View Full Version : Me Shadowboxing!

tmoqsudz
01-06-2008, 11:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUd3zVMR3Sc

Just a 30 video of me shadowboxing....

Please no haters! Just want to know anything i can improve on, what pointers you can give me, anything im doing wrong and if im good or not? Im 5ft 11 and 172 lbs. Thx

PS. its a bit blurry sorry!

tmoqsudz
01-06-2008, 11:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42VAfVDQ2Xw

Thats another 1 Thx!

tmoqsudz
01-06-2008, 10:09 PM
wtf? no replies this sucks man!

Nwahs !!
01-06-2008, 10:58 PM
Honestly, go to a gym. There is no way to improve on that through words. It looks like you are having a seizure while trying to give yourself a blowjob.

robjr
01-06-2008, 11:19 PM
umm im not hating but theres much practice needed....

Lucky13
01-07-2008, 12:20 AM
wtf? no replies this sucks man!

Sorry but that was too much.
:rofl: :haha: :haha: :lol1:

Undefeated
01-07-2008, 12:33 AM
:Tearing:

Ooh man.. Im sorry.. That **** just made my day.

Just go to the gym.. Like I did.

Deeznuts
01-07-2008, 01:42 AM
Honestly, go to a gym. There is no way to improve on that through words. It looks like you are having a seizure while trying to give yourself a blowjob.

LMAO........this is the funniest **** ive heard all day

blacksky
01-07-2008, 08:22 AM
Don't listen to them.. You have good hand speed

I take it you cant move around much since your in a bedroom...

Your hooks look wild and you need to be polished and calm down a bit but thats a hell of a lot better than some **** i see on here.

relax when you throw punches

SpeedKillz
01-07-2008, 08:26 AM
relax more and stay loose, you look stiff as hell
keep your elbows in when you throw straight punches, they look to wild
dont throw hooks til u learn the proper way in a gym
good handspeed
hard to tell about movement and such since u aint got nowhere to move

all in all, definitely get to a gym, but i seen ALOT worse on here. u need a good trainer to teach u the fundamentals before u go about throwin hooks and uppercuts and ****. thats more advances, and right now u should jus focus on jabs and straights while improving ur handspeed (which is pretty good) and get more advanced later on with a good trainer. good luck.

NachoMan
01-07-2008, 09:16 AM
I'm at work so I can't view this link, but I can't wait to check it out later at the house. It sounds entertaining. It sucks to get slammed like that, but opinions were solicited and, unfortunately, you can't always expect to get constructive criticism online.

tmoqsudz
01-07-2008, 11:06 AM
ye thx 4 eveything, im gonna join a gym str8 after my exams, and im only 16 aswel lol.

mr tricky
01-07-2008, 02:08 PM
hi,
im 15, almost 16 , ive been going boxing for 1 year now,
and from wht i can remember , i was alot worse than you when i first started, but now ive worked hard and am after my first fight,
so just join a club really.

your tight, lousen up.
go to gym to learn hooks and upercuts.
decent straight shots , quite fast though.
you need to learn proper form m8 , which u will and ur better than most beignners good luck

THE REED™
01-07-2008, 02:11 PM
....Honestly, go to a gym. There is no way to improve on that through words. It looks like you are having a seizure while trying to give yourself a blowjob.

lmfao.....

2swell k-wells
01-08-2008, 03:28 AM
at 11secs I **** myself

Detroit101
01-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Dude, you guys are cruel......take it easy on the poor bastard, he's fighting his ass off.....

Im new to boxing too kid, but you have to keep your right up when you are throwing your jab, your hooks are wild as hell too.....start with the jab and cross and go from there....

tmoqsudz
01-08-2008, 10:24 PM
cheerz... To al the fukers piss off, al tht stuf ive learnd on my own no gym no nothing, am sure when u started off use were as bad as me!

Detroit101
01-08-2008, 10:54 PM
get to the gym and work off the jab...its all about form...dont listen to these guys there just busting your balls...its all in good fun

sleazyfellow
01-08-2008, 11:09 PM

thats one of the funniest things I've heard in a while on here. His hooks look like elbows....you go to a gym and try that sumones gonna kill you if you dont kill them first with those.

Kayo
01-09-2008, 03:41 AM
I've seen worse, a few things though...
pink bedsheets?
Your hooks are VERY wild, calm down
also dont do it right beside a bed you cant move shadowboxing isnt just about throwing punches its also about footwork as well.

2swell k-wells
01-09-2008, 08:55 AM
You also have no riddum

blacksky
01-09-2008, 09:20 AM
what is riddum

ashthadon
01-09-2008, 12:24 PM
AKA Rythem

2swell k-wells
01-09-2008, 12:25 PM
what is riddum

Rythm.....:canada:

2swell k-wells
01-09-2008, 12:27 PM
AKA Rythem

Indeeeeed

Diggin tha Av

2swell k-wells
01-09-2008, 12:28 PM
AKA Rythem

Indeeeeed

Diggin tha Av, AKA Avatar.:popcorn:

tmoqsudz
01-09-2008, 05:38 PM
I've seen worse, a few things though...
pink bedsheets?
Your hooks are VERY wild, calm down
also dont do it right beside a bed you cant move shadowboxing isnt just about throwing punches its also about footwork as well.

Lol! They aint mine there ma grandmas! Il keep tht in mind next tym...

Detroit101
01-10-2008, 03:02 PM
cheerz... To al the fukers piss off, al tht stuf ive learnd on my own no gym no nothing, am sure when u started off use were as bad as me!

You have great natural abilities, this link assures all the non-believers that you are what is called a "natural athlete".....many have heard of, but few have seen. History will assure one day, you too will join the ranks of Foreman, Ali, Probert, Robert Redford, Abdul Jabar, Gorbacheav and Brian Boytano........

Dont worry about the haters on this forum who are extremely jealous of your gifted ablities and special needs....these people coulndt possibly fathem the idea of being as dangerous in the ring as you are and they will never understand what it takes to be a true champion.

Undefeated
01-10-2008, 03:09 PM
WHen I started off.. I wasn't that bad lol.

Move around man. Its not about throwing punches. Your gonna be a stationary target while fighting in the ring? I don't think so.

tmoqsudz
01-11-2008, 01:54 PM
WHen I started off.. I wasn't that bad lol.

Move around man. Its not about throwing punches. Your gonna be a stationary target while fighting in the ring? I don't think so.

very easy to lie over the net ;) well just wanted to see if my technique was right..... obviously not lol ahh well gona train even harder and put in 100x more effort!

2swell k-wells
01-11-2008, 03:22 PM
You have great natural abilities, this link assures all the non-believers that you are what is called a "natural athlete".....many have heard of, but few have seen. History will assure one day, you too will join the ranks of Foreman, Ali, Probert, Robert Redford, Abdul Jabar, Gorbacheav and Brian Boytano........

Dont worry about the haters on this forum who are extremely jealous of your gifted ablities and special needs....these people coulndt possibly fathem the idea of being as dangerous in the ring as you are and they will never understand what it takes to be a true champion.

Was someone playing the violin while u were writing this?

Detroit101
01-11-2008, 03:31 PM
Was someone playing the violin while u were writing this?

No not at all....I could just feel this poor bastards rage......the man is a true animal!!!

*2TOUGH*
01-11-2008, 04:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUd3zVMR3Sc

Just a 30 video of me shadowboxing....

Please no haters! Just want to know anything i can improve on, what pointers you can give me, anything im doing wrong and if im good or not? Im 5ft 11 and 172 lbs. Thx

PS. its a bit blurry sorry!

dick head tries to emulate tyson when clearly he isnt...

TWAT

Detroit101
01-11-2008, 04:21 PM
We posted this poor bastards link at the office for Hawaiin shirt day on Thursday....Corporate loved it!!!

Tysonisgod
01-11-2008, 04:33 PM
stop watchin mike tyson lol

podxvost
01-11-2008, 04:39 PM
tmoqsudz thank you for those 30 seconds of laughter, what did you expect? Did you actually watch the video yourself? that **** is hillarious, so don't get offended when people laugh at you.
To answer your question, NO you are not good, but don't let that bring you down. As for the pointers just get your ass to the gym and you'll learn.

danny stash
01-11-2008, 05:00 PM
Its so annyoying on here how people can blast others. I dont think half the "fighters" on here know **** or have done ****. Kudos to you for posting first off and second you seem to have some natural abiltity to get off a punch and throw a combination. You need to think of snapping your punches better, protect your chin more and forget about those hook combos until you get some training. Start jumpin some rump and hitting the bags the proper way and good luck.

tmoqsudz
01-11-2008, 07:00 PM
Its so annyoying on here how people can blast others. I dont think half the "fighters" on here know **** or have done ****. Kudos to you for posting first off and second you seem to have some natural abiltity to get off a punch and throw a combination. You need to think of snapping your punches better, protect your chin more and forget about those hook combos until you get some training. Start jumpin some rump and hitting the bags the proper way and good luck.

finally some constructive criticism... cheerz ye im just learning to be honest

Detroit101
01-11-2008, 07:58 PM
finally some constructive criticism... cheerz ye im just learning to be honest

sorry for making fun bro.....sometimes i just cant help myself. I bet if I posted a link of myself I would look just as retarted...

Darkstranger
01-12-2008, 11:39 AM
A few things I noticed, you weren't snapping your punches, you weren't using your hips either, when you threw the right hand you left it out hanging for ages (your opponent would slip to the outside and deliver a left hook from hell and it'd be all over), your body was too open, you weren't using your full reach, leave the hooks and uppercuts until you learn the straight punches properly.

Don't take the harsh criticism to heart too much. Best thing for you is to get down the gym to learn some proper technique.

Boxing is an artform at the end of the day and when you train in a gym with proper coaches you're forever criticising yourself harshly to improve and get better. You also have to learn to take criticism from your coaches that may seem quite harsh at the time but you'll soon find out when you first spar.

tmoqsudz
01-13-2008, 08:59 AM
sorry for making fun bro.....sometimes i just cant help myself. I bet if I posted a link of myself I would look just as retarted...

its kl bro, i am a bit wild i noticed, my hooks r like elbows lol

Vigilant3
01-14-2008, 04:20 AM
When you are in a guard position it's usually best to keep your elbow against your body, like you are just sitting your elbows down against yourself. It helps absorb the shock of being hit better and keeps you from expending unnecessary energy.

When you're throwing hooks you always want to make sure that whatever hand isn't going out is coming back in to protect your chin. Counter shots can be a ***** and if you keep your hands down because you are preparing to throw more punches you can be 100% sure you will get knocked out or at the very least stunned. As has been mentioned, your right hand drops every time you throw a jab, definitely not a good thing.

In all honesty there isn't much to say because you are in an enclosed space and a big part of shadow boxing is movement, rhythm and getting down your combinations and fundamentals. However, you can see the flaws in your defensive aspect from what we've posted here so take that into consideration, try to be a little more basic: start out with just 1 - 2 (Jab Cross) combo, then jab, jab, cross. Work on perfecting those punches because they're the most important ones. Hooks are a little trickier and harder to use effectively, so you should wait until you've got 1 and 2 down before going for those, but if you are going to do a hook here's a tip:

When you do your hook make sure that your arm is coming out with a 90 degree bend at your elbow (approximately, it has to be to your comfort level) your fist can be turned so that your knuckles are horizontal or vertical, it doesn't make a difference at all there; if you are doing a lead hand hook make sure you remember to turn your lead foot into the hook and rotate the hips (probably the hardest part to get down). Your hook has to come up enough so that your shoulder is being forcefully brought up to protect the side of your face that your hand is no longer protecting. With the rear hand hook it's the same deal except that you are reaching out more and twisting with your rear foot.

Good luck and keep us posted. I'll try and post videos of myself boxing soon enough, as soon as I get some decent footage in. ;)

ashthadon
01-19-2008, 07:27 AM
haha that video is commical,if im in a bad mood that can make me feel good haha

JoeyBB
01-19-2008, 01:53 PM
What the **** are you doing in there????

That aint shadowboxing.

msagrain
01-19-2008, 02:05 PM
Your too wide and i couln't see your footwork.

2swell k-wells
01-19-2008, 02:23 PM
Your too wide and i couln't see your footwork.

Damn pink bedsheets, always in the way.

Roque_sevilla
01-19-2008, 02:44 PM
we can give you advice but we musnt, you have to go to a gym, u cant train yourself, u cant apply what is tell to you by anyone here, if nobody is watching you while you train and telling your mistakes...

Anyway, u say no haters but what did you expect? as it said before, have u seen the video before?

aussieboxer2320
01-20-2008, 08:52 PM
u arent that bad just focus on more foot movement, and a tidier guard, u have good handspeed so u arent a dead loss but yeah like these guys said u have 2 go 2 a gym

tmoqsudz
01-21-2008, 01:12 PM
u arent that bad just focus on more foot movement, and a tidier guard, u have good handspeed so u arent a dead loss but yeah like these guys said u have 2 go 2 a gym

thx man joining a gym in abt 3 weeks

aussieboxer2320
01-22-2008, 03:59 AM
no prob and good that your joinin a gym soon

xSOUTHPAWx
01-22-2008, 04:12 AM
smash ****aroaches with ur front font when hookin.... same goes for ur back foot when crossin..

step in with the jab..

and...

those punches wouldn't hurt anyone.. so why waste the energy. in other words..

MAKE YOU PUNCHES SNAP.

SugarShanep4p
03-01-2008, 11:44 PM
ah he took the videos down....damnit

hookoutofhell
03-04-2008, 10:57 AM
look fella just ry and get the basics down first dont worry about 4/5 punch combos just yet i mean look at kelly pavlik the guy aint nothing special but he does the basic properly and look where its got him.

1) get your feet in the right position, lead front forward and stronger foot behind it, for the first round just practise moving around and sliding while keeping your guard up and elbows tucked in

2) second rnd, start throwing the jab, keep it long and straight nothing fancy again dont forget to keep moving and keep your hands high and elbows tucke in

3) rnd 3 - start throwing thejab and straight right combo, twist your stronger foot (which should be behind your lead foot) just slightly and feel the power come from your legs

4) now just start to double the jab the up and maybe look to integrate other things like feints, more body shots

you seem like the kinds guy who cold do with some instruction though and try and find a bigger space, all the best mate
________
SWIPER BOYZ (http://twitter.com/SwiperboyzBabiM)