View Full Version : Give me feedback on my shadow boxing VIDEO INSIDE

vv15629
12-28-2007, 08:23 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8izyWm_cZf8

check it out i have no real training what so ever, just working on somethings on my own til i start at a boxing gym. No smart @ss remarks please, plenty of constructive critisism and tips welcome

yorlandis
12-28-2007, 08:31 PM
when you throw punches get all the power form your legs and transfer it to you hand. I dont know if im saying it right or not. lol

vv15629
12-28-2007, 08:35 PM
i get what your saying, thanks

esponda
12-28-2007, 08:46 PM
get in a BOXING gym, really.....

vv15629
12-28-2007, 09:01 PM
that bad huh?

Nacho_Analstain
12-28-2007, 09:05 PM
get to the boxing gym, no offence

K-Nine
12-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Alot of negatives. Some positives: You have the right idea about defense. I see that you keep your hands up and move your body. You're kinda fast, too.

But mainly: take som peeps advice about this and get to a boxing gym!

vv15629
12-28-2007, 09:21 PM
yeh i know i need to get in the gym, just tryin to see where i stand for right now with no training, and what are some things i can work on with my self for now.

K-Nine
12-28-2007, 09:30 PM
yeh i know i need to get in the gym, just tryin to see where i stand for right now with no training, and what are some things i can work on with my self for now.

Well stop throwing the uppercut for now... that's not a move really fundamental to a beginner. when u shadowbox, just try pretending that theres somebody in front of you, meaning keep a tight defense, and bring your punches back QUICK. You should be jabbin alot more, too.

good luck!

DutchDynamite
12-28-2007, 10:40 PM
with no formal training in boxing you do very well.

do well;

1) hit "up" to opponent's face
2) gloves stay up
3) body to head shots

not good;

1) you sometimes "jump" a little of the floor which makes you out of balance. stop that.
2) swing in your right hip when you hit with your right hand
3) Hook to the body, don't do that it leaves your face right open.

Again, for me you do a great job but try to join a club and you will be alright :)

I am new to this forum but not to boxing (15 years), i think you can trust my eye, cheers

mr tricky
12-29-2007, 06:41 AM
i box myself im almost 16 and i go to a boxing gym a really good one, and what you were doing wasnt that bad espesicaly as you have no trainer, you would really improve once you strat really boxing but id say quite good apart fromt he jumping and other little tings.
keep it up and join a gym

SpeedKillz
12-29-2007, 09:07 AM
with no training it aint too bad. u got potential for some good ass handspeed from what i've seen. but u got some bad habits forming, like jumping off the floor, leaving urself open sometimes, and that uppercut is jus straight up bad, no offense. for not havin any boxing training at all i give u an A- but in the overal boxing world, i give u a D+ so u def needs to get in the gym, cuz it seems u have potential. jus run ALOT, jump rope, pushups, pullups, etc. condition urself in the mean time before u get into a gym, which should be sooner than later. good luck bro.

P4PKING_2008
12-29-2007, 01:06 PM
Quit with the body shots for a start you leave yourslef way too open with the hooks. You also, tend to lean in too much on your straights and hooks. More head movment would have been better and a straighter jab. Apart from that you need to get to a gym.

skyler
12-30-2007, 07:27 AM
Keep working on your technique your uppercuts, body punches and right hand are kind of wild.

tyson
12-31-2007, 12:28 AM
Just relax when shadowboxing. You shouldn't really worry about putting power or full extension in your punches. Might damage your joints.
Relax and get your rythm going. Punches and movements should flow like water, not looking stiff and powerful.
Also, work on your upperbody-movement.

It wasn't half as bad as I expected, so keep it up and enjoy training :)

MoneyINC
01-01-2008, 01:14 AM
Try MMA buddy