View Full Version : Hopkins vs Hatton

mike ruler
02-21-2008, 10:10 AM
Demetrius vs Ricky, who would win?

ABOSWORTH
02-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Demetrius vs Ricky, who would win?

I was just about to flame you because I thought you meant Bernard Hopkins. :lol1::doh:

I haven't seen Demetrius fight so I can't offer anything.

mike ruler
02-21-2008, 12:44 PM
@ 140 I think D-Hop can get em. He has superb technical skill. Even more so then his uncle imo. He could outbox Hatton, not hurt him and KO em, but on points wide UD...

But if Ricky can attack and move forward with his "ineffective aggression", where he doesn't hurt his opponents it just looks good, he might win. Like, look at the Floyd fight. Ricky may have taken a lot of rounds in people's eyes by that aggression. Where he throws 50 punches and wiffs on 48 of em, and the next two are blocked.

StackMo
02-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Hatton. Demtrius doesn't bang with sufficient power to do much to Hatton. Highlight reel KO not with standing Hatton would still mug DHop. Not really worthy of ever happening imo either.

chrismart83
02-21-2008, 12:52 PM
I the Demetrius Hopkins VS Witter fight going ahead,

cheers.

riza
02-21-2008, 01:13 PM
imo dhop a real good fighter after watching more of him. hes solid all round. the only bad thing about him is he doesnt know how to control a fight

wmute
02-21-2008, 01:23 PM
Hatton by submission.

wmute
02-21-2008, 01:25 PM
@ 140 I think D-Hop can get em. He has superb technical skill. Even more so then his uncle imo. He could outbox Hatton, not hurt him and KO em, but on points wide UD...

But if Ricky can attack and move forward with his "ineffective aggression", where he doesn't hurt his opponents it just looks good, he might win. Like, look at the Floyd fight. Ricky may have taken a lot of rounds in people's eyes by that aggression. Where he throws 50 punches and wiffs on 48 of em, and the next two are blocked.

LOL @ the ridiculous comment in bold.

Also... Demetrius Hopkins is to Floyd Mayweather what a goldfish is to a shark.

CardioMonster
02-21-2008, 01:44 PM
. Ricky may have taken a lot of rounds in people's eyes by that aggression.

i had him winning 1 round, and that was the first round....all downhill from there.

mike ruler
02-21-2008, 01:46 PM
LOL @ the ridiculous comment in bold.

Also... Demetrius Hopkins is to Floyd Mayweather what a goldfish is to a shark.

1st of all...I didn't compare Mayweather to D-Hop. I just said a lot of times Ricky Hatton be lettin' the punches fly and no real damage is done, it's just showy.

wmute
02-21-2008, 01:51 PM
1st of all...I didn't compare Mayweather to D-Hop. I just said a lot of times Ricky Hatton be lettin' the punches fly and no real damage is done, it's just showy.

You mentoned Mayweather, and if you think his punches dont land, then you probably have seen only his fight against Mayweather.

mike ruler
02-21-2008, 02:46 PM
You mentoned Mayweather, and if you think his punches dont land, then you probably have seen only his fight against Mayweather.

No, I also saw his fight with Castillo and Tszyu, both fighters that were easily hit. I think someone that is defensively sound like D-Hop would negate the attack and outbox Hatton imo...

Ell
02-21-2008, 03:27 PM
I've only seen a little bit of D-Hop but I think Hatton would beat him. I think the Witter fight will be interesting, I don't see him winning that neither but I could be wrong. Hatton would outwork D-Hop, cut off the ring not give him chance to get in his stride.

kenny91
02-21-2008, 04:37 PM

Man i totally agree. good thing is u dont seem biased to either fighters and its an accurate comment. i too think D-Hop could outbox him cos hatton isnt a technical fighter his a brawler he aims to hurt not earn points (hence why some people say his 1 dimensional) but land one of his infamous body shots like castillo's or a nice combo to the head then he could win - Hatton needs to be a bit more intelligent in the ring if he wants to challenge any other high calibre fighters and he needs to work on technique. But power alone = hatton all the way - technique n points = D-Hop.

Hatton wouldnt win if it went 12 rounds he'd have to ko him or get near kos to win a decision

wmute
02-21-2008, 08:29 PM
No, I also saw his fight with Castillo and Tszyu, both fighters that were easily hit. I think someone that is defensively sound like D-Hop would negate the attack and outbox Hatton imo...

LOL @ Zoo being easily hit.

OK, I see your point on D-Hop having solid defensive skills, but he showed them against bums.

The only fighter who was able to take away Hatton's offense was Mayweather, and it took a lot of clinching, wrestling, uncanny defense on the inside, and a superb display of footwork in the early goings when Hatton was trying to come in with angles.

D-Hop has skills but with Hatton it is not going to be a boxing match.

RenegadeT
02-24-2008, 05:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oWqQ3t_kQI

yeah .....so its not witter and he's talkng about himself in the third-person now

the us aint bothered about witter so he aint ?! wtf is he on ? what journeyman is on the cards for him to touch up now ??

b-hoptheexman
02-24-2008, 07:27 PM
Demetrius would fukin kill hatton his got executioner blood in him and i reckon hatton went down like a ***** against mayweather.

alexsilver90
02-25-2008, 08:18 PM
Gotta Be The Hitman Hopkins Aint Been Up Against Any1 As Good As Hatton