View Full Version : Order of workouts

boxing4ever
02-10-2008, 11:00 PM
What order do you guys train in when you get to the gym(boxing gym)?
My order is this, from start to finish
1st-wrap up
2nd-stretch out-5-10 minutes
3rd-jump rope-3 rounds
4th-shadowbox4 rounds
5th-no punches just move around the ring for a whole round
6th-spar atleast 3-5 rounds
7th-heavy bag 3 rounds
8th-mitt pads with coach 3 rounds
9th speed and double end bag 3 rounds each
10th-cool down

Kayo
02-11-2008, 01:43 AM
I hit mitts and the heavy bag before I spar.

moin126
02-11-2008, 06:23 AM
wrap
shadowbox
stretch
shadowbox
bag

-outside

rope
shadowbox
run

-inside again
bag
bag
push up/ sit up. 50/200
stretch
you can fill in the rounds yourself, it depends.

Tysonisgod
02-11-2008, 07:36 AM
Turn on music ;) lol

1-Warm up, run around the hall and do jumps and stuff jst to get a lttle sweat goin

2- Skippin for 4 rounds jst to get the blood goin and keep a heat

3- Shadow box for six rounds

4-Heavy bag for 6rounds

5-speed ball 2 rounds

6-mitts with one o the trainers for as many rounds as he says im doing

7- Spar if sparring or cool down n stretch, should never stretch before a work out because a worked muscle stretches more after a workout because the muscle has already broke n will be longer n easyer to stretch now....back to work :(

PunchDrunk
02-11-2008, 09:04 AM
My workouts vary too much to write them all up here. I (nearly) always follow the simple rule that the more technique based/focused (ie. mitts, sparring etc.), the earlier in the workout it should be placed.

mightymouse2k
02-11-2008, 09:13 AM
a) drink water
b) kit up
c) give out some friendly banter/abuse to my mates
d) talk to trainer
e) warm up (20 mins)
f) shadowboxing (3 - 6 rounds)
g) speedball ( 3 - 6 rounds) (i hate the speedball)
h) pad/focus mit work (for as long as the trainer tells me)
i) heavy bagwork (3 - 8 rounds depends if im sparring early or sparring at all)
j) sparring (as long as it takes)
k) rest and rehydrate
l) wait for feeling to come back in to my body (depending generally on how hard the sparring was)
m) give out some more friendly banter/abuse to my mates
n) go to the pub for a swift pint
o) go home

Ell
02-11-2008, 12:20 PM
My workout is more fitness related than boxing related. This is a simplified version of my workout:

Warm up
Jump rope 20-30 minutes
Shadow box a few rounds
Bodyweight exercises...chin ups(75-100) press ups(150) crunches (500)
Rest and rehydrate
Evening jog 4.5-8 kilometres.

AK-47
02-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Wrap up
Jump rope (warm up)
heavy bag (8 x 3 minute rounds, with 1 minute rests, each concentrating on different things e.g. footwork, jab etc)
Speed bag
Mittwork
Maybe some sparring after a short rest

moin126
02-11-2008, 03:17 PM
My workouts vary too much to write them all up here. I (nearly) always follow the simple rule that the more technique based/focused (ie. mitts, sparring etc.), the earlier in the workout it should be placed.

true that, technique based stuff, early in the exercise, or else you will trade off finely skilled movements for gross motion.

kenny91
02-11-2008, 03:57 PM
sort my iPod out firstly - pick out a sweet tunes for a playlist for example: Everyday im hustlin - rick ross, its a fight - 3/6 mafia, what u gonna do - lil jon etc etc them sorta songs

1> Wrap up
2> Stretch for around 5 mins stretchin off every muscle from carves to triceps to biceps and quadriceps
2> warm up - jog about for a bit and some breathin exercises to restore heart rate AND clear airwaves
3> abdominal exercises (situps with turns)
4> jump rope
5> speed bag
6> fast past pad work
7> pad work workin on dodgin (hit and duck)
8> bag work
9> sparrin

im usually in there from start to finish of trainin hours

PunchDrunk
02-12-2008, 08:56 AM
true that, technique based stuff, early in the exercise, or else you will trade off finely skilled movements for gross motion.

By the way, I just had two of my fighters in a Holland-Denmark match. One kid lost, the other won. I also might be coming to Holland for a week long training camp next week with the kid who won.

BrooklynBomber
02-12-2008, 09:51 AM

We also follow that order, usually we have the bagwork of any sort last and mits, sparring and working in couples(not sparring) first

toehead
02-12-2008, 11:00 AM
By the way, I just had two of my fighters in a Holland-Denmark match. One kid lost, the other won. I also might be coming to Holland for a week long training camp next week with the kid who won.

as one of the few coach/trainers on the forum I wish that you would post a few of your routines that you use for your guys I know you can't teach technique over the web but some of the conditioning stuff would be appriciated by all imo