View Full Version : It's official Mundine is back

brently1979
10-31-2007, 11:42 PM
to his old tricks fight the upper elite fighters.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Mundine-to-fight-Argentinian-in-December/2007/11/01/1193619027611.html

He better watch out for this guy, he seems to have a bit of power.

http://www.boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?human_id=30734&cat=boxer

woftam
11-01-2007, 12:15 AM
Oh my god, he's fighting the same guy who chucked it in after 5 rounds with Paul Briggs after the ref told him to fight on. That guy should never be allowed to fight in Australia again.
He was also the guy who got KO'ed by Soliman.

You'll find him in the yellow pages under " Easy title defences" :nonono:

Briggs v Clavero
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qXLlV2M5ng8
I would embed the fight but, well you know the rest :)

brently1979
11-01-2007, 12:44 AM
Oh my god, he's fighting the same guy who chucked it in after 5 rounds with Paul Briggs after the ref told him to fight on. That guy should never be allowed to fight in Australia again.
He was also the guy who got KO'ed by Soliman.

You'll find him in the yellow pages under " Easy title defences" :nonono:

Briggs v Clavero
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qXLlV2M5ng8
I would embed the fight but, well you know the rest :)

Exactly. Great Post. I think we call all safely say that Mundine isn't really serious about fight any top fighters.

mgkirkpatrick
11-01-2007, 01:49 AM
sigh. ****s sake why bother.

cheers for the news though brently and the vid woftam

Dick-Sucker
Im not to sure whether im suprised or concerned by this. Knowing Mundine a tune up fight was always on. But the main thing is, hes going to get Kess in the next 6-9 months. That is a big thing. And what im focusing in from the article. If he beats kess he will be the unified champion, and im quietly confident he can if he puts it all together.

Im thinking Kessler vs Mundine in April in Copenhagen. Im gonna go.

mgkirkpatrick
waiting patiently for ultimate to weigh in....

brently1979
11-01-2007, 02:03 AM
Im not to sure whether im suprised or concerned by this. Knowing Mundine a tune up fight was always on. But the main thing is, hes going to get Kess in the next 6-9 months. That is a big thing. And what im focusing in from the article. If he beats kess he will be the unified champion, and im quietly confident he can if he puts it all together.

Im thinking Kessler vs Mundine in April in Copenhagen. Im gonna go.

Fighting this sort of calibre of fighter isn't going to hold him in good shape if he meets Kessler again. Who will be 3 years better than last time they fought each other.

mgkirkpatrick
11-01-2007, 02:05 AM
coming out of fights with andrande and calzag.. if kessler fights mundine he's going to be battle hardened..

brently1979
11-01-2007, 02:08 AM
coming out of fights with andrande and calzag.. if kessler fights mundine he's going to be battle hardened..

Yeah that's real match fitness for you. Something that Mundine will be lacking.

Dick-Sucker
11-01-2007, 02:37 AM
I can't see why Mundine didn't get Bute or Lacy down here. Both he could beat comftorably. Imagine Mundines confidence when he fights Kess now. Its going to be shot. And hes not going to exchange enough, which was what lost him the fight last time. I thought washing his lense in his mouth would be the dumbest thing he would ever do. But this has to be it.

I had a dream the other night, he chose a bum who was throwing haymakers. And knocked Mundine out in the 3rd.

brently1979
11-01-2007, 02:51 AM
I can't see why Mundine didn't get Bute or Lacy down here. Both he could beat comftorably. Imagine Mundines confidence when he fights Kess now. Its going to be shot. And hes not going to exchange enough, which was what lost him the fight last time. I thought washing his lense in his mouth would be the dumbest thing he would ever do. But this has to be it.

I had a dream the other night, he chose a bum who was throwing haymakers. And knocked Mundine out in the 3rd.

His eye has nothing to do with whom he's fighting. He'd still be fighting a bum. There's other good name fighters he could have fought out there. Andre for one. Either way I think you have to be really really honest with yourself and admit that Mundine will never deliver his promises in the ring.

woftam
11-01-2007, 03:12 AM
His eye has nothing to do with whom he's fighting. He'd still be fighting a bum. There's other good name fighters he could have fought out there. Andre for one. Either way I think you have to be really really honest with yourself and admit that Mundine will never deliver his promises in the ring.

Yep you might be right.
Seems he is just trying to hold on to what he deems as a world title for as long as he can or he is taking absolutely no chances at all in making sure he gets his big payday with either Calzaghe or Kessler. Lacy would have been an excellent choice I reckon.

brently1979
11-01-2007, 03:52 AM
Yep you might be right.
Seems he is just trying to hold on to what he deems as a world title for as long as he can or he is taking absolutely no chances at all in making sure he gets his big payday with either Calzaghe or Kessler. Lacy would have been an excellent choice I reckon.

As much as I bag out Mundine I wish he would prove me wrong but he doesn't.

Dick-Sucker
11-01-2007, 03:56 AM
As much as I bag out Mundine I wish he would prove me wrong but he doesn't.

I have to agree with you. He is wasting his arse on bums. But im gonna wait to see if he delivers on his promises until after the Kessler fight. Hes a heavy under dog, but if he wins that then i think he just fill those promises. An absolute long shot though.

KoolWillie
11-01-2007, 05:21 AM
He said he wants too value his time as champ and defend it a few times before he steps up the competition, because last time he lost it straight away (against kessler), thats not a champions attitude... as much as I like the bloke I think hes a glory seeker, i use too praise him just as much as ultimate but now he's making me think otherwise

woftam
11-01-2007, 06:37 AM
He said he wants too value his time as champ and defend it a few times before he steps up the competition, because last time he lost it straight away (against kessler), thats not a champions attitude... as much as I like the bloke I think hes a glory seeker, i use too praise him just as much as ultimate but now he's making me think otherwise

Well that straight away tells me he thinks he can't take that next step up against the better fighters.

brently1979
11-01-2007, 06:49 AM
Well that straight away tells me he thinks he can't take that next step up against the better fighters.

Yeah that's pretty true. Granted Mundine has ability & speed. But everyone keeps making excesses for him.
The Guy isn't the real deal, he doesn't want to fight the best, he never has and never will. I think it's time people stop supporting his ****ty PPV's and stupid live gate ticket prices.

mgkirkpatrick
11-02-2007, 04:07 AM
i just dont know why any promoter would have clavero back in the country after that briggs fight.

one interesting thing.. clavero has pretty good head movement and seems hard to tag with the jab. mundine is going to have to punch in combinations and wont be able to jab a decisive win like he did against the last argie

brently1979
11-02-2007, 07:17 AM
i just dont know why any promoter would have clavero back in the country after that briggs fight.

one interesting thing.. clavero has pretty good head movement and seems hard to tag with the jab. mundine is going to have to punch in combinations and wont be able to jab a decisive win like he did against the last argie

You make sound like it could be a remotely interesting fight. I think it's a PPV for you mg.

KoolWillie
11-02-2007, 02:03 PM
If he wins and he lands a bout with the winner or calzaghe kessler i would give him a good chance of winning but hes taking too much risks by taking on low ranked fighters, what if he looses his back too sqaure one and nobody will care about his PPV's or his ticket prices as floyd mayweather says always think smart buisness, boxing is buisness at its best

brently1979
11-02-2007, 10:11 PM
If he wins and he lands a bout with the winner or calzaghe kessler i would give him a good chance of winning but hes taking too much risks by taking on low ranked fighters, what if he looses his back too sqaure one and nobody will care about his PPV's or his ticket prices as floyd mayweather says always think smart buisness, boxing is buisness at its best

If he looses to low ranked fighters then that just validates my theory that he's not a real world champ. Sure boxing is about business but fighting a guy like this isn't even a joke. Mundine has to get real and except the fact he'll never be able to beat an elite fighter or secure a legacy in the sport.

And all you guys keep making these lame excuses for him. Look at Cotto for example smart business would not be for him to fight Mosley, after his big win over Jab. But he wants to prove that he is the best.

KoolWillie
11-03-2007, 12:45 AM
I'm not saying fighting bums is smart buisness, you got me wrong brently i'm saying its not smart buisness if he looses his ****ed if he fights the best he can say he lost too the best

brently1979
11-03-2007, 02:09 AM
I'm not saying fighting bums is smart buisness, you got me wrong brently i'm saying its not smart buisness if he looses his ****ed if he fights the best he can say he lost too the best

I know what your saying, but really how could he loose this fight. Have a look who's KO'd him.

KoolWillie
11-03-2007, 04:59 AM
yeah I know its a long shot but look he recieved a temple shot from feather fisted ottke... you know anything can happen, im not saying it will but this is boxing the unthinkable can happen he doesnt want too keep taking risks against bum.... as we all agree he should start stepping up, but then again we have too take into consideration that he is coming back from a serious eye injury that could of ended his carrer or maybe he's just picking out bums for confidence building you never knows what goes through a fighters mind.

brently1979
11-03-2007, 10:51 PM
yeah I know its a long shot but look he recieved a temple shot from feather fisted ottke... you know anything can happen, im not saying it will but this is boxing the unthinkable can happen he doesnt want too keep taking risks against bum.... as we all agree he should start stepping up, but then again we have too take into consideration that he is coming back from a serious eye injury that could of ended his carrer or maybe he's just picking out bums for confidence building you never knows what goes through a fighters mind.

Your right. I look at what happened to Zab.

brently1979
11-08-2007, 05:34 PM
Just found this

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22687405-5009280,00.html

I think everyone is getting tired of Mundine knocking over bums.

woftam
11-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Just found this

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22687405-5009280,00.html

I think everyone is getting tired of Mundine knocking over bums.

If everyone votes with their feet and stays away, a deserted venue will send a message to him and his promoter. I wouldn't go to this fight if it was at my next door neighbours house and they were giving away free Jack Daniels.
Well okay I might show up for the Jack.

brently1979
11-08-2007, 08:33 PM
If everyone votes with their feet and stays away, a deserted venue will send a message to him and his promoter. I wouldn't go to this fight if it was at my next door neighbours house and they were giving away free Jack Daniels.
Well okay I might show up for the Jack.

I know what you mean, I can't wait to see the ticket prices for this one.

Dick-Sucker
11-09-2007, 04:47 AM
I know what you mean, I can't wait to see the ticket prices for this one.

Im not buying his PPV. First time i haven't. Hes getting the message. Fighters and there team constantly search boxing forums.

I hope no one else is buying his PPV. Because i can send you a video of some man beating up a kid, i found it on youtube, same thing. And its free.

brently1979
11-10-2007, 02:08 AM
Im not buying his PPV. First time i haven't. Hes getting the message. Fighters and there team constantly search boxing forums.

I hope no one else is buying his PPV. Because i can send you a video of some man beating up a kid, i found it on youtube, same thing. And its free.

For starters this fight shouldn't be a PPV. It should be on FOX Sports for it's subscribers. Just like HBO, Showtime & ESPN do it in the states, but oh no FOXTEL/FOXSPORTS have to milk the Australian boxing fans for every cent and put this **** on PPV.

If you want another laugh check out the ticket prices for the fight.

CATEGORY ONE SEATING (XP1)
AU $500.00

CATEGORY TWO SEATING (XP2)
AU $350.00

CATEGORY THREE SEATING (XP3)
AU $250.00

CATEGORY FOUR SEATING (XP4)
AU $150.00

CATEGORY FIVE SEATING (XP5)
AU $100.00

CATEGORY SIX SEATING (XP6)
AU $50.00

Tickets to Morales's last fight were cheaper than this. I hope the place is 1/4 full.

I just hope people start to see the light.

mgkirkpatrick
11-10-2007, 03:51 AM
christ almighty.. the audacity of the man. he's taken a fair few of us for a ride for a while now but i dont see anyone going along this time.

brently1979
11-10-2007, 04:02 AM
christ almighty.. the audacity of the man. he's taken a fair few of us for a ride for a while now but i dont see anyone going along this time.

I hope they get the message. Most people buy his PPV's and tickets to see him get KO'd. At the Kessler fight, by the end, most of the Crowd was rooting for Kessler, due to the way Mundine was fighting.

mgkirkpatrick
11-10-2007, 04:26 AM
I hope they get the message. Most people buy his PPV's and tickets to see him get KO'd. At the Kessler fight, by the end, most of the Crowd was rooting for Kessler, due to the way Mundine was fighting.

lol and that was probably one of mundines most confrontational fights..

brently1979
11-10-2007, 04:31 AM
lol and that was probably one of mundines most confrontational fights..

Yeah, people say that was a close fight, a lot of Mundine's flurries didn't really land, most of the crowd reacted to them, but he wasn't connecting that much I was there, and when Kats KO'd that guy on the undercard, **** that was awesome.

mgkirkpatrick
11-10-2007, 04:47 AM
ive heard katsidis had to pay to get on mundines cards and not the otehr way around.

mundine's a shark of a businessman..

but yeah i remember watching it and getting amazed at how the crowd would even get fired up if mundine woudl flick a jab into kessler's gloves.. strange stuff.

brently1979
11-10-2007, 04:57 AM
ive heard katsidis had to pay to get on mundines cards and not the otehr way around.

mundine's a shark of a businessman..

but yeah i remember watching it and getting amazed at how the crowd would even get fired up if mundine woudl flick a jab into kessler's gloves.. strange stuff.

Yeah Michael said that after the fight, I can understand why he did it, for the exposer and it worked, because that was the first I'd heard of him and I've been following him ever since. He grabbed the mic and spoke to the crowd, he's clearly a smart guy and is great for Aussie boxing, even my Mum likes the guy and said he sounds great on Radio. It's a shame they don't have better cards on Mundine's PPV, but that means they'd have to pay the decent fighters more.

Dick-Sucker
11-10-2007, 07:10 PM
An article in sun herald this morning. Saying that Mundine is chasing Calzaghe. And he is only concerned with fighting overseas from now on. He doesn't care if he has to go to the states for Pavlik, Abraham or whoever, or Wales for Calzaghe. He said this could be his last fight in Australia for some time.

brently1979
11-11-2007, 12:39 AM
An article in sun herald this morning. Saying that Mundine is chasing Calzaghe. And he is only concerned with fighting overseas from now on. He doesn't care if he has to go to the states for Pavlik, Abraham or whoever, or Wales for Calzaghe. He said this could be his last fight in Australia for some time.

Yeah sure, Mundine.

boxing_great
10-01-2008, 09:09 AM

When hell freezes over

Dick-Sucker
10-01-2008, 09:11 AM
When hell freezes over

Why are you bringing up anacient threads man!

boxing_great
10-01-2008, 09:14 AM
Why are you bringing up anacient threads man!

cuz Woftam was going on about how he's so sick of Mundine threads. the next person creating a Mundine thread should be fined 20,000 points
lol..
all you can eat Mundine Woftam.