View Full Version : Statement from Dana RE: Couture....

kaps
10-11-2007, 10:31 PM
I’m not surprised at all by Randy’s decision. I talked to Randy several weeks ago and he said that if he couldn’t fight Fedor, then he has nothing left to prove in the sport of mixed martial arts.

He has been doing a lot of acting, and I know he is in South Africa right now filming a movie. I think it’s a great move for Randy’s acting career to retire from fighting while he is on top.

As we all know, Randy retired before. The landscape in MMA changes every day. So when he is ready to come out of retirement again, he is still under contract with me, and I’m ready to promote him.”

From UFC.com

2swell k-wells
10-12-2007, 12:50 AM
Damn Couture, damn him to hell. If he cant fight Fedor then he should fight Nog or CroCop.

bigsmoothh
10-12-2007, 12:59 AM
i would rather see like crocop vs. arlovski, tim silva vs. paul buentello interesting stand up fights.

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 01:43 AM
Damn Couture, damn him to hell. If he cant fight Fedor then he should fight Nog or CroCop.

Dude, you're unwielding, though blind, support of the sleeziest company in MMA does start to get anoying.. i have to say.

Azteca
10-12-2007, 01:45 AM
I hate how fighters have to sell there soul to become part of the UFC....a brand for ****s sake. And I hate how that **** always wants to be the star of everything UFC related. I cant stand that bald muppet. He still probably never gets any tail, and never will.

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 01:45 AM
when he is ready to come out of retirement again, he is still under contract with me.”

This sums up the entire statement. Dana is saying "I know you're thinkin of fighting Fedor in M-1.. well dont ****ing think about it. I still own you, and will sew the **** out of you're ass." Like Dana cares about Randy's acting career.. LMFAO at that.

Kakutogi-Gumi
10-12-2007, 03:22 AM
um....he didn't retire.

Stop listening to that douche Iole.

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 03:41 AM
um....he didn't retire.

Stop listening to that douche Iole.

Explain! If he quit the UFC, and they own the rights to promote his fights, it looks as though he can only fight in the UFC or retire. So, if you have a point, explain it.

Azteca
10-12-2007, 03:46 AM
Doesn't his contract expire in 9 months????

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 03:49 AM

Actually, it did say that in the Sherdog article, didnt it. Not sure about the particulars of that, but yeah, good point.. so perhaps hes a free man after that.

Azteca
10-12-2007, 03:50 AM
Actually, it did say that in the Sherdog article, didnt it. Not sure about the particulars of that, but yeah, good point.. so perhaps hes a free man after that.

But, I mean, 9 months is a long time for a 44 year old. A long, long time at that age. I dont see Fedor - Couture materializing, to be honest.

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 04:01 AM
But, I mean, 9 months is a long time for a 44 year old. A long, long time at that age. I dont see Fedor - Couture materializing, to be honest.

Yeah i know.. i had the same thoughts. Even if it were to happen, Randy would surely suffer from the time away.. one would think.

number6
10-12-2007, 09:20 AM
This sums up the entire statement. Dana is saying "I know you're thinkin of fighting Fedor in M-1.. well dont ****ing think about it. I still own you, and will sew the **** out of you're ass." Like Dana cares about Randy's acting career.. LMFAO at that.

Thats spot on.

kaps
10-12-2007, 12:34 PM

http://www.ufc.com/index.cfm?fa=news.detail&gid=8241

TG – There have been reports that Couture’s fight contract with the UFC will expire in nine months; is there truth to those reports?
Dana White – Absolutely not.