View Full Version : Water Filled Heavy Bag

mamoroso04
02-25-2008, 01:51 AM
I've been thinking about getting a water filled heavy bag since I tore my other heavy bag. Can anyone give me any valuable advice on this, any advantages or drawbacks to it, or if it's just a horrible idea alltogether? Thank You.

Domey
02-25-2008, 02:15 AM
We have two of them down at my gym. One real big one and another that is about half the size. They are the most used bags in the gym. I like them alot.

mamoroso04
02-25-2008, 02:21 AM
We have two of them down at my gym. One real big one and another that is about half the size. They are the most used bags in the gym. I like them alot.

I read that there isn't very much movement with a water filled heavy bag. Does that bother you when you use it?

Domey
02-25-2008, 02:27 AM
They don't move alot no. I like it better. If I wanted to hit a moving target I would work the double end bag.

The bags are very nice.

skilgannon
02-25-2008, 04:52 AM
I imagine if they broke that would probably suck. BUt I heard they are less stressful on the joints and hands when you hit them

Domey
02-25-2008, 10:36 AM
That is true about being less stressfull. We have had the two bag for a long ass time now. We got them when they first had come out, and they havent leaked or anything once.

Rane-Ex54
02-25-2008, 11:44 AM
My friend used to have one and I didn't like them very much, I felt like I was punching a water bed. I kinda like the heavyness and sway of a regular heavy bag.

Roque_sevilla
02-25-2008, 01:13 PM
My friend used to have one and I didn't like them very much, I felt like I was punching a water bed. I kinda like the heavyness and sway of a regular heavy bag.
thats ****!!!! those bags are great, and are not like a water bed moron...them look like any other heavy bag, but , like has been said, less stressfull. also the most used heavy bags at my gym...

Rane-Ex54
02-25-2008, 03:09 PM
thats ****!!!! those bags are great, and are not like a water bed moron...them look like any other heavy bag, but , like has been said, less stressfull. also the most used heavy bags at my gym...

haha, everyone has there own opinion. I didn't say they look different. I said they feel different, like a hitting waterbed shaped as a bag. When I used it, I felt like I wasn't getting a great workout. I like the strength and resistance of a real heavy bag. I'm not dogging a water bag, I just prefer a regular one.

mamoroso04
02-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Alright thanks for the feedback. I think I'll go water filled on this one.

ian-jason
03-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Hey evrybody!

Can someone tell me the deal with the Powair waterfilled heavy bags?

I'm thinking if i should order one, because i've heard good things about this type of waterbags...

Do you need the foam lined ones, or the all waterbags?

Do they sway alot?

The feel of the bag is it real?

I really like to know from someone who trains on these bags, and need to know if you will get a descent workout!

Thanks.

ian-jason

Domey
03-07-2008, 04:49 PM
haha, everyone has there own opinion. I didn't say they look different. I said they feel different, like a hitting waterbed shaped as a bag. When I used it, I felt like I wasn't getting a great workout. I like the strength and resistance of a real heavy bag. I'm not dogging a water bag, I just prefer a regular one.

The water bags are very heavy, and they don't sway at all. Not sure what tiny bag you've been hitting..

Hey evrybody!

Can someone tell me the deal with the Powair waterfilled heavy bags?

I'm thinking if i should order one, because i've heard good things about this type of waterbags...

Do you need the foam lined ones, or the all waterbags?

Do they sway alot?

The feel of the bag is it real?

I really like to know from someone who trains on these bags, and need to know if you will get a descent workout!

Thanks.

ian-jason

Not sure about what type of bag you need as I didnt buy it for the gym.

They do not sway much, they are pretty heavy and solid. I find it more comfertable hitting a water bag then a regular bag. Seems to be less stress on your hands.

podxvost
03-07-2008, 06:15 PM
we got a water filled uppercut bag at the gym, i hate that thing, it just doesnt feel right to me.

PeekaBooPooch
03-16-2008, 06:32 PM
we got a water filled uppercut bag at the gym, i hate that thing, it just doesnt feel right to me.

Uppercut bags are total crap,...wrecking balls , or Bodysnatchers, are way better!

rj_ct
03-16-2008, 06:49 PM
i used a ringside water-filled heavy bag for the first time at our new gym yesterday. they're awesome. i think it was 150lbs, but i'm not sure. i definitely back these things.

PeekaBooPooch
03-20-2008, 07:33 PM
i used a ringside water-filled heavy bag for the first time at our new gym yesterday. they're awesome. i think it was 150lbs, but i'm not sure. i definitely back these things.

Can you tell me what type of bag it was from ringside or post a picture so i can see what bag you are using?

It would mean a lot to me.

By the way is it a foamliner?

rj_ct
03-20-2008, 11:31 PM
i don't know much about it (front one and far back one)

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v214/136/10/619832606/n619832606_451010_329.jpg

it doesn't feel like there's any foam in there. i think it's this one: http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25872

PeekaBooPooch
03-21-2008, 01:06 PM
i don't know much about it (front one and far back one)

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v214/136/10/619832606/n619832606_451010_329.jpg

it doesn't feel like there's any foam in there. i think it's this one: http://www.ringside.com/detail.aspx?ID=25872

Hey Thanx man for the info, and you have a reall cool gym.

Are all the Ring side bags new?

Another question, if you train on the ringside waterbag, does it sway alot, or just a little?

And if you hit it , does your fist really sink in the bag?

PeekaBooPooch
03-21-2008, 01:07 PM
Hey Thanx man for the info, and you have a reall cool gym.

Are all the Ring side bags new?

Another question, if you train on the ringside waterbag, does it sway alot, or just a little?

And if you hit it , does your fist really sink in the bag?

And you said it was the all waterbag 150 lbs , 13x 40 " right???

Do you have to let the air out , or just fill it with water?

PeekaBooPooch
03-22-2008, 06:47 AM
And you said it was the all waterbag 150 lbs , 13x 40 " right???

Do you have to let the air out , or just fill it with water?

just asking cause the bag looks a little bit different, ..on ringside it is all black, ..so

fenixxark
07-30-2010, 02:16 PM
I was also interested in getting a water heavy bag and this was one of the threads that pulled up in a search on the topic - unfortunately this thread and the rest of my search resulted in a very slim amount of overall information. I've finally gotten my water heavy bag and I've done a write up about water bags. Find it at base26.blogspot.com/2010/07/water-filled-heavy-punching-bags.html