View Full Version : Scott Harrison

Calzaghe-Fan
01-18-2008, 08:46 PM
Anyone know what hes up to these days? Any chance of a comeback?

Rocky Katsidis
01-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Heard he will be back fighting in march, come on scotty bhoy:boxing:

Mozza
01-19-2008, 12:03 PM
Scott Harrison is an imbecile.

RenegadeT
01-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Scott Harrison is an imbecile.

do you know him personally ?

col Blake
01-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Scott Harrison throw away a good career with his inability to control himself, I have slated him mercilessly on here for years now, but I would love to see him fight Alex Arthur It would be a great fight, hold it in the Kelvin hall I think thatís what itís called itís in Glasgow I think, great venue.

Mozza
01-19-2008, 05:35 PM
do you know him personally ?

I know someone who does but the guy has a reputation in and around Glasgow as being a complete tosser. He is banned from every pub in his hometown because he does not know how to behave himself.

RenegadeT
01-21-2008, 03:46 PM
mate im from glasgow , i know all that , its just that you said he was an imbecile and i thought from that you actually knew him.

Unanimous
01-23-2008, 07:39 AM
Aye, apparently the guy is an arse but so what? This is boxing ffs, you're always gonna have fighters who are complete nobs outside of the ring. Personally I'd love to see him make a comeback but who would take him on bearing in mind his escapades in the past.

Last I heard was a commentator on the Arthur v Foster clash saying he was ringside and that he was planning a comeback. Us Scotsmen need more than Arthur to cheer on.

Rocky Katsidis
01-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Aye, apparently the guy is an arse but so what? This is boxing ffs, you're always gonna have fighters who are complete nobs outside of the ring. Personally I'd love to see him make a comeback but who would take him on bearing in mind his escapades in the past.

Last I heard was a commentator on the Arthur v Foster clash saying he was ringside and that he was planning a comeback. Us Scotsmen need more than Arthur to cheer on.

Hes back with warren, should have a fight in march:banana:

Unanimous
01-24-2008, 08:11 AM
He's back with Warren! WTF?!? I thought he'd have nothing more to do with him. Oh well, I'll be looking forward to that fight but I wonder if he's matured after his "break".

If he has improved mentally and physically how long or how many fights will it take before he has a chance of a title bout?

The Monk
01-24-2008, 08:37 AM
I'm a bit sceptical about this talk of a return for Harrison, I hope im wrong though because I actually liked Harrison the boxer and thought he was an entertaining fighter, if he does come back there are a lot of attractive fights out there for him.

Unanimous
01-25-2008, 04:02 AM
With talk of Alex Arthur fighting in Braehead Arena for his next bout, what's the chances of Harrison making his return on the undercard?

The Monk
01-25-2008, 01:20 PM
Harrison is into his 30's now so if he is serious about making a comeback he hasn't got time to dilly dally, he needs to get fighting soon. Hopefully he has got himself into good shape and a fight in the next few months isn't out of the question.

alza1988
01-26-2008, 11:55 AM
There is a video on youtube. the return of scott harrison

Mozza
01-26-2008, 12:00 PM
there is a video on youtube . the return of scott harrison

Haha my mate is lurking in the background of that video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBrFWFLFgAM

big paulie
01-26-2008, 12:11 PM
I never rated harrison at his peak, he was just strong as ****, technically very limited

The Monk
01-26-2008, 02:49 PM
I never rated harrison at his peak, he was just strong as ****, technically very limited

You are right, he was limited but I still wish he fought one of the top dogs at featherweight to see how competative he would have been. He had a very good chin and kept coming on, thats why I enjoyed his fights.

oovavu
01-26-2008, 04:06 PM
Hope he gets in the ring soon, hes underrated still wise he just loses his head too often and relies on his strength if he can stay disciplined and focused I think a world title shot is on the cards.

Unanimous
01-27-2008, 05:17 PM
Haha my mate is lurking in the background of that video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBrFWFLFgAM

Cheers for posting the video. I was pretty excited when he said he'd be ready for a fight in 7 - 8 weeks until I seen that the video was uploaded last October! Oh well, he seems focused, looks different without his goatee and I think he should be allowed the chance to redeem himself.

Mozza
01-27-2008, 05:40 PM
Cheers for posting the video. I was pretty excited when he said he'd be ready for a fight in 7 - 8 weeks until I seen that the video was uploaded last October! Oh well, he seems focused, looks different without his goatee and I think he should be allowed the chance to redeem himself.

There was a story about him in the paper on Friday. You can read it here: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/2008/01/25/boxer-harrison-s-highland-training-camp-86908-20296918/

Unanimous
01-28-2008, 08:29 AM
Cheers for that Mozza. So, he needs to clear his court dates first? And hope he doesn't get convicted!

I just hope he stays up in the hills of Fort William, keeps his head low, trains hard, manages to excape a conviction then roar back in action in the summer.

Time is running out for him but he seems to be putting a lot of effort in, surely he wouldn't be doing that if he wasn't serious about making a valid comeback.

alprod
02-03-2008, 02:05 PM
Just read an article in boxing monthly about scott, says he's waiting to see if the board of control renew his boxing license then warren will line a couple of fights up with the aim of taking on Alex arthur towards the end of the year.

I'm from glasgow too (5 mins away from where harrison lives) and know all about the trouble he's got into but i'd love to see him and arthur fight, would be class, Glasgow vs Edinburgh.

Unanimous
02-05-2008, 09:05 AM
Just read an article in boxing monthly about scott, says he's waiting to see if the board of control renew his boxing license then warren will line a couple of fights up with the aim of taking on Alex arthur towards the end of the year.

Now, THAT would be a fight and a half!

It......must.....happen!!!!