View Full Version : Grant, Title or Ringside Bag Gloves?

Unanimous
03-07-2008, 11:32 AM
Okay guys,

Yes, I know, ANOTHER one of my bag glove threads! But, it's a big decision for me seeing as it's going to cost me around £50-£60. I don't have cash to flash! Basically, I've bitten the bullet and realised I'm going to have to ship in my gloves from the U.S. because the UK stores don't stock the gloves I'm after.

So, I've narrowed my choices to these bad boys:

Ringside IMF Tech Bag Gloves
http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25499

Campeón Super Bag Gloves
http://www.grantboxing.com/detail.aspx?ID=22634

Title Gel World Bag Gloves
http://store.titleboxing.com/titleboxing-gel-world-bag-gloves.html

I'm really at odds with myself because they all look good to me and seem to be what I'm after but I just can't choose between them.

So, what I want to ask is, which of these gloves do you guys reckon are the best for bag work and offer the best protection?

Also, my fist circumference is just under 11 inches, what size does that make me - small or medium?

Sorry for all the questions but as I said, this is a big decision for me!

Any help, much appreciated. Cheers guys.

FIGHTING_FLIP
03-09-2008, 03:18 AM
ringside imf tech gloves are the ****..never tried the rest of them

boxing4ever
03-09-2008, 04:09 AM
For bags I would say the gel titles, as i hear nothing but good about them

Unanimous
03-09-2008, 06:38 AM
For bags I would say the gel titles, as i hear nothing but good about them

Yep, I've decided on the Title Gel's. Gonna cost me almost as much as the gloves for postage but I just know it's gonna be worth it.

Bombz
03-10-2008, 01:09 PM
I've just ordered the Grant Super bag Gloves from Ringside (via web chat - excellent service), 2 pairs of Gel wraps & a tee-shirt, about ***163;20 shipping via 3-7 business day UPS (which I don't think is bad).

I'll let you know if the service is as advertised (ordered IMF Tech gloves in early 2007 and is was good then) and how the gloves work out.

Unanimous
03-11-2008, 06:33 AM
Bombz, I've also spent ***163;20 on p&p, well ***163;21 to be exact! And the gloves (Title Gel's) are only costing ***163;30!! But, I've been given an estimated delivery of anywhere between March 25th & April 9th!

Still can't understand why the UK aren't stocking these bad boys!

ian-jason
03-11-2008, 04:04 PM
I want to order the ringside imf tech bag gloves, and read a lot of guys saying it has a very snug fit,...well ,..how do you messure your hands to determine the glove size?
Is it the with of the hands?
And then again,...i like to use 180 style wraps, and my hands are not big, should i order the imf bag gloves in regular or large, 'cause they both have a snug fit?:boxing:

UncleLeo
03-11-2008, 04:19 PM
I want to order the ringside imf tech bag gloves, and read a lot of guys saying it has a very snug fit,...well ,..how do you messure your hands to determine the glove size?
Is it the with of the hands?
And then again,...i like to use 180 style wraps, and my hands are not big, should i order the imf bag gloves in regular or large, 'cause they both have a snug fit?:boxing:

Im lookin to get these too since I want the 14oz. Whats your height/weight? Im 5'11 155 and dont have the biggest hands, so I am pretty sure I am a medium.

THE REED™
03-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Title Gels, Used em last night again... feels like a gel filled cotton pillow on the inside

rj_ct
03-11-2008, 08:17 PM
i've heard negative things about the longevity of of the title gel gloves. just something to think about if you're short on cash.

all those companies you listed make great products. you'll probably be happy with any of those 3.

DutchDynamite
03-11-2008, 09:34 PM
Im lookin to get these too since I want the 14oz. Whats your height/weight? Im 5'11 155 and dont have the biggest hands, so I am pretty sure I am a medium.

that "problem" is playing with me too, what size to get?!? my hands are also not big but i think with the raps i think large is still safer. I really need new gloves because my right hand is hurting already. I am buying a pair of everlast today since i can just get them from the sports shop around here, then i order the tittle gloves from the net. Yep spoiling myself

DutchDynamite
03-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Yep, I've decided on the Title Gel's. Gonna cost me almost as much as the gloves for postage but I just know it's gonna be worth it.

good on ya mate! i checked and i see they have 3 sizes of gloves, oh man how did you choose what size to get? any others here, please tell us what size you got and is it working for you?

thanks

UncleLeo
03-11-2008, 10:14 PM
that "problem" is playing with me too, what size to get?!? my hands are also not big but i think with the raps i think large is still safer. I really need new gloves because my right hand is hurting already. I am buying a pair of everlast today since i can just get them from the sports shop around here, then i order the tittle gloves from the net. Yep spoiling myself

Your hand is hurting from your gloves being too tight? Why are you going to waste money on those crap synthetic leather everlast gloves?

Unanimous
03-12-2008, 06:33 AM
i've heard negative things about the longevity of of the title gel gloves. just something to think about if you're short on cash.

all those companies you listed make great products. you'll probably be happy with any of those 3.

Damn! I've already ordered the Title Gel's! Hope they last long enough, money gettin tight in the UK. Well, as I only excercise at home and only get roughly 30 mins on it a day I think longevity won't be an issue...unless I get my stamina in check and join the local gym.

good on ya mate! i checked and i see they have 3 sizes of gloves, oh man how did you choose what size to get? any others here, please tell us what size you got and is it working for you?

I asked Reedickyalusss about sizing and he suggested a large. Once the wraps are on it'll be a snug fit. I've not received them yet so can't tell you how they are, estimated delivery time is anywhere between March 26th and April 9th. If you want to read the thread which made me interested in these gloves, here it is:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=167325&highlight=Title+Glove

Bombz
03-12-2008, 12:36 PM
Ordered this week and using UPS tracking number ringside emailed, the shipment is in the UK today, for delivery tomorrow (gonna be some Customer duty to pay as well I think, expecting about ***163;10).

EAST MIDLANDS AIRPOR,
GB 03/12/2008 2:25 P.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / SHIPMENT SUBMITTED TO CLEARING AGENCY
03/12/2008 2:25 P.M. REGISTERED WITH CLEARING AGENCY / RELEASED BY CLR AGENCY. NOW IN-TRANSIT
PHILADELPHIA,
PA, US 03/12/2008 8:13 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
03/12/2008 4:47 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LOUISVILLE,
KY, US 03/12/2008 3:23 A.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
KANSAS CITY,
MO, US 03/11/2008 9:20 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
LENEXA,
KS, US 03/11/2008 8:58 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
03/11/2008 8:36 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
03/11/2008 6:58 P.M. PICKUP SCAN

I think that's good service from the states.

Sin City
03-12-2008, 12:57 PM
I'd go with grant. They are known for their padding and protection.. they will also last you.

Gio
03-12-2008, 02:54 PM
If money were no problem, what bag gloves and sparring gloves would you guys choose?

ippo
03-12-2008, 06:11 PM
I use ringside imf tech 16oz bag gloves, a lot better than the ringside 12oz bag gloves.They fit a lot better on my hands also like the 16oz weight, also attached thumb.It overall fits better then the normal ringside bag gloves.

ian-jason
03-12-2008, 07:06 PM
I use ringside imf tech 16oz bag gloves, a lot better than the ringside 12oz bag gloves.They fit a lot better on my hands also like the 16oz weight, also attached thumb.It overall fits better then the normal ringside bag gloves.

IMF Bag gloves are 140z!:boxing:

SugarShanep4p
03-12-2008, 07:26 PM
Go with Grant, Grant everything is good. I use their campeon training gloves, and shoes, both products are great. Their stuff is probally some of the best on the market and is made to last.

robjr
03-12-2008, 08:33 PM
all sound good... I use winning tho

skilgannon
03-13-2008, 05:19 AM
are grants really known for their padding and protection?

Bombz
03-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Go with Grant, Grant everything is good. I use their campeon training gloves, and shoes, both products are great. Their stuff is probally some of the best on the market and is made to last.

The Grant gloves that I ordered have arrived this morning as promised. Overall it is a bit expensive (price of the goods is about 50% of the dollar list in GBP, but you do then get stung on shipping from the seller, import duty in the UK and a bit more shipping from UPS in the UK - not sure how they think you should be billed twice for the same delivery!!!).

I've just taken the gloves out of the box and the first thing that's noticeable is how strong the smell of leather is. Not surprising as they are leather but I don't ever remember any other gloves smelling so strong - maybe how they treat them, I don't know.

Next thing worth mentioning is that the the wrap around strap is very sturdy and has velcro (hook & loop) along most of it's length. When it's fastened it feels very supporting on the forearm.

The gloves themselves do look and feel quite small (I ordered a large and I'm glad I did). I've got a pair of IMF tech gloves and they are much roomier. I think (until the leather gives a little) that these will be very snug with wraps on. They are not difficult to make a fist in at all.

The last thing that I've noticed is that the padding (especially when compared to the IMF gloves) is much thinner and quite firm. The IMF gloves might offer more protection, but I can imagine that you'd "feel" what your doing in the Grant gloves much better - time will tell.

I'll be using them tonight for about 8 rounds of bag work, so I'll let you know how they work out.

They definitely feel like a premium product.

Unanimous
03-13-2008, 07:06 AM
The Grant gloves that I ordered have arrived this morning as promised. Overall it is a bit expensive (price of the goods is about 50% of the dollar list in GBP, but you do then get stung on shipping from the seller, import duty in the UK and a bit more shipping from UPS in the UK - not sure how they think you should be billed twice for the same delivery!!!)

Man, that sucks!!! So, how much did you pay overall for shipping then? When I made my order for the Title Gel’s through Amazon I got charged about £21!

Bombz
03-13-2008, 07:27 AM
It's ended up at ***163;20 with the order, ***163;10 duty, ***163;9 UPS UK charge. I spent $200 with ringside (gloves, 2 lots of gel wraps and a Reyes t-shirt), so I'm looking at about ***163;140 all in (I think, if my maths and currency conversion is right!).

I don't mind the total cost if I'm honest for what I've got and I think the service was excellent (it would have really p!!ssed me off if it wasn't), but I think the overall shipping cost (US UPS, UK Customs, UK UPS should be made clearer).

No problem I'll take it out on the bag tonight!!!

Unanimous
03-13-2008, 09:53 AM
It's ended up at £20 with the order, £10 duty, £9 UPS UK charge.........I think the overall shipping cost (US UPS, UK Customs, UK UPS should be made clearer)

:tapedshut

So, would I be right in thinking that when my gloves arrive I'm going to be hit with £10 duty charge and £9 delivery company charge on top of the £21 I've already paid for postage?

If that's true, my bag is gonna take one helluva beating and may end being punched out of the window in my room!!

Bombz
03-13-2008, 10:02 AM
Something like that I think, which may or may not be a problem money-wise, but what gets me is that it isn't made clear up front.

Even with the cost, I think (because we get so ripped off in the UK) we've both got what we wanted at a relatively ok price (and good quality gear at that), stuff which you can't buy in the UK.

I think you've mentioned it before, but for brands like Grant, Ringside, Title (Gel) there does seem to be an opportunity in this country. Boxing and boxing equipment is big business in the UK and top-notch stuff would sell well I reckon.

Unanimous
03-13-2008, 10:16 AM
Oh man, now I'm jacked!!!! I don't have a lot of money, and this is seriously pissing me off!!! Had I known this beforehand I would have held off the purchase til I had more readies. Oh well, ****'s done now eh?!!

Bombz
03-13-2008, 11:22 AM
Suppose so. Good luck with the new gloves!

Unanimous
03-13-2008, 12:34 PM
Well, never guess what? My Title Gel's arrived today! BUT, I had to pay ***163;20.25 on delivery for UPS and Customs & Excise duty - not very happy with that at all. I'm at work just now but I can't wait to get my new gloves on and vent my fury on my bag when I get home. The thing which is pissing me off is that I ordered these through Amazon and I didn't see any warnings about having to pay EVEN MORE MONEY!!!!

So, in total my Title Gel's cost me ***163;71.25 (approx $142.50) and the gloves only cost $59.99! Yup, well and truly shafted. Why oh why does the UK not stock any of this stuff!

Bombz
03-13-2008, 12:49 PM
***163;71.25 very well spent though!!!

Happy days.

Unanimous
03-13-2008, 01:31 PM
Yeah, I know you're right. But I'm from the north of Scotland and we're well known for being tight-fisted up there and old habits die hard!!

Not long til I test them out! Come on!!

Clegg
03-14-2008, 01:12 AM
Hey Unanimous, how are the Title Gels?

Am considering getting the same pair from amazon but am short of cash right now and ***163;70 would stretch me quite a bit. Any reason you picked amazon rather than another US site?

How does the extra money you pay on customs etc. work? You go to the post office and pay the money or something?

Unanimous
03-14-2008, 04:59 AM
Hey Unanimous, how are the Title Gels?

Am considering getting the same pair from amazon but am short of cash right now and £70 would stretch me quite a bit. Any reason you picked amazon rather than another US site?

How does the extra money you pay on customs etc. work? You go to the post office and pay the money or something?

Hi Clegg,

The Title Gel's are awesome! Still unhappy at the cost of delivery & import taxes but hey, it's done now and no use crying over it!!

I picked Amazon simply because I already had a credit card account set up with them.

With regards the extra money, when UPS delivered the gloves they said there was cash on delivery to be paid. This was the cost of the import tax as well as delivery from Heathrow to Edinburgh. Not sure how it would have worked if I wasn't here or didn't have the money to pay.

Full review will be forthcoming. I got in late last night after going to a friends to watch the football, so I just did a quick shadow box session when I got home. The gloves are huge but a very snug fit. I'll be giving them (and me!) a full workout over the weekend and will post a review.

PeekaBooPooch
03-14-2008, 05:10 AM
Hi Clegg,

The Title Gel's are awesome! Still unhappy at the cost of delivery & import taxes but hey, it's done now and no use crying over it!!

I picked Amazon simply because I already had a credit card account set up with them.

With regards the extra money, when UPS delivered the gloves they said there was cash on delivery to be paid. This was the cost of the import tax as well as delivery from Heathrow to Edinburgh. Not sure how it would have worked if I wasn't here or didn't have the money to pay.

Full review will be forthcoming. I got in late last night after going to a friends to watch the football, so I just did a quick shadow box session when I got home. The gloves are huge but a very snug fit. I'll be giving them (and me!) a full workout over the weekend and will post a review.
Look forward to your review on the gels!

Bombz
03-14-2008, 12:22 PM
I used the Grant gloves last night and did eight 2mins rounds on my heavy bag.

What I've found is very interesting, but when you think of it, obvious really.

In the last 3 years I've used 3 pairs of bag gloves including the new Grant ones last night. They are Rival - RB20 Elite bag gloves, Ringside - IMF Tech gloves and the Grant super power bag gloves.

We see loads of posts on this forum about "which gloves are best" when the real question is probably "which gloves are best for me" and that's were the trouble starts.

There are lots of folk on here with experience of the gloves, but that experience only applies to their own use of the gloves. Some things like quality of finish, amount of padding can be commented on generally, but how "good" the gloves are is really a personal choice and I think wearing my new Grant gloves last night really drilled that home.

I like all three of the pairs of gloves that I use, but I like them in different ways. I like the Rival gloves the least (these are 14oz gloves) as they feel a little too wide in terms of the fit and the only way I find I can use them properly is by wearing a pair of Lonsdale Evergel undergloves to fill the extra width.

Before yesterday and especially when I wanted to do a big session I'd wear the IMF gloves with normal handwraps. These gloves fit me well, have excellent (best I've ever seen) knuckle padding/protection, good wrist support and are easy to get on and off (d-ring and hook and loop). Basically I've been able to hit the bag long and hard with no hand damage. They (please correct me if I'm wrong) are also 14oz gloves and whilst they do feel bigger then the Rival gloves never felt too big or cumbersome. The only thing that I've noticed lately is that they are made from quite supple leather, which no doubt helps with fit and comfort, does allow the glove to "move" (the leather can feel like it ripples a little bit when you throw straight punches).

Last night when I wore the Grants, several things struck me, none of them bad as such, but they're the kinds of things that illustrate exactly the differences between gloves.

The finish on them is very shiny, it looks really good, but when you've been using them a while and your sweating they get wet, the bag gets wet and it is easier to slip one against the other (for comparison the IMF gloves have a matt finish and this isn't really an issue). I also got black dye from them on my face etc during this first use.

Also, the leather is quite thick or at least it feels that way, its high quality and probably so because they want the additional durability, but there is definitely no IMF equivalent ripple type effect going on. This also enhances the wrist support, which feels very good.

These gloves are also 14oz (web site says 12oz, but the glove has an internal tag saying 14, which I assume means weight - they are a large size, not regular), but feel much smaller than the IMF glove and seem to have the weight more evenly distributed throughout the entire glove. In the IMF glove a lot of the bulk is to the front and top of the glove where the padding is and when I put the IMF gloves on after wearing the Grant gloves they felt massive and a bit ponderous. Not something I'd have thought of before but when doing a direct comparison this is quite apparent.

The Grant gloves have a different kind of padding, much thinner, less responsive (don't "bounce" back when hitting the bag) and a "flatter" face than the IMF gloves. More of the glove hits the bag when jabbing for example and overall I get a very different feel from them. The glove feels "quicker" in use, much lighter than the IMF glove, but in its own way supportive and providing good protection (I wore ringside gel wraps underneath - they just about fit!).

In addition the Grant glove feels a much tighter fit on me, still comfortable, but with absolutely no movement.

The point of all of the above, in my opinion, is that gloves are different and you get something quite different with each brand. With the 3 pairs I have, none of them are bad and some are better at certain things than others, but all of them are acceptable - you wouldn't be unhappy with any of them if you'd not tried any others - but I'm beginning to form a personal preference around the IMF for ultimate protection and the Gran gloves for feel and speed (it'll be interesting to see if that remains the same as they break in, if/when the leather softens a little and allows the shape to relax a bit).

Personally I'd recommend both the IMF gloves and the Grant gloves (be aware that the internal finish of the Grant gloves is "rougher" literally than the Ringside gloves, no soft or silky liner here) to anyone for use on a punch bag and I think that the Grant gloves would be very good also on mitts, not sure that the same is true of the IMF for that purpose.

If anyone was considering buying the Rival gloves I'd recommend the 12oz as I found the 14oz too big (unless you're got larger or very wide hands).

Just my onion based on my (limited) experience so far, but thought it worth sharing.

I'll be using the Grants again tonight, if anything changes radically I'll update this thread.

PeekaBooPooch
03-14-2008, 02:25 PM
I used the Grant gloves last night and did eight 2mins rounds on my heavy bag.

What I've found is very interesting, but when you think of it, obvious really.

In the last 3 years I've used 3 pairs of bag gloves including the new Grant ones last night. They are Rival - RB20 Elite bag gloves, Ringside - IMF Tech gloves and the Grant super power bag gloves.

We see loads of posts on this forum about "which gloves are best" when the real question is probably "which gloves are best for me" and that's were the trouble starts.

There are lots of folk on here with experience of the gloves, but that experience only applies to their own use of the gloves. Some things like quality of finish, amount of padding can be commented on generally, but how "good" the gloves are is really a personal choice and I think wearing my new Grant gloves last night really drilled that home.

I like all three of the pairs of gloves that I use, but I like them in different ways. I like the Rival gloves the least (these are 14oz gloves) as they feel a little too wide in terms of the fit and the only way I find I can use them properly is by wearing a pair of Lonsdale Evergel undergloves to fill the extra width.

Before yesterday and especially when I wanted to do a big session I'd wear the IMF gloves with normal handwraps. These gloves fit me well, have excellent (best I've ever seen) knuckle padding/protection, good wrist support and are easy to get on and off (d-ring and hook and loop). Basically I've been able to hit the bag long and hard with no hand damage. They (please correct me if I'm wrong) are also 14oz gloves and whilst they do feel bigger then the Rival gloves never felt too big or cumbersome. The only thing that I've noticed lately is that they are made from quite supple leather, which no doubt helps with fit and comfort, does allow the glove to "move" (the leather can feel like it ripples a little bit when you throw straight punches).

Last night when I wore the Grants, several things struck me, none of them bad as such, but they're the kinds of things that illustrate exactly the differences between gloves.

The finish on them is very shiny, it looks really good, but when you've been using them a while and your sweating they get wet, the bag gets wet and it is easier to slip one against the other (for comparison the IMF gloves have a matt finish and this isn't really an issue). I also got black dye from them on my face etc during this first use.

Also, the leather is quite thick or at least it feels that way, its high quality and probably so because they want the additional durability, but there is definitely no IMF equivalent ripple type effect going on. This also enhances the wrist support, which feels very good.

These gloves are also 14oz (web site says 12oz, but the glove has an internal tag saying 14, which I assume means weight - they are a large size, not regular), but feel much smaller than the IMF glove and seem to have the weight more evenly distributed throughout the entire glove. In the IMF glove a lot of the bulk is to the front and top of the glove where the padding is and when I put the IMF gloves on after wearing the Grant gloves they felt massive and a bit ponderous. Not something I'd have thought of before but when doing a direct comparison this is quite apparent.

The Grant gloves have a different kind of padding, much thinner, less responsive (don't "bounce" back when hitting the bag) and a "flatter" face than the IMF gloves. More of the glove hits the bag when jabbing for example and overall I get a very different feel from them. The glove feels "quicker" in use, much lighter than the IMF glove, but in its own way supportive and providing good protection (I wore ringside gel wraps underneath - they just about fit!).

In addition the Grant glove feels a much tighter fit on me, still comfortable, but with absolutely no movement.

The point of all of the above, in my opinion, is that gloves are different and you get something quite different with each brand. With the 3 pairs I have, none of them are bad and some are better at certain things than others, but all of them are acceptable - you wouldn't be unhappy with any of them if you'd not tried any others - but I'm beginning to form a personal preference around the IMF for ultimate protection and the Gran gloves for feel and speed (it'll be interesting to see if that remains the same as they break in, if/when the leather softens a little and allows the shape to relax a bit).

Personally I'd recommend both the IMF gloves and the Grant gloves (be aware that the internal finish of the Grant gloves is "rougher" literally than the Ringside gloves, no soft or silky liner here) to anyone for use on a punch bag and I think that the Grant gloves would be very good also on mitts, not sure that the same is true of the IMF for that purpose.

If anyone was considering buying the Rival gloves I'd recommend the 12oz as I found the 14oz too big (unless you're got larger or very wide hands).

Just my onion based on my (limited) experience so far, but thought it worth sharing.

I'll be using the Grants again tonight, if anything changes radically I'll update this thread.

Thanx a lot man, that is good info for anyone who's thinking about buying some new bag gloves!:) Really clear and helpfull ,..and yes , it's personal wich gloves you prefer , and how you said it , you cant go wrong with the three brands you named!

Very usefull!!:kiss: :boxing:

eneyman
03-16-2008, 09:57 PM
For the Grant Campeon Super bag gloves, would I need a regular or a large size? I am 5'11 168 pounds, normal size hands I would say.. Also, how are your grants holding up after several uses? Is the surface material still solid and no signs of tearing or anything anywhere?

thanks

Bombz
03-17-2008, 12:53 PM
I'd get a large size. I have and they are "snug" - not tight, but I think that the regular would be too small (certainly for me).

The gloves are holding up well and feel like they'll only get better with time to be honest.

eneyman
03-17-2008, 01:31 PM
how big are you Bombz?? I am 5'11 168 pounds, normal size hands to give you an idea

Unanimous
03-18-2008, 06:08 AM
If it's any help, my hands are 11cm round the knuckles when clenched and I needed a large. Mind you, I was using Title's but I don't suppose the sizing between brands is that different.

eneyman
03-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Across my knuckles I get about 9cm.. do you think I should get a regular if I go for the grant campeon super bag gloves?

n4kapa
03-19-2008, 02:09 AM
I got my IMF tech gloves in the mail yesterday... They are very light feeling for a 16 oz. glove and the hand compartment feels very tight. Overall I think its an awesome gloves with alot of protection. I dnt think its possible to hurt your hands with these things on. The guy at ringside told me that the gloves break in...

anyone out there own a pair of these? does the foam really have to break in?

PeekaBooPooch
03-19-2008, 05:44 PM
Just got the IMF BAG gloves from Ringside , two days ago....

Man ,..this is really a good bag glove,...well padded, but enough feel, and good wrist support!

Gloves look good too!

I just tried a pair of title gel Bag gloves and they are good too, but less wrist support , and they dont fit that smooth so, ...but they are from a buddyu of mine...I'm very glad with the IMF BAG gloves !!!

I got the large size , and with classic ringside handwraps ( 180') , they have a snug but not too small fit!
I dont have big hands at all!!!

By the way ,..Ordered the gloves and other stuff and got it in 6days in The Netherlands!!!
People at Everlast, the customer service ,...SUCK !

RINGSIDE is Great stuff !!!
Two words,...REALLY GOOD!!!:boxing:

Oh yeah, ...**** EVERLAST!!!!

PeekaBooPooch
03-19-2008, 05:48 PM
Just got the IMF BAG gloves from Ringside , two days ago....

Man ,..this is really a good bag glove,...well padded, but enough feel, and good wrist support!

Gloves look good too!

I just tried a pair of title gel Bag gloves and they are good too, but less wrist support , and they dont fit that smooth so, ...but they are from a buddyu of mine...I'm very glad with the IMF BAG gloves !!!

I got the large size , and with classic ringside handwraps ( 180') , they have a snug but not too small fit!
I dont have big hands at all!!!

By the way ,..Ordered the gloves and other stuff and got it in 6days in The Netherlands!!!
People at Everlast, the customer service ,...SUCK !

RINGSIDE is Great stuff !!!
Two words,...REALLY GOOD!!!:boxing:

Oh yeah, ...**** EVERLAST!!!!

It feels really good to get that off my chest!!

eneyman
03-19-2008, 07:52 PM
Okay guys, I just got back from trying on some Adidas gloves at sports authority and they make one model that is sooo comfortable, its called Adidas Response Boxing glove, black with red palm. Anyways, they have this little fabric that connects the thumb to the glove and it has a good feel. Do the Grant Campeon super bag gloves have that connecting fabric between thumb and glove and are they as comfortable as adidas gloves if anyone has tried them??

thanks

Clegg
03-19-2008, 08:08 PM
Okay guys, I just got back from trying on some Adidas gloves at sports authority and they make one model that is sooo comfortable, its called Adidas Response Boxing glove, black with red palm. Anyways, they have this little fabric that connects the thumb to the glove and it has a good feel. Do the Grant Campeon super bag gloves have that connecting fabric between thumb and glove and are they as comfortable as adidas gloves if anyone has tried them??

thanks

I just had a quick search online and they only seem to be available in 8oz and 10oz. That doesn't sound like it gives adequate protection?

eneyman
03-19-2008, 09:14 PM
the ones I tried at sports authority were 12oz, but they were called Adidas response boxing gloves, not bag gloves.. I really liked them though

Bombz
03-20-2008, 07:33 AM
The Grant Super Power bag gloves are the bomb!

Unanimous
03-20-2008, 07:45 AM
Nope, the Title Gel Bag Gloves are the dogs danglies!

J_CON
03-20-2008, 05:21 PM
I'm a fan of the Everlast Pro-Training gloves. They are somewhat expensive but definately worth it.

http://store.titleboxing.com/titleboxing-everlast-velcro-trainig-gloves.html

eneyman
03-21-2008, 04:48 PM
I contacted ringside about whether I need a regular or large in Grant Campeon super bag glove and they say im borderline, at 5'11 165 pounds normal hands.. what do you guys think who have this glove, do I need regular or large, I will wear handwraps.

Clegg
03-21-2008, 05:03 PM
My joints have been less than perfect for a few years now and my old cheap gloves weren't offering much protection, meaning I was getting sore and having to restrict myself to only one gym visit per week.

After reading through this thread and giving it some thought I decided to order the Title Gels. It's absurb that no one in the UK stocks these or any of the other high quality gloves mentioned here. I ordered Monday morning and they were delivered Thursday morning. The total cost (***163;70+) is annoying but the quick delivery is good.

Just got back from the gym after my first time using them.

I got large. At first they seemed a bit too big but once I started on the punch bag they felt fine. I only had about 10 rounds on the bags because I was mainly sparring today but my hands feel fine and I would recommend these gloves to anyone as they offer protection and comfort.

PeekaBooPooch
03-21-2008, 06:01 PM
I contacted ringside about whether I need a regular or large in Grant Campeon super bag glove and they say im borderline, at 5'11 168 pounds normal hands.. what do you guys think who have this glove, do I need regular or large, I will wear handwraps.

I dont have large hands , and i got the ringside imf tech BAG gloves , and ALWAYS use handwraps, normal or mexican style (both 180) and i got the large size glove, and they fit just right, not too small but comfy tight!

PeekaBooPooch
03-21-2008, 06:03 PM
I'm a fan of the Everlast Pro-Training gloves. They are somewhat expensive but definately worth it.

http://store.titleboxing.com/titleboxing-everlast-velcro-trainig-gloves.html

they are good !

it's one of the few items from them , that i'm satified with, as for the rest of all my boxing gear ,..Ringside!

eneyman
03-21-2008, 07:27 PM
jesus, some people are telling me get large, Ringside guy said get a regular.. I don't know what to do because regular is backordered and large is still in stock but I don't know if it's right

Bombz
03-22-2008, 06:24 AM
I've got both pairs of gloves that you're interested in, both are in large.

The Ringside are definitely a little roomier, but not much. For example I can fit a pair of Everlast gel undergloves under the IMF techs, but not when wearing the Grants, when I just use wraps. It's only a little difference, but that possibly explains it better?

The Grants feel more durable, not cos the Ringsides don't, but just that the leather feels "thicker" and that it will take longer to break in but ultimately last longer.

Both are great gloves, I bought the Ringside first and didn't buy the Grants cos I was unhappy with them, only cos I wanted a second pair of gloves.

They are different gloves at the end of the day. Ringside = bigger & more protection, Grants = tighter fit, slightly less protection, but "feel" much faster. For example I don't think that you'd wear the IMF gloves on the pads, but you could use the Grants for that.

I don't think that you'd be disapointed with either for bag work.

PeekaBooPooch
03-22-2008, 07:12 AM
jesus, some people are telling me get large, Ringside guy said get a regular.. I don't know what to do because regular is backordered and large is still in stock but I don't know if it's right

BELIEVE ME MAN, I DONT GOT LARGE HANDS AT ALL, AND WITH THE 180 WRAPS , IT TAKES A LITTLE SCUFFLE TO GET IN THERE, BUT THEY ARE NOT TOO TIGHT!

I CAN TELL YOU RIGHT NOW, IF I TOOK THE MEDIUM SIZE GLOVES, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN WAY TOO SMALL, EVEN IF I DIDNT USE THE 180 WRAPS , IT WOULD HAVE BEEN TOO SMALL!

eneyman
03-22-2008, 02:20 PM
Peekaboo I am talking about Grant Campeon super bag glove sizes, I never mentioned IMF and you keep going on about them

PeekaBooPooch
03-22-2008, 02:56 PM
Peekaboo I am talking about Grant Campeon super bag glove sizes, I never mentioned IMF and you keep going on about them

K man its cool.

PeekaBooPooch
03-22-2008, 03:03 PM
K man its cool.

Buy them both ,.or wait till they got the medium again!

eneyman
03-22-2008, 05:19 PM
yea I will wait until the regular size is back, I think large is too big and it will cost alot to ship it back

Unanimous
03-25-2008, 04:56 AM
My joints have been less than perfect for a few years now and my old cheap gloves weren't offering much protection, meaning I was getting sore and having to restrict myself to only one gym visit per week.

After reading through this thread and giving it some thought I decided to order the Title Gels. It's absurb that no one in the UK stocks these or any of the other high quality gloves mentioned here. I ordered Monday morning and they were delivered Thursday morning. The total cost (£70+) is annoying but the quick delivery is good.

Just got back from the gym after my first time using them.

I got large. At first they seemed a bit too big but once I started on the punch bag they felt fine. I only had about 10 rounds on the bags because I was mainly sparring today but my hands feel fine and I would recommend these gloves to anyone as they offer protection and comfort.

Agreed. These gloves are the dogs danglies.......GET 'EM!

Bombz
03-25-2008, 05:41 AM
Agreed. These gloves are the dogs danglies.......GET 'EM!

But not as good as Grants!

Unanimous
03-25-2008, 07:24 AM
But not as good as Grants!

Lol! Couldn't possibly say as I haven't tried the Grant gloves.

Ramamaiden
04-02-2008, 01:20 AM
about the imf tech bag gloves.... anyone know how much smaller is the regular size compared to the large???
i have kinda small hands and im 154....i ordered the regular size, but im kinda worried that they are too small.... =P

ricky123
04-08-2008, 01:58 PM
Hi,

Yes, I would also like to order some IMF Tech bag gloves, but am unsure of the size to buy. I am 161 pounds and my knuckles measure 8 inches around with a flat hand. Ramamaiden, have your gloves turned up yet and do they fit? I am going to be wearing mexican long handwraps underneath too. I have emailed ringside a week ago but they haven't replied yet :-(((

Cheers,
Rich

McAlister
04-08-2008, 09:57 PM
Cant go wrong with ringside.... i use to mess with title gear, but now im all ringside

title good for puttin stuff on backorder as well.... ringside is on point when it comes to having ur order and shipping on time...

ricky123
04-17-2008, 03:24 PM
I have ordered some imf tech bag gloves in regular size + mexican hand wraps.

My knuckles measure 8 inches around with a flat hand. Ringside recommend glove sizes by weight, but i have spoken to a guy on another forum who has the same size hands as me (around the knuckles) and he uses mexican hand wraps with the regular size.

I will let you know how I get on when they come!