View Full Version : Where was you first amature fight at?

mr tricky
02-24-2008, 08:31 AM
what was the place like, small big, full, crowded, quite, a gym, arena?

post your first fight expiricences

toolboxdiver
02-24-2008, 10:19 AM
I had my first amature fight at the John Hennelly Boys Club in the Kensington section of Philadelphia. It is no longer called that now its the Front Street Gym. Mickey Grandinetti who trained Jimmy Young was my trainer. It was a old school philly gym with some great club fighters. I guess there was about 100 spectators and it was a great experience. I won a unanimous decision

big paulie
02-24-2008, 11:36 AM
local community centre, about 150-200 spectators. I was scared ****less and was exhausted before the first bell, lost by decision!

fraidycat
02-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Charity smoker at my gym, first fight of the night, about 200 people. Scariest thing I've ever done. Ever. Waiting at the altar for my wife was only a fraction as scary. I threw up so much the two days before the fight that I nearly switched weight classes.

Kicked his ass.

kbpoetree
02-24-2008, 11:46 AM
My first wuz at the Boxing Resource Center in Nashville, TN...it's a norm beat up gym....i had a big crowd there..actually wuz more a womans show with like 4 guy fights but it wuz on and poppen...my coach is Jonathan "Reiddawg" Reid..most may remember him form The Contender season 1..i won in all 3 rounds according to all judges...2weeks later i had a rematch..and won that one also..than took bout a year off and now back at it in full

Gato2012
02-24-2008, 11:52 AM
Otis Air Base in Cape Cod. Very scary getting in there was guys with guns and ***** and you needed to drive around some cones like an obstacle course. It was some buliding on a basketball court. Chairs were around the ring, probably like 50-100 people tops, if that. Not many people, very small ring. All the competiton sucked and everyone from my team won that day. I fought some short tubby kid who had no idea how to box lol. After the fights there was a cookout and they served us all burgers and hot dogs. Then they gave us t-shirts saying we particiapted in the "Clash in the Cape." It was a good time.

Gato2012
02-24-2008, 11:53 AM
My first wuz at the Boxing Resource Center in Nashville, TN...it's a norm beat up gym....i had a big crowd there..actually wuz more a womans show with like 4 guy fights but it wuz on and poppen...my coach is Jonathan "Reiddawg" Reid..most may remember him form The Contender season 1..i won in all 3 rounds according to all judges...2weeks later i had a rematch..and won that one also..than took bout a year off and now back at it in full

Amateur fights are not scored by rounds....

kbpoetree
02-24-2008, 11:56 AM
they aint huh....well they had it written that way on my ****en amateur book..so guess these people did..now my 2nd wuz not written the same way just had the win down there...u get special treatment if your coach is a local stud

kbpoetree
02-24-2008, 11:59 AM
mayb u should read this
http://boxing.about.com/od/amateurs/a/amateur_rules.htm

Gato2012
02-24-2008, 11:59 AM
they aint huh....well they had it written that way on my ****en amateur book..so guess these people did..now my 2nd wuz not written the same way just had the win down there...u get special treatment if your coach is a local stud

like i said, amateur fights are not scored by rounds.

Gato2012
02-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Read whatever you want off the internet, ive been an amateur for a while.

amateur fights are not scored by rounds.

Gato2012
02-24-2008, 12:01 PM
mayb u should read this
http://boxing.about.com/od/amateurs/a/amateur_rules.htm

all that did was prove my point. They dont scored rounds. They score points.

kbpoetree
02-24-2008, 12:03 PM
all that did was prove my point. They dont scored rounds. They score points.
well no **** **** stick...however they are tallied by each round right..i understand on could lose 2 of the 3 rounds and win the fight based on the fact they score twice as many points in each round..i simply stated i won all the rounds on points..i got video..wheres all yours at?

Gato2012
02-24-2008, 12:06 PM
well no **** **** stick...however they are tallied by each round right..i understand on could lose 2 of the 3 rounds and win the fight based on the fact they score twice as many points in each round..i simply stated i won all the rounds on points..i got video..wheres all yours at?

" won in all 3 rounds according to all judges"

you said nothing about points, you might wanna edit that. hahahahaha look at you getting all mad cause you got caught lying. All my videos are on VHS. And i dont care about your videos, i dont even wanna see em. I could care less if you fight or not. I just caught you in a stupid lie and you got all worked up.

kbpoetree
02-24-2008, 12:06 PM
guess i should've jsut said i whooped his ass all 3 rounds..lol....or 6..he wuz 3-0 when i wuz 0-0....now the dude is....28-2..and i'm still 2-0...lol...i better get back on it

kbpoetree
02-24-2008, 12:08 PM
" won in all 3 rounds according to all judges"

you said nothing about points, you might wanna edit that. hahahahaha look at you getting all mad cause you got caught lying. All my videos are on VHS. And i dont care about your videos, i dont even wanna see em. I could care less if you fight or not. I just caught you in a stupid lie and you got all worked up.
first off...i didnt Lie about ****..i whooped his ass all 3 rounds...just like i said..i didnt say i won 2 of the 3 rounds and won the fight based on that..i said..i won all 3 rounds wich means i out pointed him on all 3 rounds..no lie in that..u just brought up a stupid nit pick is all....who cares bout the wording..

kbpoetree
02-24-2008, 12:08 PM
first off...i didnt Lie about ****..i whooped his ass all 3 rounds...just like i said..i didnt say i won 2 of the 3 rounds and won the fight based on that..i said..i won all 3 rounds wich means i out pointed him on all 3 rounds..no lie in that..u just brought up a stupid nit pick is all....who cares bout the wording..
and VHS..i bet...u prob never boxed a day in your life....

Gato2012
02-24-2008, 12:10 PM

Maybe I would believe you, but no way he won 25 fights straight since losing to you. You ruined it with that.

Whateva, i dont care. Stop trying to prove your point, because I dont care. Your wasting your time and getting no where.

Gato2012
02-24-2008, 12:10 PM
and VHS..i bet...u prob never boxed a day in your life....

darn it, you caught me

kbpoetree
02-24-2008, 12:12 PM
darn it, you caught me
well golly g shucks...blah blah blah blah..yup this convo is done..just another ignorant young **** tryna argue who has never boxed prob