View Full Version : MMA fighter of the year?

number6
10-17-2007, 05:38 PM
Who is the MMA fighter of the year so far?

Also, who will be the fighter of the year at the end of the year. Obviously, depending on results going in their favor.

AndersonSilva
10-17-2007, 06:24 PM
anderson silva or melvin manoef they both finish their opponenets in less then 2 rounds...i have been watching Melvin for a long time fukin explosive ass guy...anderson same with him not so much explosive but still very nice to watch all of his pin point punches/kicks u know what i mean

$ LegenD $
10-17-2007, 07:17 PM
ill go with anderson "p4p" silva......

robot_monkey
10-17-2007, 07:19 PM
I will go with Randy Couture. He came back and won the title, defended it, and now he is taking on the CEO. What other fighter do you know have done that?

$ LegenD $
10-17-2007, 07:45 PM
great point on randy.....it will come down to how dominating the spider is against franklin.....but yeah randy will not be a bad choice.....

American_Ninja
10-17-2007, 09:30 PM
Captain America........hands down. :unitedsta

Liaison
10-17-2007, 09:33 PM
Gesias Calvancanti...

nodogoshi
10-18-2007, 01:07 AM
Yes, I have to go with Randy as well. His two wins were both huge, I can't think of another fighter that has had two wins as big as that this year.

And as mentioned, he is now using this leverage to strike back at the guy who's been ****ting on his fighters in an attempt (i believe) to clean up the sport.

bigsmoothh
10-18-2007, 01:14 AM
I will go with Randy Couture. He came back and won the title, defended it, and now he is taking on the CEO. What other fighter do you know have done that?

i have a question, who did randy couture beat in order to get a title shot at tim silva? i mean i know he went from lhw to hw. soo again who did he beat, did he just woke up one morning and said" hey i wanna fight tim"?

bigsmoothh
10-18-2007, 01:15 AM
roger huerta, or dan henderson 2 belts.

nodogoshi
10-18-2007, 01:16 AM
Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou also had a very big year, in terms of how much he rose his stock.

bigsmoothh
10-18-2007, 01:23 AM
"the african assasin from team quest

nodogoshi
10-18-2007, 02:25 AM
"the african assasin from team quest

You mean Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou don't you?

Beat you to it.

number6
10-18-2007, 05:37 PM
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson takes it so far in my eyes. Wins over Eastman, Lidell and Henderson must make him a front runner.

At the time of the Chuck fight the Iceman was unstoppable in most peoples eyes and Hendo was the Pride champ. Who had just ko'd Wand.

Randy and Anderson Silva (if he beats Franklin) also deserve a mention.

nodogoshi
10-18-2007, 08:15 PM
Quinton "Rampage" Jackson takes it so far in my eyes. Wins over Eastman, Lidell and Henderson must make him a front runner.

At the time of the Chuck fight the Iceman was unstoppable in most peoples eyes and Hendo was the Pride champ. Who had just ko'd Wand.

Randy and Anderson Silva (if he beats Franklin) also deserve a mention.

Yeah Rampage is as good a candidate as any.. had Hendo won that fight he'd be the clear pick, but he didn't have enough gas to handle Page in that fight, understandably so as Page is bigger and has freakish strength. Still, great wins for Page this year.

Dorian
10-18-2007, 10:39 PM
if silva beats franklin again this saturday then it's gotta be the spider

nodogoshi
10-19-2007, 05:24 AM
if silva beats franklin again this saturday then it's gotta be the spider

I dont think beating a guy who he utterly dominated raises his stock much.

2swell k-wells
10-19-2007, 07:30 AM
Kimbo....he beat up a 46 year old man in 2 minutes.

bigsmoothh
10-20-2007, 02:02 AM
You mean Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou don't you?

Beat you to it.

yes him. that ricardo arona fight was wicked he was out before he even touched the canvas.

Palma
10-20-2007, 01:02 PM
Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou also had a very big year, in terms of how much he rose his stock.

Thierry is a bad mofo! I saw him training over at the Boxing Club in San Diego before he joined Team Quest and the guy has bricks in his fists.

nodogoshi
10-20-2007, 01:10 PM
yes him. that ricardo arona fight was wicked he was out before he even touched the canvas.

Yep, that was two straight opponents out on their feet. Against little Nog, he was clearly brought in as an opponent, it seems, as that was just his 4th fight and he was coming off a loss, so he was just 2-1 for that fight. Guess he taught them a lesson in not overlooking your opponent, it would seem.. though who knows.

Its too bad that hes been among the fighters who've been MIA since the acquisition/liquidation of Pride. Hope to see him again soon.

thatguysimmsy
10-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Rampage or Anderson... if Silva destroys Franklin tonight like he did the 1st fight he has to be the front runner, but Rampage beat Liddell and Henderson in the Unification Bout will get some consideration

number6
10-20-2007, 05:45 PM
If were going to compare Rampage to Silva you only need to look at the level of opposition they have faced this year.

Silva - Travis Lutter, Nathan Marquardt and Rich Franklin ( if he beats him )

Rampage - Marvin Eastman, Chuck Liddell and Dan Henderson

I dont think its that close to be honest.

$ LegenD $
10-21-2007, 08:24 PM
with last night's performance it def the spider's year!!!!

robot_monkey
10-22-2007, 12:29 AM
I concede, Anderson is the man. What is ironic is that Lutter and Marquardt had better chances of beating him than Franklin ever did, but they all got beat down.

thatguysimmsy
10-22-2007, 12:34 AM
Silva won it last night