View Full Version : Get in shape Contest!! Revisited!!!!

LiLHopkins
01-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Why don't we have this contest you guys and we can workout together, but seperate. Post a Pic and in 6 weeks take another just like the legendary JoeBoxer did.

Salty
01-12-2008, 03:31 AM
i would be keen for this defently need to get my fitness back after a two week break didn't realise how quickly it could leave

Greatwhitehope
01-12-2008, 05:10 AM
I'm in, I just started getting back into the gym three days ago and my footy training starts back tomorrow.

LiLHopkins
01-12-2008, 02:18 PM
okay. wwe got two in

Kayo
01-12-2008, 03:07 PM
I think im gunna lose now that i just got a fake i.d but we'll see if i can overcome the temptations. So i guess im in though i dont have much to lose.

LiLHopkins
01-13-2008, 12:13 AM
That great the more people that we get, the more focused we get.

GTL
01-13-2008, 12:18 AM
im down.. wuts the rules.. post them here?

oovavu
01-13-2008, 04:12 PM
I could do with losing a pound or 20.

P4PKING_2008
01-13-2008, 04:16 PM
I'd do it but not to lose weight just tone up. Do we all start at the same time or just post the pics?

Nicky_Hatton
01-13-2008, 04:22 PM
This is tempting. I'm going to start tommorow. Maybe not for 6 intense weeks though.

P4PKING_2008
01-13-2008, 04:30 PM
This is tempting. I'm going to start tommorow. Maybe not for 6 intense weeks though.

Come on, man after the first six weeks you will want to keep it up. Lol. We need more numbers.

ashthadon
01-13-2008, 04:38 PM
i'm in lads

ashthadon
01-13-2008, 04:39 PM
wen do we start n that

Nicky_Hatton
01-13-2008, 04:43 PM
Come on, man after the first six weeks you will want to keep it up. Lol. We need more numbers.

Ha probably. Alright I'll attempt the six weeks thing.

Starting tommorow?

I'll get a height and weight measurement, and a few pictures.

The one that prompted me into this was on friday, when I was round my mates getting pissed. At the time it seemed like a good idea, however upon picture reflection I look horrible.

P4PKING_2008
01-13-2008, 04:47 PM
Ha probably. Alright I'll attempt the six weeks thing.

Starting tommorow?

I'll get a height and weight measurement, and a few pictures.

The one that prompted me into this was on friday, when I was round my mates getting pissed. At the time it seemed like a good idea, however upon picture reflection I look horrible.

We all starting tomorrow?

Your not gonna grow lol. Yh I'm gonna do the same pic of front(chest and abs) back (shoulders etc.) Is that it?

Good to see Ive tempted ya lol I would never be arsed doing this if it wwasn't about posting the pics for improvements lol.

Nicky_Hatton
01-13-2008, 04:51 PM
We all starting tomorrow?

Your not gonna grow lol. Yh I'm gonna do the same pic of front(chest and abs) back (shoulders etc.) Is that it?

Good to see Ive tempted ya lol I would never be arsed doing this if it wwasn't about posting the pics for improvements lol.

Oh, count me out then. lol.

Nah i thought it'd be interesting for 1. I don't know my own short height, and 2. BMI

I'm going to roughly follow that routine thing.

What do you think about my other thread here?

P4PKING_2008
01-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Oh, count me out then. lol.

Nah i thought it'd be interesting for 1. I don't know my own short height, and 2. BMI

I'm going to roughly follow that routine thing.

What do you think about my other thread here?

Yeah good thinking I'm gonna do the same even though I doubt I will grow at all.

You mean that routine from the link I gave in the other thead?

Nicky_Hatton
01-13-2008, 05:15 PM
Nah mate, not that abs one. Just the other general strentgh changing.
To be honest I doubt I'll change much. I just want a better looking stomach, leaner legs and firmer guns.

Oh and to be able to play a whole football(socer) match without been knackered. I think I could be a much better player if I had the fitness. For example I came on for about 10/15 minutes at the end and was cream crackered. I can't sprint without tiring aswell.

And work on some boxing, for self defense.

P4PKING_2008
01-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Nah mate, not that abs one. Just the other general strentgh changing.
To be honest I doubt I'll change much. I just want a better looking stomach, leaner legs and firmer guns.

Oh and to be able to play a whole football(socer) match without been knackered. I think I could be a much better player if I had the fitness. For example I came on for about 10/15 minutes at the end and was cream crackered. I can't sprint without tiring aswell.

And work on some boxing, for self defense.

Ah right the sit up and pull up bars? I don't think you will need them much becuase they won't help you loads.

Yeha I just want to tone up my upper body, because I have ordered an exercise bike from argos liek 2 weeks ago and still hasn't come, but when it comes I'll will be using that loads coupled with running and working out. I should improve.
The bike link below. Half price as well :D
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500000701&langId=-1&searchTerms=fusion%20cycle
Just do some regular running to improve for footie. How old r ya m8? I'm 17 btw.
I am currently gymless, my old gym got demolished so were meant to be moving up to a different one an awesome one as well if our trainer hurries up lol. But if he doesn't get it done in about a month most of my mates are going to a different one. So theres still options lol. Do ya go to a gym?

LiLHopkins
01-14-2008, 12:56 PM
How about Tuesday Jan. 15th?

Tenacious
01-14-2008, 01:04 PM
Whats good ive been reading this site for awhile never posted though.. Im down to do this. I got a broken finger though so my training is limited.

NeXt In Line
01-14-2008, 01:34 PM
I'm in for this ****, I actually have a fight comin up in April for a competition my school's doing against a club from South Boston, so I've been ready to start this, but this'll give me a nice little boost of motivation.

Keep in mind, I'm a big kid, 6'1 254lbs, and I quit lifting weights cause I wasn't losing any, but I try different exercises to keep my strength up and whatnot. As I say at the gym: It's JONES TIME.

sterling
01-14-2008, 02:03 PM
erm im gna be in this :) my aswell im 5ft9 a junior lightwieght boxer in training hopefully going amatuer this year but yeh il post pics.

Nicky_Hatton
01-14-2008, 02:18 PM
Ah right the sit up and pull up bars? I don't think you will need them much becuase they won't help you loads.

Yeha I just want to tone up my upper body, because I have ordered an exercise bike from argos liek 2 weeks ago and still hasn't come, but when it comes I'll will be using that loads coupled with running and working out. I should improve.
The bike link below. Half price as well :D
http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10001&catalogId=1500000701&langId=-1&searchTerms=fusion%20cycle
Just do some regular running to improve for footie. How old r ya m8? I'm 17 btw.
I am currently gymless, my old gym got demolished so were meant to be moving up to a different one an awesome one as well if our trainer hurries up lol. But if he doesn't get it done in about a month most of my mates are going to a different one. So theres still options lol. Do ya go to a gym?

Funnily enough, 17 as well. You still at school?

Nice bike. Mine is a ****ter. It has about 8 gears on it, I think they've lost strength though. If that's possible.

Nah Aint got a gym, I've always fancied going but never really had anyone to go with. Feeble excuse perhaps but still. I've got a treadmill , exercise bike, and a skipping rope at home ha. Also got that sit up bar, and press up bars today, will give them a whirl later. I tend to do more natural exercises but might invest in some more gear next month.

Kayo
01-14-2008, 02:32 PM

Nice bike. Mine is a ****ter. It has about 8 gears on it, I think they've lost strength though. If that's possible.

Nah Aint got a gym, I've always fancied going but never really had anyone to go with. Feeble excuse perhaps but still. I've got a treadmill , exercise bike, and a skipping rope at home ha. Also got that sit up bar, and press up bars today, will give them a whirl later. I tend to do more natural exercises but might invest in some more gear next month.

Dont worry bout going alone man. At first you may seem a little overwhelmed but within a couple of weeks your friends with everyone

P4PKING_2008
01-14-2008, 03:06 PM

Yeah well 6th form/college. And you?

Cheers lol its taking its time to come. You just can't trust argos for home delivery lol.

Man, you need to get to a boxing gym. Awesome workout and you could find that your awesome at it, ya never no lol. All I have at home is a punchbag and weights that I can use. I also, have a speedball and skipping rope that I can't really use due to lack of room and it won't do much for my fitness lol. What do ya think to these weights I've found on Argos. The ones I have are too light now for me and I can do too many reps with them.
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3028302/Trail/C%24cip%3D1500006228.Sports%2Band%2Bfitness%3EC%24 cip%3D1500006269.Home%2Bgym%2Bequipment%3EC%24cip% 3D1500006273.Weights%2Band%2Bdumbells.htm
Tell me how the sit up and press up bars are please. I could be tempted to buy them. Because whenever I pay money for things you have to just use them for ages to get your moneys worth lol.
Yeah that website I posted uses mostly body weight resistance like squats, burpees etc. So that will work well for me before I get some usable weights lol.

D.I.E.S.E.L
01-14-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm in.....But I won't start lifting until jan 31st.

The Iron Man
01-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Id join but i aint got no digital camera or webcam..ill still use it as a bit of motivation and start 2mz. The gym at uni is only ***163;5 a year cose im a student here!!!!

LiLHopkins
01-14-2008, 04:48 PM
So we will end it Febuary 19th.

P4PKING_2008
01-14-2008, 04:51 PM
So we will end it Febuary 19th.

Thats five weeks, if im not wrong? To be entered as such we should have to hold up a newspaper to prove the date. Agree?

Rane-Ex54
01-14-2008, 05:05 PM
I'm in, bout a year and a half ago I was in aweseom shape. Past year/two I still went to gym & sparred with friends regually but I guess not as regulary as I thought, cause I gained like 20-25 pounds. Sometimes you just don't know till you hit the scale, then seriouslly look at yourself. I need to drop at least 25-30 lbs. Hoping to do it by mid April.

Good Luck to yall, Don't eat after Dinner!!!!!

Kayo
01-14-2008, 05:22 PM
I'l take some pics after training tonight. Theirs a slight chance...i might not be here for the end though lol. My family might take a quick business trip to London England :S

jlocs
01-15-2008, 02:14 AM
I'm down I need to lose some poundage anyways!!!!!

2swell k-wells
01-15-2008, 12:19 PM
Why don't we have this contest you guys and we can workout together, but seperate. Post a Pic and in 6 weeks take another just like the legendary JoeBoxer did.

Count me in...:damnit1:

P4PKING_2008
01-15-2008, 12:24 PM
Count me in...:damnit1:

We start it today

2swell k-wells
01-15-2008, 01:37 PM
We start it today

Great and I just had the perfect breakfast...fries. When does this end? I dont want to go back and look at the other comments.

sterling
01-15-2008, 07:00 PM
well this was me today after training and by the way i wiegh 59kg im a junior lightweight does anyone here think i look like one from the pic?
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/3308/sterlingzb9.th.png (http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sterlingzb9.png)
il post the others next week i guess

P4PKING_2008
01-15-2008, 07:36 PM
well this was me today after training and by the way i wiegh 59kg im a junior lightweight does anyone here think i look like one from the pic?
http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/3308/sterlingzb9.th.png (http://img174.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sterlingzb9.png)
il post the others next week i guess

I think we are meant to in 6 weeks time just post two pics one now and one in 6 weeks, not every week. But I may be wrong, doubt it, but I may be.

How old are ya? And you can't tell someones weight from a pic lol. But you look about right for lightweight.

P4PKING_2008
01-15-2008, 07:36 PM
Great and I just had the perfect breakfast...fries. When does this end? I dont want to go back and look at the other comments.

6 weeks time m8.

Kayo
01-15-2008, 07:56 PM
i got a new camera and im reading the instructions tonight i cant figure out how to get rid of the flash cause it ****s it up taking it in the mirror

LiLHopkins
01-15-2008, 09:35 PM
yup 6 weeks. I'll post my pic later.

I took an off day today. I worked out some yesterday. Today I ate three tuna sandwiches, a bowl of corn and weiner soup, two honey buns, and Two servings of pickle chips. That's throughout the day not all at one time.

JoeyBB
01-15-2008, 09:38 PM
yup 6 weeks. I'll post my pic later.

I took an off day today. I worked out some yesterday. Today I ate three tuna sandwiches, a bowl of corn and weiner soup, two honey buns, and Two servings of pickle chips. That's throughout the day not all at one time.

You fat bastard.

sterling
01-15-2008, 10:33 PM
I think we are meant to in 6 weeks time just post two pics one now and one in 6 weeks, not every week. But I may be wrong, doubt it, but I may be.

How old are ya? And you can't tell someones weight from a pic lol. But you look about right for lightweight.

lol ok il post another one in 6 weeks i guess im 19

2swell k-wells
01-16-2008, 03:10 AM
6 weeks time m8.

Perfect, ya'll will lose, I train like a maniac!:boxing:

P4PKING_2008
01-16-2008, 12:36 PM
lol ok il post another one in 6 weeks i guess im 19

You don't have to by any means lol its just you would see a greater improvement if you posted um further apart. Ah right cos were same weight and height but im 17.

oovavu
01-16-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm 5"8 and 154 lbs a stone lighter than I thought so thats good I want to get down to 130-5 defore bulking up to 147ish. I'll post pics tomorrow.

2swell k-wells
01-16-2008, 01:25 PM
I'm 5"8 and 154 lbs a stone lighter than I thought so thats good I want to get down to 130-5 defore bulking up to 147ish. I'll post pics tomorrow.

.....Damn! your small.

oovavu
01-16-2008, 01:54 PM
.....Damn! your small.

same size as mayweather and with a longer reach too, but yea at least i aint verse small hehe.

The Iron Man
01-16-2008, 05:24 PM
well im doing this, ill try to get hold of a camera for pictures..if not i guess ill keep going but wont enter just let you lot know how im doing. I dnt Box just love the sport, and like to be in shape. I always wanted to Box but now with Uni and footy and work i dnt have any spare time!.

Im 5ft 6 and115lbs, which is damn small, i have good stamina and speed. And Pound for Pound stronger then my m8s i go to the gym with!

Good luck people

JoeyBB
01-16-2008, 08:26 PM
I want to get my weight UP.

Can I do it.

I'm 6'4'' 220 at the moment. Wnat to get to 230 (which should be easy, but still).

D.I.E.S.E.L
01-16-2008, 09:00 PM
I want to get my weight UP.

Can I do it.

I'm 6'4'' 220 at the moment. Wnat to get to 230 (which should be easy, but still).

my question is why? Most people at your weight aren't focused on gaining more weight.

JoeyBB
01-16-2008, 09:02 PM
my question is why? Most people at your weight aren't focused on gaining more weight.

Why???

Good question.

Cause I have small pecs. I am defined pretty much everywhere except for my pecs. They are average and it pisses me off. I want that Adonis 6'4'' 230 look. Something like Shawn Merriman :D

D.I.E.S.E.L
01-16-2008, 09:10 PM
Why???

Good question.

Cause I have small pecs. I am defined pretty much everywhere except for my pecs. They are average and it pisses me off. I want that Adonis 6'4'' 230 look. Something like Shawn Merriman :D

You don't have to gain weight to get bigger pecs. Hitting your chest with some German Volume training should do the trick, you'll actually need to lose weight to get bigger pecs.

JoeyBB
01-16-2008, 09:11 PM
You don't have to gain weight to get bigger pecs. Hitting your chest with some German Volume training should do the trick, you'll actually need to lose weight to get bigger pecs.

Obviously. But I want to add 10 lbs of bulk muscle and then cut for a few weeks.

German volume training? Explain.

D.I.E.S.E.L
01-16-2008, 09:17 PM
Obviously. But I want to add 10 lbs of bulk muscle and then cut for a few weeks.

German volume training? Explain.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis13.htm
That says it all. But you have to be dedicated. You can't start then decide to stop halfway or else whats the point?

JoeyBB
01-16-2008, 09:20 PM
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/luis13.htm
That says it all. But you have to be dedicated. You can't start then decide to stop halfway or else whats the point?

That's pretty much how i've trained my whole life. I am not big on maxing out.

D.I.E.S.E.L
01-16-2008, 09:24 PM
That's pretty much how i've trained my whole life. I am not big on maxing out.

Now I know your lying..If you did, then you wouldn't be in the predicament your in. That type of training isn't about maxing out, your doing 60% of your max for 10sets of 10 reps...You must have not understood the article.

JoeyBB
01-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Now I know your lying..If you did, then you wouldn't be in the predicament your in. That type of training isn't about maxing out, your doing 60% of your max for 10sets of 10 reps...You must have not understood the article.

To be honest, I skimmed the article. Big habit of mine which i should cut out. ****s me over in school.

And in regards to my body, it's pretty much all natural. The only thing i have worked is my legs and six pack. I was a soccer player for 12 years and i was on a plyo's program that really developed my leg adn explosive strength.

But if we're talking upper body....i've barely worked out a day in my life to build...i've just maintained the past year. I'm really looking to buld the pecs now though.

NeXt In Line
01-17-2008, 01:08 AM
I havent taken a picture yet, but i started training the day we all agreed on, so i'll just take a pic tomorrow with a paper, or something else i can find with a date, and then ill take another the last day, but since i'm lookin grimey and fat right now, i aint postin the before till the final date :boxing:

BiggyGuns91
01-17-2008, 01:29 AM
im in but i start working out feb 1st, ill take till april 1st to put pics u[

2swell k-wells
01-17-2008, 02:19 PM
Anyone Else going for the Ronnie Coleman look?

Tenacious
01-17-2008, 06:01 PM
So whens the official start date?! I gotta see if i can take a picture i only have a computer at work right now but getting mine back soon at home.

2swell k-wells
01-18-2008, 08:01 AM
So whens the official start date?! I gotta see if i can take a picture i only have a computer at work right now but getting mine back soon at home.

It has started already, couple days ago I believe.