View Full Version : How to get skinny legs?

Nicky_Hatton
12-29-2007, 08:52 PM
Genetically (excuse or not?) I have fat legs. Fat calfs and Fat thighs. I'm about 5-9/10 and probably about ten stone. My uppder body aint that flabby and I can tense and look just about alright. I'm just wondering how lighter I would be if I could trim these down.

Start of January I plan on using; Tred Mill, exercise bike and "pilates" which I found on google.

Any advice, would be greatly appreciated, such as techniques, settings for equipment, duration. I want skinnier legs, not quite Shane Mosley though.

sterling
12-29-2007, 09:42 PM
Your kinda like me i got thick thighs but im 9.5 but i think im proberly about 10 because of xmas lol but im a little smaller im 5ft7 but i also do boxing training also.
I duno if u can get skinny legs if u see james toney he had rearly thick legs it helped him when he took body shots it can help with taking body shots your legs dont go as quick if u got big legs.
I think the best thing to do is run i normally do running up hills best type of run forget that tredmill crap lol.

xSOUTHPAWx
12-29-2007, 09:51 PM
trying running no less than 2.5 miles a day in less than 25 minutes.. that will fix ur calves..

included in ur workout.. lift weights.. for legs.. do squats.. just start light at 135 lbs.. ALWAYS do 4 sets of 12 when trying to lose fat. do dumbell lunges as well.. then get on the various machines.. especially the one that works the hamstrings..

calisthenics.. do frog leaps.. frog leaps ARE AMAZING!!.. better than lifting weights for explosive energy.. and in ur free time.. ride a bike...

fat legs are not genetic.. someone isnt born with fat leg syndrome..

however.. the constant digestion of soy fillers in this **** food on the market today causes an uproar in estrogen in your system.. i.e. 12 year old girls with D cup boobs.. estrogen puts fat in womanly areas.. i.e. hips n legs. and chest even..

stay away from soy in your diet.. stick to whey proteins and lean meats like fish and poultry...

sculpting your body is hard.. and takes MASSIVE effort. trust me

i went from 260 in jan 07.. to 189 now.. dec 07. ;)

sukhenkoy
12-29-2007, 10:21 PM
I also have pretty big legs, especially thighs. This past summer I started with a weight of 170, and got down to 155 by the end of August (I was about 5 ft 9). I not only lost some weight in my stomach, but I noticed a pretty significant reduction in my thigh size as well. What I did was work out 6 days a week, with 3 days being strictly weights (but no exercises for the leg, strictly upper-body), and the other 3 days being pull-ups and pushups, with about 700 meters that I swam at the pool. I also went to the sauna everytime I went to the pool for about 15 minute sessions. The one day in the week that I didn't work out I would starve, drinking only distilled water to "cleanse" my body of the **** that I ate that entire week. That helped me lose weight in my legs, but I don't know if it will help you.

Maybe what you could try is going to the sauna and putting on some of that cream that's talked about on these forums (that helps you sweat more in the area that it is applied to), or maybe simply putting on extra towels/padding on your legs during the sauna session to make your legs sweat more.

What I did might in fact be really bad for your health, but it worked for me. Good luck man!

Based on the previous post though, you should probably include some leg workouts.

DMC
12-29-2007, 10:33 PM
Are you a Boxer?
Do you intend on Boxing?

I wouldn't worry about having bigger legs, esp if you are boxing.
I boxers power comes from the legs, just work on getting them stronger as well as the rest of your body. The guy you are facing in the ring isn't going to care about your legs.

DMC:boxing:

batista
12-30-2007, 12:38 AM
Run More

Run More

Rum More
Run More
Run More
Run More

Run More

Run More
Run More

Run More

Run More
Run More

D.I.E.S.E.L
12-31-2007, 11:28 AM
Genetically (excuse or not?) I have fat legs. Fat calfs and Fat thighs. I'm about 5-9/10 and probably about ten stone. My uppder body aint that flabby and I can tense and look just about alright. I'm just wondering how lighter I would be if I could trim these down.

Start of January I plan on using; Tred Mill, exercise bike and "pilates" which I found on google.

Any advice, would be greatly appreciated, such as techniques, settings for equipment, duration. I want skinnier legs, not quite Shane Mosley though.

:lol1: wtf? First time I heard someone asking how to get skinny legs...

Evil_Meat
12-31-2007, 12:30 PM
:lol1: wtf? First time I heard someone asking how to get skinny legs...

yeah i got massive legs that are reasonably in shape, and i dont really care for em. I find that the ppl ive spoken to who have big legs dont care about em and all the skinny legged ppl want big legs.

MikeBrew328
01-28-2008, 10:47 PM
Man, I'm in really good running shape, my distance runs are about 6 miles usually, I skip a lot of rope, but I still got these big legs...My ankles are normal but going up to my knees it un necessarily big... I've been trying to go down in weight but they probably weigh a lot. If anybody knows, i would be greatful..

ruffhouse26
01-28-2008, 11:02 PM
Things that were probably already said. But run early in the mornings, like 5 or 6. Drink lots of water, wear sweats under leggings of a suana suit while running and working out. lift doing leg exercises and a lot of reps like 20 or 30. Legs require more reps in order to get definition. while shadowboxing bounce on your toes more and focus on moving when not throwing punches while working out. And for the calfs, use leg weights after your run.

ruffhouse26
01-28-2008, 11:07 PM
Man, I'm in really good running shape, my distance runs are about 6 miles usually, I skip a lot of rope, but I still got these big legs...My ankles are normal but going up to my knees it un necessarily big... I've been trying to go down in weight but they probably weigh a lot. If anybody knows, i would be greatful..

upgrade on all your excersises dealing with legs like jump rope, bring your running down to four or five miles. my trainer tells me to run three to four miles, if your running at a high intensity you shouldn't be able to run six miles unless your in superb shape like muhammad ali. and to help on the thighs and butt, use those thigh machines in the gym (like a gold's gym or fitness gym, not boxing of course), and look on the internet for exercises to work your but and you can tone that by using certain exercises.

CRESCENDOPOWER
01-30-2008, 01:20 AM
The Step The Original Club Step with extra risers, and a Polar heart rate monitor with watch, and a strap for your chest. Do this 45 minutes, or more 5times a week to tone your legs, and gluts. The harder you work the better the results.

stacy_b2k8
01-30-2008, 04:39 PM
skinny legs on guys are pretty nice... if theres a fair bit of muscle but they're still slim, i kind of like that look.

P4PKING_2008
01-30-2008, 04:52 PM
skinny legs on guys are pretty nice... if theres a fair bit of muscle but they're still slim, i kind of like that look.

Now come on whose alt r ya?

BrooklynBomber
01-30-2008, 04:52 PM
A lot of cardio(running especially) and a caloric deficit.

moin126
01-30-2008, 05:10 PM

Well IF you like skinny legs, check out ray robinsons sticks.
I mean legs.

P4PKING_2008
01-30-2008, 05:12 PM
Well IF you like skinny legs, check out ray robinsons sticks.
I mean legs.

No no check out Roger Mayweathers he looks like he is just a chest and no legs. They were real matchstick like.

stacy_b2k8
01-30-2008, 05:16 PM
Now come on whose alt r ya?

Why do you think i'm an alt?

P4PKING_2008
01-30-2008, 05:20 PM

Nothing sexist but its because your a girl. There are about 3 that I no of that are girls. And with not many posts I have my suspicions. Lol. But if your not im sorry.

stacy_b2k8
01-30-2008, 05:24 PM
lol, fair enough, i guess i understand since it is a boxing forum.. But nope im not an alt.

moin126
01-30-2008, 05:24 PM

If your that chick on that pic. I for one think your hot :kiss:

shuvelhook
01-30-2008, 05:48 PM
"""Genetically (excuse or not?) I have fat legs. Fat calfs and Fat thighs. I'm about 5-9/10 and probably about ten stone. My uppder body aint that flabby and I can tense and look just about alright. I'm just wondering how lighter I would be if I could trim these down.

Any advice, would be greatly appreciated, such as techniques, settings for equipment, duration. I want skinnier legs, not quite Shane Mosley though."""

y wouldnt u want big husky legs for extra punching power. I would just work them thangz out sommore.. ****, you **** around and be the next tyson

stacy_b2k8
01-30-2008, 05:52 PM
If your that chick on that pic. I for one think your hot

thanks! :love:

P4PKING_2008
01-30-2008, 05:54 PM
If your that chick on that pic. I for one think your hot :kiss:

I was gonna say that, but I don't want to fall for the trap. If she really is an alt.

bedHead
02-12-2008, 08:30 AM
Don't forget to lift too. Do squats, deadlifts, cleans, etc. If you just go crazy on running, there's a chance you'll lose a lot muscle mass before you get rid of all the fat.