View Full Version : what is more beneficial

kdynamite
01-19-2008, 08:29 PM
i need to know what is more beneficial to me...do you think it is better to lift weights and have more weight behind your punches and punch slower or to have less weight behind your punch and punch faster...Or can you be just as fast with any kind of weight????

Kayo
01-19-2008, 08:47 PM
i need to know what is more beneficial to me...do you think it is better to lift weights and have more weight behind your punches and punch slower or to have less weight behind your punch and punch faster...Or can you be just as fast with any kind of weight????

What a stupid question. Lifting weights doesnt make you slower if you lift properly aka sport specific training.

kdynamite
01-19-2008, 09:06 PM
so then smaller reps and sets for strength or higher reps and sets for mass?which one is better for boxing

potatoes
01-19-2008, 09:09 PM
Joe Louis didn't lift weights but he had fast hands and a knockout punch. Rocky Marciano didn't lift weights either, he had slow hands and a knockout punch. Fast or slow, it don't matter a bit, to have knockout power you need the right genes not the right weight training program. History has proven that.

kdynamite
01-19-2008, 09:17 PM
well, honestly, i am wanting to lift weights to gain some weight because the bodyweight exercises that i'm doin can only get you so far,,,i'm just don't want to start lifting and have it put a negative effect on my punch