View Full Version : Big time Pavlik fan here

danny stash
02-17-2008, 05:01 AM
What a BS decision...

Taylor out boxed Kelly tonight...

WOW

117-112...What the hell were you watching???

UNREAL!!!

I had it 115-113 Taylor

GMitchell
02-17-2008, 07:01 AM
Pavlik clearly won the last two rounds, and I reckon he would have KOed Taylor if it had gone 15. If you were being completely fair on a round for round basis it would be a draw, but nobody wants to give taylor a fight he would clearly have lost if it had gone any further.

Mrvooh
02-17-2008, 12:59 PM
Pavlik clearly won the last two rounds, and I reckon he would have KOed Taylor if it had gone 15. If you were being completely fair on a round for round basis it would be a draw, but nobody wants to give taylor a fight he would clearly have lost if it had gone any further.
Good Pernt made

THe TRiNiTY
02-17-2008, 01:25 PM

Why not? I like when a fighter gives it his all in the 12 rounds he's got. It's not a 15 round fight, so it's not important if he could have kept fighting. He gave it everything he had, so that's really a moot point.

boxingknight
02-17-2008, 02:36 PM
pavlik lost

Lucky13
02-17-2008, 02:37 PM
pavlik lost

No, you lost.

Radical Rat
02-17-2008, 05:56 PM
pavlik lost

No way in hell Pavlik lost. It was close, but Pavlik's work rate got him home. Taylor just didn't do enough over 12 rounds.

bigdlb12
02-18-2008, 11:33 AM
what fight were you watching, Pavlik won clearly
Taylor won a few round, given a few were very close, not to mention that Pavlik is the champ now, so taylor would have to win 7 rounds to win the fight, not 4 like I scored it.
8-4 for pavlik
plus pavlik almost landed 100 more punches, come on man

Crazylegs77
02-18-2008, 11:43 PM
Taylor lost.
The tire training didnt help.

Easy-E
02-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Im impressed with Jermain, he went 12 and made it close, even controversial.

mrrupo
02-19-2008, 06:57 PM
what fight were you watching, Pavlik won clearly
Taylor won a few round, given a few were very close, not to mention that Pavlik is the champ now, so taylor would have to win 7 rounds to win the fight, not 4 like I scored it.
8-4 for pavlik
plus pavlik almost landed 100 more punches, come on man

Kelly being the champ at 160lbs has nothing to do with a fight that took place at 166lbs. Just throwing that out there.

anyway, i saw it 115-113 for pavlik. jermains workrate went down a lot in the mid-late rounds (there was a couple rounds where i swear he didnt throw any punches) and that cost him. I think I had jermain ahead 4-1 at one point, so it was a ashame he just didnt have the stamina to pull it out.

bigdlb12
02-20-2008, 10:49 AM
Im impressed with Jermain, he went 12 and made it close, even controversial.
lol, yeah me too

Kelly being the champ at 160lbs has nothing to do with a fight that took place at 166lbs. Just throwing that out there.

anyway, i saw it 115-113 for pavlik. jermains workrate went down a lot in the mid-late rounds (there was a couple rounds where i swear he didnt throw any punches) and that cost him. I think I had jermain ahead 4-1 at one point, so it was a ashame he just didnt have the stamina to pull it out.

you are right
sorry my bad
116-112 for me, but I can easly see how anyone could have it 115-113
if any of the figthers would be the one running out of stamina, you would think it would be Pavlik, being that he has been pass 8, but he did good, out boxed a boxer

one thing I dont like is how Manny was saying that Pavlik is not a power puncher, that he is a good puncher, the same was said about Trinidad.
I mean come on man, Pavlik hits hard, especially with the right, how much harder does one have to punch? It was said that Pavlik is sparring would make guys soil them self from punching them

mrrupo
02-20-2008, 05:21 PM
lol, yeah me too

you are right
sorry my bad
116-112 for me, but I can easly see how anyone could have it 115-113
if any of the figthers would be the one running out of stamina, you would think it would be Pavlik, being that he has been pass 8, but he did good, out boxed a boxer

one thing I dont like is how Manny was saying that Pavlik is not a power puncher, that he is a good puncher, the same was said about Trinidad.
I mean come on man, Pavlik hits hard, especially with the right, how much harder does one have to punch? It was said that Pavlik is sparring would make guys soil them self from punching them

I think what Manny steward was referring to was Pavliks one punch power. He isnt really a one punch concussive type guy. He just grinds down on you.

and manny came out looking good after this fight, because Ozell Nelson said Jermains problem in the first fight was conditioning and said Manny didnt do a good job, but it looks like Ozell didnt do too great either. At least Jermain was 2 punches away from winning in the first fight. Too bad Jermain came out after the knockdown and threw ridiculously wild punches...

alexsilver90
02-25-2008, 09:20 PM
Naw Pavlik Won Dis Fight. Dem Jabs N Rights Worked Well 4 Him. But He Will Get Schooled Fighting Like Dat Vs Calzaghe Cuzz Calzaghe Wud The Same 2 Pavlik Wat He Did 2 Kessler

dmger14
02-28-2008, 09:19 PM
Pavlik has good knockout power. You don't have such a high percentage of knockouts without it. He put down Zertuche with one punch, then had him KOed on his feet with one shot later on. I'm sure there were many more such knockouts earlier in his career. I don't know of another boxer in the middleweight division who has more knockout power than Kelly Pavlik.

MnTwins24
02-29-2008, 09:08 PM
They both fought a good fight but Kelly was too consistent it's as simple as that. And Kelly closed the show in the last two rounds that body shot in the 11th really hurt Jermain. Jermaine was very lucky he didn't go down.