View Full Version : lunges

Nacho_Analstain
02-13-2008, 05:35 AM
are they supposed to be abit hard to get the hang of if you haven't done them in training before, or am i just ****? :lol1:

branagan
02-13-2008, 07:35 AM
they shouldnt be too difficult, do them slow with little or no weight until you get the hang of it

Detroit101
02-13-2008, 08:55 AM
you may have difficulty because lunges make you use the stabalizer muscles in your core to keep balance.....core strength is esential, especially if you are using weights with them....keep going though, you will get better with time....hopefully

DutchDynamite
02-13-2008, 11:19 AM
they are the best!

start with out weight till you get the hang of it.

Nacho_Analstain
02-13-2008, 11:50 AM
yeh its not the weight im having trouble with, more the correct way to do it and the balance, ill keep tryin :boxing:

Detroit101
02-13-2008, 12:21 PM
yeh its not the weight im having trouble with, more the correct way to do it and the balance, ill keep tryin :boxing:

once you get your balance down you could try plyometric lunges....get into the lunge position with your right foot in front and touch your left knee to the ground, jump as high as possible, return to the start position and repeat...do 25 in a row and then switch to the left in front.....they are acually pretty hard to do but work well....

VBoxer
02-13-2008, 04:37 PM
lunges are a great leg exercise for boxing. i use light weight and i incorporate curls with them: when I stand back up, I curl the weight. use low weight and high reps....

phallus
02-14-2008, 02:17 AM

just do it like u'd snatch a purse, chavva

Nacho_Analstain
02-14-2008, 03:39 AM
just do it like u'd snatch a purse, chavva

wearing a thong? **** that

msagrain
02-14-2008, 01:17 PM
your just **** :lol1:

Rob Pilger
02-15-2008, 09:46 AM
You have to know how to progress lunges my friend. You can't just hop right into dynamic lunges if that's what your doing. Start with static. Just lunging straight up and done without switching feet, then progress to a backwards dynamic lunge where you actually move and alternate between left and right, then you can move to front dynamic lunge, then to walking lunge, then to multi directional lunge. There is less kinetic energy produced with the backward lunge because you don't have to decelerate like you do in the forward lunge. Build a strength base with static lunges then micro progress.

Be sure to have the ankle shoulder width apart when lunging so you don't have any medial knee tracking issues ( your knee falling in while lunging ) alignment/technique is proper with shoulder width lunge. Have the back knee touch while lunging and keep the shin at 90 degrees at first after six weeks you can get a bit more knee flexion at the bottom position then.

Rob Pilger
http://www.boxingperformance.com
http://www.theultimateboxingworkout.com/fighters.html