View Full Version : Tito vs Mayorga Predictions?

ELPacman
09-22-2004, 02:32 AM
A week and a half to go into this amazing looking fight and haven't heard much talk on it. I'm going with Mayorga winning this one just cause with all his **** talking, I don't think he's going to go down very easy. Of course if Tito decides to pull a Spinx on him(which I highly doubt), it can go in Tito's favor. I think Mayorga will have the edge if it becomes a slugfest. :eek:

ghostbear
09-22-2004, 02:36 AM
Tito by TKO.

psychopath
09-22-2004, 02:39 AM
No doubt Mayorga will have the edge on this one . . . . remember that Tito is coming off from a very long lay off . . . he'll come out there with ring rust but I'm not counting Tito out yet . . . I WANT HIM TO WIN, I want him to shut Mayorga's big dirty mouth.

mr. bojangles
09-22-2004, 06:46 AM
I'd like to see Tito win this fight and shut the big mouth of Mayorga. The wild man isn't respecting this fight and shortchanging the boxing fans by not properly training.

Tito can box this guy silly just the way Cory did but his jawbreaker of a left hook can crack the cast-iron chin of El Matador as well.

semjasa
09-22-2004, 07:34 AM
TITO ko's the fool in r2.

barryboy
09-22-2004, 08:07 AM
The styles of both guys are similar to Corrales & Freitas, one's an upright boxer who can bang, the other's a wild swinging brawler & i see the tactics being the same, it all depends on for me, how much Tito has left, i think he can beat this guy on points, maybe getting off the floor himself, class usually tells in the end so i'll stick with Trinidad.

PRboxingfan
09-22-2004, 08:10 AM
Tito by KO1 if Mayorga puts his chin out like he said he would; Tito by KO7 if Mayorga fights like a man; Tito by UD if Mayorga decides to pull a DLH and get on his bike. I see the first two, but I doubt the third.

This fight won't go the distance and after getting hit by natural Jr. Middleweights and Middleweights I doubt Mayorga's punches will hurt Tito at all.

baya
09-22-2004, 08:37 AM
very easy night for tito, KO8

LuKahnLi
09-22-2004, 08:51 AM
TITO KO5.

IT is gonna be fun while it lasts. Mayorga either wins easy or not at all.

Dark Destroyer
09-22-2004, 09:04 AM
Tito all the way, I know he has had a long layoff but I still think he will have better skills than Mayorga. He is far more talented in every aspect of boxing and I fully expect to see the old Tito back. It will be spectacular if he wins Mayorga in his first fight, it will be the start of great things for him. Although it***8217;s hard to dismiss Mayorga completely because we all know he will test Tito***8217;s chin although I don***8217;t think Mayorga has kept his full potential of power at middleweight. It will be interesting no doubt, the thought of this fight gets me all excited, I have missed watching Tito fight. He was so explosive, I remember the days of watching him take out his opponents in explosive style. I think if I were to predict I would defiantly say Tito will stop him or at least hand him his first knockdown, either way Tito will give him a lesson in boxing and not street fighting. :cool:

jabsRstiff
09-22-2004, 09:14 AM
Trinidad will survive some hairy moments....as the nervous energy of it all will keep Tito from getting off.

He will win in typical Trinidad fashion.

He'll eventually land a shot that changes the complexion of the fight....& then the assault will begin.
A steady stream of brillaint power punches will decimate the face of the rock-chinned Mayorga.
He will be rendered helpless & disfigured by the 8th round.

Dark Destroyer
09-22-2004, 09:23 AM
Trinidad will survive some hairy moments....as the nervous energy of it all will keep Tito from getting off.

He will win in typical Trinidad fashion.

He'll eventually land a shot that changes the complexion of the fight....& then the assault will begin.
A steady stream of brillaint power punches will decimate the face of the rock-chinned Mayorga.
He will be rendered helpless & disfigured by the 8th round.

Hey Jabs i like your views on fights and i agree with this one. There will be some scary moments but that just makes it all the more exciting. I cannot wait to see Mayorga hit the canvas :D

jabsRstiff
09-22-2004, 09:26 AM
Thanks Wez....
I'm pumped as hell to see this fight....to be there amidst all that electricity. Even though my seat BLOWS.

Dark Destroyer
09-22-2004, 09:32 AM
Thanks Wez....
I'm pumped as hell to see this fight....to be there amidst all that electricity. Even though my seat BLOWS.

:eek: Your seat??? Damn you are so lucky. I probably won't get to see it live which annoys me so much. The vibe will be amazing at the venue, especially been able to see Tito return to the ring for the first time since his retirement. Be sure to let me know what is what like at the venue. I'm getting really excited just like i did before the Oscar-Bernard fight. :D

jabsRstiff
09-22-2004, 09:37 AM
Wez....

I was at MSG for Tito-Joppy....& it was like being at 20,000-people party.
The atmosphere was incredible, even though my seat sucked then too !
Tito certainly delivered that night!

Dark Destroyer
09-22-2004, 09:44 AM
Wez....

I was at MSG for Tito-Joppy....& it was like being at 20,000-people party.
The atmosphere was incredible, even though my seat sucked then too !
Tito certainly delivered that night!

:D Yeah he did deliver that night, it was amazing. William Joppy got a big shock, that was a perfect example of Tito's power. It's fun watching them on the TV but i bet nothing compares to been there and having all the fans around you screaming and talking boxing.

mic573
09-22-2004, 09:52 AM
Tito by ko within 6. I think Mayorga might knock Tito down early but that usually wakes him up.

puppy_dogg
09-22-2004, 10:31 AM
both of these guys have good chins, so im not so sure that it will end in a knockout but mabye a few knockdowns. it should be a close fight but i think mayorga will win a decision.

Dark Destroyer
09-22-2004, 10:32 AM
both of these guys have good chins, so im not so sure that it will end in a knockout but mabye a few knockdowns. it should be a close fight but i think mayorga will win a decision.

:) Hey Yoko, you really think Maryorga will take it? What makes you think he can out fight Tito over the distance?

PRboxingfan
09-22-2004, 10:57 AM
The only person who's ever hurt Tito was Bernard. He got hurt by two right hands, one that dropped him in the 12th. Every other KD that Tito has ever had has been a flash KD, including the one Vargas gave him in the 4th round of that fight. He always was up by the count of 2 and was never hurt.

I doubt Mayorga has the power to hurt Tito. I think it was a matter of conditioning and having to maintain the weight for so long before the Hopkins fight that caused Tito to lose. Look at his punches per round, they are extremely low. He always had 40-50 per round, including against DLH, but against Hopkins it was 15-20. Mayorga won't last 7 rounds, trust me.

puppy_dogg
09-22-2004, 11:00 AM
mayorga throws non stop bombs from begining to end, which i think could be enough for him to win the fight, he may even knock tito down a few times. tito probably has more skill and that could be a problem but i dont see tito hurting mayorga or ko'ing him. there will probably be some close rounds with good action, could eaisly come out as a split decision, but my man mayorga's gonna take it...............i hope. (tito's good!)

can u see my avatar? just checking

puppy_dogg
09-22-2004, 11:04 AM
The only person who's ever hurt Tito was Bernard. He got hurt by two right hands, one that dropped him in the 12th. Every other KD that Tito has ever had has been a flash KD, including the one Vargas gave him in the 4th round of that fight. He always was up by the count of 2 and was never hurt.

I doubt Mayorga has the power to hurt Tito. I think it was a matter of conditioning and having to maintain the weight for so long before the Hopkins fight that caused Tito to lose. Look at his punches per round, they are extremely low. He always had 40-50 per round, including against DLH, but against Hopkins it was 15-20. Mayorga won't last 7 rounds, trust me.

he stopped throwing because he was being beaten, not just physicaly but mentaly as well. the same thing happens to fighters that go in with jones. hopkins and jones have enough skill to scare and discourage there opponents from throwing.

PRboxingfan
09-22-2004, 11:27 AM
he stopped throwing because he was being beaten, not just physicaly but mentaly as well. the same thing happens to fighters that go in with jones. hopkins and jones have enough skill to scare and discourage there opponents from throwing.

How do you figure when it was evident, from the first round, that Tito wasn't getting off on his punches. It wasn't because he was scared, it was because he couldn't let his hands go. Overtraining will do that, sometimes, as will long layoffs. He might not throw as many punches in his upcoming fight because of the layoff but we'll see some accurate shots because Mayorga doesn't have much movement.

puppy_dogg
09-22-2004, 11:39 AM
How do you figure when it was evident, from the first round, that Tito wasn't getting off on his punches. It wasn't because he was scared, it was because he couldn't let his hands go. Overtraining will do that, sometimes, as will long layoffs. He might not throw as many punches in his upcoming fight because of the layoff but we'll see some accurate shots because Mayorga doesn't have much movement.

obviously your a big tito fan, im a big tito fan as well but the skill of hopkins in that fight is clear, especialy when hopkins is on the ropes, you can see almost all of tito's punches missing while bernard is countering with great accuracy. it takes your spirit away when its that drastic

puppy_dogg
09-22-2004, 11:57 AM
thanks for the ****ty karma PR :mad: . did'nt mean to piss you off that bad, just giving my opinion.

borikua
09-22-2004, 12:14 PM
Tito by ko in 4. I just hope that this fight is more exciting than DLH-Nard. :D

jabsRstiff
09-22-2004, 12:32 PM
Tito by ko in 4. I just hope that this fight is more exciting than DLH-Nard. :D

Don't worry...that's easy to be.

jack_the_rippuh
09-22-2004, 01:03 PM
.................are you serious?

PRboxingfan
09-22-2004, 01:13 PM
obviously your a big tito fan, im a big tito fan as well but the skill of hopkins in that fight is clear, especialy when hopkins is on the ropes, you can see almost all of tito's punches missing while bernard is countering with great accuracy. it takes your spirit away when its that drastic

I'm just contesting your opinion that it was because of Nard's punishment when, in fact, it was since the first round that Tito was not throwing as normal. I give Nard the props he deserves as he was the better man that night. He gets an A in my book for his performance that night. It's not quite an A+, but it's an A nonetheless.

Against Hoya he gets a B- since I had him losing the fight by a point at the time of the KO. His game plan was starting to pick up, but he was still behind. His game plan against Tito was awesome, but I think a Tito without the 9-11 delay and the bastard child fiasco would've fared much better. I'm not saying he would've won, but it would've been a closer fight than it was, IMHO.

I say Tito comes back with a vengence and, with a 40 year old Nard, has a very good chance of taking over the Middleweight division.

Bernard has problems with the jab and with speed. That's why I contend that Jermain Taylor beats Nard were they to fight next.

jabsRstiff
09-22-2004, 01:21 PM
Am I serious ?

yeah....
That fight the other night was a TENTATIVE fight....not a tactical one.
DOING NOTHING....that is not boxing, it's not scientific...it's nothing.
If Hop & Oscar were fighting on ESPN2, you'd have shut off the tube by round 4...called up your buddies & asked them if they were still at the bar.
I was disappointed to see Hopkins giving Oscar, who had nothing for him to worry about, that much respect.

Tito-Mayorga will be fought a much faster pace, yet at a world-class level.

jack_the_rippuh
09-22-2004, 01:35 PM
Tito is going to run from him, though...that's the problem..

Dark Destroyer
09-22-2004, 01:40 PM
Tito is going to run from him, though...that's the problem..

Tito is a true warrior, i think he will stand his ground and make Mayorga look like the amature he is. He got lucky against Vernon Forrest the second time and he got beaten by Cory Spinks. His last fight against Eric Mitchell was pretty poor, Eric hit him with some good hits and made Mayorga think twice so what will he do when Tito hits him? If Eric hit him cleanly several times then Tito will be using his head as a speedball. Actually you have made me judge this fight even differently now, i say Tito stops him in 10. :cool:

mic573
09-22-2004, 01:41 PM
Tito has never ran from anyone in the ring so I doubt he will start now.

jabsRstiff
09-22-2004, 01:42 PM
Jack....who is your favorite fighter ?

jack_the_rippuh
09-22-2004, 02:29 PM
That is irrelevant to the thread...but if I had to chose I would have to say Me..

jabsRstiff
09-22-2004, 02:32 PM
That is irrelevant to the thread...but if I had to chose I would have to say Me..

That bum ?

jack_the_rippuh
09-22-2004, 02:39 PM
:rolleyes:

Ranger2408
09-22-2004, 03:55 PM
I am for sure betting on tito for this fight i know he has had a long lay off but he has some serious power.
Mayorga has been TKOed before but this time i see a knock out

Piggu
02-19-2006, 04:29 AM
Might be a little late. Trinidad by TKO 8.