View Full Version : Will Sylvia v Vera be turned into a vacant title fight?

number6
10-11-2007, 05:36 PM
With Randy Couture quiting the UFC, there is a good chance that Sylvia v Vera will be turned into a vacant title fight.

If this doesnt happen, then what will happen? or what do you think should happen?

Any thoughts?

FightNight 2007
10-11-2007, 05:43 PM
Sylvia just lost the belt, he shouldn't be in a title fight so soon LMAO.

the giant one
10-11-2007, 05:44 PM
i think the winner of this fights the winner of noguiera/kongo for the belt early next year.

the giant one
10-11-2007, 05:45 PM
Sylvia just lost the belt, he shouldn't be in a title fight so soon LMAO.

why not? matt hughes had only one fight in between before he got another shot. wont matter though cause vera should kick his ass.

2swell k-wells
10-12-2007, 12:47 AM
i think the winner of this fights the winner of noguiera/kongo for the belt early next year.

Agreed, exactly what I was thinking. Vera vs Nog should be good, or Silvia vs Nog. Kongo.........no comment.

number6
10-12-2007, 09:15 AM
I think this should be turned into a vacant title fight because Sylvia is the ex champ and proven in the UFC and Vera has looked impressive in all of his UFC fights.

There is alot of talk about Nog v Kongo but i didnt realise that matched was even signed. Have i missed something, if so which UFC card are they due to meet on?

I personally wouldnt like to see Sylvia as champ again, but this move would make sence due to timing and the records of both fighters.

2swell k-wells
10-12-2007, 01:07 PM
I think this should be turned into a vacant title fight because Sylvia is the ex champ and proven in the UFC and Vera has looked impressive in all of his UFC fights.

There is alot of talk about Nog v Kongo but i didnt realise that matched was even signed. Have i missed something, if so which UFC card are they due to meet on?

I personally wouldnt like to see Sylvia as champ again, but this move would make sence due to timing and the records of both fighters.

The only thing good about Sylvia as champ is somoene dethroning him.

Did I mention Im drunk

robot_monkey
10-12-2007, 01:38 PM
I hope Vera vs Nog is a title fight. Sylvia vs Nog is a silly match; you want to pit a no skill bum with the #2 heavyweight in the world?

I just realized that since Randy has retired, Fedor is #1 again. He doesn't need to prove anything.

Kwells, are you drinking because Fedor is not sign by the UFC and Randy has quit? Take it easy man, let the fever burn itself out and everything will be ok.

2swell k-wells
10-12-2007, 02:05 PM
I hope Vera vs Nog is a title fight. Sylvia vs Nog is a silly match; you want to pit a no skill bum with the #2 heavyweight in the world?

I just realized that since Randy has retired, Fedor is #1 again. He doesn't need to prove anything.

Kwells, are you drinking because Fedor is not sign by the UFC and Randy has quit? Take it easy man, let the fever burn itself out and everything will be ok.

I've drank way before the ****ING fedor ufc **** so :bryce: Im drinking cause I can u mofo.

$ LegenD $
10-12-2007, 04:18 PM
i say scrap the damn vera-sylvia fight and get vera-nog on for the heavyweight title.....i dont even want to think about sylvia landing a lucky punch on my boy vera........

number6
10-12-2007, 05:01 PM
i say scrap the damn vera-sylvia fight and get vera-nog on for the heavyweight title.....i dont even want to think about sylvia landing a lucky punch on my boy vera........

Vera has it all, he looks to be well rounded. He should beat Tim but i wouldnt be shocked if Sylvia takes a win. He has bags of big fight experience and is a hard working pro. Sylvia may even start as favorite.

Nog hasnt done enough in the UFC to warrent a shot at the title. He needs 1 or 2 impressive wins under this promotion.imo

robot_monkey
10-12-2007, 07:26 PM
I've drank way before the ****ING fedor ufc **** so :bryce: Im drinking cause I can u mofo.
Judging by your posts I imagine you must look like your avatar right now.

HISTORY
10-12-2007, 08:03 PM
Sylvia will kick Vera's ass. Vera is an over rated ***** wannabe apalagis Sylvia woop dat ass October 20th.

2swell k-wells
10-13-2007, 01:31 AM
Judging by your posts I imagine you must look like your avatar right now.

thank you, thank you very much.

We want Floyd
10-13-2007, 02:40 AM
Sylvia will kick Vera's ass. Vera is an over rated ***** wannabe apalagis Sylvia woop dat ass October 20th.Why do you have so much hate for Vera? I think it's alot more fun watching paint dry than watching any of Sylvia's fights.

Sylvia may very well beat Vera. Why do I say this. Just the sheer size of that White Gorilla, and if Vera gets caught or gets pinned long enough by that 6'8 buffoon and zaps all of Vera's strength.

The only reason I'm giving Sylvia a legit shot at Vera is because we've seen Sylvia in losing and winning fights. Vera has had it easy in the UFC so far. That's not to say that he doesn't have skills, the skills, the talent are obvious w/ Vera. But how is he gonna deal w/ the blows of a man outweighing him by almost 50lbs, towering over him by almost a foot. How will Vera deal w/ the guys size. There's alot of questions that Vera hasn't answered yet on the big stage, but he may very well be able to get by this one w/ relative ease.

Vera's stand up game is solid, above average compared to most MMA pros. His jiu-jitsu is high level stuff folks. The downside w/ Vera is that he's a tweener, meaning he is a bit undersized for a heavyweight and too big to be at light-heavy. The biggest question marks of course is how Vera is gonna deal with getting hit hard, can he win a fight where has to come from behind.