View Full Version : When you retire as an amateur boxer

Winky-Wright
01-20-2008, 06:30 PM
You miss it, I'm only 20, IV had 10 fights I'm 6-4, but damn I miss training, basically I got ****ed over and was training my ass off all day every day.

My club though would rarely get me a fight even though I was 1 of the best in the gym. Sometimes I was so poorly matched people would not turn up or they would not make the weight, I took my friends with me at least 3 or 4 times to watch me and they never seen me once, guess I had bad luck.

Being bored from not fighting and other temptations got the best of me and generally being pissed off but IV still got the thirst for the ring, I'm gonna train myself soon as I got a good garage set up.

Just to say if you got a good club which your *****ing and moaning about and are considering quitting don't, your live to regret it trust me, shame the nearest other club is about 30 miles because I'm not going back to that matchmaking **** again from my local 1.

Thats my **** done lol.

warp1432
01-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Ever just thinking about going to another gym that could treat you better?

Winky-Wright
01-20-2008, 06:36 PM
30 miles away bro , I dont drive, its out the way and I would have problems getting back from there at night.

sterling
01-20-2008, 07:09 PM
True 30 miles is long

P4PKING_2008
01-20-2008, 07:28 PM
Why is your gym so bad? When did you start? Your record isn't too great saying you want to go pro. Were they close decisions?

Winky-Wright
01-20-2008, 07:43 PM
I did not say I wanted to go pro lol, I started about 3 years ago, I would'nt say the gyms that bad I got taught some good **** there its just match making is to laid back.

I was getting matched like once every 3 or 4 months and most the time not fighting, I kept hassling them but nothing happened. Not fighting made me lose interest.

Yeah I did have a few close decisions, been stopped once but that was my bad.

BrooklynBomber
01-20-2008, 07:55 PM
You miss it, I'm only 20, IV had 10 fights I'm 6-4, but damn I miss training, basically I got ****ed over and was training my ass off all day every day.

My club though would rarely get me a fight even though I was 1 of the best in the gym. Sometimes I was so poorly matched people would not turn up or they would not make the weight, I took my friends with me at least 3 or 4 times to watch me and they never seen me once, guess I had bad luck.

Being bored from not fighting and other temptations got the best of me and generally being pissed off but IV still got the thirst for the ring, I'm gonna train myself soon as I got a good garage set up.

Just to say if you got a good club which your *****ing and moaning about and are considering quitting don't, your live to regret it trust me, shame the nearest other club is about 30 miles because I'm not going back to that matchmaking **** again from my local 1.

Thats my **** done lol.

This happens quite often, especially in smokers.

Winky-Wright
01-20-2008, 08:04 PM
Smokers???

aussieboxer2320
01-20-2008, 08:22 PM
dont giv up keep training i kno how it feels 2 not get fights im 13 ive had 1 i lost 2 a 14 year old who was bout 2 turn 15 it was a **** descision n i havnt been able 2 get matched since an now im at a new club it gets beta

VBoxer
01-21-2008, 01:28 AM
sounds like my gym, brotha. where you from?

Macho Madness
01-21-2008, 05:27 AM
ive been doin a bit of boxing training just to do sumfin different, and i was told that i should hav a go at boxing, but im worried about bein ****ed over over like u hav, bad luck mate

Nwahs !!
01-21-2008, 11:05 AM

Thats my **** done lol.
Welcome to the amateurs dude. I only get a fight at like 1 on 3 shows I go to.

msagrain
01-21-2008, 01:01 PM
were u from n what gym u go?