View Full Version : Average height ranges in each weight class?

Townes
01-08-2008, 01:06 AM
Hey.

Here's a question I've been wanting answered for a while. Now I know you get the odd freaks, 5'9 heavyweights, 6'0 super bantamweights etc, but I'm just wondering what are the average height ranges.. eg. around 5'5 to 5'9 welterweight etc. As far as you guys know what are they.

I ask this too because I've been told by my trainer to pick the weight that I feel strongest at, I have a couple months to experiment with that. Currently I'm at around featherweight and I feel ok but I'm considering bulking up to maybe lightweight or light welterweight. Just wondering about the difference in average heights for the weights.

Thanks.

phallus
01-08-2008, 01:14 AM
Hey.

Here's a question I've been wanting answered for a while. Now I know you get the odd freaks, 5'9 heavyweights, 6'0 super bantamweights etc, but I'm just wondering what are the average height ranges.. eg. around 5'5 to 5'9 welterweight etc. As far as you guys know what are they.

I ask this too because I've been told by my trainer to pick the weight that I feel strongest at, I have a couple months to experiment with that. Currently I'm at around featherweight and I feel ok but I'm considering bulking up to maybe lightweight or light welterweight. Just wondering about the difference in average heights for the weights.

Thanks.

when i was an amateur i was 165, i'm 5'9" but most of the guys i fought were in the 5'11" - 6" range. look at the fights on tv, u'll see that a tall 135 would be a guy that's 5'9", while the same height is closer to average at 147, 154 the average would be around 5'10" - 5'11". there's a lot of 5'9" 168 lb fighters for some reason. at 175, they start getting taller on the average, more six footers and lots of guys around 6'2" +, hw is about the same with some really tall guys, 6'4"+