View Full Version : Thaxtons full page ad calling out Khan.

dansapien
02-04-2008, 12:47 PM
Anyone seen it, very interesting and a bold move to tell the truth about the situation.

col Blake
02-04-2008, 03:17 PM
It wont make a diffrence Khan is waiting until either Thaxton gets beat so he wont have to fight him or he is waiting until he is sure Thaxton is shot, Wank Warren wont risk his cash cow.

Nicky_Hatton
02-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Link to the article?

heihaci
02-04-2008, 05:03 PM
Thaxton is already shot and would be a step backwards for Khan.

I would have love to see Khan fight Thaxton and beat him and see the excuses that the haters will think up.

Romanov is more of a threat to Khan then Thaxton -hopefully this fight should be happening soon!!

dansapien
02-04-2008, 05:26 PM
cant provide a link, its the first page in boxing news.

he says they never received an offer from khan/warren despite what he says, and there offers went un answered.

Its a full page ad with a mini 'essay' by thaxton highlighting the crap coming out of warrens mouth.

and to say thaxton is shot now is stupid and uninformed.

ophqui
02-04-2008, 05:33 PM
thaxton is not shot or over the hill, he was just never that good to begin with. Could thaxton have knocked out limond? Earl? possibly but i doubt it. Personally i think warren (not kahn mind you) is ducking thaxton, but i dont know what the reasoning behind this is as for me this would be an easy nights work for kahn and another title under the belt would do him no harm at all, i'd love to see him do the british/common/european route before challenging for world titles, but it sounds like warren wants to take his cash cow to the US sooner rather than later so we'll see

heihaci
02-04-2008, 05:34 PM
and to say thaxton is shot now is stupid and uninformed.

go watch his fight with Dave Stewart

mofo2
02-04-2008, 05:57 PM
Thaxton is running his mouth for a big payday,but has no realistic chance of beating Amir now....maybe three or fights ago he would have taken him but not now..

dansapien
02-05-2008, 07:00 AM
Thaxton is running his mouth for a big payday,but has no realistic chance of beating Amir now....maybe three or fights ago he would have taken him but not now..

how have you reached that opinion, because it appears to be based on no fact whatsoever.

eri
02-05-2008, 07:43 AM
why are setanta twats?

Jesus, i joined this forum to try and talk to people who know something about boxing but all im getting is a bunch of idiots

dansapien
02-05-2008, 07:48 AM
why are setanta twats?

Jesus, i joined this forum to try and talk to people who know something about boxing but all im getting is a bunch of idiots

setanta are twats because they dont advertise anywhere that their freeview service shuts down at 3 am, meaning you cant see any of the big live american fights live. Even though there website completely misinforms you that you can,

so i bought a setanta freeview box, subscribed then found out the deal. Then rang up to cancel, found out I cant until my second months subscription has come out of my bank. And I couldn't return the box.

The Noose
02-05-2008, 07:56 AM
why are setanta twats?

HOW DARE YOU!!:eek:

CardioMonster
02-05-2008, 07:57 AM
setanta are twats because they dont advertise anywhere that their freeview service shuts down at 3 am.

It says in the Freeview FAQ that it shuts at 3am. Not very obvious though, i`m sure you're not the only one who has been burned.

eri
02-05-2008, 09:14 AM
how dare who?

DURAN_IS_GOD
02-05-2008, 10:53 AM
how dare who?
how dare you say we are a bunch of idiots!!

i think i speak for us all when i ask.... who are you?? Jog on son

dansapien
02-05-2008, 11:41 AM
It says in the Freeview FAQ that it shuts at 3am. Not very obvious though, i`m sure you're not the only one who has been burned.

they have a specific department to deal with this exact complaint.

UKShan
02-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Gotta say I have Setanta for boxing only, got all the big world fights!!

I think Kahn is a step above Thaxton, however he should defo take the fight, only decent brit worth it at min and he aint the finished artical either so why rush him into a title shot he could easily lose??

I personally think he should step up a weight and take Rees and Witters titles, then go for Hatton, now theres a fight lol

dansapien
02-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Gotta say I have Setanta for boxing only, got all the big world fights!!

I think Kahn is a step above Thaxton, however he should defo take the fight, only decent brit worth it at min and he aint the finished artical either so why rush him into a title shot he could easily lose??

I personally think he should step up a weight and take Rees and Witters titles, then go for Hatton, now theres a fight lol

Rees would be no competition for him, he's got no chance of beating witter at the minute though.

col Blake
02-05-2008, 04:24 PM
only prob with setanta is the ****in black tram-lines you get down the sides of the screen when there is an over seas fight on, they are not broadcast on widescreen setanta told me they are looking into it this was the middle of last year.

Nicky_Hatton
02-05-2008, 04:42 PM
I understand your gripe about setanta, but there is numerous repeats. Although this kind of ruins it.

Still I really don't see why they turn it off at 3 on freeview? Seems a bit of a cunt.

Gorguruga
02-06-2008, 01:16 AM
Another bad thing about Setanta is that their Broadband streaming service only works in the UK for licensing reasons, it doesn't work abroad.

eri
02-06-2008, 03:34 AM
Thaxton has raised his profile a great deal by shouting out kahn so it has been worth while for him, i dont think even he really believes he would beat kahn tho

Its like Witter had raised his profile by digging at hatton at every oportunity, although it would be a much closer fight between those two

and setanta has the best boxing schedule on my TV at the minute

"Jog on son" see what i mean?