View Full Version : Do you get Hand Injuries from the heavy bag? Well NOT anymore......

THE REED™
03-04-2008, 11:32 AM
I get hand injuries like the rest of you from hitting the heavybag... Knuckle injuries mostly, over and over... hands get sore, knuckles get bruised... It literally cuts down on your heavybag workout, because you can no longer punch with full force....

Well I FINALLY stopped slacking and I ordered these gloves which Ive wanted to for the last YEAR! I used them for the first time last night.. and they are UN-BE-LIEVABLE.....

I used to use basic 16 oz Everlasts, The inside of the gloves is hard, and has a cheaper plastic/vinyl feel to them... after 12 rounds on a heavy bag, the vinyl will start rubbing on your fingers and cause major discomfort, and the density of the inside of the glove will put a beating on your knuckles...

Well THESE GEL Title boxing gloves, are just unreal... as soon as you slip your hand inside, all that vinyl plastic is GONE, and you feel a soft felt like cotton material through the entire inside of the glove... Once your hand is completely inside, youll feel, what seems like a 1/4" - 1/2" pad of gel behind the cotton material, that goes from right behind your top knuckles, and all the way around below the 2nd knuckles... Basically the gel padding covers the whole front of the hand, where you get the knuckle abuse...

The glove is already fitted into a fist for the MOST part... so you feel like you can really use power with these gloves and not worry about hand damage... For the first time in a long time, I was able to do a 12 round workout on the heavybag... using power from the 1st round to the 12th round.. without one ounce of discomfort... it felt like I had cotton pillows on my hands...

Absolute 100% A+ and for 60 bucks... BUY THESE NOW....

TITLE GEL® World Bag Gloves
There is a new champion in the world of super bag gloves!

http://store.titleboxing.com/titleboxing-gel-world-bag-gloves.html

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/titleboxing/gtwbg-bk

Now with exclusive Gel Enforced Lining™ and multi-layered foam padding for the ultimate in style, performance, protection and power. Gel lining delivers an unbeatable layer of custom form fit and impact resistance. Friends, once you try these you will not go back to regular bag gloves again. All-leather outer with special hand compartment lining for cool, dry and comfortable wear. Awesome wraparound adjustable wrist strap with D-ring and hook-and-loop closure for secure fit.

Colors: Black/White, Red/White
Sizes: M, L, XL

Regular price: $69.99 Sale price: $59.99

DA1CATAS
03-04-2008, 11:41 AM
They look really good...

I'll prally holla at those this summer.

THE REED™
03-04-2008, 11:44 AM
I cant talk about them enough... You literally look forward to your bag workout... and you can go longer than you normally would, with as much power as you want.... they completely protect your hand

DA1CATAS
03-04-2008, 11:46 AM
When it gets hot... I will definitely get them.. its always hot here in florida but summer is the boiling point..

Thanks for the info..

THE REED™
03-04-2008, 11:52 AM
When it gets hot... I will definitely get them.. its always hot here in florida but summer is the boiling point..

Thanks for the info..

No problem man

Tenacious
03-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Great review. How much do these weigh? 12 oz?

THE REED™
03-04-2008, 12:25 PM
16Oz

There for the heavy bag... if you use 12OZ on the heavy bag your gonna get hand injuries no matter what

Tenacious
03-04-2008, 12:30 PM
Right on, thats exactly the weight I wanted. Ive been looking for some good bag gloves lately and saw some came in 12 oz and thats not what i was lookin for. You sold me on these ones thanks alot for the info.

THE REED™
03-04-2008, 12:34 PM
No problem... as soon as you put them on youll be excited... feels like a cotton pillow.. there awesome

lanigav
03-04-2008, 12:36 PM
I never used to get knuckle injuries, but rather this horrible pain right were my knuckles and my fingers meet. I never got them at the gym, but at home I get it instead. Im not sure if its the same things as you guys have, but after I started on the heavy bag again almost every other day, and the pain went away. Still these gloves are much better than the thinner ones I use on the heavybag.

Ill have to check it out though, Thanks for the heads up!

THE REED™
03-04-2008, 12:55 PM
yeah no problem... I cant talk about these gloves enough.. REAL protection

boxingsmash69
03-04-2008, 02:19 PM
there are a few reviews on the title gel bag gloves at sherdog:

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=739638

http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?t=473586

and here's a review for the title gel TRAINING gloves:

BF.com/boxing-equipment-reviews/2793-review-title-gel-training-gloves.html

BF = boxingforum

warp1432
03-04-2008, 02:43 PM
Grant's work pretty good too. Though I've gotten hand injury's. I think I sprained my left wrist. It's gotten better, but whenever I throw a left hook it still hurts a bit.

I hate everlast. I really need to get some grant's. My friend has them and they work great.

THE REED™
03-04-2008, 05:12 PM
Grant's work pretty good too. Though I've gotten hand injury's. I think I sprained my left wrist. It's gotten better, but whenever I throw a left hook it still hurts a bit.

I hate everlast. I really need to get some grant's. My friend has them and they work great.

Yeah i twisted my wrist a year ago.. took 10 full months to completely heal.. i couldnt put any power on a left hook.. now i can all the way and it feels great

giantsbran1227
03-04-2008, 05:16 PM
Rival Ultra Bag Gloves are better. Ive used both.

THE REED™
03-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Rival Ultra Bag Gloves are better. Ive used both.

THOSE ARE THE OTHER ONES I WANTED TO TRY... how are they whats the differences? specifics? thanks

giantsbran1227
03-04-2008, 05:24 PM
First off they are just hottt looken.

Also they are great with the wrist. They have this wrist lock feature that works great in holding your wrist in place. They also have great knuckle padding. I love them.

Dont get me wrong the gels are great too. Its just a persona preference. I would say the gels have slightly better knuckle protection, and the rivals are much better with the wrist.

boxingsmash69
03-04-2008, 06:45 PM
so you're talking about the rival ULTRA bag gloves, right?

what about the rival ELITE bag gloves?

http://store.titleboxing.com/rival-elite-bag-gloves.html

Eshays!
03-04-2008, 08:15 PM
Im currently lookking for new gloves so these title gels are looking like a positive option. At the moment i've got a pair of grant 16 oz Campe***243;n Training Gloves but im continually hurting by thumbs in them & im looking for something we real solid thumb protection? Anyone know any gloves? itd be a great help. thanks for the reviews

sweet*science
03-04-2008, 08:41 PM
Than ks for the tip I had definitely been looking for some quality gloves for the heavy bag. As I began to train harder my gloves I use now just began to wear down on me. Kills my knuckles.

fraidycat
03-04-2008, 08:51 PM
I use the Title Gel bag gloves, the ones reedickyaluss is talking about. I love them. They are, in the parlance of today's youth, the ****.

Unanimous
03-05-2008, 06:56 AM
Great advert reedickyaluss! Lol!!

Seriously though, thanks for posting this. I've got ****ty ***163;10 mitts and have started to get sore knuckles, wrists and forearms. Also my skin has started to crack on my knuckles!!! So, I think I may enquire about finding these in the UK.

Does anyone know a UK store which stocks these gloves?

Unanimous
03-05-2008, 07:08 AM
Hmmm, spotted these on ebay. They look very similar to the title gloves but are much cheaper AND they're only 10oz

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Advance-Pro-Leather-Boxing-Gloves-Gel-Molded-Punch-Bag_W0QQitemZ380001928362QQihZ025QQcategoryZ30102Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Why am I having trouble finding the Title Gel gloves in the UK?!?!?

danny stash
03-05-2008, 10:23 AM
I get hand injuries like the rest of you from hitting the heavybag... Knuckle injuries mostly, over and over... hands get sore, knuckles get bruised... It literally cuts down on your heavybag workout, because you can no longer punch with full force....

Well I FINALLY stopped slacking and I ordered these gloves which Ive wanted to for the last YEAR! I used them for the first time last night.. and they are UN-BE-LIEVABLE.....

I used to use basic 16 oz Everlasts, The inside of the gloves is hard, and has a cheaper plastic/vinyl feel to them... after 12 rounds on a heavy bag, the vinyl will start rubbing on your fingers and cause major discomfort, and the density of the inside of the glove will put a beating on your knuckles...

Well THESE GEL Title boxing gloves, are just unreal... as soon as you slip your hand inside, all that vinyl plastic is GONE, and you feel a soft felt like cotton material through the entire inside of the glove... Once your hand is completely inside, youll feel, what seems like a 1/4" - 1/2" pad of gel behind the cotton material, that goes from right behind your top knuckles, and all the way around below the 2nd knuckles... Basically the gel padding covers the whole front of the hand, where you get the knuckle abuse...

The glove is already fitted into a fist for the MOST part... so you feel like you can really use power with these gloves and not worry about hand damage... For the first time in a long time, I was able to do a 12 round workout on the heavybag... using power from the 1st round to the 12th round.. without one ounce of discomfort... it felt like I had cotton pillows on my hands...

Absolute 100% A+ and for 60 bucks... BUY THESE NOW....

TITLE GEL® World Bag Gloves
There is a new champion in the world of super bag gloves!

http://store.titleboxing.com/titleboxing-gel-world-bag-gloves.html

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/titleboxing/gtwbg-bk

Now with exclusive Gel Enforced Lining™ and multi-layered foam padding for the ultimate in style, performance, protection and power. Gel lining delivers an unbeatable layer of custom form fit and impact resistance. Friends, once you try these you will not go back to regular bag gloves again. All-leather outer with special hand compartment lining for cool, dry and comfortable wear. Awesome wraparound adjustable wrist strap with D-ring and hook-and-loop closure for secure fit.

Colors: Black/White, Red/White
Sizes: M, L, XL

Regular price: $69.99 Sale price: $59.99
How much they pay you for this???

;)

They look pretty mint

boxingsmash69
03-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Hmmm, spotted these on ebay. They look very similar to the title gloves but are much cheaper AND they're only 10oz

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Advance-Pro-Leather-Boxing-Gloves-Gel-Molded-Punch-Bag_W0QQitemZ380001928362QQihZ025QQcategoryZ30102Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Why am I having trouble finding the Title Gel gloves in the UK?!?!?

wow they look just like the title gels, with the B2 brand labeled on it. lol.

Unanimous
03-05-2008, 12:17 PM
wow they look just like the title gels, with the B2 brand labeled on it. lol.

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering if they're made in the same sweatshop, ooops, factory. Then branded as B2.

Seeing as I can't seem to get a hold of Title gel's in the UK I might take a chance on these cheapies!

THE REED™
03-05-2008, 12:20 PM
How much they pay you for this???

;)

They look pretty mint

LOL i wish they did... that was just an honest reviw from me... i was truly impressed

Yeah, I'm kinda wondering if they're made in the same sweatshop, ooops, factory. Then branded as B2.

Seeing as I can't seem to get a hold of Title gel's in the UK I might take a chance on these cheapies!

Do not buy 10 oz gloves for the bag... 16oz nothing less for bag work.. or nothing will save your hands

ForemanCrossArm
03-05-2008, 12:53 PM
I've got a pair of 18 oz. flores gloves. i can hit a 110 bag without wrapping, period, and no marks for at least a few rounds.

Unanimous
03-05-2008, 01:04 PM
Do not buy 10 oz gloves for the bag... 16oz nothing less for bag work.. or nothing will save your hands

Damn! Where am I gonna get these Title gloves??

Does anyone know of a UK stockist?

THE REED™
03-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Damn! Where am I gonna get these Title gloves??

Does anyone know of a UK stockist?

just call them up man... there numbers on the website... just tell em ur in the UK.. theyll have your answer for you

Some things are worth the money... these being one of them...

boxingsmash69
03-05-2008, 03:04 PM
how's the wrist protection compared to other gloves ?

THE REED™
03-05-2008, 03:08 PM
how's the wrist protection compared to other gloves ?

has been real good... the hook and loop system they have works real well..

boxing4ever
03-05-2008, 03:32 PM
Do these protect the thumb and the area around the thumb?

THE REED™
03-05-2008, 04:37 PM
Do these protect the thumb and the area around the thumb?

I suppose as much as any other glove? I believe the thumb area is connected to the glove...

boxing4ever
03-05-2008, 04:53 PM
I suppose as much as any other glove? I believe the thumb area is connected to the glove...
ya i know that but most of other gloves just have outside protection of the thumb not on the palm of the hand making it very easy to jam your thumb or hurt it as I have about 1 1/2 month ago.

lilaznjoker
03-06-2008, 01:30 AM
i had title gel. they were okay. the thumb kinda hurt though when making a fist

and i just got ringside imf tech training and used it ilke 6 times. they hella hurt my knuckles =\. i would have to take them off and it hurt when i open my hand. my fingers are sore.

and everyone reviews good things about them =(. i'm wondering if i have to use it more and break them in or something.

the only gloves that haven't hurt my hand are my everlast pro bag gloves.

boxingsmash69
03-06-2008, 01:32 AM

and i just got ringside imf tech training and used it ilke 6 times. they hella hurt my knuckles =\. i would have to take them off and it hurt when i open my hand. my fingers are sore.

and everyone reviews good things about them =(. i'm wondering if i have to use it more and break them in or something.

i used to get sore fingers using the ringside imf tech training. i just kept using it and it was fine.

lilaznjoker
03-06-2008, 02:30 AM
i used to get sore fingers using the ringside imf tech training. i just kept using it and it was fine.

ooh so you didn't get it anymore? is it cause you broke it in or.. got used to it.
it'd hurt so much that i would have to stop and let my hands rest.

boxingsmash69
03-06-2008, 02:49 AM
ooh so you didn't get it anymore? is it cause you broke it in or.. got used to it.
it'd hurt so much that i would have to stop and let my hands rest.

yes, it hurt alot to the point where i had to stop, and rest for 1-2 days.

it broke in after 3 weeks of everyday use, then after that there was no problems

lilaznjoker
03-06-2008, 03:08 AM
ooh cooooool. hopefully it gets broken in soon. poor fingers :ugh:

PeekaBooPooch
03-16-2008, 05:49 AM

You are saying you got the ringside IMF tech Training gloves?
Why do you do that?
Heavy bag needs bag gloves!
Try the bag gloves , and i'm sure that it feels ok.
There are also a lot of guys on the H-bag with training gloves,...in the long run you'll hurt your hand or destroy the training gloves a lot quicker !

DutchDynamite
03-16-2008, 11:04 AM
Question;

do you still put handwraps since the gel forms around the hand?

and with this bag glove how do you know what size to order since it has M, L, XL?

i just ordered the Title hook & loop world training gloves, also with GEL, got the GEL wraps as well

PeekaBooPooch
03-16-2008, 03:27 PM
Question;

do you still put handwraps since the gel forms around the hand?

and with this bag glove how do you know what size to order since it has M, L, XL?

i just ordered the Title hook & loop world training gloves, also with GEL, got the GEL wraps as well

These bag gloves , and bag gloves in general, are designed to wear wraps!

Always wear wraps,during H-bag training!

DutchDynamite
03-16-2008, 07:48 PM
These bag gloves , and bag gloves in general, are designed to wear wraps!

Always wear wraps,during H-bag training!

well the poster said;

"the gel forms around the knuckles,

it felt like I had cotton pillows on my hands..."

So this clearly tells me he is using notting inside the gloves, any way lets wait for him to clarify

Southpaw Stinger
03-16-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm getting some new equipment in a month or so, these gloves sound cool so I'll give them a shot. Cheers bro.