View Full Version : Naseem Hamed at the Khan fight

Jim_Davis
02-02-2008, 07:54 PM
Looking in shape and healthy. Possible comeback? :boxing:

neptunez34
02-02-2008, 09:33 PM
any one got pictures to back these claims?

Jim_Davis
02-02-2008, 09:34 PM
any one got pictures to back these claims?

Whats wrong dont trust in the force?

He was sitting a couple seats along from Frank Bruno.

neptunez34
02-02-2008, 09:39 PM
still it would be nice to see pics

big paulie
02-02-2008, 10:05 PM
Who gives a **** he was prop just there to compare with khan how many people they run over so far this year

neptunez34
02-02-2008, 10:12 PM
well done paulie a very inteligent analysis now **** off...

NeXt In Line
02-03-2008, 03:44 AM
Who are you to tell someone to **** off? Your ass joined fahkin' 3 years ago and you got 4 posts?

Onslow.
02-03-2008, 06:25 AM
It'd be ace if he did return.

however i don't think he will. I think perhaps he's just fed up of the fat jokes.

big paulie
02-03-2008, 08:00 AM
well done paulie a very inteligent analysis now **** off...

Whats there to analyse? Fat coward.

mitch12
02-03-2008, 12:04 PM
It'd be ace if he did return.

however i don't think he will. I think perhaps he's just fed up of the fat jokes.

hes a prick who should be in jail im happy to never see that piece of **** again.

Onslow.
02-03-2008, 12:09 PM
hes a prick who should be in jail im happy to never see that piece of **** again.

**** you. This is a boxing site, not voice of moral condemnation.

MELLY-MEL...
02-03-2008, 12:19 PM
i would like to see him comeback! he is so hated by many, but he is exciting, and lots of people would love to see him back! boxing would benefit from him. he is a big draw, and puts asses in the seats which we need right about now!

Onslow.
02-03-2008, 12:21 PM
i would like to see him comeback! he is so hated by many, but he is exciting, and lots of people would love to see him back! boxing would benefit from him. he is a big draw, and puts asses in the seats which we need right about now!

I'm a big Naz fan.

I'm up for a Barrera rematch. :boxing:

Ell
02-03-2008, 12:22 PM

Amen, he is definitly one of the most exciting fighters of his time, went down in my books a bit when he retired early but would love to see him fight again. Very entertaining fighter. Hopefully he does make a comeback.

mitch12
02-03-2008, 12:33 PM
**** you. This is a boxing site, not voice of moral condemnation.
supose you think its ok to knock people down in the street huh you ****ing prick .

Jim_Davis
02-03-2008, 02:09 PM
supose you think its ok to knock people down in the street huh you ****ing prick .

Go home Mitch, this lifestyle aint for you.

big paulie
02-03-2008, 03:42 PM
Go home Mitch, this lifestyle aint for you.

What lifestyle would that be exactly? The driving like a cunt and smashing into someone at 70 mph then running away like a ***** and doing time lifestyle. Great.

Jim_Davis
02-03-2008, 03:45 PM
What lifestyle would that be exactly? The driving like a cunt and smashing into someone at 70 mph then running away like a ***** and doing time lifestyle. Great.

You shouldnt be talking about your mother like dat ahahahaha OWNED!! :owned:

mitch12
02-03-2008, 03:46 PM

exaclty most twats on this forum sweep it under the carpet.

Jim_Davis
02-03-2008, 03:50 PM

Not true, I never sweep nothing under my carpet and Im a big twat.

The Noose
02-03-2008, 09:11 PM

Thats not true.Everytime Naz is mentioned there are always some people who bring up the fact he is a ****ing idiot who almost killed two people etc.

ANYWAY!
People talking about a possible Naz comeback is a joke. He was a great exciting fighter way back in the late 90's!

He wasnt great last time he fought, and by now he has absolutly nothing to offer apart from some of the funny **** he can talk.

R.I.P.

Gorguruga
02-04-2008, 03:13 AM
There are countless boxers who have been to prison for one incident or another. Tommy Morrison, Ricardo Williams, Bernard Hopkins. Even Muhammed Ali, Mike Tyson and Jack Johnson, 3 of the greatest heavyweights of all time. This holier than thou thing should stop. Even Don King went to prison for manslaughter after he stomped a man to death. This is boxing not ballet.

Onslow.
02-04-2008, 05:38 AM
There are countless boxers who have been to prison for one incident or another. Tommy Morrison, Ricardo Williams, Bernard Hopkins. Even Muhammed Ali, Mike Tyson and Jack Johnson, 3 of the greatest heavyweights of all time. This holier than thou thing should stop. Even Don King went to prison for manslaughter after he stomped a man to death. This is boxing not ballet.

My point exactly, and truth be known - Don King has killed two people, on two seperate occasions if i remember rightly.

It seems to me, that compared to the crimes of other boxers..Naz gets a harder time. Naz got charged with dangerous driving. Mike Tyson charged with rape. But who gets a harder time on these boards?

Naz.

It just doesn't add up.

CardioMonster
02-04-2008, 07:17 AM
people seem to be confusing the ability to be brutal inside the ring with committing crimes outside the ring.

If someone drives like a complete idiot and nearly kills someone with their car, they are an idiot, their boxing ability is completely irrelavent.

Being associated with boxing or being a boxer does not give you right to be a cretin. They are subject to the same laws as everyone else.

Hamed was an annoying prick when he became famous and used to rub peoples noses in it. He systematically lost all his friends sacked the man who got him there. Then theres the car incident. What a great guy.

heihaci
02-04-2008, 07:53 AM
so has Hamed really lost weight?

He looked fat even in the pictures when Hamed was released from Prison

Gorguruga
02-04-2008, 08:02 AM
Not that being a boxer gives you any special exclusions from the law, but the point is historically a portion of boxers do flirt with the law in one way or another and will continue to do so in the future, it's documented throughout the generations. Hamed's driving incident shouldn't receive any special attention when put into the wider perspective.

stefjonno1
02-04-2008, 08:27 AM
I'd like to see him make a comeback. I mean he went out like a bum. If he never took the Barerra defeat so hard he could have boxed on and won another world title or two! Instead going out like a punk.

Onslow.
02-04-2008, 09:00 AM
I'd like to see him make a comeback. I mean he went out like a bum. If he never took the Barerra defeat so hard he could have boxed on and won another world title or two! Instead going out like a punk.

technically he retired as IBO champ. He took a fight, won the title and left.

Mickey Gomez
02-04-2008, 09:01 AM
Sitting beside Frank Bruno would make anyone look "in shape".

Onslow.
02-04-2008, 09:04 AM
Sitting beside Frank Bruno would make anyone look "in shape".

true. We forget it could be a question of perspective. Not that Bruno is fat. He's just huge.

Anyway, this is all speculation. Just because Naz looks thinner, doesn't mean a comeback is coming.

Like i said earlier, he might be just sick of the fat joke. I mean, my mum went on a diet last week and by no means will I let her have bout with Marco Barrera.

CardioMonster
02-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Hamed doesn`t have the reflexes to make a comeback, i bet his feet have got slower too. His reflexes slowed even against Kelly, or maybe it was his training methods, if ingle trained him again it woul dbe interesting but that isn`t going to happen.

Tuggers1986
02-04-2008, 10:17 AM
true. We forget it could be a question of perspective. Not that Bruno is fat. He's just huge.

Anyway, this is all speculation. Just because Naz looks thinner, doesn't mean a comeback is coming.

Like i said earlier, he might be just sick of the fat joke. I mean, my mum went on a diet last week and by no means will I let her have bout with Marco Barrera.

Hahahaha. Only because she'd win and you'd feel tight watching MAB get beat up again!!

DURAN_IS_GOD
02-04-2008, 11:13 AM
if he does come back im sure PAC will be the first to offer him a fight....

he falls into the right age bracket and point in his career

Onslow.
02-04-2008, 12:11 PM
Hamed doesn`t have the reflexes to make a comeback, i bet his feet have got slower too. His reflexes slowed even against Kelly, or maybe it was his training methods, if ingle trained him again it woul dbe interesting but that isn`t going to happen.

You don't know that! You don't know that at all.

if he does come back im sure PAC will be the first to offer him a fight....

he falls into the right age bracket and point in his career

Exactly.

I say he could come back. Have one bout at at British/Euro level... maybe even Alex Arthur?

Then head out and have a go with Pac or MAB.

DURAN_IS_GOD
02-04-2008, 12:23 PM

Exactly.

I say he could come back. Have one bout at at British/Euro level... maybe even Alex Arthur?

Then head out and have a go with Pac or MAB.
i think he'd need a few more fights than that mate.... i'd pick arthur to win if they fought straight away, he'd need to get some rounds and sharpness under his belt

i think its academic anyways cus i cant see it happening, but it would be exciting as ****!

Onslow.
02-04-2008, 12:31 PM
i think he'd need a few more fights than that mate.... i'd pick arthur to win if they fought straight away, he'd need to get some rounds and sharpness under his belt

i think its academic anyways cus i cant see it happening, but it would be exciting as ****!

I know, you're proberbly right.

But i reckon he could take Arthur. He wouldn't know what the **** to do with Naz.

Look at the interest that him losing a little weight has done. 4 pages of posts.

CardioMonster
02-04-2008, 12:33 PM

i don't know what?

DURAN_IS_GOD
02-04-2008, 12:45 PM

But i reckon he could take Arthur. He wouldn't know what the **** to do with Naz.

Look at the interest that him losing a little weight has done. 4 pages of posts.
i just checked mate and he turns 34 next week.... he's getting on now really so he'd have to be quick

i wanna see some pics of him to see how much weight he has actually lost.... lol i think we're getting carried away, although i admitt if he did comeback i'd have a raging semi!!!

col Blake
02-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Hamed was finished the moment he agreed to fight Barrera, he was exposed as the poor fighter he was , if he returned he would struggle against Alex Arthur, and even Scott Harrison.
His limitations were so obvious to everyone that, it was laughable, having a good punch will only get you so far and that was proved, his inability to slip punches proved his down fall and a comeback would be a joke, he could never headline an bill and with his arrogance he would not except a lower billing, he done everything to dodge his conviction, he didnít even apologise to his victim for what he done, Canít blame the man for wanting to run down Hamed and his family for what happened to him, Hamed is a little ****ty coward that should never be seen again.

Makaaveli
02-05-2008, 05:20 AM
Some of you dont even know what our on about. It was hamed's arogancy that lost him the fight against Barrera, otherwise he had the talent and the skill to beat anyone at the time.

I hope he does make a comeback!

****in haters, hatin for all the wrong reasons.

Unanimous
02-05-2008, 05:25 AM

Not a chance. Alex would knock him sideways, Naz has been out waaaay too long.

The Noose
02-05-2008, 08:38 AM

lol, its all just opinions mate. But i agree with him. Hamed relied on his reflexes to avoid getting hit and countering. He was getting caught with shots back in 1997!! And by 2001 all he had was a big punch. Against Barrera he had no gameplan, no real desire, he was easy to hit.

I dont see how it is possible that in the 7 years since he fought he has any of the qualities that made him a champion.

Some of you dont even know what our on about. It was hamed's arogancy that lost him the fight against Barrera, otherwise he had the talent and the skill to beat anyone at the time.

I hope he does make a comeback!

****in haters, hatin for all the wrong reasons.

He was on the slide long before Barrera. That wasnt just an off night.
He had massive talent but wasted it eventually. And his skills hadnt been sharp for years.

The Noose
02-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Hamed wont make a comeback because he thrived on dominating and showboating. Making it all look easy.
Now it would be a massive struggle for him to look good against mediocre opposition.
His ego couldnt handle being just another has-been making a comeback.

The most imortant thing for him was always about looking good. And thats why he quit and wont return.

He didnt look good anymore.

Gorguruga
02-05-2008, 10:37 AM
A shame but it's unlikely Nas will return after so long out of the ring. We might just be mistaking his slimmer physique for a healthier lifestyle in general rather than a desire to return to boxing. And it's true that his general skills did deteriorate over time, ever since he came to the US really. I think it was down to bad discipline and poor training as seen in his preparation for the Barrera fight where he trained in a highly expensive luxury facility while Barrera trained at high altitude, on a mountain, in much less pleasant surroundings. But Nas has 2 sons I think so maybe the real hope is in a few years time we'll see... Prince Naseem Hamed Jnr!

AK-47
02-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Nah he aint comin back and if he does i dont think he is gonna get very far

Jim_Davis
02-11-2008, 04:06 PM
He wasnt sitting next to Bruno he was on the same row further down.

At least hes going to fights again. Its hard for a guy like him who had the world at his feet to not feel the burn for a comeback watching Khan get all that limelight.

col Blake
02-12-2008, 05:38 AM
Naz should come back Arthur needs an easy fight, even a pissed Scott Harrison would mop the floor with the little ****house

Konstantin
02-12-2008, 02:43 PM
eh Id love to see him again if he ever got in decent fighting shape. He was the guy that first got me interested in boxing...

Brother Blues
02-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Count me among the haters...
As they say,if you wish to know what someone is really made of,judge them on a bad day.And he went out like the punk ass ***** he really is.

Hopefully he will suffer more one day for his actions.

Naps
02-15-2008, 11:50 AM
I saw him Sheffield about a month ago and he was a big fatty. End of discussion.

revs1227
02-15-2008, 05:16 PM
Who are you to tell someone to **** off? Your ass joined fahkin' 3 years ago and you got 4 posts?

hahaha its true

-----------
02-16-2008, 09:38 AM
bump, caus this is global boxing and not non-stop.

floyd threads in here are pissing me off

Talon
02-18-2008, 10:27 PM
NATURAL TALENT you stupid mother****ers. NAZ is the ****. he's still the same person he always was all it takes is exercise

JUST LIKE ROY JONES

rusticraver
02-19-2008, 08:17 AM
HE could come back but he'd have to fight orthodox. With his power in both hands he could still be a force

The Noose
02-19-2008, 08:24 AM
NATURAL TALENT you stupid mother****ers. NAZ is the ****. he's still the same person he always was all it takes is exercise

JUST LIKE ROY JONES

His natural talent only got him so far.
Exercise is not all it takes. It takes the will and disipline to train hard and sharpen ur skills, which is exactly what Hamed stopped doing way back in 1998!

Jones moved up 3 weights, came back down, got KTFO, and has :wank: comeback....not really anything like Naz is it.

CardioMonster
02-19-2008, 09:18 AM
Jones' feet are a lot slower than they were. I would expect Naz to have trouble moving in and out of range, which is central to his style and him not getting hit.