View Full Version : tarver green off. drews green on!

mgkirkpatrick
10-29-2007, 12:56 AM
this is what im hearing!

tarver still wont sign the contract so now danny is fighting drews for a belt on the 16th

infestacide
10-29-2007, 01:31 AM
well briggs made stipe look like a retard, so i can imagine this one being an easier fight for danny.

Still....i was looking forward to tarver green.

mgkirkpatrick
10-29-2007, 01:37 AM
so was i.. but at least this for a legitimate belt.

Dick-Sucker
10-29-2007, 01:54 AM
Its gonna have so much more meaning now. If Danny wins. This rematch with Mundine is going to be awesome.

A light heavyweight WBA title on the line. If Mundine wins that hes top 20 pound for pound.

Also i saw the fight with Briggs vs Drews. Briggs fought an excellent fight, something Danny is capable of doing if he keeps focused.

brently1979
10-29-2007, 02:16 AM
Okay, Green has a chance here. Yeah fight in Perth Green.

brently1979
10-29-2007, 02:16 AM
this is what im hearing!

tarver still wont sign the contract so now danny is fighting drews for a belt on the 16th

Where did you hear this? Never mind got it.

mgkirkpatrick
10-29-2007, 02:34 AM
not from this site. big poppa deleted my thread in non stop boxing and made his own an hour later.

sportsnut has it up but heard it on another forum.

brently1979
10-29-2007, 02:40 AM
not from this site. big poppa deleted my thread in non stop boxing and made his own an hour later.

sportsnut has it up but heard it on another forum.

of course.

newforce
10-29-2007, 02:46 AM
there's no need for a rematch between Green and Mundine.
Green will get boxed again.

brently1979
10-29-2007, 02:58 AM
there's no need for a rematch between Green and Mundine.
Green will get boxed again.

I totally agree with you. Mundine always goes on about do this and that in boxing but he want's a rematch with Green, a guy whom he clearly out boxed and gave an undeserving massive pay day to.

Mundine should try to get a rematch with Kessler even if he losses to Joe or fight another Super Middle Champion or shut the **** up & except the fact that he'll never be a all time great.

maori power
10-29-2007, 03:03 AM
so much for tarvers ill knock out green comment

brently1979
10-29-2007, 03:12 AM
so much for tarvers ill knock out green comment

Yeah, He's worse than a bunch of scared ****ing rabbits.

newforce
10-29-2007, 03:25 AM
Why doesn't Green fight Drews in the US?? I hate how it always has to be a Perth based fight for Green..!

mgkirkpatrick
10-29-2007, 03:43 AM
cause his US slot was on showtime as a co-main event.. no one over there will be interested in a drews v green fight.

KoolWillie
10-29-2007, 07:09 AM
If its in perth Greens chances are more than good

Brunswick Assassin
10-29-2007, 11:03 PM
Tarver sure was talking a lot of sh*t in that interview! "I'll knock him out!" Tarver's only interested in fighting taxi drivers, nurses and policemen! After 3 months of talking it's gone down the drain! Tarver knows if Green lands a big right he's chin will break like chinaware.

moochi
10-30-2007, 04:03 AM
i was much more looking forward to him fighting Tarver ..a win over Tarver is worth 100 times more than any win over Drews....and I'm sure even a close loss to Tarver would be worth more....

what is Green after?...a belt and no money at his age??...he should be looking to get the exposure and cash fights at his age!!

mgkirkpatrick
10-30-2007, 04:30 AM
green never struck me as a money hungry bastard... i genuinely think he'd rather be the WBA world champ than beat a name. let's not forget the belt is a less risky cash cow.. he'll get at least another mil if he defends against mundine..

Dick-Sucker
10-30-2007, 04:45 AM
green never struck me as a money hungry bastard... i genuinely think he'd rather be the WBA world champ than beat a name. let's not forget the belt is a less risky cash cow.. he'll get at least another mil if he defends against mundine..

Mundine vs Green 2 is going to be a massive fight. With the WBA light heavyweight title on the line. Its seriously massive. You can market it in so many ways. Dannys chance at revenge. Mundine going for 2 world titles in two divisions. Thats gonna make him more money than Tarver ever would.

moochi
10-30-2007, 06:14 AM
Mundine vs Green 2 is going to be a massive fight. With the WBA light heavyweight title on the line. Its seriously massive. You can market it in so many ways. Dannys chance at revenge. Mundine going for 2 world titles in two divisions. Thats gonna make him more money than Tarver ever would.
mate i can't see any rematch being big........................there was no controversy and it wasn't close........Mundine totally outclassed him...so any fight between them would probably not even gross HALF of what the first one did.

i seriously can't see it being a big fight...

tell me why?

mgkirkpatrick
10-30-2007, 06:38 AM
it would be up to mundine to whip up a publicity storm..

what's the old saying.. fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me..

i doubt the aussie public will get duped a second time.. even with the new weight, world title.. angles.

moochi
10-30-2007, 07:10 AM
exactly............

99% of those that followed their first fight wouldn't know what smw or lhw is...so its just mundine vs green........

this fight will NEVER eventuate.

brently1979
10-30-2007, 08:01 PM
it would be up to mundine to whip up a publicity storm..

what's the old saying.. fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me..

i doubt the aussie public will get duped a second time.. even with the new weight, world title.. angles.

The General Public felt ripped off with the first Green vs Mundine fight, I doubt it will be any where near the same build up. Besides Mundine has other fights out there which will enhance his legacy, but he's just mowing his lawn if he fights Green again.