View Full Version : Wrapping Hands

VBoxer
02-13-2008, 04:07 AM
What is the most effective way to wrap your hands?

(.....details or a video.)

mgkirkpatrick
02-13-2008, 04:22 AM
got a good video of this on the net.. probably youtube when i was wondering

i go with three layers around my wrist
three layers around my knuckles
a layer between each of my knuckles
one layer around my thumb
then i re-do my knuckles
and finish with the wrist

lilaznjoker
02-13-2008, 05:34 AM
the way i was taught was to instead of using the loop around your thumb, i fold it like 3 times a little longer than knuckles length and then i start by wrapping it around my knuckles 3 times then my wrist once then around my thumb then wrist twice. so basically wrist three times but wrap thumb once in between. then i go in between the fingers and then i wrap around the knuckles couple more times then end at wrist.

Count Patron
02-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Wrap away from your body.

Unanimous
02-13-2008, 11:22 AM

I found this site when looking for the same thing. Really helped me out and they have five different methods. Check it out:

http://www.boxinggyms.com/tips/handwraps.htm

Soonerfan8149
02-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Youtube has the best videos for that

kenny91
02-13-2008, 03:39 PM
i cheat.

i use padded inner gloves ... lonsdale ones to be exact :S

kryo
02-13-2008, 04:20 PM

It's called joining a gym and learning from a trainer.

VBoxer
02-13-2008, 04:24 PM
It's called joining a gym and learning from a trainer.

thanks ..... DICK!

its called: a general question

kenny91
02-13-2008, 07:57 PM
u dont need a trainer to tell u how to wrap u can pretty much wrap it how u like and if he was to go to a trainer the trainer would probably wrap it any old way.

read the question knobhead.... "What is the most effective way to wrap your hands?" he just wanted a bit of help ye? bit of feedback.
so dont be a ****. if u dont wanna help him -dont post. a ridiculous comment like ur own is just timewastin on ur behalf.

Count Patron
02-13-2008, 09:12 PM
u dont need a trainer to tell u how to wrap u can pretty much wrap it how u like and if he was to go to a trainer the trainer would probably wrap it any old way.

read the question knobhead.... "What is the most effective way to wrap your hands?" he just wanted a bit of help ye? bit of feedback.
so dont be a ****. if u dont wanna help him -dont post. a ridiculous comment like ur own is just timewastin on ur behalf.

Please do not give advice on something so important as wrapping your hands if you do not know what you are talking about. You absolutely can not just wrap it "anyway you feel like" and not get injured.

Count Patron
02-13-2008, 09:13 PM
thanks ..... DICK!

its called: a general question

He could of said it nicer, but he is correct... you can't learn how to wrap from just watching a video or someone telling you. You need to have someone who knows how to do it, do it for you.. so you FEEL what proper wrapping feels like, then try it yourself while he watches you to make sure you did it right.

mgkirkpatrick
02-13-2008, 09:32 PM
He could of said it nicer, but he is correct... you can't learn how to wrap from just watching a video or someone telling you. You need to have someone who knows how to do it, do it for you.. so you FEEL what proper wrapping feels like, then try it yourself while he watches you to make sure you did it right.

i got the basic idea off the net and then tweaked it as i liked through trial and error. i'd prefer to do it myself than hold out my hands for a trainer.

kenny91
02-13-2008, 09:44 PM
I meant he can wrap it however he feels like to an extent and to his own convenience. No point followin one persons way of wrappin up if it doesnt feel so comfortable for yourself.

for you information in response to "You absolutely can not just wrap it "anyway you feel like" and not get injured." ... Incomfortability can lead to injury. Theres not ONE way of wrapping and thats how everyones GOT to do it.
oh and heres a website to back my point http://www.boxinggyms.com/tips/handwraps.htm
theres different methods to fit different needs. so in a sense im right and i guess your kinda wrong :)

i suggest you study that website and then if you do not trust that website type 'handwrap instructions' in a search engine.

oh erm thanks for your response much appreciated :) :)

lilaznjoker
02-14-2008, 05:35 AM
soo... any feedback on mine? mines not the ones from the sites.

kryo
02-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Wrapping your hands incorrectly and having your fingers/knuckles get sprained/bruised/broken will leave you helpless for months.

Shut the **** up and don't tell him he can wrap it "ANY OLD WAY". You go to a gym to learn. A trainer is there to teach you. Learn from the ****ing trainer, because MOST trainers have been doing it for years.. obviously not yours if he never showed you how to ****ing wrap your hands.

Elementary level **** boys, elementary level ****.

kenny91
02-14-2008, 10:10 PM
Dude shut up...

the original question was 'What is the most effective way to wrap?' rather than 'how do you wrap?' so i figured he knows how to do it, but hes seeking a more comfortable method. now like i said before theres more than 1 method to go by and if he knows how to wrap anyways all he needs to bare in mind is the welfare of your key areas like your knuckles, wrist and joints to come up with his own method.

elementary **** mate, elementary ****.

-------

Anyways.... VBoxer you can go by this site its got plenty of tested and aproved methods - http://www.boxinggyms.com/tips/handwraps.htm

VBoxer
02-14-2008, 11:37 PM
thanks for everyones help. you guys must use longer wraps, bc when i try those methods from boxinggyms.com i don't have enough.

skilgannon
02-15-2008, 12:27 AM
many trainers have many different trainers have all types of ways to wrap and tape hands. Personally, nothing can beat the way I started wrapping (except a full fight taped hand). I use a 180 inch mexican wrap, go around the wrist and cross over the hands, then layer the wrap over my knuckles with like 4 folded layers and finish that with going around the hand then around the wrist to close. then I get another wrap (98 inch amateur wrap or mexican reusable gauze wrap is best) to go thorugh the fingers and wrist again to finish off. so you need 2 pairs of wraps, one that is 180 inch and another that is about 98-120 inch. I will provide video on it later.

VBoxer
02-15-2008, 03:23 AM
many trainers have many different trainers have all types of ways to wrap and tape hands. Personally, nothing can beat the way I started wrapping (except a full fight taped hand). I use a 180 inch mexican wrap, go around the wrist and cross over the hands, then layer the wrap over my knuckles with like 4 folded layers and finish that with going around the hand then around the wrist to close. then I get another wrap (98 inch amateur wrap or mexican reusable gauze wrap is best) to go thorugh the fingers and wrist again to finish off. so you need 2 pairs of wraps, one that is 180 inch and another that is about 98-120 inch. I will provide video on it later.

sounds good. ill be looking forward to that video