View Full Version : How many people use . . .

ashthadon
02-06-2008, 05:54 AM
How many of you guys use Kettlebells ? & what exercise do you do?

nedcmk1
02-06-2008, 09:24 AM
if you just got them start with 2 handed swings and turkish getups.

then progress to single handed cleans, cleans, then snatches.

get pavels book. make sure your form is right on.... you can find a lot of instructional vids on youtube.....

I love my KB's, and they are a great fun tool. awesome for core strength and stability and a fun way to mix things up. They are sold as some magic secret russian special subject thing.... but they are just a tool, and build great strength.

Ive actually put mine as a doorstop for a bit. bought some training rings and working them in the park after my runs for a change of pace.

nedcmk1
02-06-2008, 09:29 AM
what size kettlebell you using?

also if your just starting please dont dive right into trying windmills and sidepresses. youll injure yourself. work through the swings first as they are the basis of a lot of the movements.

ashthadon
02-06-2008, 01:10 PM
i havny got any yet im gona purchase some nxct week thou, im not sure wot weiht to get ill have to have a feel of them,do u use urs regular?

nedcmk1
02-06-2008, 02:15 PM
I used to use it all the time, but now only when the weather is bad, i;ve been hooked on training rings at the park lately.

i started with a 16kilo bell and i was 140lbs at the time. It was a little big but i took my time with form.

How much do you weigh? that is a huge factor. It would be great to get really light bells to learn all of the exercises with, but you can outgrow them so fast it will cost you $$$

I would start with 3 sets of ten doublehanded swings....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_h1QcHTkwdI

and do as many turkish getups as you can without going to failure....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0vhJza-2xiI&feature=related

Once you get PERFECT form on two handed swings move to single handed and right into cleans, clean and press, then snatches.

ashthadon
02-06-2008, 08:32 PM
i'm 5'11ft adn weight 12.5 stone im a well built lad

nedcmk1
02-07-2008, 09:55 AM
start with a 16 kilo at least.