View Full Version : lonsdale/grant glove rip off

big paulie
01-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Anyone know the end result of what happened when lonsdale plastered their logo over calzaghes grant gloves in kessler fight?

robjr
01-06-2008, 05:22 PM
cant believe they did that.. f@gs.

Left2body
01-06-2008, 06:50 PM
They also had a lonsdale sticker in one of Hatton's fights, either Urango or Castillo fight not sure. I guess its a sponsorship thing.

robjr
01-06-2008, 06:57 PM
still those werent there product.. thats just brutal.. :nonono:

dansapien
01-06-2008, 07:15 PM
yeah i never heard what happened about that, i remember reading some interview with elvis and he was going nuts about it.

LOLORSKATES
01-06-2008, 08:37 PM
hatton has taped over against Castillo I believe, but I guess it's sorta like football players having to wear a certain companies cleats or if they were a different company's they'd have to tape over the logo to avoid a fine

skilgannon
01-07-2008, 01:35 AM
hatton even has the lonsdale logo over some f his gloves that he does his workouts in like the everlast glove witht he lonsdale logo over it

LOLORSKATES
01-07-2008, 03:35 AM
it's all sponsorship folks. Does lonsdale make some crappy gloves so they just commandeer other company's or is his supply lines sorta choked?

big paulie
01-07-2008, 10:23 AM
hatton usually wears everlast with lonsdale logo but because he has done it a few times i assumed they had a deal but i know grant didnt give permission for the calzaghe fight, and i believe team calzaghe directly went to grant to produce a glove for them for the kessler fight. i think its a diabolical liberty.

macman
01-07-2008, 10:42 PM
hatton usually wears everlast with lonsdale logo but because he has done it a few times i assumed they had a deal but i know grant didnt give permission for the calzaghe fight, and i believe team calzaghe directly went to grant to produce a glove for them for the kessler fight. i think its a diabolical liberty.

Saw an interview on this as well.

Grant made the gloves specially for the fight, & did a great job.
Calzaghe throwing much harder shots than he has been recently against Kessler, obviously not worrying about his hands, & apparently thanked Grant in an interview after the fight.

Don't know who put the Lonsdale logo on the gloves, but it was very bad form.

sterling
01-09-2008, 06:58 AM
lonsdale haha they are funny as ****