View Full Version : shrugs traps

tyl3rdurd3n
02-24-2008, 02:39 PM
is it usefull with boxing to work you traps muscle by doing barbell or dumbell shrugs, because boxers seem to have large sized traps. so would it be worth training my traps at all?

thanks

kbpoetree
02-24-2008, 02:42 PM
is it usefull with boxing to work you traps muscle by doing barbell or dumbell shrugs, because boxers seem to have large sized traps. so would it be worth training my traps at all?

thanks
it would b ok...instead of shrugs tho....do mountain climbers..trust me shoulders will burn like hell...lol..legs 2

giantsbran1227
02-24-2008, 02:59 PM
What are mountain climbers?

kbpoetree
02-24-2008, 04:59 PM
What are mountain climbers?
my bad should've been more specific...umm basicly your in a push up position..than u raise your right knee to your chest, than your left, like your climbing a mountain kinda..go from that to blurpies..good workout...

mamoroso04
02-25-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm a huge fan of the shrugs myself, as I was a powerlifter before I started boxing. I usually did, and still do, shrugs with both the barbell and the dumbbells daily. The traps are a muscle group that tends to recover quickly like your calves and forearms, so they can be worked quite frequently. But, to stop running on, yes, shrugs are extremely valuable. A thick, strong neck will absorb a lot of shock from head punches.