View Full Version : lean cuisine

oaklandstephen
02-25-2008, 09:56 AM
is it okay to have these for dinner? are they actually good for u or do they just say that so u can buy em??? somebody please help!!!

Count Patron
02-25-2008, 10:06 AM
No. They are highly processed garbage, c'mon.

Rane-Ex54
02-25-2008, 10:47 AM
is it okay to have these for dinner? are they actually good for u or do they just say that so u can buy em??? somebody please help!!!

Naw I think they are good, they are the best frozen food stuff you can buy. I've been eating them for awhile now. They are low calorie and usually add a good amount of veggies into most of there meals. If you worked out and just ate 4 lean cuisine's a day you would most likly loose a crapload of weight.

TexasTitan
02-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Its rare there is good freezer food.

oaklandstephen
02-25-2008, 11:16 AM
yeah ive been eaten a couple a day since november and havent really been exercising as much as i used to and i went from 193 to 167. but i just wanted to know if they were unhealthy.

Detroit101
02-25-2008, 01:05 PM
yeah ive been eaten a couple a day since november and havent really been exercising as much as i used to and i went from 193 to 167. but i just wanted to know if they were unhealthy.

did you read the label???????......most of these meals have a very high sodium content...like 2100 mg's per serving..... One a day wont hurt because you need this mineral........just dont abuse them....too much sodium is not good for you....it will elevate your blood pressure and make you retain high amounts of water weight........

Remember this too.....Just because you lose weight or become thin doesnt mean you are healthy....there are plenty of people walking around who look textbook healthy and at the same time are walking timebombs........

oaklandstephen
02-25-2008, 01:19 PM
damn, the label said it had 580 but ima cut down on eaten them and prolly start makin my own food.

Rane-Ex54
02-25-2008, 02:02 PM
did you read the label???????......most of these meals have a very high sodium content...like 2100 mg's per serving..... One a day wont hurt because you need this mineral........just dont abuse them....too much sodium is not good for you....it will elevate your blood pressure and make you retain high amounts of water weight........

Remember this too.....Just because you lose weight or become thin doesnt mean you are healthy....there are plenty of people walking around who look textbook healthy and at the same time are walking timebombs........

Most Lean Cuizenes only have between only have 600-700 mgs of sodium / per serving.

skilgannon
02-25-2008, 02:23 PM
I think they are ok for weight but for health, no they are not good. Look and read the label and identify some of the ingredients. About at least 50% is processed and artificial flavorings and preservatives. They are so processed I cant imagine regularly eating that would be good for you. Once in a while it wont hurt though but not everday

Rane-Ex54
02-25-2008, 03:11 PM
I think they are ok for weight but for health, no they are not good. Look and read the label and identify some of the ingredients. About at least 50% is processed and artificial flavorings and preservatives. They are so processed I cant imagine regularly eating that would be good for you. Once in a while it wont hurt though but not everday

Most LC's say "No Preservatives". Of coarse they are processed, but compared to what most people eat for lunch and dinner, these are actually decently healthy. I understand yalls concern & agree, 95% of frozen food is trash, but LC's are fairly healthy.

skilgannon
02-26-2008, 04:30 AM
yes I agree with yo on that. The no preservatives one came out more recently I think. THe older ones all had preservatives. but yes,preservatives or no, thy are still healthier than any other type of processed food.

fraidycat
02-26-2008, 10:23 AM
I eat a few a week. I'll have one on an evening when I don't have time to make dinner, and occasionally (like today) I'll take one with me for lunch. I don't think they're that bad. Looking at one right now: 19g protein, 2.5g fat, 400mg sodium, 390 calories. I think I paid $1.50 for it. That's a much better deal than eating out.

It's of course cheaper and healthier to make your own food and just have leftovers when you're in a hurry, but Lean Cuisines aren't bad overall. Check the health food section of your local grocery. There are some organic Lean Cuisine-type meals that are pretty tasty, but a bit more expensive.