No announcement yet.

Back Pain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back Pain

recently ive been working on my defence a lot more & whilst sparring with my Bro ive been letting him lead & then trying to evade the punches by leaning & Bending to the side etc from the waist aswell as my knees ,however i got up this morning & my lower back is in agony

is thier anything i can do short term to make the pain ease off as i am due to go to the Gym Tomorrow ive already put of my running for tonight cause of it ,everytime i straighten my back up it hurts

any ideas

I got a real ****ty lower back. Stretch before and after training and ice it as much as possible, that's all you can really do about it.

a really good lower back stretch is when you lie on your back and bring one leg up and over across your body while keeping both shoulders touching the ground. then switch.

hope that helps

Comment

suggest you will not go to the gym (if you mean boxing gym by gym?) tomorrow. You better rest because with every move in boxing you will use your back.

You need to strengthen your core.

I assume you do plenty of ab exercises already but for the
      back exercises do like deads, rows etc.
      At the same time, you need to work on your legs with squats and lunges because as they say in bodybuilding have strong legs and your upperbody will follow. Have strong legs and your core will be strong too.

I started to apply strength training with my boxing 2 years ago and it has solved my back problem for good.

good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X