View Full Version : Favourite Running Conditions.

JF91
03-01-2008, 08:46 AM
Just a random thread.

Firstly, what time of day to you find ideal to go running? (Morning, Evening?)
Secondly, Whats your ideal weather for running in? (Wet, Dry, Cold, Hot?)
Thirdly, What do you prefer to run on? (Treadmill, Grass, Concrete?)

Personally, I think early morning runs are best cause it freshens you up and while your running a lovely little drizzle of rain makes it so much easier and I prefer street running.

Danster0507
03-01-2008, 08:49 AM
Early morning is when the air is freshest before its been violated by car fumes. I prefer hot conditions and running on the street provided you have a proper pair of running shoes.

Ell
03-01-2008, 09:23 AM
Running in the morning, nice and quiet, slightly cold but you're cosy in your clothes, listening to your music and the the sun is coming up. That's the best time for me, relaxed as can be clocking up the miles. Makes it alot easier.

sukhenkoy
03-01-2008, 12:38 PM
Yeah I agree with Ell.

Early in the morning, just as the sun is coming up. Everything is quiet - most people are still sleeping. I have a big lake about 10 minutes from my house, and running around it involves running through this big forest (on concrete), so I am fortunate to have a really nice place to run. On school days I go running at night, about an hour before going to bed, but, on weekends, I am going to start running down by this lake once this damn cold goes away. I personally prefer running in cold weather because then you just need an extra layer to stay comfortable, as opposed to it being 90 degrees and 85 percent humidity as it gets down here in the summer, where you just feel like **** the entire run. Ideally though, I prefer running in springtime weather, about 75 degrees with low humidity. Always run outside and have never run on a treadmill. I personally think that the best part of running is having the chance to breathe in the fresh air.

moin126
03-01-2008, 02:32 PM
when its cold stormy and windy, preferably snowy.

HopeFalcon
03-01-2008, 02:42 PM
I like to run in the evening, dry weather and on concrete

boxing4ever
03-01-2008, 05:40 PM
I would have to say either morning or night and a few days ago it was 10 degrees outside and ****y so warm would be the best type weather to run in IMO

Dice
03-01-2008, 08:25 PM
I usually run anywhere from 3 to 4 am while its still night. I prefer spring weather but since that rarely happens I'll pick hot over cold weather. I've ran through everything tho snow and rain storms heat waves