View Full Version : i reckon khan is on the run

dansapien
01-08-2008, 07:13 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/boxing/7177794.stm

heihaci
01-08-2008, 07:25 PM
The board will be disappointed that Khan has decided not to put himself forward for the bidding process, and also that Thaxton appears to have turned down a career-best purse

dansapien
01-08-2008, 07:45 PM
its clear warrren would have offered him a pittance.

he deserves a fair amount even if amir is the bigger name amongst tv land.

NO FEAR
01-08-2008, 08:20 PM
Be aware, there is a small band of infidel with breath smelling of Khan's nuts. They try to attack on any mention of the fact their fighter doesn't appear to follow up his boasts of being able to easily defeat Thaxton.

It's a pity Amir Khan couldn't swerve around that guy who's leg he broke as well as he can swerve around Jon Thaxton eh? Haha.

Thaxton ain't getting any younger, so if this fight doesn't take place in the first 3-5 months of this year then it is just gonna be a pointless exercise when it does as Thaxton will be too far over the hill to pose a real threat.

apollo creed
01-09-2008, 03:12 AM
how can khan be ducking thaxton if his fight against the danish kid puts him line to face katsidis who's about to become full champion?

i lmao at those claims.

dansapien
01-09-2008, 04:34 AM
i'd bet everything i own khan would duck katisidis as well.

maybe your not familiar with the frank warren business model.

heihaci
01-09-2008, 04:58 AM
its clear warrren would have offered him a pittance.

he deserves a fair amount even if amir is the bigger name amongst tv land.

the guy was willing to fight for free so why now turn down a career best purse?

blacksky
01-09-2008, 05:28 AM
i Khan cared about boxing fans he would fight Thaxton

CraigM
01-09-2008, 05:34 AM
I don't see what Khan would gain from a Thaxton fight

blacksky
01-09-2008, 05:36 AM
respectability. Thaxton thinks he is number 1 in the UK, if Khan was a real fighter he would shut him up.

The Rela
01-09-2008, 06:49 AM
Khan has fought a bunch of no-bodies and got floored twice.

blacksky
01-09-2008, 06:54 AM
i know he went down against limond, what was his other knock down?

Onslow.
01-09-2008, 08:24 AM
I don't see what Khan would gain from a Thaxton fight

Experienced fight fans respect.

Thats what he'd earn - and he'd back up the tripe he's been speaking too.

Khan: "I'm the best blah blah blah".

Well fine, Amir, i appreciate the confidence. Prove it - fight Thaxton.

dansapien
01-09-2008, 08:52 AM
exactly, khan has everything to gain from fighting thaxton.

i didnt realise khan had so many nut huggers already.

Makaaveli
01-09-2008, 11:02 AM
You guys, i bet even if khan did fight thaxton and beats him, you would never stop the hate on him, you would still say that he's fighting a bunch of nobodies.

Thaxton is a nobody, everyone knows khan can destroy him. Khan just wants to get straight to the point, and that's the world title.

He doesn't got to prove anything by fighting thaxton, because he knows that even if he does fight him, he wouldn't have proven anything apart from he's the best in "britain" but he can pick that up by winning the world title...

blacksky
01-09-2008, 11:08 AM
You guys, i bet even if khan did fight thaxton and beats him, you would never stop the hate on him, you would still say that he's fighting a bunch of nobodies.

Thaxton is a nobody, everyone knows khan can destroy him. Khan just wants to get straight to the point, and that's the world title.

He doesn't got to prove anything by fighting thaxton, because he knows that even if he does fight him, he wouldn't have proven anything apart from he's the best in "britain" but he can pick that up by winning the world title...

but people like to see two guys who hate each other going at it.

id rather watch him fight Thaxton because they hate eachother than him fight for some second rate 'world belt'.

if Khan is so good, why doesn`t he fight Thaxton

col Blake
01-09-2008, 11:14 AM
I do believe he is ducking Thaxton, I think he could beat Thaxton, but is he worried about is chin, Wank Warran can't protect him for ever, unleash him now.

Onslow.
01-09-2008, 11:49 AM
I do believe he is ducking Thaxton, I think he could beat Thaxton, but is he worried about is chin, Wank Warran can't protect him for ever, unleash him now.

Theres the problem...duck Thaxton long enough and Thaxton will disapear off the map.

Truth is, Thaxton will be passed it eventually....

perhaps when Thaxtons legs go and he's off to the post box to collect his pension, thats when Amir will start calling him out.

PeROxiDE
01-09-2008, 12:33 PM
Khan is an arrogant little ****. I wouldnt be suprised if he never wins a world title, at that level you need a chin, and he hasnt got one. All this talk about him fighting Juan Diaz or Katsidis is a joke, both men KO him inside 3. Warren just wants people to think that Khan is ready for a world title so he can charge more for tickets to go and see him fight bums all his career. If, however, he does fight for a world title, I for one cant wait, as this charade will soon be over.

And WTF is going on with ITV, they only show Khans fights, thats a ****ing disgrace to british fighters who are worth more than a piece of **** on the grass down the local park. They could show Calzaghe, Maccarinelli, Hatton, Haye, Alex Arthur, Gavin rees, you know, proven fighters who actually hold world titles and have decent chins, but instead we get Franks token muslim boy beating up on bums.

Unseen
01-09-2008, 01:56 PM
the guy was willing to fight for free so why now turn down a career best purse?

i think he wanted to fight khan when khan was busy. now that khan has mentioned him then he has chickened out. althoguh i can never believe what frank says 100%

heihaci
01-09-2008, 01:56 PM
Franks token muslim boy??
wtf??

General public are more interested in Khan fights so it makes sense ITV wanted to show only Khan fights.

rooq
01-09-2008, 01:59 PM

khan probably would fight him. but that wouldn't fit in with the warren business plan. why put khan in against thaxton, a fight only hardcore boxing fans are bothered about when he can make just as much money putting him in against "soft" opposition and get a shiny wbo intercontinental belt out of it, with a near guarantee of eventually inheriting a vacant wbo world title belt.

its all about financial risk and reward - warren doesn't care if his fighters are seen as "ducking" unless it starts to effect him financially.

CraigM
01-09-2008, 02:38 PM
Experienced fight fans respect.

Thats what he'd earn - and he'd back up the tripe he's been speaking too.

Khan: "I'm the best blah blah blah".

Well fine, Amir, i appreciate the confidence. Prove it - fight Thaxton.

But Thaxton isn't the best, judging by recent performances far from it, he's just being sensible, it's a high risk fight in which he could easily lose and he'd only gain a little portion of respect from fight fans.

But backing up his tripe, couldn't agree more!

dansapien
01-09-2008, 04:04 PM

i think your a newcomer to boxing by the sound of it, so you should probably learn about the sport a bit before trying to engage in debate.

khan has said plenty of times he wants the british title, and dont forget its only the wbo belt he's heading for, and he's nowhere near a challenge for the ring belt yet. The WBO proves he's managed by Warren and thats about it.

the only reason a lot of people dislike khan is because he's taken the route of so many other Frank Warren managed boxers.

oovavu
01-09-2008, 04:23 PM
The fact of the matter is Amir is warrens cash cow and he's going to milk him for all he's worth, hes not yet fought anyne with an ok defence who can also bang and hes not going to until he's paid his dues, then we'll see what he's really made of.

I do like the way he fights tho even if he is a complete dick, but all the talent in the world isn't going to protect your chin.

CraigM
01-10-2008, 02:13 PM
i think your a newcomer to boxing by the sound of it, so you should probably learn about the sport a bit before trying to engage in debate.

khan has said plenty of times he wants the british title, and dont forget its only the wbo belt he's heading for, and he's nowhere near a challenge for the ring belt yet. The WBO proves he's managed by Warren and thats about it.

the only reason a lot of people dislike khan is because he's taken the route of so many other Frank Warren managed boxers.

Look don't try to make this personal, it's a debate, nothing more nothing less not an petty internet arguement.

Khan is already Commonwealth Title holder, soon to be intercontinental title, the british title would be a big step back and he wouldn't defend anyway so the fight would end up to be a big waste of the british title.

I'm quite sure that the WBO title is still a recognised world title, wether Franky owns it or not.