View Full Version : A bag vid of me.

moin126
02-02-2008, 03:11 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y0q3kszdLv4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y0q3kszdLv4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

its quite short.
Notice, The first minute im technical with hands up, after that im just burning energy, i was on some caffeine i guess.

RAFA KLUG
02-02-2008, 04:03 PM
yo, you made sum huge mistakes bro, no offence but you sould check out the "beginners" stuff, like keepin dat chin protcted by your upper arm when throwin punches, keep your elbow tucked in, snap them punches, you need some tension in ur whole body, check ur angles and stance, you gotta work on everything :boxing: but take it easy bro

Onslow.
02-02-2008, 04:21 PM
if i was your neighbour i'd be telling you to "turn that bloody noise down!!"

RAESAAD
02-02-2008, 04:25 PM
You don't seem loose kind of timid and robotic......Decent jab but not enough straight lefts to follow.Your hooks are slappy. Your bob and weave is weak. but hey your trying. Good luck keep practicing.

Any which way you cut it your a far better boxer than poster......

West24
02-02-2008, 04:41 PM
woah! how long have you been boxing? you looked like you were having a seizure when you did those multiple ducks. you make a lot of mistakes and keep your arms way to low and chin way to high.

Chris.Downs
02-02-2008, 04:58 PM
yo, you made sum huge mistakes bro, no offence but you sould check out the "beginners" stuff, like keepin dat chin protcted by your upper arm when throwin punches, keep your elbow tucked in, snap them punches, you need some tension in ur whole body, check ur angles and stance, you gotta work on everything :boxing: but take it easy bro

I agree with him ^^^ re-think everything well near enough yo'll get there:boxing:

P4PKING_2008
02-02-2008, 05:17 PM
You need to be aiming up at the bag for the headshots. And your hooks are wayyy to wide, bro. Also, there was no defence when punching. You need to be leaning more with the punches. You should get down to a gym asap. Also, when you do that shoeshine kind of thing at the end. My trainer tells me to plant my feet square to the bag as I wwon't be looking to duck ro move when I do it and I get more power.

moin126
02-02-2008, 05:25 PM
jezus did it suck so much, i thought it was decent, till about after a minute, then i just threw.

''you need some tension in ur whole body''
''You don't seem loose kind of timid and robotic''
hmm.. -_-. anyway thanks.

ps: dont think that stuff at the end, was a simulation of me fighting it was kind of a endurance exercise, after 57 you see me dropping my hands, thats when i think lets spend some energy lol

punchDrUnK MONK
02-02-2008, 05:27 PM
yo ppl will hate but u look like me when i started out.. boxing on a hvy bag from home.. u certainly know how to throw punches.. u look like u got good handspeed and and even some good power... i was impressed with how many punches you threw at the end, i was waiting for u to stop and take a breath, but you didnt lol... but ya, in a real fight or even sparring if u ever throw that many to someones body like that u will get caught, leaving ur head open like that is risky.. and becuase of the home training u really dont have the proper room to circle the bag and really use it to its full potential and learn all u can from a trainer and all that.. so id hit up a gym asap if i were u.. u look ready

West24
02-02-2008, 05:32 PM
youre an idiot punch drunk, there's no "hating", its just the truth. and no he doesnt know how to throw a "proper" punch, and that is the problem.

P4PKING_2008
02-02-2008, 05:34 PM
ps: dont think that stuff at the end, was a simulation of me fighting it was kind of a endurance exercise, after 57 you see me dropping my hands, thats when i think lets spend some energy lol

Yeah we do it at our gym when you do your rounds on the bags in the last 10everyone goes all out last 10 like what you do. But to get more power you need to plant your feet wider and more parellel to each other. And move into your punches more. You need to get to a gym so they can show you where you are going wrong.

moin126
02-02-2008, 05:36 PM
thanks for the comment, im aware some poeple will say some weird things.
But im not fooling myself trust me ^_^, i should have left out the ending. I knew poeple will think i will do that in a fight lol. Also you understand my room isnt fit to be moving around that much. I like movement, and in sparring i put hvy emphasis on that.

VBoxer
02-02-2008, 05:39 PM
yo ppl will hate but u look like me when i started out.. boxing on a hvy bag from home.. u certainly know how to throw punches.. u look like u got good handspeed and and even some good power... i was impressed with how many punches you threw at the end, i was waiting for u to stop and take a breath, but you didnt lol... but ya, in a real fight or even sparring if u ever throw that many to someones body like that u will get caught, leaving ur head open like that is risky.. and becuase of the home training u really dont have the proper room to circle the bag and really use it to its full potential and learn all u can from a trainer and all that.. so id hit up a gym asap if i were u.. u look ready

I would have to agree, some what, with punchdrunk. If you havent been to a gym and are just starting off, then you look alright. But it looks like you have been watching too many ROCKY movies.......

P4PKING_2008
02-02-2008, 05:40 PM
thanks for the comment, im aware some poeple will say some weird things.
But im not fooling myself trust me ^_^, i should have left out the ending. I knew poeple will think i will do that in a fight lol. Also you understand my room isnt fit to be moving around that much. I like movement, and in sparring i put hvy emphasis on that.

Sparring? You actually go to a boxing gym? Or backyard sparring? Also, that bob and weave you showed us you should have done it after a punch instead of moving away stopping, dropping your hands and doing it. You would usually only use a bob or a weave not both. That is why tysons defensive style hasn't been used since him. Very hard to master.

P4PKING_2008
02-02-2008, 05:41 PM
I would have to agree, some what, with punchdrunk. If you havent been to a gym and are just starting off, then you look alright. But it looks like you have been watching too many ROCKY movies.......

You will get told to change the size of ya sig. pretty soon man.

RAESAAD
02-02-2008, 05:53 PM
You will get told to change the size of ya sig. pretty soon man. I reported you playa.

:lol1: :lol1:

Dick-Sucker
02-02-2008, 06:37 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/y0q3kszdLv4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/y0q3kszdLv4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

its quite short.
Notice, The first minute im technical with hands up, after that im just burning energy, i was on some caffeine i guess.

Okay You have just started :

Good things :

1. Speed. You have decent to good speed. Which is good to see.
2. You generate a fair bit of power in your hooks.

Weakness:
1. No power in straight right or left. But its because your not moving your hips and transferring your weight with the punches. Just as a golf swing transferring weight adds a lot more power.

Tips:

- What i try to do when i hit the bag. Trick is not to hit the bag to hard. This is what the pros do. Rather focus on maintaining technique which is a lot easier when your not hitting it hard. And keep going hard for stamina purposes. Also keep your hands up.

Conclusion: There is some potential there. Im sure if you developed decent technique, your speed alone would be a handful.

sterling
02-02-2008, 07:47 PM

its quite short.

ROFL what as technical about that?
Feeling chinnny? :) and u said i sticked my chin out lol :P
hooks wide and uppercuts wide
to many body shots without protecting ur head

Darkstranger
02-02-2008, 08:01 PM
jezus did it suck so much, i thought it was decent, till about after a minute, then i just threw.

''you need some tension in ur whole body''
''You don't seem loose kind of timid and robotic''
hmm.. -_-. anyway thanks.

What you do on the bags and training will transfer into a fight situation. You have to discipline and motivate yourself on the bags to throw proper punches. You think you won't drop your hands like that in a fight, but believe me when you're tired in the third round I bet you will, because you haven't disciplined yourself to keep your hands high. Even when endurance training you need to throw quality punches with correct form.

Get down to a gym though bro and you'll understand no one's hating on you, we're just pointing things out that were pointed out to us by our coaches in our respective clubs/gyms.

sleazyfellow
02-02-2008, 08:17 PM
Okay time for my fiddy cents, the music sucks, and LMAO at 22 to the 24 second mark. Was that a a little sezuire or sumthing? To the person who said you watched too much rocky I have to disagree, you've watched too much tyson.

danny stash
02-02-2008, 08:32 PM
okay...

1. work on power with str8t rights.
2. hooks look pretty good but a bit too wide, shorten up a bit
3. COVER UP, after almost every punch your hands drop, keep those hands up. If he hooks you hook adage will kill you if are in with someone who can really fight. He will parry your left hook and stick you in chin if you dont cover up.
4. make your slips for a purpose, it looked as if you were doing it to nothing. Make them count like you would in real fight
5. keep up the hard work, you are doing great.

PS: feel like you are "snapping punches" not pushing or throwing!

mr tricky
02-03-2008, 08:05 AM
people can give to much critacism on here, in my opinion yes there is many defwencive things to improve but you throw alot better than some people, even some people aty my gym are very worse than you, i was impressed wityh how much punches you did at the end, it kept going for ages, that is good for endurance.

imporve your form and teqnique, an u will imporove

moin126
02-03-2008, 09:56 AM
Well i was just burning some energy on the bag, and throwing some shots.
Till about 59 i dont drop my hands, and i dont see me doing anything wrong.
I was putting emphasis on some hard hooks, after that i was doing endurance, a punch out. -_-

next time il do it with a overly tight guard, but some comments are ridiculous
watching to many rocky movies lol wtf.

punchDrUnK MONK
02-03-2008, 11:52 AM
youre an idiot punch drunk, there's no "hating", its just the truth. and no he doesnt know how to throw a "proper" punch, and that is the problem.

it actually is hate bud... when some ppl focus on only the negative.. if ur gunna take the time to reply to this kids vid.. why make it all negative.?. i think we all know who the idiots here are...:owned:

and also str8 up , most boxers dont start out fantastic, constructive critisism is 100% NEEDED to improve in this sport... so u say its not hate its the "truth" but the truth is with a little work in the gym this kid could be great... thats the difference between the truth and hate.. keep hating to all the haters on this website while the real ppl work hard n make their moves.

keep training hard man

A.Jay
02-03-2008, 01:13 PM
for one i would say you shud try to bend your knees a lot more that way youll be able to catch your weight better and improve your balance, also try throw punches higher and get yourself to a boxing gym dats the best place to learn it technique. also try and keep a peekaboo guard all the time on the bag

and puch drunk i dnt think ppl have been negative but i dnt think it does any favours to say he could be great with a little work in the gym he should know it will be a lot harder than going to a gym for a couple of weeks.

tmoqsudz
02-03-2008, 02:31 PM
it actually is hate bud... when some ppl focus on only the negative.. if ur gunna take the time to reply to this kids vid.. why make it all negative.?. i think we all know who the idiots here are...:owned:

and also str8 up , most boxers dont start out fantastic, constructive critisism is 100% NEEDED to improve in this sport... so u say its not hate its the "truth" but the truth is with a little work in the gym this kid could be great... thats the difference between the truth and hate.. keep hating to all the haters on this website while the real ppl work hard n make their moves.

keep training hard man

I totaly agree with what your saying!

West24
02-03-2008, 05:31 PM
youre clearly young or youre just an idiot. You dont post a video of yourself and hope to only hear good things. oh look at him hes amazing, no your going to be critiqued. and its better to hear the truth then to hear someone like you saying everyone else is hating and to put a little work in the gym and hell be amazing? is that a joke? what seperates him from the millions of other peope who are just like him? dont want to burst anyones bubble but its gonna take a lot more than a little time in the gym to make him amazing. and moin by your responses you clearly wanted everyone to shower you with love, because you clearly think your pretty good and you couldnt see anything wrong in the video. if nothing is wrong in that video you have a lot to learn, not just in the boxing game.

punchDrUnK MONK
02-03-2008, 05:44 PM
ur right about the posting a video thing.. posting a video on here from any boxer is risky to catch some negative comments.. but thats constructive critisism.. im jus simply talkin about the ppl who post but dont give feedback or advice, simply jus hate on the vid.. some ppl dont even point out things he is bad at.. jus will say he sucks... ive seen it a million times on this site.. i was jus steppin up n sayin ****, post constructive critisism for peeps like this.. sure u can say what he is doin wrong or bad at.. jus tell him how he can improve.. and absolutely u could be great.. without that hope in boxing who would even start out? it takes hard work n dedication to grow as a boxer.. and this kid prolly even got better himself at home from when he first started out.. or if he just started yesterday then he will be solid in 3 months in a gym... bottom line is anyone who wants to box, shouldnt be put down in anyway here, boxing is a positive thing and a classy thing, some ppl on this site dont show that at all...

to the ppl who do, u know u who are and u give great feedback. im jus speakin my mind on this ****... haters add some constructive critisism / feedback / advice if ur gunna post up in this ****

moin126
02-03-2008, 07:19 PM
youre clearly young or youre just an idiot. You dont post a video of yourself and hope to only hear good things. oh look at him hes amazing, no your going to be critiqued. and its better to hear the truth then to hear someone like you saying everyone else is hating and to put a little work in the gym and hell be amazing? is that a joke? what seperates him from the millions of other peope who are just like him? dont want to burst anyones bubble but its gonna take a lot more than a little time in the gym to make him amazing. and moin by your responses you clearly wanted everyone to shower you with love, because you clearly think your pretty good and you couldnt see anything wrong in the video. if nothing is wrong in that video you have a lot to learn, not just in the boxing game.

I think im good. Im a fighter, thats just my attitude, but i always want to measure myself and get better. What your doing is whining like a *****, And you seem to taint your posts with a negative tone, kind of sad.

In my view i made minimal mistakes in the first 60 seconds, but its hard to judge myself. There isnt that much footage, But its never gonna be good enough ^_^, and i accept that.

Part of my motto is, never be sattisfied, thats the reason i posted this, to get some Constructive critiscm, and work on it.

But i guess hate comes with the territory.

moin126
02-03-2008, 08:03 PM
<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wPzKsRFq9ls&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wPzKsRFq9ls&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7dB_4yXPv4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7dB_4yXPv4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Im not comparing. But would you give them the same advice? floyd your hands are low and your slapping. ^_^
I was looking to see, how much different does it actually look, manny is really fast but his hands are super low, but he's a pro. Same goes for floyd.
What makes their vids so good. plz tell me. If they didnt have these achievements i bet they would have been destroyed here.

P4PKING_2008
02-03-2008, 08:26 PM
Floyd wasn't slapping that was a very heavy bag and his hands were not low. He was throwing slow combo's. But you will rarely see a pro go all out on a bag like you did because they train all day long. And there skills will not need any work as they will already be perfected.

moin126
02-03-2008, 08:38 PM
mannys sure looked perfect alright. ;)

West24
02-04-2008, 12:13 AM
youre the kind of guy who goes to the gym thinking he knows everything and doesnt need to learn anything. and thats the kind of guys noone likes and noone wants to help.

mgkirkpatrick
02-04-2008, 03:14 AM
Well i was just burning some energy on the bag, and throwing some shots.
Till about 59 i dont drop my hands, and i dont see me doing anything wrong.
I was putting emphasis on some hard hooks, after that i was doing endurance, a punch out. -_-

next time il do it with a overly tight guard, but some comments are ridiculous
watching to many rocky movies lol wtf.

i must have missed these hard hooks :thinking:

anyhow props for putting your video up. sift through the responses and take all teh constructive advice you can get.

ashthadon
02-04-2008, 06:32 AM
Ya ain't got much tecnique,jab was good,with those body shots get ur own body behind them and explode we u do ya body shots ya like ur stood up with ur chin out keep it in n get ya body into ya punches & vizualizing is always good,

Keep it up

moin126
02-04-2008, 07:36 AM
youre the kind of guy who goes to the gym thinking he knows everything and doesnt need to learn anything. and thats the kind of guys noone likes and noone wants to help.

your prejudice.

moin126
02-04-2008, 07:39 AM
i must have missed these hard hooks :thinking:

anyhow props for putting your video up. sift through the responses and take all teh constructive advice you can get.

gee thanks man, your advice was pretty good. :D -_-'

Unanimous
02-04-2008, 09:51 AM
Seeing as I only have a bag for keep-fit purposes I can't possibly give you advice on your technique but props for putting your vid on here - I certainly wouldn't do it! Some posters on here have given you a lot of good tips and you should concentrate on them. Also, take on board the concrete criticisms and work on it.

Maybe some of the people on here who gave you a hard time could take a vid of themselves at the bag to show you how they think it should be done.