View Full Version : Amir Khan hate

Calzaghe-Fan
01-18-2008, 03:00 PM
I noticed that Amir Khan gets a lot of hate from British fans. Do you guys think this is because we're used to seeing good promising prospects being destroyed and some what exposed in the big leagues?

I think a lot of the people that dont like Khan dont dislike him because of his attitude but more to the point its because they wanna see him tested.

I think more people should get behind Khan and realise that his lack of opposition (the only out standing name being Earl) is a result of Frank Warren's money making schemes.

Khan vs Mitchell is a fight I'd love to see materialise. I'm a fan of both and would love to see both these prospects tested against each other.

Flab
01-18-2008, 03:01 PM
Dude, I uploaded some of his fights to youtube and some ***** took them down, from now on I hate Amir Khan. :mad:

Calzaghe-Fan
01-18-2008, 03:15 PM
Dude, I uploaded some of his fights to youtube and some ***** took them down, from now on I hate Amir Khan. :mad:

Ah probably Frank Warren's sports network.

Flab
01-18-2008, 03:19 PM
What a bastard! I was showing the yanks Amir Khans skills. :mad:

The Wire
01-18-2008, 03:25 PM
What a bastard! I was showing the yanks Amir Khans skills. :mad:
Yeah Frank Warren doesn't realise just how much YouTube could do for his fighters in terms of marketing them abroad.

Khan does get a bit of hate but on the whole I think people love him over here. Plus it's actually everyday people as opposed to boxing fans like us. I didn't think he had what it takes but the Earl fight proved a lot and I think the St Clair fight will show us even more.

Flab
01-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Yeah Frank Warren doesn't realise just how much YouTube could do for his fighters in terms of marketing them abroad.

Khan does get a bit of hate but on the whole I think people love him over here. Plus it's actually everyday people as opposed to boxing fans like us. I didn't think he had what it takes but the Earl fight proved a lot and I think the St Clair fight will show us even more.

He had comments from people who had never seen him fight and they were saying Juan Diaz better watch out. Then damn sports network go and take my videos down. :mad:

chrismart83
01-18-2008, 06:47 PM
I actually like Khan, and hope he does well.

mofo2
01-18-2008, 06:56 PM
Amir was well liked when he first came on the scene....but somewhere along the way the confidence turned into arrogance,and the boy next door was exposed as a bighead.

Welter_Skelter
01-18-2008, 07:31 PM
It's not that I hate him.. I hate the HYPE surrounding him... I hate the DVDs , Autobiography etc ect... I mean HE hasn't done **** all YET....

I dont hate Khan the Boxer.. I hate Khan the Con Job...

Calzaghe-Fan
01-18-2008, 09:44 PM
It's not that I hate him.. I hate the HYPE surrounding him... I hate the DVDs , Autobiography etc ect... I mean HE hasn't done **** all YET....

At least hes a boxer in the limelight over here. Always a good thing for the sport if you ask me.

bruzza
01-19-2008, 09:28 AM

well said. To me i see another prince naseem in the making. Personally if he wants to keep his 0 he best stay away from St clair coz he is one who will show that Prince Amir is not as good as he thinks he is. But as a boxer i wish him well

J Mac
01-19-2008, 10:12 AM
One fact for us british fans is had amir khan not come around and his success at the olympics, ITV would never had brought boxing back to prime time tv in britain so for that i am very thankfull. that led to calzaghe, enzo becoming household names and now setanta has spent i don't know how much money in screening all the major fights from the US. Boxing in the UK has had a major publicity boost via Khan

number6
01-19-2008, 10:52 AM
Amir was well liked when he first came on the scene....but somewhere along the way the confidence turned into arrogance,and the boy next door was exposed as a bighead.

This is true.

The driving offences seem to be pissing everyone off at the moment, he seems above the law.

Lets also not forget thst once he came back from the olympics he thought he was too big for the ABA's and snubbed them for that money spinning farce against Mario KindelŠn.

I do think he is a good talent that will go far, buts its just a simple case of too much money and publicity given to him at a very young age.

moin126
01-19-2008, 11:51 AM
i just think he's overatted blown up by some fans, which also explains his arrogance, after the olympics he has done nothing overly impressive, and his skills are mainly caused by him being such a tall dude, at lightweight.
Give him a real test, give him juan diaz then rate him for gods sake

rooq
01-19-2008, 03:22 PM

his last two fights can be seen on itv.com...

http://www.itv.com/Sport/boxing/default.html

Brian13
01-19-2008, 07:21 PM
One fact for us british fans is had amir khan not come around and his success at the olympics, ITV would never had brought boxing back to prime time tv in britain so for that i am very thankfull. that led to calzaghe, enzo becoming household names and now setanta has spent i don't know how much money in screening all the major fights from the US. Boxing in the UK has had a major publicity boost via Khan
No Setanta just wanted to take sky's deal with HBO so they can make their group of channels more popular but one thing they have to do is get better boxing commentators because today for Skelton's fight they had Frank Maloney in the studio how stupid was that.

Frank Warren is just being a bender like always, offering Jon Thaxton 30,000 to fight Amir Khan and I hope Amir Khan gets his commonwealth title stripped from him because he is always looking for the easy way in what ever he does.

Makaaveli
01-19-2008, 08:24 PM
I like khan, mainly cos i'm british and i support all the british fighters. But i see khan having alot of potential.

He atm is one of my favourite boxers, but i'm still aware that he has alot to prove.

He'll be an interesting one to follow.

col Blake
01-20-2008, 01:00 PM
most people hate him because he's a bit off a prick, and a lot of people in England hate to see other people do well for some reason a very English thing, but most of all people donít like him because he is Asian, or a pakie as they call him, sad fact but true he and his family have received racial abuse when they have been touring the country notably in Liverpool, I donít know him personally most people donít he might well be a real nice kid but he has the Wank Warren media wagon pushing him into our faces and it can piss people off, ditch the Wank and go to the sates and build a proper respectable career without the boo boy racists that besmirch the genuine people of England.

RageX
01-20-2008, 02:35 PM
most people hate him because he's a bit off a prick, and a lot of people in England hate to see other people do well for some reason a very English thing, but most of all people donít like him because he is Asian, or a pakie as they call him, sad fact but true he and his family have received racial abuse when they have been touring the country notably in Liverpool, I donít know him personally most people donít he might well be a real nice kid but he has the Wank Warren media wagon pushing him into our faces and it can piss people off, ditch the Wank and go to the sates and build a proper respectable career without the boo boy racists that besmirch the genuine people of England.

I agree, most of it has to do with race/religion. If he was white like Calzaghe and Hatton then most of the people who hate on him would have liked him because of his talent and skin, Its a shame people dont judge talent, they judge the background of the person.

uppercut_84
01-20-2008, 02:44 PM
I agree, most of it has to do with race/religion. If he was white like Calzaghe and Hatton then most of the people who hate on him would have liked him because of his talent and skin, Its a shame people dont judge talent, they judge the background of the person.

I think a large number use the excuse of not liking him due to him "being arrogant" as a guise for their dislike of his origin/religion. All boxers make boasts, yet nothing is ever said about them.

lateral1
01-20-2008, 02:50 PM
Khans very talented obviously. I wonder if his training team will hold him back, He does'nt appear to be developing lateral movement and he's still very open. I fear he will turn into another Hamed, his recent driving convictions show his increasing arrogance. Watch this space.

rooq
01-20-2008, 02:58 PM
i dislike aspects of his personality and its not racial. i'd like him to do well, but can't stand the FW created hype around him.

i do think its become fashionable to hate on him - i wouldn't be suprised if a lot of people joining the hate bandwagon were borderline (or fully fledged) racists. not all of them, but a lot of them.

blacksky
01-21-2008, 06:36 AM
i agree, alot of hate is due to the fact he is pakistani origin. If he were white they would all have a different opinion.

anth brown
01-21-2008, 01:10 PM
I noticed that Amir Khan gets a lot of hate from British fans. Do you guys think this is because we're used to seeing good promising prospects being destroyed and some what exposed in the big leagues?

I think a lot of the people that dont like Khan dont dislike him because of his attitude but more to the point its because they wanna see him tested.

I think more people should get behind Khan and realise that his lack of opposition (the only out standing name being Earl) is a result of Frank Warren's money making schemes.

Khan vs Mitchell is a fight I'd love to see materialise. I'm a fan of both and would love to see both these prospects tested against each other.

end of the day the lads only 21 yr old... what do you mean his lack of opposition ?? hes an up & comer - not someone fully stated as a major lightweight... he has to work his way up

hes onloy had 15 fights.... its a credit to him that theres even talk of a world title fight yet

i think he'll fight the best thats put in front of him -wether or not he falls at these hurdles or not is yet to be seen

PeROxiDE
01-21-2008, 01:43 PM

Its a mixture of his attitude and the lack of oppisition. He sounds like a fool claiming the things he does when he has fought noone (Earl was washed up)

Khan is actually a bad thing for British boxing. Calzaghe and other big names were on ITV before Khan, yet they are not now, do you know why? Its nothing to do with Setanta making a bigger bid, ITV DROPPED all boxing apart from Khan, lucky for us real boxing fans Setanta picked up Khans leftovers. Yet another reason I dislike Khan, he is ruining boxing in this country.

Judge others by your own standards by all means, but I will NOT be called a racist. I dislike Khan for the peron he is, not the colour he is, get it straight. Yet another reason to dislike Khan, idiot fanboys like you.

I think a large number use the excuse of not liking him due to him "being arrogant" as a guise for their dislike of his origin/religion. All boxers make boasts, yet nothing is ever said about them.

I am not racist, at this point in his career Khan has no right to make the claims that he is currently making, idiot fanboys who cry racism every time he is criticised need to grow up and get a life.

end of the day the lads only 21 yr old... what do you mean his lack of opposition ?? hes an up & comer - not someone fully stated as a major lightweight... he has to work his way up

hes onloy had 15 fights.... its a credit to him that theres even talk of a world title fight yet

i think he'll fight the best thats put in front of him -wether or not he falls at these hurdles or not is yet to be seen

Tell that to Khan next time he claims he will win a world title by the end of the year.....

As you can tell I dislike Khan quite a bit. I used to think he was a good boxer and a nice kid to boot, but sadly what little success he has experienced has gone straight to his head and I struggle to think of a more arrogant boxer in the world today, and if arrogance that cannot be backed up with actions was a sport, Khan would indeed a world champion.

Calzaghe-Fan
01-21-2008, 01:48 PM

How can you demand a title shot when you've fought nobody? The reason hes ranked so high has nothing to do with who hes fought but the hype that has been created around him.

I love Khan and wanna see him be a dominant force in boxing but if he climbs in the ropes against a guy like Katsidis hes gonna get schooled easily.

col Blake
01-21-2008, 02:48 PM
Wank Warren can do anything within the WBO you should know that by now, and when Khan is world champ just see how many bums he will fight and see them pass them off as top opps.

Unseen
01-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Its a mixture of his attitude and the lack of oppisition. He sounds like a fool claiming the things he does when he has fought noone (Earl was washed up)

Khan is actually a bad thing for British boxing. Calzaghe and other big names were on ITV before Khan, yet they are not now, do you know why? Its nothing to do with Setanta making a bigger bid, ITV DROPPED all boxing apart from Khan, lucky for us real boxing fans Setanta picked up Khans leftovers. Yet another reason I dislike Khan, he is ruining boxing in this country.

Judge others by your own standards by all means, but I will NOT be called a racist. I dislike Khan for the peron he is, not the colour he is, get it straight. Yet another reason to dislike Khan, idiot fanboys like you.

I am not racist, at this point in his career Khan has no right to make the claims that he is currently making, idiot fanboys who cry racism every time he is criticised need to grow up and get a life.

Tell that to Khan next time he claims he will win a world title by the end of the year.....

As you can tell I dislike Khan quite a bit. I used to think he was a good boxer and a nice kid to boot, but sadly what little success he has experienced has gone straight to his head and I struggle to think of a more arrogant boxer in the world today, and if arrogance that cannot be backed up with actions was a sport, Khan would indeed a world champion.

calz wasnt on itv a lot before khan actually. there was a time when no boxing was shown on mainstream tv in the uk. since the benn vs mcclealan fight boxing was dropped quite abit. i mean itv and the bbc showed very few fights.

calz was a champ for 10 years and he didnt bring back much to boxing. even audley harrison got more exposure. calzaghe is only now becoming a public figure.

khan hasnt done a lot for british boxing, but what makes a 21 year old have to bring boxing back to the uk? he's not a messiah. good on him that he's getting the deals from itv. around 8 million people watch his fights. hes young and making money. that is all it is.

Unseen
01-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Wank Warren can do anything within the WBO you should know that by now, and when Khan is world champ just see how many bums he will fight and see them pass them off as top opps.

juan diaz has thw wbo and katsidis has the interim so getting the wbo title would mean he has to fight 2 top fighters in the light weight division.

also to the guy who thinks his driving offence means he is getting arrogant. you saying you dont speed?

Makaaveli
01-22-2008, 05:09 AM
Peroxide, i dont think when people said some of the hate is due to race, that it applies to everyone that dislikes him.

Yeah, you'll get alot of hate now. But if he does get a title shot, and goes on to win it then i'm sure alot of people that hate him's opinion would probably change.

He's yet to do something major i think.

And tbh that speeding thing is just minor, when your at his age with a fast car your bound to make that kind of mistake. People treat it as if he done a rape or somin.

anth brown
01-22-2008, 12:48 PM
How can you demand a title shot when you've fought nobody? The reason hes ranked so high has nothing to do with who hes fought but the hype that has been created around him.

I love Khan and wanna see him be a dominant force in boxing but if he climbs in the ropes against a guy like Katsidis hes gonna get schooled easily.

a know, graham erarl floored katsidis... khan made short work of earl

mind due, i thijk that fight was stopped way to early

J Mac
01-31-2008, 06:27 PM

This is actually incorrect! as i stated and do feel free to google it, Calzaghe did not appear on ITV before Khan. The point I was making was that the whole Khan Band wagon opened these other british fighters up to get exposure on terrestial tv in britain. ITV's boxing coverage started up again because of Khan (the first show being his last amateur fight against Mario Kindelan)

RageX
01-31-2008, 08:12 PM
Peroxide gets owned again, something new?

aussieboxer2320
01-31-2008, 08:52 PM
khan is a talented boxer but he has absoloutely no heart or chin, believe me on feb 2 he will have the 1st loss on his pro record i am nearly positive, st. clair will be too experienced and ring smart for him, but honestly , khan is a ****ing joke how he has released an autobiography and a dvd thats just plain ridiculous all he has faced so far is mediocre to modestly talented fighters, while st.clair has gone up with diego corrales and the like, (never been stopped either)

dansapien
01-31-2008, 08:56 PM
yeah we all know the stats mate.

On paper it looks like amir will lose to me, but this fella aint anywhere near earls level as a pro in my opinion.

Gorguruga
02-01-2008, 05:27 AM
yeah but on paper Khan's looked like the underdog many times because of his inexperience..

Gorguruga
02-01-2008, 05:32 AM
khan is a talented boxer but he has absoloutely no heart or chin, believe me on feb 2 he will have the 1st loss on his pro record i am nearly positive, st. clair will be too experienced and ring smart for him, but honestly , khan is a ****ing joke how he has released an autobiography and a dvd thats just plain ridiculous all he has faced so far is mediocre to modestly talented fighters, while st.clair has gone up with diego corrales and the like, (never been stopped either)

if a company offers you an amount of money to do dvds or an autobiography you wouldn't say no would you. its not as if khan has approached the companies, the offers come his way and any boxer would gladly accept it. he's even been offered to record an album by simon cowell (of american/pop idol fame).

dansapien
02-01-2008, 07:02 AM
yeah but on paper Khan's looked like the underdog many times because of his inexperience..

thats exactly what I'm saying.

duffgun
02-01-2008, 08:40 AM
I find khan annoying he is getting more arrogant, i think he needs a loss on his record to re focus him and shut him up a bit.

J Mac
02-01-2008, 09:18 PM
Peroxide gets owned again, something new?

lol i just don't like it when stuff is said for the hell of it, without any facts whatsoever!

`STEELHEAD
02-02-2008, 03:10 AM

another euro type who is brought up soft. hard to tell what potential this guy has if and when he faces a top contender.
pablum fed.
similar to chavezjr.
their nutthuggers keep on jabbering about their lackey prowesses against inferior opponents.
it gets old listening to the repetitive post about chavezjr not having an amatuer career and thats why we should give him slack for fighting 3rd tier boys.

Never Alone
02-02-2008, 08:54 AM

My best mates stepdad was hoping Earl beat Khan as he had knocked Earl out when they were younger. Not bad being able to say you had knocked out a boxer who had beaten Khan!

alexsilver90
02-13-2008, 09:37 PM
thats exactly how i feel bout him british public think he gunna be the greatest lol

Mickey Gomez
02-14-2008, 05:29 AM
There is a lot of bad sentiment directed towards Khan, but I don't think it's towards him as a person specifically, moreover it's at the hype that surrounds him.

I would consider myself an Amir Khan "fan" however I don't think he is a future pound for pound number 1 (as some people would lead you to believe).

I think Frank Warren is a lot to blame for the "hate" against Khan. Warren started shouting about Amir too early. Khan has a long way to go (and I'm not saying he'll ever get there) before he can hang with the big boys.

His defense is poor and he has a weak chin. Two prime ingredients in a recipe for disaster. Khan hasn't even fought at welterweight yet (his natural weight), all this hype is a detriment in my eyes.

col Blake
02-14-2008, 11:05 AM
There is a lot of bad sentiment directed towards Khan, but I don't think it's towards him as a person specifically, moreover it's at the hype that surrounds him.

I would consider myself an Amir Khan "fan" however I don't think he is a future pound for pound number 1 (as some people would lead you to believe).

I think Frank Warren is a lot to blame for the "hate" against Khan. Warren started shouting about Amir too early. Khan has a long way to go (and I'm not saying he'll ever get there) before he can hang with the big boys.

His defense is poor and he has a weak chin. Two prime ingredients in a recipe for disaster. Khan hasn't even fought at welterweight yet (his natural weight), all this hype is a detriment in my eyes.
likewise I'm not a Khan hater per-say but I think he should wind his neck in a bit, he will not dominate his division but I do hope he goes of to the states and spanks the yanks.

PeROxiDE
02-15-2008, 10:27 AM
This is actually incorrect! as i stated and do feel free to google it, Calzaghe did not appear on ITV before Khan. The point I was making was that the whole Khan Band wagon opened these other british fighters up to get exposure on terrestial tv in britain. ITV's boxing coverage started up again because of Khan (the first show being his last amateur fight against Mario Kindelan)

So you are seriously trying to tell me that a punk kid with 16 fights against bums was on terrestrial TV before an undefeated champion with 44 fights? I remember watching Calzaghe on TV when I was younger, and as it was a long time ago, and we didnt have Sky, it must have been a terrestrial broadcast. Khan IS bad for British boxing. The moment ITV realise that Khan is actually **** compared to a halfway decent fighter, they will pull ALL boxing completely. (Audley Harrison and the BBC anyone?)

All these people who are saying that its the hype they dont like, I agree, but the little twat is also the most arrogant cunt since Naz retired. Fair enough have confidence, but to say you are the best in the world? Who has he beaten? And I dont want the old "16 fights and you want him to be fighting world champions", because I dont, he's still green, and nowhere near the best in the world. The sooner he realises this, the sooner he will earn the respect of true boxing fans.

Gorguruga
02-15-2008, 03:36 PM
The sooner he realises this, the sooner he will earn the respect of true boxing fans.

Khan earned the respect of true boxing fans when he won the Olympic silver medal at 17.