View Full Version : Cut Knuckle..

Al3x
01-06-2008, 06:05 PM
yesterday i cut my knuckle on the heavy bag, i thought nothing of it until just now wen i went back on the bag i put my wraps on and some gloves on and started to warmup after about 4-5 mins i sped up a little and started hitting harder after about a minute of that i stopped cus i felt a little sore so i took the glove off and the handwrap off and i was bleeding ( not much ) so i stopped.

I was wondering if anyone knows what i could do to protect that knuckle when on the bag so i dont have to wait like 2-3 days for it to scab over and heal...

Thanks

Alex

:boxing:

Count Patron
01-06-2008, 07:05 PM
You are wrapping your hands too tight. The wrap cut your knuckle because it was too tightly wrapped over it.

Al3x
01-06-2008, 07:29 PM
i dont think so mate i did it with just the wraps on becuase of an uppercut i did i dont think it has anything to do with the wraps tbh..

mr tricky
01-07-2008, 03:13 PM
i dont understand,

did u ox with just the wraps on and no gloves, then thats why you need bag Gloves.

msagrain
01-07-2008, 03:51 PM
You are wrapping your hands too tight. The wrap cut your knuckle because it was too tightly wrapped over it.

yeh that and also you might be punching to hard with wild punches. Also try to get a good pair of gloves.

Al3x
01-07-2008, 05:17 PM
i have a pair oif 12oz gloves but sometimes i take them off for a while and just hit thw bag w/o them on to make sure im doin everhting rite but i did an uppercut and misjudged the swing of the bag and i clipped it resulting in the cut knuckle

and ive just got back off and its ripped the scab off WITH my gloves on as its a little delicate place i was wondering if anyone knows wot i could put over it to protect it besides a plaster as that dont work lol :p

thanks

Alex

THE REED™
01-07-2008, 05:18 PM
yesterday i cut my knuckle on the heavy bag, i thought nothing of it until just now wen i went back on the bag i put my wraps on and some gloves on and started to warmup after about 4-5 mins i sped up a little and started hitting harder after about a minute of that i stopped cus i felt a little sore so i took the glove off and the handwrap off and i was bleeding ( not much ) so i stopped.

I was wondering if anyone knows what i could do to protect that knuckle when on the bag so i dont have to wait like 2-3 days for it to scab over and heal...

Thanks

Alex

:boxing:

theres nothin u can do ... u have to let it heal.. its happen to me before and i tried everything as well... the impact alone will open it up everytime... either deal with the pain or let it heal

Al3x
01-07-2008, 05:43 PM
cheers, pain it is can't have set backs this early on lol :p

sterling
01-07-2008, 06:09 PM
i use everlast gel wraps they protect ur hands well but pad ur gloves out a bit and also they are alot easier then hand wraps.

Al3x
01-07-2008, 06:25 PM
ite man cheers for the idea

Tyson Jones
01-07-2008, 06:34 PM
When in training I used the everlast evergel wraps underneith my 16 oz everlast bag gloves and I still cut my knuckles sometimes. Its just part of boxing. I just punch through the pain, but anymore Im so used to it. It usually only happens on the middle knuckel however and the skin is so tough now that it doesnt open as much. Good luck though.

Spirit
01-07-2008, 06:40 PM
Exactly, it is part of boxing. Be sure to punch correctly and accurately, do not let the glove slip off the bag. I used to have this problem all the time due to these faults in my technique. It usually happened to me when I'd been doing bag work for over 40 minutes and was starting to get tired