View Full Version : Getting to the olympics in boxing

bobweaver
02-25-2008, 10:41 PM
How do you do this? i know their are the trials east/west and the us olympic team trials, but people lose in these trials yet are allowed to come back i noticed, and their is a point system for winning like national pal 50pts, us championships 25 national golden gloves 25 etc. its just so confusing lol. I dont even see how the western/eastern trials matter none of the winners of that even advanced to anywhere it seems. Anyone know anything on this?

Count Patron
02-25-2008, 11:20 PM
If you win regional golden gloves you go to nationals.

If you win national golden gloves you go to the American Olympic boxing team for try-outs.

If you don't live in America... no point in going to the Olympics because America will own you, AMERICA **** YEAH!

TexasTitan
02-25-2008, 11:24 PM

If you win national golden gloves you go to the American Olympic boxing team for try-outs.

If you don't live in America... no point in going to the Olympics because America will own you, AMERICA **** YEAH!

woooooooooooooooooooo....

toolboxdiver
02-25-2008, 11:29 PM

:beerchug:

bobweaver
02-26-2008, 01:44 AM
hmmm how is that, when there are 4 national golden gloves before 2012 olympics, what if there is a differant winner everytime which is most likely for each weight class, if you win the national golden gloves in 2009 how does that even help toward the 2012 olympics, i would think you would need to win the 2011 national golden gloves to qualify for the olympcs.

Gato2012
02-26-2008, 06:57 PM
It is very difficulty to get to the Olympics. If you won Jr. Olympics, like me, you will have a better chance are trying out (My trainer said that at least, dont mistake Jr. Olympics as a big tournament either.Anyone can do the Jr. Olympics.). You have to go through all kinds to olympic trial fights and *****. Only the best go to the Olympics.

USSR_UZBEKISTAN
02-27-2008, 10:30 PM
Once u get on national team. then tehll send u to pan america games u have to get medal there. Or there was just world champinship in chicago if u become top 8 ull automaticly qualiefied to olmpics.