOMEONE HAS TO WIN YOU DUMBASS.. CHILL

AND TO THE OTHER GUYS JUS CHILL ... I SAID ITS COMIN TODAY OR THE 13TH...

TO BE HONEST I GOTTA FINISH MAKING A VID FOR MY CHURCH WHICH WILL BE DONE TONIGHT.. THEN I CAN ERASE ALL THE STUFF TO UPLOAD THE FIGHT... I MEAN DAMN... DONT KILL ME CUZ I DONT HAVE ENOUGH SPACE.

SAID IT'LL BE UP 2NITE OR 2MORA.. YESTERDAY AND THATS WHA IT WILL BE.. AIGHT 1

OH YEA.. VOTE OBAMA OR IMMA WHOOOP YO ASS

sweet*science
03-12-2008, 10:17 PM
Aight, Im looking forward to seeing this Vid.

Deeznuts
03-13-2008, 12:01 PM
For what I read and see on your posts ur a very good amateur. I hope to see that fight soon

giantsbran1227
03-13-2008, 03:49 PM
wheres the vid son

Nacho_Analstain
03-13-2008, 03:55 PM
still waiting ...

sterling
03-13-2008, 07:33 PM
stil waiting but i dont think its comin as i said lol

2swell k-wells
03-13-2008, 08:47 PM
What is the hold up? just put it on youtube then put it in here, not hard. No need to edit this ****, its only sparring. Forget the G-unit crap in the vid and just post it how it is.

MentalExecution
03-13-2008, 09:49 PM
What is the hold up? just put it on youtube then put it in here, not hard. No need to edit this ****, its only sparring. Forget the G-unit crap in the vid and just post it how it is.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

BTW were still waiting on the 2008 Sparring Session of the Year

MentalExecution
03-13-2008, 09:49 PM
anytime now?

DA1CATAS
03-13-2008, 10:39 PM
lol.. why you dudes trynna clown me... its at 44 percent on youtube...

Sorry ma comps a lil slow.. wha ya want me to do? I had to finish my church's video to have space before I could even put the fight on my comp....

Well its at 45% now... i dont know where the killer hostility is coming from.. I estimated it wouldn't take so long.. my bad.

DA1CATAS
03-13-2008, 10:41 PM
stil waiting but i dont think its comin as i said lol

whats with the hate man? I told you it was coming... jus takin a lil longer to load on youtube... and thats just round one because of my space on the offices comp.

You being funny or really just getting at me?

anyway its at 45% on youtube.. 1

Southpaw Stinger
03-13-2008, 10:48 PM
I believe ya man.

DA1CATAS
03-13-2008, 11:02 PM
I believe ya man.

lol.. thanx...

I'm not ashamed of the match... its a bigger guy.. told you all what happened...

Its just taking long... woulda have actually been done but ma pops closed it out earlier today.

mamoroso04
03-13-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't post much here but I've read and seen what you have to say and you seem like you're a very talented AM boxer. I'm anxious to see this video of yours.

DA1CATAS
03-13-2008, 11:22 PM
I don't post much here but I've read and seen what you have to say and you seem like you're a very talented AM boxer. I'm anxious to see this video of yours.

I'm decent... I'm getting better.. almost good enough for my body to catch up with my mind ...

lol catch up with my mouth too. ;)

Hwann
03-13-2008, 11:44 PM
Is it done uploading? Sounds like a pretty good am fight so I would like to see it.

DA1CATAS
03-13-2008, 11:48 PM
Is it done uploading? Sounds like a pretty good am fight so I would like to see it.

No its not done yet.. i'm trying to stay up until it is finished.. but i have to get to the school(job) at 7 for some early morning classes 2mora. so i dont know.

ooooh no ...if ya read it was just some hyped up sparring that people came too...and bet on...

The Sensei that owns the gym said nothing like this would ever happen again because the other guy invited like his whole complex...

I just invited my lil bro to record it.

Sorry if I lead ya to think it was a Sanctioned fight.. Just me (165) sparring a heavyweight.. for 4 rounds.. but a lil more intense than sparring. lol he sorta even throws me around to the floor.

Hwann
03-14-2008, 12:10 AM
It still sounds like a good match/spar. So I'll jsut wait. By the ways congrats on winning.

DA1CATAS
03-14-2008, 12:23 AM
It still sounds like a good match/spar. So I'll jsut wait. By the ways congrats on winning.

lol.. don't let anyone hear you say that...

Because actually ya can't win sparring.. but i only stated what some people that bet said.. because bets have to have some kinda win.

But thanx.. it'll be up.. Guys actually part of the gym as of now.. me and him will be sparring alot...whole lot.. we have a lil comp thing goin on.

Hwann
03-14-2008, 12:30 AM
That acutally might be good since you two might always be trying to beat each other so you both get better. A rival basically (even though he ways way more than you).

2swell k-wells
03-14-2008, 05:07 AM

dont let the muscles fool u....he sucks...LOL

jk da1 jk.

DA1CATAS
03-14-2008, 09:07 AM
dont let the muscles fool u....he sucks...LOL

jk da1 jk.

lol... I took it as I suck compared to My talking and hype... lol that wouldnt be so bad ;)

Heres Round 1.... Posted in THREAD starting post.

sterling
03-14-2008, 09:24 AM
ROUND 1

We both did some trash talking before hand... he brought all his people from his complex. i brought my lil bro to record...

Round 1
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6KazxFSX-sw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6KazxFSX-sw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I hope you guys feel the same. It'll be up soon most likely 2mora or DEFINITELY the 13th because You tube takes long. So imma load them in pieces.
finally u showed urself lol and u need better head movement bro also try to move around more gd round.

DA1CATAS
03-14-2008, 10:10 AM
finally u showed urself lol and u need better head movement bro also try to move around more gd round.

Thanx.. I was just really focused on his power...

You'll see the barrage of punches he lands in the 2nd round that I think he won...

I really didnt want him landing the right hand.. Even throwing it.. So you will see that I start throwing alot of hooks soon.

I wanted him to be thinking about gaurding with that right instead of throwing.. but as you will see I'm gonna need combos instead of 1 banger hooks to make him think.

Round 2 coming.

Unanimous
03-14-2008, 10:25 AM
I enjoyed that DA1, posting the vid should shut up the haters who thought you were at it. You could tell by his attitude in the ring that you were getting to him. Good stuff!

DA1CATAS
03-14-2008, 10:55 AM
I enjoyed that DA1, posting the vid should shut up the haters who thought you were at it. You could tell by his attitude in the ring that you were getting to him. Good stuff!

Well I thought i'd be able to do a lil more than just be "getting him"

I have to admit...if its not obvious I'm realizing my power isnt as good once I jump past guys that weigh 190....

Had this image of myself being able to KO almost anyone.. More like just 165 to 190.

Darkstranger
03-14-2008, 12:25 PM
Well done DA1CATAS!

But I have to say I wasn't impressed with that heavyweight. He had very slow handspeed, he had no snap in his punches at all. To be honest in an open class state championship he'd get a good ass wupping! Obviously he was stronger than you, but that was his only advantage. You got under his skin because you were out boxing him. Nothing worse for a big guy when you're sparring a smaller fella. You just wanna land the bomb to unsettle him, but when he starts outboxing you and moving in and out of range tagging you it can get so frustrating. And that's exactly what you did to him.

:boxing:

joecrappy
03-14-2008, 12:37 PM
not bad man...not bad at all. That other guy looked pretty massive when it showed the clip at the beginning. I was laughing my ass off at 'this ***** put bush in office' lmao

Southpaw Stinger
03-14-2008, 12:49 PM
ROUND 1

Round 1

Round 2
He came out sorta embarrassed from round one and threw ridiculous combos and flurries at my mid Section which didn't really do anything though a few landed.. I taunted him on the inside and kept saying come on..i landed some shots but his beginning flurry in the first 10 seconds was the dominating point of the whole round.

Him: His Round Beginning flurry he was saying.

Me: His round ---Though the beginning flurry was early it hurt a lil more than it looked so i gave it too him.. though that was his only great moment.

Crowd: My Round (everyone said because he didnt land much of the punches because i was blocking them)

Round 3
I came out a lil tired and started trying to jab alot... He was charging alot and i set him up once we got close to the ropes and landed a real nice left hook (again, as you will see).. he then spun me around with him and then slammed me on the floor and then kept saying his bad... it sorta hurt my back and knocked a lil wind outta me because of the funny way i landed but it wasn't so bad to be serious.

Me: My round.. his slam almost got the sparring match stopped and i felt when i started to jab it got alot easier to control him.

Him: my round because he knew he was throwing some low stuff he said and the slam... lol he didn't even mention the punches i hit him wit.

Crowd: Said I won this round because of him slamming me and my jab

4th Round

He landed some nice uppercuts... I was jabbing but obviously tired... he landed about 3-4 uppercuts.. I dodged a few.. its not as obvious as it felt but he FINALLY CAUGHT ME WITH A RIGHT HAND FULL OF POWER it stumbled me a lil.. he noticed i was a lil out of it and starts boxing with his hands down... trying to show off.. i just land the jab... we get close and then he starts holding my head down to punch.. he did it sorta easily too... His Trainer got mad at him and then my trainer told us Both to get the F out the ring because he couldn't control himself.

Crowd: his round because he rocked me at the end.

Me: His round because he rocked me at the end.

Him: His round because " It was just too easy for me when you got tired ***** ass"

Bottom line my one guy that bet on me won like 200 bucks...he said...

This guy has now joined my gym also... and it wont be the last time we spar...

His size at first had me a lil intimidated... but my lead left hook erased all of that.

I also switched styles for him and started boxing using the shoulder roll.... and I was rolling ALOT... ALOT OF ROLLING... because i didn't wanna get caught clean with his punch because i knew he had power... You will see a few times i rolled away from taking full contact.

Didn't do it as good as James Toney or Mayweather but it helped me enough...

I hope you guys enjoy the fight :) I feel good.. Tell me if you agree with the crowd at the end too...i say crowd and not me and him because they basically judged it since they bet.

Good round man, i liked it. Bit more head movement and some tighter defense and you'll do even better. You got a good left.

kryo
03-14-2008, 02:33 PM
I enjoyed how you ended most of your **** with a left hook.

danny stash
03-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Well done DA1CATAS!

But I have to say I wasn't impressed with that heavyweight. He had very slow handspeed, he had no snap in his punches at all. To be honest in an open class state championship he'd get a good ass wupping! Obviously he was stronger than you, but that was his only advantage. You got under his skin because you were out boxing him. Nothing worse for a big guy when you're sparring a smaller fella. You just wanna land the bomb to unsettle him, but when he starts outboxing you and moving in and out of range tagging you it can get so frustrating. And that's exactly what you did to him.

:boxing:
I was NOT impressed with the opponent at all. He had no head movement, a horrible jab and stood wide open, you coulda went to the body all day. As far as you are concerned, very nice left hook especially when you doubled it up. As the smaller man I would have liked to me more ring movement and double jabs. Also maybe more head movement comin in.

Nice vid I was impressed!

rj_ct
03-14-2008, 03:34 PM
looking good

2swell k-wells
03-14-2008, 05:38 PM
good job man

Gio
03-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Dude, you looked good in there.

Nice left hook.
You seem to be a natural fighter.

What program do you use to edit your videos?

2swell k-wells
03-14-2008, 07:50 PM
now lets see round 2 where u lose.

DA1CATAS
03-14-2008, 10:17 PM
now lets see round 2 where u lose.

lol..its coming...

I rope a dope...for the beginning.. i still land a bunch punches.. but his flurries win the round in my eyes...

its at 51%...

DA1CATAS
03-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Dude, you looked good in there.

Nice left hook.
You seem to be a natural fighter.

What program do you use to edit your videos?

lol... save that VERY appreciated compliment until you see the 2nd round.

Not everyone likes the rope a dope... But i like it.. and he was the perfect guy for it.... getting mad and just rushing in at anything I said.

2swell k-wells
03-15-2008, 12:04 AM
what did u say to him? were you 2 making dinner plans afterwards?

DA1CATAS
03-15-2008, 12:54 AM
what did u say to him? were you 2 making dinner plans afterwards?

lol.. I'm laughing at the attempt... not the joke itself..

lol.. are you training or something? I see you trying sorta hard....?

West24
03-15-2008, 02:29 AM
you looked pretty good. you have a really good left hand. some of your hooks were slaps though, which get penalized in amateurs. the one problem you really have is you drop your right hand to your waste when you get close to throw. this is really dangerous especially against a south paw. if you dont fix that you will get knocked out with a right, if you havent already. but you looked good in there.

2swell k-wells
03-15-2008, 02:32 AM
lol.. I'm laughing at the attempt... not the joke itself..

lol.. are you training or something? I see you trying sorta hard....?

I sure am, bought my 1st protein bar tonight, im proud of myself....:banana:

lukeybg
03-15-2008, 09:32 AM
haha why does know one like this guy?? seems like jealousy to me he looks like a very good strong boxer. For starters that sterling guy - who puts his vids on youtube is an idiot look at him on the heavybag its all over the shop with him slapping it. You shouldnt really take the piss outta people if your no better

DA1CATAS
03-15-2008, 10:17 AM
you looked pretty good. you have a really good left hand. some of your hooks were slaps though, which get penalized in amateurs. the one problem you really have is you drop your right hand to your waste when you get close to throw. this is really dangerous especially against a south paw. if you dont fix that you will get knocked out with a right, if you havent already. but you looked good in there.

lol.. naa i haven't..... That was great information but I was thinking:

If my right hand is down he will try and clobber me each time with a power shot.. which is exactly what he did... I needed him to throw so i could throw counter punches and combos... But only off counters.. I didn't wanna initiate the contact.. thats why most of my punches besides a few jabs in the 3rd are counters...

He's knocked a FEW guys out with body shots slipping close jabs... I didnt wanna be one of those guys... He always runs in when they cover up which made me think:
"Yo I gotta make this guy stay outside without the jab....HOW?" (anymore ideas someone?) I figured he would try to catch me if my hands were low on the outisde and he did... (instead of my first jumping in and out..lol:owned: )

But usually If I was fighting someone near my weightclass... or even under it.. I would definitely have both hands high... This guy was a lil slow.. he just had MASSIVE power naa mean?

Thanks for the help though.. i won't jive like i don't do it sometimes when i shouldn't.. Thanx:boxing:

2 and 3 round coming today.

DA1CATAS
03-15-2008, 10:26 AM
haha why does know one like this guy?? seems like jealousy to me he looks like a very good strong boxer. For starters that sterling guy - who puts his vids on youtube is an idiot look at him on the heavybag its all over the shop with him slapping it. You shouldnt really take the piss outta people if your no better

Well... To be honest my mouth is ahead of my skill.... Thats probably why some guys try to stick it too me.

I'm good...Alot of people know me because of the state P.A.L. ...But I'm held alot higher than I am around town HERE and BACK home up north.....Thats why I TRAIN so hard to stay inshape and improve so quickly at this science..

People see my a lil fat and say " Hey champ you lookin outta shape whats goin on? Retired?" Not to mention I teach so the kids are always on me about whats happening...

So I'd say they get a lil mad because my mouth And way I look so inshape is better than my actual skill (by a little bit)... lol thats why this heavyweight wanted to fight me in the first place... He knew it couldnt happen in a sanctioned fight so he said "I'm heavyweight state champ and this lil ***** thinks hes the best imma KO him first round"

Its no biggie.. Many boxers say they do this and were told to do this.

Didn't ali say sumthin about if your not the champion act like you are or talk like it anyway... I took that and ran with it. lol literally too. hahaha:grouphug:

DA1CATAS
03-15-2008, 10:27 AM
I sure am, bought my 1st protein bar tonight, im proud of myself....:banana:

why do you have such bad karma? I'm not trynna be funny? i was just looking at it...

I'mma give ya some GK

dfwtx
03-15-2008, 10:45 AM
round 1 looked good, cant wait for the others

joecrappy
03-15-2008, 11:29 AM

Well... To be honest my mouth is ahead of my skill.... Thats probably why some guys try to stick it too me.

I'm good...Alot of people know me because of the state P.A.L. ...But I'm held alot higher than I am around town HERE and BACK home up north.....Thats why I TRAIN so hard to stay inshape and improve so quickly at this science..

People see my a lil fat and say " Hey champ you lookin outta shape whats goin on? Retired?" Not to mention I teach so the kids are always on me about whats happening...

So I'd say they get a lil mad because my mouth And way I look so inshape is better than my actual skill (by a little bit)... lol thats why this heavyweight wanted to fight me in the first place... He knew it couldnt happen in a sanctioned fight so he said "I'm heavyweight state champ and this lil ***** thinks hes the best imma KO him first round"

Its no biggie.. Many boxers say they do this and were told to do this.

Didn't ali say sumthin about if your not the champion act like you are or talk like it anyway... I took that and ran with it. lol literally too. hahaha:grouphug:

Yeah, that is cool that you are very confident. Almost ****y.

You gotta realize though...to put it blunt.

You aint ****.

At least yet. There is an entirely different level that you havent experienced yet. A level where if you sparred them, you would get the **** kicked out of you.

Gotta at least be a little humble. I learned this the hard way. Not in boxing but in another sport.

You may be the creme de la creme in your little ****hole (Florida..well it aint a **** hole but you get my drift) but if you go to a boxing hotbed and train..you would get the piss beaten out of you.

Dig?

sterling
03-15-2008, 11:50 AM

wtf? when did i take the piss out of him i gave him some tips then told him it was a gd round so shut up maybe? you cant judge someone on a few vids u idiot.
Slappin the heavybag? i would love to see u take them shots :) hater

DA1CATAS
03-15-2008, 03:16 PM
Yeah, that is cool that you are very confident. Almost ****y.

You gotta realize though...to put it blunt.

You aint ****.

At least yet. There is an entirely different level that you havent experienced yet. A level where if you sparred them, you would get the **** kicked out of you.

Gotta at least be a little humble. I learned this the hard way. Not in boxing but in another sport.

You may be the creme de la creme in your little ****hole (Florida..well it aint a **** hole but you get my drift) but if you go to a boxing hotbed and train..you would get the piss beaten out of you.

Dig?

I know exactly what you mean....

I wouldnt even have to take it professional to get beat down.. I'm petty sure there are LOTS of boxers my Weightclass that are AM that could beat me at this point and time in my knowledge...

I just choose to stay borderline ****y.. it attracts people to my real fights...

I know when to turn it off and on though...

I understand exactly what your saying. Thanx.

mamoroso04
03-15-2008, 03:32 PM
That first round looked nice, you definitely had a substantial advantage in terms of speed. How tall are you?

lukeybg
03-15-2008, 03:44 PM
to be fair sterling much of what you said had a lol or a smiley face at the end so i guess it was just in jest and not serious.

anyway what gym you at and what you weigh sterling??

GTL
03-15-2008, 06:43 PM
i saw the clip. im no boxer but i'd like to give my 2cents..

u got caught a few times. 1:07.. 2:20 you got caught.. 2:28 he caught u with a hook

good to see u shoot the right hand a few times at the end.. u caught him..

u got the better of him.. if sum1 already posted this i apologize.. im not gunna read thru 15 pages of bull****..

DA1CATAS
03-15-2008, 08:33 PM
i saw the clip. im no boxer but i'd like to give my 2cents..

u got caught a few times. 1:07.. 2:20 you got caught.. 2:28 he caught u with a hook

good to see u shoot the right hand a few times at the end.. u caught him..

u got the better of him.. if sum1 already posted this i apologize.. im not gunna read thru 15 pages of bull****..

lol.. it wouldn't matter... Everything is new to me... Thanx for the info.. 1

D.I.E.S.E.L
03-15-2008, 08:44 PM
lol.. it wouldn't matter... Everything is new to me... Thanx for the info.. 1

yo..so that dude Charlie Zelenoff was talking about you in that youtube clip?

2swell k-wells
03-16-2008, 12:26 AM
Just watched Round 2 on youtube, the beginning was sorta brutal.

DA1CATAS
03-16-2008, 01:07 AM
Just watched Round 2 on youtube, the beginning was sorta brutal.

youtube? I posted it here... its in the lineup at the start thread.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JDGF5cuasoc&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JDGF5cuasoc&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

3 will be 2mora.

03-16-2008, 01:22 AM
Glad to see you got such a response from everyone here, man that was exciting to watch, can't wait to see the rest of it bro, really impressed with your work.

DA1CATAS
03-16-2008, 01:30 AM
Glad to see you got such a response from everyone here, man that was exciting to watch, can't wait to see the rest of it bro, really impressed with your work.

Thanx man.. round 3 is a good round for me I say... People tell me i won round 2 and 3.. I thought just 1 and 3...

this one and the 4th are the ones i lost...Atleast thats what i think. They said he didnt land enough because I blocked alot.. and landed my hooks. I did but i still gave it to him.

thnax for the encouragement though.:boxing:

03-16-2008, 02:03 AM
Thanx man.. round 3 is a good round for me I say... People tell me i won round 2 and 3.. I thought just 1 and 3...

this one and the 4th are the ones i lost...Atleast thats what i think. They said he didnt land enough because I blocked alot.. and landed my hooks. I did but i still gave it to him.

thnax for the encouragement though.:boxing:

I agree with you, however in round 2 he came out with a nasty flurry in the corner, but as I said before, all his shots he was pounding alot of leather and not much more. You landed some good stinging hooks off the ropes as well, so I would give that round to you as well, so far I think you took both.

2swell k-wells
03-16-2008, 02:45 AM
youtube? I posted it here... its in the lineup at the start thread.

3 will be 2mora.

ah yeah, didnt see it there when i checked, so i just went to youtube to watch.

DA1CATAS
03-16-2008, 02:49 AM
ah yeah, didnt see it there when i checked, so i just went to youtube to watch.

3 HAS 14% LEFT THEN ITS DONE.

rj_ct
03-16-2008, 02:50 AM
round two was raw

2swell k-wells
03-16-2008, 05:13 AM
3 HAS 14% LEFT THEN ITS DONE.

sweet, good posting Da1

aussieboxer2320
03-16-2008, 06:39 AM
sounds like you guiys get some pretty intense sparring lol

well congrats for putting it over a bigger and stronger guy, u seem to be a fairly well rounded sort of boxer with a bit of everything

putting it over the heavyweight Amateur champ when your a middleweight is something to be proud of , even if it only is sparring

so whats your am record, i think you mentioned somewhere on the thread your the middleweight am champ? you also mentioned golden gloves that sounds like a big deal in the US

well good luck

DA1CATAS
03-16-2008, 09:58 AM
sweet, good posting Da1

3'S UP.... LEMME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK MAN. THANX.

msagrain
03-16-2008, 10:14 AM
at the end of round 1 you aint naz lol keep you hands up and make sure when you throw a 3 punch combo or more that your hands always come back to your cheek so your face is covered and you get more power on your shot.

DA1CATAS
03-16-2008, 02:30 PM
at the end of round 1 you aint naz lol keep you hands up and make sure when you throw a 3 punch combo or more that your hands always come back to your cheek so your face is covered and you get more power on your shot.

lol... i know..

i forget sometimes... hopefully yopu tellin me will help the memory when i get hyped..

Thanx for the info... What about 2-3?

msagrain
03-16-2008, 04:04 PM
lol... i know..

i forget sometimes... hopefully yopu tellin me will help the memory when i get hyped..

Thanx for the info... What about 2-3?

round 2 you needed to swich him in the corner, if you are not sure how to do it ask your coach.

Also when you fight guys from your own gym there is no need to go to war with them only if they are from another gym like this guy is.

keep the good work up.

DA1CATAS
03-16-2008, 06:48 PM
round 2 you needed to swich him in the corner, if you are not sure how to do it ask your coach.

Also when you fight guys from your own gym there is no need to go to war with them only if they are from another gym like this guy is.

keep the good work up.

Why switch him? He wasn't hurting me,.. i was throwing his best punches.. and losing alot of energy...

Thats why as you will see.. the 3rd round was so easy for me.. he was DEAD tired.

Rope a dop actually worked for me this one time.

rj_ct
03-16-2008, 06:51 PM
the vids are good man. you're looking good in there. but we could really do without the monologue **** in the begining.

just sayin.

DA1CATAS
03-16-2008, 06:54 PM
the vids are good man. you're looking good in there. but we could really do without the monologue **** in the begining.

just sayin.

thanx... lol.. sorry am boys back home get a huge kick outta me talkin.. thas how we always did it.. and how people know me.

also if i dont like a ***** i try to get at em.. inside and outside the ring...

I.E. "***** you gay" lmao.. see wha i mean? just a small addition.

rj_ct
03-16-2008, 07:25 PM
the "that's gay" clip was funny.

are you at a karate gym? i heard someone counting in japanese.

Nacho_Analstain
03-16-2008, 07:34 PM
thanx... lol.. sorry am boys back home get a huge kick outta me talkin.. thas how we always did it.. and how people know me.

you needed your first loss to humble you abit, your easier to talk too now lol

DA1CATAS
03-16-2008, 07:52 PM
you needed your first loss to humble you abit, your easier to talk too now lol

lol... i'm still the same guy...

just without my 0 lol...

and even though people will think I am lying again my traininer is already complaning about posting my sparring session...

just called me on the phone sayin he saw me ... I understand him...but then I dont.

Boxers see each other all the time. people record all the time. like myself.

Nacho_Analstain
03-16-2008, 07:56 PM
lol... i'm still the same guy...

just without my 0 lol...

and even though people will think I am lying again my traininer is already complaning about posting my sparring session...

just called me on the phone sayin he saw me ... I understand him...but then I dont.

Boxers see each other all the time. people record all the time. like myself.

yeh nothin wrong with showin that to people, comments are good positive or negative, helps you learn, your alot better than when i first saw a video of you anyway, keep it up .. only thing i feel i need to say is get some more pop in your punches, be more explosive and energetic .. the rest youll figure out yourself you obviously train hard

03-16-2008, 08:15 PM

I disagree totally, I think the dialouge in the beginning and the little clips make it entertaining as ****, gets me really into the video.

Evil_Meat
03-16-2008, 08:18 PM
wow do i wish i had access to a gym like that with more competition... I've never had the chance to spar a heavyweight like myself except for this one time i showed up after a long layoff all high n **** (retarted looking back on it) and there was this 6"5 200+ pound guy who was much older and way more experienced and being high and out of shape like i was i took a savage beating for the first 2 rounds. I remember in between the 2nd and 3rd round my trainer was trying to stop my nosebleed and i looked down and blood was all over my shirt and even on my shoes. Turns out the idiot tried so hard those first 2 rounds that he slowed quite a bit and i gave him a good beating in the 3rd rocking him pretty nicely with a stiff straight right to the temple, man that **** was intense. It was also a simple adjustment i didn't make until the 3rd round.

sterling
03-16-2008, 10:08 PM
nice rounds man but u was a sucker for his jab sometimes u gta move ur feet more bro

DA1CATAS
03-16-2008, 10:59 PM
nice rounds man but u was a sucker for his jab sometimes u gta move ur feet more bro

Thats good info...

I infuse everything you guys are telling me into the actual way i box off tape..

movement and lots of jabs... not looking for so many hooks and taking chances like i did in these videos.

all the info you guys give me really gets loaded into my brain.. thanx.

i'll probably take them all down in a week though.. My traininer is really gettin pissed..

maybe just make them private on youtube maybe.

Evil_Meat
03-17-2008, 12:07 PM
if you're going to use the philly shell really try and bring that shoulder high up on your temple. I got good at it by constantly practicing it against less skilled opponents until i was comfortable enough to do it against anyone. On a side note I just loved how in the first round he expected you to start jabbing and u nailed him with lead left hooks. Also don't forget to feint cause i know for me once im really focused in an intense sparring session i forget to feint... everything i do feels natural except for feints because i think ive been neglecting it a little

DA1CATAS
03-17-2008, 12:32 PM
if you're going to use the philly shell really try and bring that shoulder high up on your temple. I got good at it by constantly practicing it against less skilled opponents until i was comfortable enough to do it against anyone. On a side note I just loved how in the first round he expected you to start jabbing and u nailed him with lead left hooks. Also don't forget to feint cause i know for me once im really focused in an intense sparring session i forget to feint... everything i do feels natural except for feints because i think ive been neglecting it a little

yea mna... i dont feint enough... im going to start working it into my shadow boxing alot... because I never do it consistently

lukeybg
03-17-2008, 02:11 PM
in round 2 that heavyweight was ****in awful. he punched him self out in literally 15 seconds then his punches looked shockingly weak after that. Dunno if he hurt you round two at the start but after that he wasnt throwin hard punches and he was wide open but you didnt seem to pick him off!!

DA1CATAS
03-17-2008, 02:29 PM
in round 2 that heavyweight was ****in awful. he punched him self out in literally 15 seconds then his punches looked shockingly weak after that. Dunno if he hurt you round two at the start but after that he wasnt throwin hard punches and he was wide open but you didnt seem to pick him off!!

he threw about 20+ punches until that flurry ended... some of them landed but only 1-2 of them hurt...just cause of the power.

Yea i regrouped and i knew he punched himself out... Thats why I turned it up in the 3rd round.. hitting him with hooks and 3-2 combos.. ...

he reacted in the 3rd round just like i thought.. too tired to block and too slow pulling his hands back making it easy to hit him with counter shots and move.

Thanx for the advice though... i'll try to get back inshape and get my stamina back.. 2 months off has really drained my energy more than i thought it would have. over estimated my fitness i guess.

msagrain
03-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Why switch him? He wasn't hurting me,.. i was throwing his best punches.. and losing alot of energy...

Thats why as you will see.. the 3rd round was so easy for me.. he was DEAD tired.

Rope a dop actually worked for me this one time.

some judges like to see it in a fight, shows you know what your doing. also get him in the corner a see if he can take it.

Deeznuts
03-17-2008, 03:37 PM
If I was an amateur judge...........I would say you won the fight. U took his punches well for him being a HW and all. Good job homie

Onslow.
03-17-2008, 05:46 PM
You look good Da1. I'd like to spar with you, i reckon i could give you some grief - i reckon you could give me some too.

msagrain
03-17-2008, 06:16 PM
You look good Da1. I'd like to spar with you, i reckon i could give you some grief - i reckon you could give me some too.

i'd be to heavy. lol

whats your weight n height da1

2swell k-wells
03-17-2008, 06:19 PM
hey da1...is there a round 4?

DA1CATAS
03-17-2008, 07:27 PM
hey da1...is there a round 4?

Yes... thats the round will i get hit and stumble into the corner at the end...

Landing hooks the whole time and then the last 20 seconds are just horrible after i get caught in the top of my head at like 2:45... like where your soft spot is when your a baby.

pretty much over after that.. he just walks around the ring with his ahnds down growling.. and i land a few jabs but they have no power.. i was just trynna keep him off..

then he grabs my neck... puts my head down and then just hooks me and they stop it right b4 the bell rings because he couldn't control himself.

So i take a good street thrashing for about the last 25 secs when he dazes me.

honestly... I dont feel liek putting it up... If it would have happened in the first round I wouldnt have had a choice... but since its the last im weary of this sparring match. Well the Rendering and loading it up to youtube part to be exact..

Plzz don't BS and say i dont wanna put it up because of the last 20 secs... because i took a good beating in the second and that was loaded up by me pretty quickly after the first.

since i started thinking about it maybe i'll load it to my computer later if ya really wanna see me dazed lol.

DA1CATAS
03-17-2008, 07:31 PM
i'd be to heavy. lol

I'm deciding to move up to 178 from 165.

But I'm like 172 and 6 foot.

DA1CATAS
03-17-2008, 07:32 PM
i'd be to heavy. lol

LLOL no more heavies...

My neck was sore last week for like 3-4 days.

lukeybg
03-18-2008, 01:37 PM
i mite sound really stupid here but where is round 3?????

DA1CATAS
03-18-2008, 02:28 PM
just check the first post... thread starting post.. round 3 is there.