View Full Version : Vitamins and or Supplements

Derranged
03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Should one take vitamins/supplements to help with energy and what not? And if so, what kind should be taken?

DutchDynamite
03-11-2008, 09:50 PM
when you do intense workout many times a week you need to take additional vitamins besides eating healthy of course.

i take daily multi vitamin and extra 500 mg vit C

i checked several training forums including body building and they all said the same thing, you need to up your vitamins and especially C because of the intense blow your body gets every training. Eating more fruit will not be enough, you need to take vit pills

cheers

2swell k-wells
03-12-2008, 01:30 AM
when you do intense workout many times a week you need to take additional vitamins besides eating healthy of course.

i take daily multi vitamin and extra 500 mg vit C

i checked several training forums including body building and they all said the same thing, you need to up your vitamins and especially C because of the intense blow your body gets every training. Eating more fruit will not be enough, you need to take vit pills

cheers

would flinstones vitamins be good enough?

DutchDynamite
03-12-2008, 09:15 AM
would flinstones vitamins be good enough?

yes i checked my sons flinstones vitamins and yeah they are good for adults to

Domain
03-14-2008, 01:52 AM
the most important if you buy supps are omega 3 oils like fish oil pills, multi vitamin, vitamin C, B complex vitamin, amino acids powders, whey protien powders.

those are the staples for me the important stuff in my opinion.

Crazylegs77
03-14-2008, 01:58 AM
B complex assists with energy

n4kapa
03-14-2008, 02:00 AM
I read an article once that said you should take a multi-vitamin that is fiber based. Anyone know how to tell or where to locate a fiber base multi-vitamin?

Detroit101
03-14-2008, 08:31 AM
The best multi-vitamin in the world is....ANIMAL PAK......I am 100% positive....

These little fu#@ers have more antioxidants than a 3 oz glass of wheat grass in each serving.....they will give you constant and sustained energy throughout the day....the amino blend is also quite ridiculous.....

Please, I dare any person to prove me wrong....

Go to www.discountanabolics.com and check out animal pak....they are normally like $36 for 44 paks....on this site you can get them for like $20....

Domain
03-15-2008, 01:15 AM
The best multi-vitamin in the world is....ANIMAL PAK......I am 100% positive....

These little fu#@ers have more antioxidants than a 3 oz glass of wheat grass in each serving.....they will give you constant and sustained energy throughout the day....the amino blend is also quite ridiculous.....

Please, I dare any person to prove me wrong....

Go to www.discountanabolics.com and check out animal pak....they are normally like $36 for 44 paks....on this site you can get them for like $20....

man those aint worth it unless you are a hardcore athlete bodybuilder.

if your just an average guy you dont need tha **** lol those are like horse pills too.

http://www.building-muscle-101.com/images/animal-pak-tabs.png
http://bp3.blogger.com/_6Cqm6zb-MAI/RqkGzVNbgaI/AAAAAAAAAV0/szA_qKSO1QI/s1600-h/Animal+Pak.jpg

giantsbran1227
03-15-2008, 01:29 AM
Take Goji Juice. It honestly is the best type of vitamin that you can take.

www.freelife.com

Kayo
03-15-2008, 01:32 AM
Right now im taking a multi-vitamin, Super Acidophillus, Black Walnut, Oxy and Glutamine.

MentalExecution
03-15-2008, 01:54 AM
This is what I use, works so far

http://www.terepharmacy.com/main/equipoise.htm

Derranged
10-01-2008, 02:13 PM
Is it safe to take extra Vitamin C and B if you already take Multivitamins that have these things in them?

Detroit101
10-01-2008, 10:06 PM
Is it safe to take extra Vitamin C and B if you already take Multivitamins that have these things in them?

dude.....why are you reading posts from march????

yes its safe to take a little extra v-C and B if you are training hard....but remember this, taking C or B alone will not help the body if you arent eating properly or taking a vitamin as well.......The body will not absorb say B-12 by without having adequate amounts of vitamin C or A.....If the body is missing vitamin A or C it cannot process other vitamins since it is deficient.....thats why you need to take a multi as well.....

_LOAD_THE_LEFT_
10-02-2008, 12:34 AM
I recommend starting with a good lean protien, multi vitamin and omega 3 for starter's...

i also use joint soother's and if i had the cash, i'd buy the vitamin pack's. i heard they work well. (GNC brand)

Derranged
10-04-2008, 08:57 AM
dude.....why are you reading posts from march????

yes its safe to take a little extra v-C and B if you are training hard....but remember this, taking C or B alone will not help the body if you arent eating properly or taking a vitamin as well.......The body will not absorb say B-12 by without having adequate amounts of vitamin C or A.....If the body is missing vitamin A or C it cannot process other vitamins since it is deficient.....thats why you need to take a multi as well.....

I made the thread chief...

Thanks for the advice.... I just wanna boost energy "naturally" instead of taking quick fixes..

ironmike2008
10-04-2008, 10:05 AM
I made the thread chief...

Thanks for the advice.... I just wanna boost energy "naturally" instead of taking quick fixes..

Usually have a fry-up before a fight, I don't mess with supplements, they will impair ur performance. Try to eat heavily fried foods before training or matches to increase your metabolism.

Alexis Vastine
10-05-2008, 02:44 AM
Eating more fruit and veg will do the trick and will alsdo help you blow torch the bodyfat off. Go for 70% greens and the rest seafood, just like a Premiership footballer.

if you insist on vits, ZMA works.