View Full Version : Cotto Its The Man To Beat

SOTO
02-15-2008, 12:26 AM
3 fighters out of Cotto last 7 fights have gone on to become champions. To say Torres, Malignaggi, Quintana are champions after fighting Cotto says a lot about Cotto. What do you guys think about this.

Sin City
02-15-2008, 12:46 AM
3 fighters out of Cotto last 7 fights have gone on to become champions. To say Torres, Malignaggi, Quintana are champions after fighting Cotto says a lot about Cotto. What do you guys think about this.
don't you mean "is"?
your lucky I'm listening to my country.. If not I'd rag on you..

Sin City
02-15-2008, 12:52 AM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YdLBxcLnoyk&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YdLBxcLnoyk&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
:dance:

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 01:03 AM
so beating cotto would be a bigger accomplishment the beating floyd?

Undefeated
02-15-2008, 01:11 AM

No, but Floyd should fight Cotto to solidify his greatness.

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 01:34 AM
lol mayweather does not need cotto for anything. cotto is just the best opponent "at the time" cotto is not an all time great. cotto really hasnt accomplished much to say floyd needs him to solidify his greatness. floyd is already great and cotto is just another good opponent that wants too fight him. Cotto posses nothing that would beat floyd. I think it would be more like cotto would need to beat a floyd to solidify his greatness. floyd has fought p4p guys in their primes like castillo, chico, judah, hernandez etc. he took a big risk in fighting dlh at 154 and won pretty convincingly. 6 titles in 5 different weight classes who else has done that???? how many weight classes has cotto won belts in? floyd has accomplished what fighters only dream of...floyd does not need cotto my friend. but let me put in that i wish floyd does fight him that way all the cotto guys can shut up just like judah, dlh, hatton, and paul william fans have done.

KingTito
02-15-2008, 01:43 AM
lol mayweather does not need cotto for anything. cotto is just the best opponent "at the time" cotto is not an all time great. cotto really hasnt accomplished much to say floyd needs him to solidify his greatness. floyd is already great and cotto is just another good opponent that wants too fight him. Cotto posses nothing that would beat floyd. I think it would be more like cotto would need to beat a floyd to solidify his greatness. floyd has fought p4p guys in their primes like castillo, chico, judah, hernandez etc. he took a big risk in fighting dlh at 154 and won pretty convincingly. 6 titles in 5 different weight classes who else has done that???? how many weight classes has cotto won belts in? floyd has accomplished what fighters only dream of...floyd does not need cotto my friend. but let me put in that i wish floyd does fight him that way all the cotto guys can shut up just like judah, dlh, hatton, and paul william fans have done.
whether u like it or not, the one guy that floyd should fight is miguel cotto, whether u think it would solidify his greatness or not.. he's his #1 contender and the only guy that would truly contest him.. i'm not saying that cotto would win, i think that cotto has the best chance to beat him, but honestly i think that mayweather would take a decision.. i'm simply saying that cotto is the man for floyd to fight right now, they are #s 1 and 2 in their division, the best division in boxing.. mayweather needs to fight cotto, that's what everyone wants to see.. that's all i gotta say

Run
02-15-2008, 01:49 AM
Mayweather is the man to beat at any weight around 147.

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 01:50 AM
whether u like it or not, the one guy that floyd should fight is miguel cotto, whether u think it would solidify his greatness or not.. he's his #1 contender and the only guy that would truly contest him.. i'm not saying that cotto would win, i think that cotto has the best chance to beat him, but honestly i think that mayweather would take a decision.. i'm simply saying that cotto is the man for floyd to fight right now, they are #s 1 and 2 in their division, the best division in boxing.. mayweather needs to fight cotto, that's what everyone wants to see.. that's all i gotta say

like i said if you read my post all that cotto is, is he's the best "current" opponent for floyd to fight. Floyd does not need him. sure a cotto fight would be great i hope it happens i see floyd winning easily. I think dlh is a tougher fight for floyd then cotto is. cotto is just "currently" the guy people want to see fight floyd. If they fight and floyd when then its margarito, then berto, then pw, then mosely, then chavez jr. There is always a "current" or "toughest opponent" for floyd to fight that will never end. Just because cotto holds the current title of being floyds "toughest" fight doesnt make cotto great or give him a better chance at winning. I seriously don't know if cotto makes it out of a margarito fight.

Undefeated
02-15-2008, 02:05 AM

You sound like a fan. A big one.

Cotto is the man to beat at Welterweight. Is Floyd gonna stay at 154? I don't think so? Is he gonna move to 140? I don't think so? Is he gonna retire? Ok then retire. Why fight De La Hoya? Floyd doesn't need to fight De la Hoya.

Cotto can possibly beat Floyd. This is boxing. Im pretty sure you know that by now, when Quintana shocked the Paul Williams fanatics.

Don't even let me bring up the Castillo fight. Cotto has a chance at winning. You acting like Floyd is a fighter with enough raw power (Shane Mosleys, Judah, Torres) to even KO Cotto like that. The fight would be close. Ya know it. Ya Floyd fans make me laugh. Who wants to see a Floyd Vs De La Hoya rematch? Are you kidding me?

Undefeated
02-15-2008, 02:08 AM
like i said if you read my post all that cotto is, is he's the best "current" opponent for floyd to fight. Floyd does not need him. sure a cotto fight would be great i hope it happens i see floyd winning easily. I think dlh is a tougher fight for floyd then cotto is. cotto is just "currently" the guy people want to see fight floyd. If they fight and floyd when then its margarito, then berto, then pw, then mosely, then chavez jr. There is always a "current" or "toughest opponent" for floyd to fight that will never end. Just because cotto holds the current title of being floyds "toughest" fight doesnt make cotto great or give him a better chance at winning. I seriously don't know if cotto makes it out of a margarito fight.

Your logic is ****. You're saying to fight a fighter you've beaten decisivly (De La Puta) is better than fighting the number one fighter right now? Are you serious? Who else is Cotto gonna fight? Williams? Margarito? Quintana? Be serious now. No way Floyd is staying at 154. I seriously doubt it.

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 02:11 AM
You sound like a fan. A big one.

Cotto is the man to beat at Welterweight. Is Floyd gonna stay at 154? I don't think so? Is he gonna move to 140? I don't think so? Is he gonna retire? Ok then retire. Why fight De La Hoya? Floyd doesn't need to fight De la Hoya.

Cotto can possibly beat Floyd. This is boxing. Im pretty sure you know that by now, when Quintana shocked the Paul Williams fanatics.

Don't even let me bring up the Castillo fight. Cotto has a chance at winning. You acting like Floyd is a fighter with enough raw power (Shane Mosleys, Judah, Torres) to even KO Cotto like that. The fight would be close. Ya know it. Ya Floyd fans make me laugh. Who wants to see a Floyd Vs De La Hoya rematch? Are you kidding me?

i rather see floyd vs oscar 2, 3, 4, and 5 over a cotto vs gomez a freaking reality tv contestant. As you can see you don't need power to win fights so to say floyd doesnt have power and the fight will be close for that reason is pretty ridiculous....have you heard of pernell whittaker? you sound like a big cotto fan if anything. Im a fan of the sport! i like several fighters i like several fighters over floyd. U have said some dumb things like "cotto is the man to beat at ww" lol "floyd doesnt have ko power to beat cotto" why do i even bother w/you. its very obvious who the man is at 147 if you cant see that then you need to take your puerto rican glasses off.

Undefeated
02-15-2008, 02:18 AM
i rather see floyd vs oscar 2, 3, 4, and 5 over a cotto vs gomez a freaking reality tv contestant. As you can see you don't need power to win fights so to say floyd doesnt have power and the fight will be close for that reason is pretty ridiculous....have you heard of pernell whittaker? you sound like a big cotto fan if anything. Im a fan of the sport! i like several fighters i like several fighters over floyd. U have said some dumb things like "cotto is the man to beat at ww" lol "floyd doesnt have ko power to beat cotto" why do i even bother w/you. its very obvious who the man is at 147 if you cant see that then you need to take your puerto rican glasses off.

I love my Puerto Rican glasses. You're dumb. I was basing on what you're family (Floyd fan) were saying. "Oooh Floyd will KO Cotto no doubt" That's what ya all say. Im a fan of the sport. I love boxing. Its people like you who **** it up. How is saying Cotto is the man to beat at WW dumb? Who else is there? Dumbass? Name someone greater than Cotto at WW that Floyd should fight? Name ONE! :nonono:

Take Floyd's balls out your eyes. Why should I bother with you? You don't know what the **** you talking about.

FAN!

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 02:24 AM
Your logic is ****. You're saying to fight a fighter you've beaten decisivly (De La Puta) is better than fighting the number one fighter right now? Are you serious? Who else is Cotto gonna fight? Williams? Margarito? Quintana? Be serious now. No way Floyd is staying at 154. I seriously doubt it.

no one ever said floyd is staying at 154 why do you say that? floyd takes the risk and goes up in weight to fight dlh. he never said he plans on staying there. and like i said i rather see floyd vs oscar then cotto vs gomez. dlh is 20 times more of a threat then gomez is.

NAPO
02-15-2008, 02:26 AM
is this guy saying floyd is an all time great?? GTFO,

he does not need cotto??? perhaps u are not around or read on the boxing world too much .

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 02:27 AM
I love my Puerto Rican glasses. You're dumb. I was basing on what you're family (Floyd fan) were saying. "Oooh Floyd will KO Cotto no doubt" That's what ya all say. Im a fan of the sport. I love boxing. Its people like you who **** it up. How is saying Cotto is the man to beat at WW dumb? Who else is there? Dumbass? Name someone greater than Cotto at WW that Floyd should fight? Name ONE! :nonono:

Take Floyd's balls out your eyes. Why should I bother with you? You don't know what the **** you talking about.

FAN!

i never said floyd will ko cotto so stop trying to throw in made up opinions. plus cotto has already showed us you dont need power punches to make him do the chicken dance :kiss: and your confusing yourself. your saying cotto is the man to beat at ww but your forgeting there is another fighter by the name of floyd that is a ww as well. so who is the fighter to beat at ww cotto or floyd??

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 02:32 AM

he does not need cotto??? perhaps u are not around or need on the boxing worlds too much .

i dont know much about boxing. I've watched boxing my whole life. I fought in the amateurs dont tell me i dont know boxing. You guys will always find an opponent to throw at floyd. what the **** does cotto bring that will give floyd trouble?????? floyd has been through it all. cotto is nothing new nothing special. you wont even find a fight where you see floyd hurt even after constantly moving up in weight. cotto has been hurt several times by average punches. cotto will get his chin rocked against margarito lets see what the cotto fans have to say then. but ill let you pretend that cotto is the man too beat. im sure everyone would rather beat cotto over floyd. :smashfrea

Undefeated
02-15-2008, 02:35 AM
i never said floyd will ko cotto so stop trying to throw in made up opinions. plus cotto has already showed us you dont need power punches to make him do the chicken dance :kiss: and your confusing yourself. your saying cotto is the man to beat at ww but your forgeting there is another fighter by the name of floyd that is a ww as well. so who is the fighter to beat at ww cotto or floyd??

Im sorry? Who you speak of? Chicken dance? Corley? Ooh he caught Mayweather too. That's a stupid thing to bring up?:ugh:

Floyd is not at 147. When he fights there again that's diffrent. Cotto is the man to beat at 147, cause Floyd won't fight anyone else besides De La Hoya.

Cotto Vs Gomez? Ok...

Floyd Vs Baldimor? Why? (The the title we all knew who was going to win) Floyd Vs Judah? Even after he lost? Why?
Floyd Vs De La Hoya 2? Why? Diffrent trainers, underwears?? oooh wow. Why?

Who else wants to fight Cotto?
Cintron? Injured
Clottey? Don't know what's wrong with him, should have made that fight tho
Margarito? Feening for a big fight
Williams? Got schooled by Cotto's student.

Gomez came off an impressive win :rolleyes: , just like Mayweather did. Gatti. Then fought Tackie. Fighting past prime people like someone I know. :bottle:

I think he should get a shot. People deserve them. I think Cotto Deserves a shot at Floyd.

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 02:39 AM

he does not need cotto??? perhaps u are not around or read on the boxing world too much .and never did i say floyd is an atg so quit trying to make up **** like your buddy. but he is a hell of alot closer to it then cotto is or will be lol

Undefeated
02-15-2008, 02:40 AM
i dont know much about boxing. I've watched boxing my whole life. I fought in the amateurs dont tell me i dont know boxing. You guys will always find an opponent to throw at floyd. what the **** does cotto bring that will give floyd trouble?????? floyd has been through it all. cotto is nothing new nothing special. you wont even find a fight where you see floyd hurt even after constantly moving up in weight. cotto has been hurt several times by average punches. cotto will get his chin rocked against margarito lets see what the cotto fans have to say then. but ill let you pretend that cotto is the man too beat. im sure everyone would rather beat cotto over floyd. :smashfrea

You should go back to the amateurs. You probaly sucked at that aswell as your boxing knowledge sucks.

Cotto got hit with an equillibrum shot. You say you know boxing right? Who wouldn't be damaged from a shot like that? Ok there buddy.

Cotto took flush shots from Torres,Mosley,Judah and got rocked but ain't go down. Torres via push, after all them hard shots accumalated. Bro. Stop worrying about Cotto fighting other people. That's not what's being spoken about. Its about Floyd not giving the man at 147 (Number 1) a shot. That's it.

mboricua707
02-15-2008, 02:42 AM
We all know PBF is the most skilled boxer in the sport, P4P the best. Every fighter has that 1 fighter that would give him problems. Shane had Forest, Oscar had Shane, Forest had Mayorga and ect.... you guys get the point. Cotto has gone from being a robotic contender to a top-tier boxing attraction. He is relentless. Hit him once, and he'll nail you twice. He was rocked by Juda and Shane, both harder punchers than PBF and he was wobbled, but the man came right back to pressure both of them. Cotto is a smarter than average pressure fighter, has decent power in both hands and can wear an opponent down with crippling body shots. He has a style that just might beat Floyed. With fighters with soft hads like Floyed who can't hurt him, he'll just walk right in and bang away with good results. PBF is one of those fighters that did not carry his KO power up from a lighter class, so to say he would KO Cotto is out of the ? He would have to fight cotto like he fought Carlos B. Stick and move and never and I mean never get caught on the ropes or stand toe 2 toe. Floyed would have to fight the perfect fight to beat Cotto, but it could be done. I don't think Floyed is scared of Cotto, but I do think that it might be in the back of his mind that Cotto might be the fighter that just throwes his game off like Forest did to Shane, Shane did to Oscar and Mayorga did to Forest.

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 02:44 AM
Im sorry? Who you speak of? Chicken dance? Corley? Ooh he caught Mayweather too. That's a stupid thing to bring up?:ugh:

Floyd is not at 147. When he fights there again that's diffrent. Cotto is the man to beat at 147, cause Floyd won't fight anyone else besides De La Hoya.

Cotto Vs Gomez? Ok...

Floyd Vs Baldimor? Why? (The the title we all knew who was going to win) Floyd Vs Judah? Even after he lost? Why?
Floyd Vs De La Hoya 2? Why? Diffrent trainers, underwears?? oooh wow. Why?

Who else wants to fight Cotto?
Cintron? Injured
Clottey? Don't know what's wrong with him, should have made that fight tho
Margarito? Feening for a big fight
Williams? Got schooled by Cotto's student.

Gomez came off an impressive win :rolleyes: , just like Mayweather did. Gatti. Then fought Tackie. Fighting past prime people like someone I know. :bottle:

I think he should get a shot. People deserve them. I think Cotto Deserves a shot at Floyd.

i never said he didnt deserve a shot. but your bringing up some stupid opinions that i wont even bother with. dude i hope floyd does fight cotto just to shut people up. even though judah lost to baldi he lost because he was unprepared but judah was still the man and really the only guy that matches up good with floyd. floyd faught baldi for the the belts. belts mean the world in this sport. i guess you havent noticed that. belts do wonders for you. Cotto has margarito to worry about because if they meet in the summer cottos chin and will is going to be tested like never before.

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 02:47 AM
You should go back to the amateurs. You probaly sucked at that aswell as your boxing knowledge sucks.

Cotto got hit with an equillibrum shot. You say you know boxing right? Who wouldn't be damaged from a shot like that? Ok there buddy.

Cotto took flush shots from Torres,Mosley,Judah and got rocked but ain't go down. Torres via push, after all them hard shots accumalated. Bro. Stop worrying about Cotto fighting other people. That's not what's being spoken about. Its about Floyd not giving the man at 147 (Number 1) a shot. That's it.

no my friend its about what the thread started stated "cotto is the man to beat at ww" and that is not true floyd is. and cotto got hit with an equilibrium shtt?? lol you cant even spell it right. and what shot are you talking about he has been wobbled many of times lol judah buckled him seems like everytime he landed an uppercut lmao.

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 02:52 AM
We all know PBF is the most skilled boxer in the sport, P4P the best. Every fighter has that 1 fighter that would give him problems. Shane had Forest, Oscar had Shane, Forest had Mayorga and ect.... you guys get the point. Cotto has gone from being a robotic contender to a top-tier boxing attraction. He is relentless. Hit him once, and he'll nail you twice. He was rocked by Juda and Shane, both harder punchers than PBF and he was wobbled, but the man came right back to pressure both of them. Cotto is a smarter than average pressure fighter, has decent power in both hands and can wear an opponent down with crippling body shots. He has a style that just might beat Floyed. With fighters with soft hads like Floyed who can't hurt him, he'll just walk right in and bang away with good results. PBF is one of those fighters that did not carry his KO power up from a lighter class, so to say he would KO Cotto is out of the ? He would have to fight cotto like he fought Carlos B. Stick and move and never and I mean never get caught on the ropes or stand toe 2 toe. Floyed would have to fight the perfect fight to beat Cotto, but it could be done. I don't think Floyed is scared of Cotto, but I do think that it might be in the back of his mind that Cotto might be the fighter that just throwes his game off like Forest did to Shane, Shane did to Oscar and Mayorga did to Forest.
dont forget to put in he got hurt bad by a 130 torrez :kiss:

Undefeated
02-15-2008, 02:56 AM
no my friend its about what the thread started stated "cotto is the man to beat at ww" and that is not true floyd is. and cotto got hit with an equilibrium shtt?? lol you cant even spell it right. and what shot are you talking about he has been wobbled many of times lol judah buckled him seems like everytime he landed an uppercut lmao.

You don't even want to start with spelling. Your grammar is poor bro. What did you search the right way to spell it? What are you? 15?

Proves on how Cotto can take a shot right? Hes not the greatest fighter out there, but you know Cotto got a hard head. No one was able to stop him. It worrys alot of people out there. Cottos has that style that causes nightmares. Best of believe it.

Undefeated
02-15-2008, 02:58 AM
dont forget to put in he got hurt bad by a 130 torrez :kiss:

and you say you know about boxing? Lol you make me laugh.

Im no longer gonna even bother with you. Its like im talking to an infant. You're probaly like 27 or some****. Go to english class. 101.

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 03:04 AM
You don't even want to start with spelling. Your grammar is poor bro. What did you search the right way to spell it? What are you? 15?

Proves on how Cotto can take a shot right? Hes not the greatest fighter out there, but you know Cotto got a hard head. No one was able to stop him. It worrys alot of people out there. Cottos has that style that causes nightmares. Best of believe it.

we'll see if the same can be said after a margarito fight.

mboricua707
02-15-2008, 03:05 AM
It was at 140 and Cotto came back to KO him. You say Zab was the man to give Floyed his hardest fight and yea he won by points, but I never seen Zab take an ass kicking like the one Cotto gave him. and please don't say he was able to do this after Floyed got done with him because floyed never hurt Zab in that fight was knocked down by Zab, but was called a slip. When Zab fought Cotto he did rock him, but in the end was "KNOCKED DOWN and OUT and was never able to recover.

Undefeated
02-15-2008, 03:08 AM
we'll see if the same can be said after a margarito fight.

Cotto is just gonna have to wipe out the whole WW division.

Cause Floyd will never give him a chance.

Let Floyd retire. Im sure Cotto will make his own legacy as he moves up. His resume will look better than Floyds.

He will beat the men, who people thought would beat Floyd. That enough speaks for itself in the future for when people ask who Miguel Cotto was.

The terminator! :kiss:

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 03:08 AM

and you say you know about boxing? Lol you make me laugh.

Im no longer gonna even bother with you. Its like im talking to an infant. You're probaly like 27 or some****. Go to english class. 101.

so because i got the weights mixed up i need an english class??? for your info im 25 and finished college. im not no teenager like yourself. but go ahead and tell yourself cotto is a bigger win for somebody then floyd is. have a good night

Undefeated
02-15-2008, 03:11 AM
so because i got the weights mixed up i need an english class??? for your info im 25 and finished college. im not no teenager like yourself. but go ahead and tell yourself cotto is a bigger win for somebody then floyd is. have a good night

Lol you graduated college and your grammar is poor like that? Wow.

Yea you need EN101. You said I could'nt spell so yea. So be it. You're gonna cry?

Cotto is a bigger win for somebody then Floyd is? I never said that? WTF? :nonono:

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 03:19 AM
Lol you graduated college and your grammar is poor like that? Wow.

Yea you need EN101. You said I could'nt spell so yea. So be it. You're gonna cry?

Cotto is a bigger win for somebody then Floyd is? I never said that? WTF? :nonono:

yeah i graduated two years ago and i dont go worrying about what my typing like on internet forums lol. and this thread is about cotto beaing the guy to beat at ww.

monkeyboy
02-15-2008, 05:24 AM
Floyd's a great fighter. But....

In retrospect 5 years from now if Cotto has a fantastic record (and it's really shaping up nicely) and Floyd never fought him it will support the 'cherrypicking' theories that have followed him for the latter stages of his career.

Floyd seems to have already decided that money is more important than legacy and that's fine. But look at every great fighter from the past we talk about. We say 'Leonard, wow he fought Hearns, Hagler and Duran'.
We don't say 'Leonard, wow he made some big money'.
We additionally don't rate Marciano as best heavyweight of all time (or even close) despite having an unbeaten record.

There's no doubt that Floyd is 'A' great. None at all.

Unfortunately he told me (and everyone else) he was 'The Greatest' and he isn't.

SOTO
02-15-2008, 05:53 AM
The only thing that matters here is that May has to fight Cotto so he can call him self the BEST. Remember just because cotto is fighting Gomez does not mean that he is looking for a easy fight look at some of mayweather's fights...

Baldomir, Bruseles, Mitchelle, manfreddie, ect

VegasDude702
02-15-2008, 06:20 AM
The only thing that matters here is that May has to fight Cotto so he can call him self the BEST. Remember just because cotto is fighting Gomez does not mean that he is looking for a easy fight look at some of mayweather's fights...

Baldomir, Bruseles, Mitchelle, manfreddie, ect

Can you tell me who was the top contenders at the times of those fights??

Baldomir - late 2006

Bruseles - early 2005

Gatti was in between these two fights..

Mitchell - late 2005

Manfredy - late 1998???

El Chicano
02-15-2008, 06:35 AM

Yep............

VegasDude702
02-15-2008, 06:38 AM
Yep............

i think it would be a bigger achievement as well seeing how its who EVERYONE sees him needing to fight. If Floyd can handle that, i don't think anyone should talk anymore, and thats the achievement within itself.

NAPO
02-15-2008, 12:12 PM
and never did i say floyd is an atg so quit trying to make up **** like your buddy. but he is a hell of alot closer to it then cotto is or will be lol

5 division champ= weak opposition please man oscar de la hoya is and 6 division champion fought better competition although he lost his most important ones and he's not considers not even a top 20 all time great.

floyd has had weak opposition.

NAPO
02-15-2008, 12:17 PM

ok..............amateurs...yeah.

no there is not cotto is the Big Name of all welters.

cotto is a boxer who adapts to styles i think u have seen him throughout his 12 title defenses.

and plus he could get stunt or whatever u want to make up but what happens to his opponents at the end either ko or a L.

and please lets not forget about mayweather's enemy the left jab.

what about margarito he' sorry i get pissed off because he has been losing around three times in title fights and because of arum he still on the map i'll bet u quintana outboxes the crap out of margarito. margarito is too wide.

Sin City
02-15-2008, 12:28 PM
there is wayy more weight classes now then there was back in the day so don't be to flattered with Mayweathers 5 dif. weight classes. I'm positive many of the older champs could have done the same if there was as many classes then then theres is now. Also how many belts you have don't mean **** when your fighting the weakest champs who have belts. **** even Gatti had a belt. It's WHO you fight.. quality not quantity. This is the reason why Mayweather will never be top 20 of all time with the way he's going.

BTW Roberto Duran also heald titles in 5 different weight classes and so did Leonard..

JHAVIS
02-15-2008, 12:55 PM
there is wayy more weight classes now then there was back in the day so don't be to flattered with Mayweathers 5 dif. weight classes. I'm positive many of the older champs could have done the same if there was as many classes then then theres is now. Also how many belts you have don't mean **** when your fighting the weakest champs who have belts. **** even Gatti had a belt. It's WHO you fight.. quality not quantity. This is the reason why Mayweather will never be top 20 of all time with the way he's going.

BTW Roberto Duran also heald titles in 5 different weight classes and so did Leonard..

man get out of here, everyone floyd fought was suppose to give him problems or defeat him. many thought gatti was going to test him but we all saw what happened, he was destroyed. how in the hell did the weak champs get belts? in other words, you're saying floyd fought weak champs his entire career. you guys kill me with your hate on mayweather. he will become an all time great, top 20 like it or not. he have great boxers now saying he is the best in this decade.

Sin City
02-15-2008, 01:03 PM
man get out of here, everyone floyd fought was suppose to give him problems or defeat him. many thought gatti was going to test him but we all saw what happened, he was destroyed. how in the hell did the weak champs get belts? in other words, you're saying floyd fought weak champs his entire career. you guys kill me with your hate on mayweather. he will become an all time great, top 20 like it or not. he have great boxers now saying he is the best in this decade.
because everyone "thinks" something doesn't make it true. Everyone thought the world was flat once apon a time.. but guess what? It's round!
I'm not saying he has fought the weakest his whole career but recently.

you know damn well the only people who were giving Gatti a chance were his die hard fans and some italians! so stop with the bull****.

Yeah, Baldomir, a journeyman, was the greatest @ the time, so was Judah and Gatti!

Henry Bruseles, Sharmba Michelle, and DeMarcus corley are the second coming of Robinson!

Please dude.. you get out of here. It's obvious your a stan.

JHAVIS
02-15-2008, 01:22 PM
because everyone "thinks" something doesn't make it true. Everyone thought the world was flat once apon a time.. but guess what? It's round!
I'm not saying he has fought the weakest his whole career but recently.

you know damn well the only people who were giving Gatti a chance were his die hard fans and some italians! so stop with the bull****.

Yeah, Baldomir, a journeyman, was the greatest @ the time, so was Judah and Gatti!

Henry Bruseles, Sharmba Michelle, and DeMarcus corley are the second coming of Robinson!

Please dude.. you get out of here. It's obvious your a stan.

retard, i know what everyone says doesnt make it true.i recall boxing commentators and boxers themselves saying gatti was going to test floyd. why dont you name all the other boxers he fought instead of choosing ones that you consider to be bums. you can go to everyones resume,pick and choose guys you consider to be bums.you sound like the biggest hater on the planet. why dont you try to become a fan of the sport and less of a hater. i like cotto,floyd...etc...but to try to discredit what the guy has done is crazy. you get the hell out of here!

Sin City
02-15-2008, 01:32 PM
retard, i know what everyone says doesnt make it true.i recall boxing commentators and boxers themselves saying gatti was going to test floyd. why dont you name all the other boxers he fought instead of choosing ones that you consider to be bums. you can go to everyones resume,pick and choose guys you consider to be bums.you sound like the biggest hater on the planet. why dont you try to become a fan of the sport and less of a hater. i like cotto,floyd...etc...but to try to discredit what the guy has done is crazy. you get the hell out of here!
I wasn't just picking random names of his record.. I said everyone since he was in the light welter divison.. I forgot Victoriano Sosa though, who's a nobody too.
Then De La Hoya was 2-2 if you coun't the Sturm win as a actual win, if not 1-3 in his last 4 fights not to mention mostly inactive for the last couple years.
Only decent win was Hatton because he was one of the top 10 P4P at the time.

Anyway, funny how you attack me for supposedly trying to discredit Mayweather, when really I'm just stating facts.. but you told nothing to your boy rogelio who was trying to discredit Cotto, and that's the reason I made the post.

No use arguing with stans though.
You believe Floyd's **** smells like flowers.. yes we get it, we got the message the first time.

JHAVIS
02-15-2008, 01:46 PM
I wasn't just picking random names of his record.. I said everyone since he was in the light welter divison.. I forgot Victoriano Sosa though, who's a nobody too.
Then De La Hoya was 2-2 if you coun't the Sturm win as a actual win, if not 1-3 in his last 4 fights not to mention mostly inactive for the last couple years.

Anyway, funny how you attack me for supposedly trying to discredit Mayweather, when really I'm just stating facts.. but you told nothing to your boy rogelio who was trying to discredit Cotto, and that's the reason I made the post.

You believe Floyd's **** smells like flowers.. yes we get it, we got the message the first time.

it wasnt an attack, i said "i dont see how anyone could discedit what the guy has done and that he will be an all time great". you starting blasting me calling me a "stan" whatever the **** that is. then you say i think floyd **** must smell like flowers..funny. i dont give a **** about dude but its crazy for people to say he's avoiding this guy,that guy or hes only fighting bums but when their favorite fighter fights that same bum,an old fighter or a nobody they get a pass. im a fan of the sport homie. fact is, mayweather will become an all time great. call me what you wanna.... im just stating facts. PEACE!

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 01:48 PM
It was at 140 and Cotto came back to KO him. You say Zab was the man to give Floyed his hardest fight and yea he won by points, but I never seen Zab take an ass kicking like the one Cotto gave him. and please don't say he was able to do this after Floyed got done with him because floyed never hurt Zab in that fight was knocked down by Zab, but was called a slip. When Zab fought Cotto he did rock him, but in the end was "KNOCKED DOWN and OUT and was never able to recover.

another guy making up stuff. I never said zab was floyds toughest fight come on dude pay attention. i said zab is or was the fighter that best matched up with floyd and you seen what floyd did with that.

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 01:51 PM
Yep............

lmao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smashfrea

Allucard
02-15-2008, 02:02 PM

They won't listen. They only make these threads trying to bait Mayweather into a fight he doesn't need. Pathetic attempts.

Allucard
02-15-2008, 02:05 PM

What my brother said. Get the **** out of here cum. OUT! We don't need no haters specially you.

pabcs
02-15-2008, 02:16 PM

you obviously lack plain and basic common sense. mayweather has accomplished nothing above 140. NOTHING. he accomplished very little at 135. the only legacy he has is at 130. if this man wasnt afraid to fight the best he would already have lost his perfect record and you wouldnt be hanging all over this mans nuts.

mboricua707
02-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Yea he won on points and a good win at that, but everyone said that Zab was going to KO Cotto and we all saw what Cotto did to him. Zab who I think hits harder than Floyed rocked Cotto but could not put him away. When you can't hurt Cotto he just punches your body until you quit or get KO. Floyed and Cotto could fight all the same fighter and Floyed would win on points where Cotto 9 times out of 10 would break his fighter down and "KO" them. He does more damage to a fighter than Floyed ever could and for the 2 best WW in the world not to fight is just cheating the fans out of something special. This fight has the chance to be the Duran vs Surgar 1 or 2 of the 80's . Fight would be a close one that would give boxing fans something to talk about for years to come.

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Yea he won on points and a good win at that, but everyone said that Zab was going to KO Cotto and we all saw what Cotto did to him. Zab who I think hits harder than Floyed rocked Cotto but could not put him away. When you can't hurt Cotto he just punches your body until you quit or get KO. Floyed and Cotto could fight all the same fighter and Floyed would win on points where Cotto 9 times out of 10 would break his fighter down and "KO" them. He does more damage to a fighter than Floyed ever could and for the 2 best WW in the world not to fight is just cheating the fans out of something special. This fight has the chance to be the Duran vs Surgar 1 or 2 of the 80's . Fight would be a close one that would give boxing fans something to talk about for years to come.

you act like cotto is such a great techniqual fighter with great skill that he is just going to break down mayweather and knock him out lol. Cotto would have nightmares trying to land on floyd. floyd might be the best defensive fighter in history along with pernel. cotto is a freakin counter fest heaven for floyd.

Sin City
02-15-2008, 02:49 PM
it wasnt an attack, i said "i dont see how anyone could discedit what the guy has done and that he will be an all time great". you starting blasting me calling me a "stan" whatever the **** that is. then you say i think floyd **** must smell like flowers..funny. i dont give a **** about dude but its crazy for people to say he's avoiding this guy,that guy or hes only fighting bums but when their favorite fighter fights that same bum,an old fighter or a nobody they get a pass. im a fan of the sport homie. fact is, mayweather will become an all time great. call me what you wanna.... im just stating facts. PEACE!
maybe so.. but he won't be top 20.

Sin City
02-15-2008, 02:51 PM
You know, they said he wouldn't get passed Zab.. he did it.
They said Mosley had his ticket, He didn't.
Zab also knocked down Mayweather, though he rocked Cotto he never went down.

Allucard
02-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Cotto won't break anyone who knows how to fight an inside fight. People seem to forget how Mayweather stopped Hatton from breaking him. YOU TIE EM UP. I would love to see Cotto's fans crying the ref should break them up give more warinings to PBF but the fight won' prolly happen. After Oscar Floyd will retire and become a promoter. Then he's gonna kick Bob Arum Out of the game. That's the one acomplishment i wanna see Floyd do as a promoter. fighters should own boxing, not racist suits.

mboricua707
02-15-2008, 03:04 PM
Floyed seems to be your fighter, and that being said you as a fan should what your fighter to fight the best out there. right now Cotto is the best WW for Floyed to fight. If Floyed can beat Cotto why wont he make the fight happen. There is big money in this fight, and I would dare to say more than an Oscar Floyed 2. When you have 2 great fighters with huge followings and both have a 0 on thier recored the fight sells itself, and it would be a huge PPV. Look what the Tito and Oscar fight did and I would say that this fight would double that one.

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 03:10 PM
you obviously lack plain and basic common sense. mayweather has accomplished nothing above 140. NOTHING. he accomplished very little at 135. the only legacy he has is at 130. if this man wasnt afraid to fight the best he would already have lost his perfect record and you wouldnt be hanging all over this mans nuts.

Roy jones jr got ko'd twice made me pissed off after the 3rd tarver fight yet i have liked him just as much as i ever have. I been a fan of this sport for a long time. for you too say floyd hasn't done much past 130 is just plain stupid. I guess your retarded logic goes for cotto as well since he is undefeated and if he wasnt afraid to fight the best he would have lost his perfect record. Let me guess you were also crying for floyd to fight pw because floyd will lose to him right? If you really think floyd has done nothing about 130 then im sorry but your the one that lacks plain and basic common sense along with knowledge of the sport. now what has cotto done again to make him this great superstar that floyd is scared of???? floyd resume is 100 x's better then cotto and if you were to deny that then you need watch ufc or something. cotto's biggest wins are against and old mosley(which cotto had his hands full with) and a washed up judah that just about anybody can beat. get out of here wtf has cotto done again?????? was it the paul malg. fight that propelled him to the top??? or the urkal win???? cotto hasnt done **** so for a cotto fan to say floyd hasnt faught no one is lacking knowledge of the sport and is a hypocrite.

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Floyed seems to be your fighter, and that being said you as a fan should what your fighter to fight the best out there. right now Cotto is the best WW for Floyed to fight. If Floyed can beat Cotto why wont he make the fight happen. There is big money in this fight, and I would dare to say more than an Oscar Floyed 2. When you have 2 great fighters with huge followings and both have a 0 on thier recored the fight sells itself, and it would be a huge PPV. Look what the Tito and Oscar fight did and I would say that this fight would double that one.

floyd isnt in my top 5 but i love watching him fight you cant see floyd fight and not admire his talent and dedication he brings to the sport. Quit crying about a cotto fight cotto is the maybe the toughest opponent right now but that's not saying much there will always be a "currently" toughest match up for everyone. I said it before i hope floyd does fight cotto so then everyone can shut up, but you guys are all set to hate floyd for no reason so if he beats cotto then another name is going to pop up that you guy will say floyd is scared of.

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 03:17 PM

and to correct you, you do have some good inputs but cotto does not have a huge following. cotto is not a huge name. there is a reason why he only fights in new york and on the day before the puerto rican parade. It's all facts cotto's ppv dont do big numbers. floyd vs baldy did a hell of alot more buys then cotto vs judah and mosley. shoot two old fighters in jones and tito ran laps around cotto ppv numbers. hate to tell you but outside new york and puerto rico cotto doesnt have a large following.

mboricua707
02-15-2008, 03:26 PM
floyd isnt in my top 5 but i love watching him fight you cant see floyd fight and not admire his talent and dedication he brings to the sport. Quit crying about a cotto fight cotto is the maybe the toughest opponent right now but that's not saying much there will always be a "currently" toughest match up for everyone. I said it before i hope floyd does fight cotto so then everyone can shut up, but you guys are all set to hate floyd for no reason so if he beats cotto then another name is going to pop up that you guy will say floyd is scared of.Never said PBF was scared of any fighter. He is the most talented fighter I have ever saw and I have been around boxing along time (30yrs) Floyed is not scared of Cotto but I do think that in the back of his mind there might be that what if ? Could Cotto be the fighter that Mosley was to Oscar, Forest to Mosley or Mayorga to Forest. All fighter have that one fighter who skills are less than theirs, but for some reason gives them problems. Floyed is to flashy and smart to get in the ring with a fighter that might show that he is not as great as he thinks he is.

SOTO
02-15-2008, 04:21 PM
cotto vs mayweather needs to happend in 2008

Run
02-15-2008, 05:00 PM
lol the Pick against Cotto theme doesn't apply to the two cases.

Cotto fans keep stating: "They doubt Cotto, hell look how they picked Judah to knock him out.........it never happened."

Right, that's Zabdiel Judah not Floyd Mayweather.

Floyd is 1000 x the fighter Judah ever dreamed of being.

kenshin112
02-15-2008, 06:27 PM
Cotto is quality Nuff said
can he beat mayweather we shall see but i aint doubting cottos ability for even a second

BigDog9
02-15-2008, 07:32 PM
i would say so yea becuz now is dominating. i mean floyd doesnt want to fight. all he cares is about money, and thats his pride unlike cotto where boxing is all he cares as u can see he dont care bout money juss put him in front of anybody and he will fight no matter wat u going to pay him, true story

Easy-E
02-15-2008, 08:09 PM
Floyd is the man to beat.
Not Cotto.

ANDROID_DOES
02-15-2008, 09:38 PM
Never said PBF was scared of any fighter. He is the most talented fighter I have ever saw and I have been around boxing along time (30yrs) Floyed is not scared of Cotto but I do think that in the back of his mind there might be that what if ? Could Cotto be the fighter that Mosley was to Oscar, Forest to Mosley or Mayorga to Forest. All fighter have that one fighter who skills are less than theirs, but for some reason gives them problems. Floyed is to flashy and smart to get in the ring with a fighter that might show that he is not as great as he thinks he is.

I can respect that but in reality non of use know what a fighter actually thinks. I highly doubt though that any fighter at this level would think that they're going into a fight and might lose. The biggest underdog has all the confidence in the world that they will beat the opponent.

alexsilver90
02-25-2008, 09:22 PM
other den mayweather he is. cotto looked great vs mosley