View Full Version : Energy Drinks..... Can't stop with them. =/

pigdestroyer
02-25-2008, 04:08 AM
I find my self day by day slowly drinking more and more of these. All non-sugar. Today I drank one 24 oz Rockstar and two 16 oz Full Throttles. If I go a day without drinking one, I get happy at the thought. Sometimes, if I don't drink them for two-three days I get slight pains in some lower part of my body.

-_- Why am I addicted to these so much?

-Also, anyone have anything similar? Or something I can switch this habit to, that's more healthier? Or know of any ways to switch it to something else?
Or know of any facts that about them that would turn me away?

I have an extremely addictive personality... so if it's not energy drinks, this obsession I have will find something else.

Rane-Ex54
02-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Its the Caffeine in it that is prob getting you addicted. Also that energy boost you get is probably keeping you buying. I used to drink alot of coffee, But I've recently just started eating more fruits in the morning instead. It's more natural, and it gives you a boost. Oranges, Banana's, Apples, Berry's, Etc... Those power drinks, just have alot of crap in it. Gives you a high but then u crash if you don't have another one.

TexasTitan
02-25-2008, 11:05 AM
It's not that some people have willpower and some don't.
It's that some people are ready to change and others are not.óJames Gordon

pigdestroyer
02-25-2008, 11:47 AM
Yar. You're right. I don't WANT to change, but as previously stated... there's a lot of crap in them I know my body doesn't like. I like the caffeine and the buzz I get from them.

pigdestroyer
02-25-2008, 11:48 AM
Say a simple estimate... how much fruit are you eating to feel as good as you do when you've sipped down an energy drink?

Basim
02-25-2008, 02:15 PM
Fruit is your best option. PURE fruit juices and canned fruit are quick and easy. None of that pealing business.

VBoxer
02-25-2008, 03:23 PM
I was in the same situation brother. Its like anything else: your body relies on that stuff so when you take a break from it you get shaky and abdominal cramps. If you have been drinking energy drinks like crazy, all the time, by now your body is probably immuned to the energy effects. If you like things like tea or gatorade, try going for those. It sounds weird but if you addicted to energy drinks, then you might want to lean off of them to avoid the bad cramps and other side effects.

xEDDIEx
02-25-2008, 03:24 PM
rockstar punched is the shiiiiiiiit

Two Clips
02-25-2008, 03:44 PM
I'm like that about No Fear, for my New Years resolution I said that I was going to give up energy drinks and alot of my co workers also gave up various vices. It got so bad for me after a week I ended up cheating and drinking it on the way to work. Its almost the end of Feb. and my co workers think I'm doing such a good job and that I have some serious will power.... If they only knew.:nonono:

Rane-Ex54
02-25-2008, 04:15 PM
thing about energy drinks too is that they usually have alot sugars and calories in it.. a 24 oz of that rockstar has over 300 calroies and around 100 grams of sugar, and 240mg of caffeine. DAMN

moin126
02-25-2008, 05:49 PM
get ahold of your self, jesus is it that hard. **** sake, if you lived in holland like me in amsterdam, you would be a fuking druggy stoner already with that attitude.

Ramamaiden
02-25-2008, 06:27 PM
try drinking green tea.

Karlos81
02-25-2008, 07:15 PM
Diet energy drinks are good when you are cutting weight.

I used to fast needing to cut weight 500-800cal daily. I used to drink diet energy drinks to stave off hunger and keep my metabolism up.

Two weeks at 500-800 cals whilst working out on diet energy drinks i used to lose 15-20lbs.

But tbh its not good to be shoving that much caffine in your body, unless your cutting weight or on a fasting diet replace with coffee then tea then come off.

Kayo
02-26-2008, 12:37 AM
unless in a jagerbomb i dont know how people ****ing drink that **** they taste like crap. But honestly man it sounds like your addicted and my advice would be too quit just like you would with smoking by slowly wheining yourself off

pigdestroyer
02-26-2008, 07:26 AM
get ahold of your self, jesus is it that hard. **** sake, if you lived in holland like me in amsterdam, you would be a fuking druggy stoner already with that attitude.

Oh, I see your point. Holland makes you a druggy? Ha. I'm whole point of this is to find something to switch over to, so I can avoid the **** cramps and bull**** headaches. Hence, the fruit idea. Now I'm on the idea that if I start to crave some energy drink, " **** that. Let's get some pears & apples "

pigdestroyer
02-26-2008, 07:26 AM
try drinking green tea.

Yeah. I was thinking more natural caffeine, but meh. Tea has lots of sugar. (I only drink Diet energy drinks.)

pigdestroyer
02-26-2008, 07:27 AM
Diet energy drinks are good when you are cutting weight.

I used to fast needing to cut weight 500-800cal daily. I used to drink diet energy drinks to stave off hunger and keep my metabolism up.

Two weeks at 500-800 cals whilst working out on diet energy drinks i used to lose 15-20lbs.

But tbh its not good to be shoving that much caffine in your body, unless your cutting weight or on a fasting diet replace with coffee then tea then come off.
That's good to know. And you're for sure this works?

pigdestroyer
02-26-2008, 07:28 AM
Haha, yeah. I knew a kid who didn't drink the diet ones, got ridiculously fat in a short period of time. Luckly I only drink diet ones.

Karlos81
02-27-2008, 11:21 AM
That's good to know. And you're for sure this works?

Does for me.

They stave off hunger so you can eat little yet the Taurine and Caffine keep you MBR up.

sukhenkoy
02-27-2008, 03:05 PM
Just try to go one day without drinking them. That one day, just eat a fruit whenever you feel like drinking one. It might amount to a lot of fruit, but it surely beats those ****ty energy drinks. See how you feel the next day. If you aren't completely exhausted or depressed, do it again.

You grow used to fruits pretty quickly. I started eating only fruits when I wanted something sweet about a month ago, and have been doing it ever since. No junk food, no candy, no fastfood - none of those artificial flavor ****. For me, it wasn't too hard as I wasn't addicted to any of them, but, in your case, just stay away from it for one day. If you are allright the next day, that means that you just need to push yourself and stay away.

Just realize that there will be much harder obstacles to overcome in your life than simply staying away from an energy drink. Good luck man.

Ramamaiden
02-27-2008, 03:11 PM
Yeah. I was thinking more natural caffeine, but meh. Tea has lots of sugar. (I only drink Diet energy drinks.)

but drink it without sugar. i drink that green tea that comes in those little bags and i dont add sugar. its not bad at all =P

Stimpy
02-27-2008, 03:22 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on Monster- Low carb?

http://www.tigerfitness.com/Monster%20Low%20Carb.htm

sukhenkoy
02-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Does anyone have an opinion on Monster- Low carb?

http://www.tigerfitness.com/Monster%20Low%20Carb.htm

I don't know what kind of opinion you're looking for, but I personally think that it's better to stay away from all of these energy drinks and the like. Just stick to natural things, like fruits, vegetables, etc. Not only do they taste better once you get used to them, but they begin to make you feel MUCH better after a while. Like I said in another thread, after eating nothing but fruits (when I wanted something sweet) for over a month, I was able to get out of bed with relative ease in the morning, feel quite awake during school, and not have to take a nap after school. Basically, my general well-being improved greatly.

Technically speaking, you could of course make an argument that this energy drink contains no sugar, or that this one contains few calories, but, in the end, you have to realize that you're still consuming an energy drink, which sounds pretty absurd if you ask me. Your body should gain energy naturally, from good food and rest.

If you really want something that tastes great and gives you loads of energy, I have a recipe for something I eat everyday in the morning that consists of only fruits and honey and is known to give you LOADS of energy for the day. My brother used to eat it when he swam back in Russia, and, in those days, he would have 2.5 hr practices, 2 times a day...one in the morning, and one in the afternoon, so something like that was crucial to him. Just PM me if you want it, but, again, I would advise you to stay away from this artificial ****. No good man.

Tenacious
02-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Post up that recipe im always lookin for new breakfast ideas

pigdestroyer
02-27-2008, 04:32 PM
I've PM'd him. If he doesn't post a within the same day he sends it to me, I'll post it up for ya.

Tenacious
02-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Right on. Thanks

pigdestroyer
02-29-2008, 08:11 AM
Sukhenkoy's Reicpe:
"Here it is.
I asked my dad about the recipe and it is quite simple.

Ingredients: 1 cup raisins
1 cup apricots
1 cup walnuts
A lot of honey (probably around 1/2 cup)

Basically, he says to have the raisins, apricots, and walnuts in proportion, so, depending on how much you want to make of it, you raise or lower the number accordingly. Those amounts usually last me about 2-3 weeks, so I would go with something like that.

What he does is grind up the walnuts into a bin first. Then he grinds up the apricots and raisins into the same bin. Mix those things up well in the bin, and then add enough honey to cover a layer of what's inside in the bin. Mix the stuff up with honey again, and maybe add 2-3 more layers of honey and keep mixing. The amount of honey is hard to determine from the first time making this, but, I usually prefer the mixture to be rather hard, so 3-4 layers is usually enough. You don't want to overdo it with the honey, but you also want enough to make sure the mixture isn't too dry. I store this thing in the refrigerator and take one tablespoon in the morning, one before training, and one immediately after. It looks like **** when it's all complete, but it tastes great (at least for me) and gives me a good amount of energy.

As a side not: try to have all the ingredients as natural as can get. I, for instance, purchase raisins that have the ingredients reading only "Raisins", apricots only "Apricots", and walnuts only "Walnuts". In other words, try to make sure no added preservatives or sugars are added. You can also mix in cranberries if you'd like, but I usually just go with the main 4 ingredients."