View Full Version : Me shadowboxing. Video.

moin126
12-29-2007, 12:42 PM
What do you think. What do i need to work on, you cant see my footwork, but im in good balance. This video was actually a sort of test, but i thought what the hell why not ^_^.
I am a kickboxer, actually, but i like boxing more these days. My punches are pretty short and sharp i like em that way. Also im southpaw.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4j49UjgLRvs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4j49UjgLRvs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Il delete it soon, -_-

P4PKING_2008
12-29-2007, 12:55 PM
What do you think. What do i need to work on, you cant see my footwork, but im in good balance. This video was actually a sort of test, but i thought what the hell why not ^_^.
I am a kickboxer, actually, but i like boxing more these days. My punches are pretty short and sharp i like em that way. Also im southpaw.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4j49UjgLRvs&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4j49UjgLRvs&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Il delete it soon, -_-

Nice, but some advice when ya throw ya jab your right hand comes out with it, leaving you wide open for a straight right. Also, extend your punches more. But, you were shadow boxing so I don't know if you were not extending your punches on prupose or what.

moin126
12-29-2007, 01:18 PM
you mean my left is coming out with it right? its a small motion where i turn it open to catch a right hand countershot.
As for fully extending, i do as far as possible, and its quite fast. I know what you mean. Its look like its not fully extending.

big paulie
12-29-2007, 01:19 PM
nothing wrong with keeping those hooks and uppercuts short but extend the straight shots

yidish pugilist
12-29-2007, 01:33 PM
it's good but honestly it looks like a couple good shots would throw you off

have you sparred?

moin126
12-29-2007, 02:01 PM
yes i do, when their in my weight class its not hard. In my kickboxing class their boxing level is low, so i close the distance and destroy. But im from holland, kickboxing gyms here are renown.

But this is me just doing some simpel combinations. During sparring im focused, and i just hit what hits.
But in what sense you mean throw me off, off balance? out of my game.?

I am going to a real boxing gym, to test my tools there, thats actually also why i post this to see, if i can look into some mistakes i make.

In sparring i move alot, i put alot of emphasis on footwork. currently my weight is 64kg, but im 5'65 i should be 60kg then my footwork is better.

Count Patron
12-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Extremely slow, you aren't breathing and there is nothing behind those punches.

moin126
12-29-2007, 04:18 PM
sure it was, you didnt even watch it. Study it. so you want to say the others dont know what they are talking about huh.

Onslow.
12-29-2007, 04:44 PM
you look pretty quick.

first thing i noticed was, you got good head/body movement.

On the negative side...if i was you... i'd extend your punches to the fullest. Also get more leverage and get your whole body into those punches.

Also, keep your hands higher. You throwing shots from your collar, or chest.

Also - more weight on the back foot.

But, good body/headmovement - it shows that you've trained in a contact sport before.

Definately one of the better ones iv seen on here. V.brave to show your video too.

Count Patron
12-29-2007, 04:50 PM
sure it was, you didnt even watch it. Study it. so you want to say the others dont know what they are talking about huh.

Honestly, I don't know anything about the others so I have no way to validate their opinions. From what I have read on this forum a lot of the posts are young teens. I did watch the video and it is very slow, you have almost no movement, you are standing in one place, you are not breathing properly when throwing punches... the punches are all thrown very slow and would be very ineffective if landed. How many fights do you have?

moin126
12-29-2007, 05:30 PM
lol. kickboxing record is 4-0 2 decision , 2 tko.
My punches these days are my main weapons, they are effective trust me.
My breathing before i posted this, I noticed it was bad, but i thought **** it.
Also movement, you didnt read my second post, i put alot of emphasis on that. but you dont see my room isnt that big to be moving around giving you a difficult picture.

mickey b
On the arm extension thing, to be honest, i have watched myself alot, and i know i am extending fully, but i pull it back quickly. It looks half, the last part of the punch is just fast. also when punching the weight should be forward right, but i know what you mean. When evenly distributed you can move backward more easy. Also you cant see it in the vid i turn my feet when doing hooks etc, i dont want to overspin it so i lose my balance, or stay open for counters.

kryo
12-29-2007, 06:05 PM
Extend your punches and learn to throw a proper left hook, other than that, kudos to you.

moin126
12-29-2007, 06:06 PM
ok heres the final one, let me know what you think.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zim2lYPhF8w&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zim2lYPhF8w&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

kryo
12-29-2007, 06:08 PM
ok heres the final one, let me know what you think.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zim2lYPhF8w&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zim2lYPhF8w&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Wow, you look like a completely different person in this video. Good job. Still, I gotta say you have to bring your left hook up higher.. everytime you throw it you're way to low. Good job though.

Good music, too.

AndersonSilva
12-29-2007, 07:35 PM
second vid looks good when u do those combos bring your punches in as fast as you let them out somtimes i c u just leave em out there lol. same with the jab

moin126
12-29-2007, 07:42 PM
did you notice i left my jab out in the second vid to show that im fully extending, when punching, but i get what your saying ^_^.

sterling
12-29-2007, 07:45 PM
Hmm ur chin is sticking out ^_^ i hope u aint chinny lol cause u will get chinned if u try boxing like that trust me.

moin126
12-29-2007, 07:59 PM
do you mean keep your hands higher, ? their at about chin level -_-
or you want me to glue my chin against my upper chest :S
Or do it winky wright style. ;)
I was watching it and thinking how the hell you could say that, my head is down, when i try to keep it more down than that it causes me to strain, thats not good now is it? (or your talking about vid1, then i agree a little)
(vid1 was messing around with my camera)

you know i am shadowboxing right? so i attack continuously, so your bound to see some openings.
Also, in sparring i am alot more conservative, with my punches + i move alot, so dont worry. Also on a side note, i have a good chin, yes i learned keeping my hands up the hard way.

but anyway thanks for the advice i guess ^_^.

Onslow.
12-29-2007, 08:03 PM
mickey b
On the arm extension thing, to be honest, i have watched myself alot, and i know i am extending fully, but i pull it back quickly. It looks half, the last part of the punch is just fast. also when punching the weight should be forward right, but i know what you mean. When evenly distributed you can move backward more easy. Also you cant see it in the vid i turn my feet when doing hooks etc, i dont want to overspin it so i lose my balance, or stay open for counters.

no, you aren't fully extending your arms and punches. Honest. i can see it! you aren't that fast that i'm missing it.

your straight punches, need to be as long as possible.

P4PKING_2008
12-29-2007, 08:36 PM
Your shots still seem to be coming out to low. Raise your hooks and extend your jabs and straights. Quick hands though and quick reflexes maybe try ducking more from punches.

yidish pugilist
12-30-2007, 12:44 AM
yes i do, when their in my weight class its not hard. In my kickboxing class their boxing level is low, so i close the distance and destroy. But im from holland, kickboxing gyms here are renown.

But this is me just doing some simpel combinations. During sparring im focused, and i just hit what hits.
But in what sense you mean throw me off, off balance? out of my game.?

I am going to a real boxing gym, to test my tools there, thats actually also why i post this to see, if i can look into some mistakes i make.

In sparring i move alot, i put alot of emphasis on footwork. currently my weight is 64kg, but im 5'65 i should be 60kg then my footwork is better.

I wasn't questioning your heart or anything, but it looked to me like you think to much and are kind of mechanical. people like that sometimes I find you can overwhelm and throw them off their game.

now that I think of it, it's probably just doing it in front of the camera. good skills.

skyler
12-30-2007, 06:56 AM
You're still not fully extending your arms when throwing them straight punches.