View Full Version : shadow boxing with weights

maxpayne
10-24-2004, 04:45 PM
i heard on other forums that shadow boxing with weights can damage your shoulder later in your life. i wanted to know cause i shadow box with weights and it has done so much for my speed. any info will help.

spinksjinx
10-24-2004, 09:51 PM
i heard on other forums that shadow boxing with weights can damage your shoulder later in your life. i wanted to know cause i shadow box with weights and it has done so much for my speed. any info will help.

I've heard mixed reviews, I've tried them dont like them. I woke up one morning with bad tennis elbow that wouldnt go away from the previous day using them....

They can be pretty harsh on your body....It would be better if you shadowboxed with gloves on.

Eken
10-25-2004, 07:38 AM
I agree... Shadowbox with heavy gloves on instead it's safer and much more realistic!

Panzergirl
10-25-2004, 08:42 AM
..you must shadowbox with weights. if you already complain here id love to hear you talk smack after a decent sparring..

resistace is useless..

Ivansmamma
10-25-2004, 09:24 AM
women can't and shouldn't try to fight.

Panzergirl
10-25-2004, 10:09 AM
women can't and shouldn't try to fight.

where did you find that retardedly stupid name you fly under?

triggerhappy
10-25-2004, 10:09 AM
wowen boxing is boring. they hit like feathers

Panzergirl
10-25-2004, 10:20 AM
wowen boxing is boring. they hit like feathers

yes? and what you like, gay mudwrestling?

Ivansmamma
10-25-2004, 12:37 PM
where did you find that retardedly stupid name you fly under?

Thats my birth name. :cool:

Panzergirl
10-25-2004, 12:58 PM
Thats my birth name. :cool:

my condolances, what does it mean, is it russky?

m00ks
10-25-2004, 04:29 PM
I agree that women aren't cut out for fighting. Not cuz I'm a sexist, the physical proof is just there.

Panzergirl
10-25-2004, 05:59 PM
I agree that women aren't cut out for fighting. Not cuz I'm a sexist, the physical proof is just there.

yeah, yeah.

spinksjinx
10-25-2004, 11:28 PM

Tell Laila Ali, Ann Wolfe, Vonda Ward, Christy Martin that...All 4 women who could whoop your ass...Not disrespecting you but thats the cold hard facts.

bandito
10-25-2004, 11:30 PM
i think shadow boxing with weights wears down ur shoulder muscles and will make them get tired faster during a fight!! when i boxed i hardly used weights!! plus, the power is in ur legs!!!

m00ks
10-26-2004, 11:47 AM
Tell Laila Ali, Ann Wolfe, Vonda Ward, Christy Martin that...All 4 women who could whoop your ass...Not disrespecting you but thats the cold hard facts.

They we're trained for that. But put any of them, the creme de la creme of women boxers and pit them with ANY top p4p fighters and seriously, tell me, who would get busted up? Not to gloat but my point being was if I was training and boxing all my life, I wouldn't give them a chance.

Like in any other sports. WNBA players can kick my ass in basketball but pit them against an NBA team and see how they fare.

Git what I'm saying?

spinksjinx
10-26-2004, 12:06 PM
They we're trained for that. But put any of them, the creme de la creme of women boxers and pit them with ANY top p4p fighters and seriously, tell me, who would get busted up? Not to gloat but my point being was if I was training and boxing all my life, I wouldn't give them a chance.

Like in any other sports. WNBA players can kick my ass in basketball but pit them against an NBA team and see how they fare.

Git what I'm saying?

True but you have to consider most if not all are masculine sports. I have no doubt in my mind though those 4 boxers could take some of the guys, but you cant trash them for wanting to do it, You have to accept equality if that is their wish so be it.

Panzergirl
10-27-2004, 05:44 AM
and!

when they start naked boxing for women the payperwiew is gonna drown the men..!

jabsRstiff
10-27-2004, 08:52 AM
Shadowboxing with weights is fine if all you want to get out of boxing is more endurance... & to sculpt your arms a bit.

But, if you're gonna actually compete, I wouldn't advise it.
It throws off your timing.
It slows down the movement of your hands....& you want to keep the rest of your body in synch with your hands....

One of the worst things you can do is train & train & train with a bad habit. This would be similar to that.

Panzergirl
10-27-2004, 08:54 AM
Shadowboxing with weights is fine if all you want to get out of boxing is more endurance... & to sculpt your arms a bit.

But, if you're gonna actually compete, I wouldn't advise it.
It throws off your timing.
It slows down the movement of your hands....& you want to keep the rest of your body in synch with your hands....

One of the worst things you can do is train & train & train with a bad habit. This would be similar to that.

really..? and on what level do you compete? ..eh. stiffy.

jabsRstiff
10-27-2004, 08:56 AM
I've both fought....& trained fighters.

Panzergirl
10-27-2004, 09:01 AM
I've both fought....& trained fighters.

and.. the question was.. at what LEVEL did all this happen..?

jabsRstiff
10-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Amateurs...

Which is more than most.

Panzergirl
10-27-2004, 09:11 AM
Amateurs...

Which is more than most.

that is correct..

and i can assure you, there is many schools of boxing, all are good for different fighters and styles..

and in this light, shadowboxing with wights both can and can not be beneficial, depending on the overall sceme..

and if the arts of this shadowboxing technique is studied, i think most would find it of some value..

jabsRstiff
10-27-2004, 09:15 AM
Weights are completely overrated.

I believe in training in a way that is closest to BOXING.

Boxing is about being LOOSE....having SNAP.

The only weight-training I'd encourage would be in order to build up one's lower half.

Panzergirl
10-27-2004, 09:20 AM
and how do you weight train your penis? ive allways wanted to ask someone that..

jabsRstiff
10-27-2004, 09:44 AM
and how do you weight train your penis? ive allways wanted to ask someone that..

By trying to get *****es like you off of it....without using my hands.

Panzergirl
10-27-2004, 09:48 AM
callanistics, is it..?

realtim
11-05-2004, 10:32 AM
Yeah do calesthinitics Ali did them he never used weights. Easy on the shadow boxing with weights tendon trouble will follow if done excessively

andreyd
01-22-2005, 11:13 AM
never heard of such a threat

boxer2k5
01-22-2005, 03:57 PM
its nothign wrong jsut dont go ovewrboard

use 1 to 3 pounds weights
and jsut throw jabs

or work on yoru 1 2 to get the speed up

dont try 7 punch combos with 5 pound weights

take it easy and get your technique right and balance
use light weights 1-3 pound weights