View Full Version : gloves with the THICKEST padding

SugarShanep4p
03-07-2008, 10:13 AM
Iv got a repeative strain injury in my two forearms and have to return to the gym soon to start training for a fight even with the injury. I was wondering if anyone knew which training gloves have the thickest or most padding. Winnings look pretty padded and iv really got no prob spending $200 if its gonna help me in the long run.

THE REED™
03-07-2008, 10:14 AM
TITLE GEL GLOVES

P4P the best...

buy them at the title boxing website 60 bucks

they have gel padding built into them

Unanimous
03-07-2008, 10:25 AM
Man, you should be chinning Title for a cut in profits. I'm very near ordering a pair on the basis of your review!!! Lol!

THE REED™
03-07-2008, 10:26 AM
Man, you should be chinning Title for a cut in profits. I'm very near ordering a pair on the basis of your review!!! Lol!

hahaa i know i should be...

SugarShanep4p
03-07-2008, 10:27 AM
so winning's padding? any good? I mean from the photo it looks pretty damn padded and they look like they'd be good, id buy the titles but from the photo they dont LOOK as padded....mabye its just me but

THE REED™
03-07-2008, 10:39 AM
so winning's padding? any good? I mean from the photo it looks pretty damn padded and they look like they'd be good, id buy the titles but from the photo they dont LOOK as padded....mabye its just me but

The inside of the glove feels like a pillow, and theres gel that sits in front of your fist on the inside... there padded trust me

boxingsmash69
03-07-2008, 12:42 PM
it's been pretty much confirmed that the Winning gloves offer the most hand protection on this planet, why else would the top pros use them?

but, not everyone is willing to spend $200+ for that.

the ringside IMF tech and the Title Gel get nothing but good reviews.

i havent tried the Title Gel, yet, but i've been happy with my ringside IMF tech that i've had since 2006.

- as far as THICK padding goes, i think the ringside Safety training gloves have the thickest knuckle padding, but the wrist padding is sacrificed.

- the Ringside International training gloves also have very thick padding.

http://www.ringside.com/boxinggloves.aspx?CategoryID=2369

big paulie
03-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Winning all day long, trust me you would struggle to hurt your hands in 12-14oz, i hear alot of good things about title gel but cant imagine the quality being as good as Winning

potatoes
03-07-2008, 01:17 PM
Mayweather has soft hands and when he switched to Winning he seems to get fewer hand injuries. I am not sure if that makes Winning a better product or whether Winning is just better for Mayweather.

boxing4ever
03-07-2008, 02:52 PM
ya who doesnt rock winning thats a big name? mayweather, forbes, margarito, victor ortiz, de la hoya(on 24/7), kelly pavlik, kermit cintron just a few names and i have asked a few pros at my gym about them and they straight up said they were the best gloves they have ever slipped on and one guy had his for a few years and hes undefeated(ronald hearns).

SugarShanep4p
03-07-2008, 05:32 PM
yeah I know winnings have a good name, the Gel sounds good though ill tell you the truth mabye ill try those first, and if they dont work out ill just to the winnings, it isnt so much my hands like mayweather, its my forearms so iv gotta find something thats very thick and padded so I can soften the impact you know

boxing4ever
03-07-2008, 06:01 PM
ooooo for the forearms i dont think anything could beat grant! if anyone has eyes on here they will notice how much wrist support is on the pro training gloves

I own a pair of grant pro training gloves the 120 dollar ones and the wrist support is the best and the cuffs protect all the way to almost half way thro my forearm

GREB
03-08-2008, 02:27 PM
yea winning really good gloves, ive had everlast, reyes, not tryed grant yet but hear they are good , my run done on them is everlast padding is spread over the whole glove ,same for reyes but reyes made better everlast good glove but lose shape to soon, winning gloves the padding spread over the knuckle area and made really well i paid £140 for 16oz that includes shipping to uk as well

Fidayin
03-08-2008, 03:29 PM
I got Windy gloves, They are the best in my opinion

http://www.tkowarehouse.com/image.php?object_type=product&image_id=399

Bombz
03-09-2008, 03:40 PM
yea winning really good gloves, ive had everlast, reyes, not tryed grant yet but hear they are good , my run done on them is everlast padding is spread over the whole glove ,same for reyes but reyes made better everlast good glove but lose shape to soon, winning gloves the padding spread over the knuckle area and made really well i paid £140 for 16oz that includes shipping to uk as well

Are the Winning gloves that good,they look quite "ordinary" on the website http://winning-usa.com/products.html

I'm in the process of buying some new gloves and would be interested in these if the protection when hitting a heavy bag is good. I'm looking at the Grant Super bag gloves at the mo' and would be interested in a comparison and also any info about which size of winning glove is recommended for bag work (comparable to say the IMF tech glove).

Cheers.

moin126
03-09-2008, 04:57 PM
The inside of the glove feels like a pillow, and theres gel that sits in front of your fist on the inside... there padded trust me
you got the velcro hook and loop?
http://store.titleboxing.com/title-gel-hook-and-loop-world-training-gloves.html