View Full Version : Couture Quits Ufc!!

kaps
10-11-2007, 03:53 PM
The UFC***8217;s inability to land PRIDE heavyweight champion Fedor Emelianenko played a prominent role in the decision to walk away, according to Couture.

***8220;I appreciate this opportunity the sport of MMA and the UFC has given me,***8221; the UFC Hall-of-Famer said. ***8220;However, I***8217;m tired of swimming upstream at this stage with the management of the UFC. It only makes sense at this point in my career to fight Fedor Emelianenko, and since he***8217;s now signed with another organization, I feel like it***8217;s time to resign and focus on my other endeavors.***8221;

http://www.thefightnetwork.com/news_detail.php?nid=5085

MetalVomit
10-11-2007, 03:55 PM
damn, well, at least he went out with a bang.

Azteca
10-11-2007, 04:32 PM
Damn, yeah I feel for him. The heavies suck now...but the other divisions are killers.

Blair_Wells#32
10-11-2007, 04:48 PM
yeah that sucks, i hope dana white don't decide 2 make Kongo vs Nog a title fight now that would just plain out suck.
would b cool if the ufc went back 2 a tournament for it, space the matches out over a few months, Vera vs Sylvia and Nog Vs Kongo for the first 2 matches of the first round, Mir vs Gonzaga and Herring vs Arlovski 2 finish out the first round and work on from there.
but i think dana white said they wouldn't do anymore tournaments, jus sayin it would b cool 2 work it like that.

robot_monkey
10-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Well, maybe Randy can go to M-1 to fight Fedor if he wants it so badly.

2swell k-wells
10-11-2007, 05:22 PM
Damn, yeah I feel for him. The heavies suck now...but the other divisions are killers.

They still have fighters in the HW. 1 fighter dont make a division great.

mrpain81
10-11-2007, 05:23 PM
Who can blame the guy? his last fight had like 3 million at the gate and who knows who much PPV revenue. Yet the guy takes home like 200k, good for Randy.

the giant one
10-11-2007, 05:25 PM
Well, maybe Randy can go to M-1 to fight Fedor if he wants it so badly.

youd think so. but does the UFC have a non compete clause for randy at all if he quit?

Darkstar
10-11-2007, 05:27 PM
His time was running out. You cant fight forever, he is 45 years old.

2swell k-wells
10-11-2007, 05:33 PM
I at least wanted to see him fight Cro Cop or Nog!!
fuuuuuucccckkkkkkkkk!!!!

Darkstar
10-11-2007, 05:45 PM
He would beat cro cop with ease.

robot_monkey
10-11-2007, 05:53 PM
Randy is the heavyweight champ. He is their only star champ. He was the face of the UFC since Liddell got dropped. Considering what he said about the management, this is a big mouse under the right eye of the UFC.

This guy made my day.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:55 PM #15
Apokalips

Green Belt

This goes to show you that nobody can beat Fedor, not even Dana! You mess with Fedor and he'll **** you up both physically and metaphorically.

FightNight 2007
10-11-2007, 06:28 PM
yeah that sucks, i hope dana white don't decide 2 make Kongo vs Nog a title fight now that would just plain out suck.
would b cool if the ufc went back 2 a tournament for it, space the matches out over a few months, Vera vs Sylvia and Nog Vs Kongo for the first 2 matches of the first round, Mir vs Gonzaga and Herring vs Arlovski 2 finish out the first round and work on from there.
but i think dana white said they wouldn't do anymore tournaments, jus sayin it would b cool 2 work it like that.
i like ur idea...

TBEC2
10-11-2007, 07:08 PM
i don't blame Fedor for avoiding a fight with Randy. Its really a lose lose situation for him. If he beats Randy everyone will say o'well the man was past his prime and fought hard. If he loses then it would be a disaster for his name and careerer. It really is not in his best interest.. Sucks cause i would love to see the match up more than anyone but i understand the reasons behind it not happening.

vinnie7731
10-11-2007, 07:08 PM
that really sucks about randy. he is always put on a good show. dana and the ufc look stupid now, i guess, but i dont know all the details.

Virgil Caine
10-11-2007, 08:27 PM
Wow oh wow.. I knew the UFC was making some huge mistakes. I for one have been saying it all along. But I never saw this coming. The thing is, Randy, along with Fedor, is one of the only fighters that has the sort of leverage to make such a move as this. The UFC has been making some bull**** moves.. now they're going to pay.

Virgil Caine
10-11-2007, 08:30 PM
i don't blame Fedor for avoiding a fight with Randy. Its really a lose lose situation for him. If he beats Randy everyone will say o'well the man was past his prime and fought hard. If he loses then it would be a disaster for his name and careerer. It really is not in his best interest.. Sucks cause i would love to see the match up more than anyone but i understand the reasons behind it not happening.

It is not that at all. Its about the UFC and their bull**** business practices involving exclusive contracts. Here's what I said yesterday in another thread, in reference to Fedor's decision not to sign..

I saw this coming.. UFC is the sleaziest corporation. They refused to bend and this is the result. Really, their exclusive contracts are bull****, and I can see why Fedor did not sign. I mean, who the **** wants to sell their soul to Dana White? UFC contracts are signed in blood.

Fedor is a rarity in that he does not need the UFC. Fedor is already huge, and he does not need the UFC to make him bigger, especially when he's a shoe in for the Russian market. That may not be good for American sports fans, but his people probly made the right decision. He'll be paid plenty well, I'm pretty sure of that.

(...)
It may be the UFC, and not necessarilly the fans, who turn out to be the big losers from this.. the only reason I would hope for this outcome is if it brings about a change in the UFC's monopolist style business practices, which will spell **** in the end for the sport if they continue unabatted, you can mark my word on that.

Virgil Caine
10-11-2007, 08:33 PM
I read that quickly.. I thought it was saying he was quiting UFC to go fight Fedor. Well, hopefully that does come true, though I see now thats not what the article says. Still, UFC brought this on itself, and now it may be the fans who suffer as well, after all.

American_Ninja
10-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Good for Randy. He finally got tired of the UFC's version of Don King.
His fans, and a big portion of UFC fans will follow him should he
fight again.

Captain America :unitedsta :fing02:

Virgil Caine
10-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Randy is the heavyweight champ. He is their only star champ. He was the face of the UFC since Liddell got dropped. Considering what he said about the management, this is a big mouse under the right eye of the UFC.

This guy made my day.

Old 10-11-2007, 02:55 PM #15
Apokalips

Green Belt

This goes to show you that nobody can beat Fedor, not even Dana! You mess with Fedor and he'll **** you up both physically and metaphorically.

I can only imagine the size of the bricks being **** by UFC management right now, hahaha.

!! Mr. Soprano
10-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Here is more from *********...

Couture resigns!
UFC President Dana White releases statement
UFC President Dana White has released a statement regarding Randy Couture***8217;s announced resignation from the fight game: "I'm not surprised at all by Randy***8217;s decision. I talked to Randy several weeks ago and he said that if he couldn***8217;t fight Fedor, then he has nothing left to prove in the sport of mixed martial arts.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***8221;He has been doing a lot of acting, and I know he is in South Africa right now filming a movie. I think it***8217;s a great move for Randy***8217;s acting career to retire from fighting while he is on top.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***8221;As we all know, Randy retired before. The landscape in MMA changes every day. So when he is ready to come out of retirement again, he is still under contract with me, and I***8217;m ready to promote him.***8221;
Next up for UFC: UFC 77: HOSTILE TERRITORY on Oct. 20, LIVE on pay-per-view at 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PST on iN DEMAND, DIRECTV, DISH Network, TVN, Bell ExpressVu, Shaw Communications and Viewer***8217;s Choice Canada. Check out 77.UFC.com for more info.

HISTORY
10-12-2007, 12:41 AM
Couture a ***** mayne. He gon have fun getting KTFO by ma ***** Kimbo Slice in EliteXC if he want.

!! Mr. Soprano
10-12-2007, 01:09 AM
Couture a ***** mayne. He gon have fun getting KTFO by ma ***** Kimbo Slice in EliteXC if he want.

Keep proving your racism and stupidity...

You always pick all the black fighters... Good one dumbass!

flipside
10-12-2007, 01:25 AM
UFC needs to pay the top fighters at least a mil to keep em happy man.im not saying randy is greedy but it would at least made him think twice about quitting.

bigsmoothh
10-12-2007, 01:38 AM
i really never liked couture, so this really doesnt mean much to me. plus can someone please tell me who did randy beat in order for him have taken a shot at tim silva? his style is sooo boring. fedor would ko this guy imo.

2swell k-wells
10-12-2007, 01:57 AM

You sound like one of Kimbo's boys, if you are I hate you.

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 02:41 AM
Here is more from *********...

Couture resigns!
UFC President Dana White releases statement
UFC President Dana White has released a statement regarding Randy Couture***8217;s announced resignation from the fight game: "I'm not surprised at all by Randy***8217;s decision. I talked to Randy several weeks ago and he said that if he couldn***8217;t fight Fedor, then he has nothing left to prove in the sport of mixed martial arts.

***8221;He has been doing a lot of acting, and I know he is in South Africa right now filming a movie. I think it***8217;s a great move for Randy***8217;s acting career to retire from fighting while he is on top.
***8221;As we all know, Randy retired before. The landscape in MMA changes every day. So when he is ready to come out of retirement again, he is still under contract with me, and I***8217;m ready to promote him.***8221;
Next up for UFC: UFC 77: HOSTILE TERRITORY on Oct. 20, LIVE on pay-per-view at 10 p.m. EST/7 p.m. PST on iN DEMAND, DIRECTV, DISH Network, TVN, Bell ExpressVu, Shaw Communications and Viewer***8217;s Choice Canada. Check out 77.UFC.com for more info.

The bold sums up the whole point of the entire statement. The rest is just bull**** lipserves from the scum of MMA. The statement is a mere reminder from dana that "i still own you're ***** as, so don't even think about fighting in M-1 or I will sue the **** out of you." Sad, really.

Azteca
10-12-2007, 02:43 AM
The bold sums up the whole point of the entire statement. The rest is just bull**** lipserves from the scum of MMA. The statement is a mere reminder from dana that "i still own you're ***** as, so don't even think about fighting in M-1 or I will sue the **** out of you." Sad, really.

I hear ya. Dana rules the UFC like an iron fist. I feel bad for some guys...but it is the right move in a business sense. The dude does not **** around...I hope it doesn't end up like boxing either.

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 02:49 AM
I hear ya. Dana rules the UFC like an iron fist. I feel bad for some guys...but it is the right move in a business sense. The dude does not **** around...I hope it doesn't end up like boxing either.

I disagree. What he is doing is simply undermining the credability of the UFC. Not that it had any credability left in my eyes anyways, but this makes it more obvious for those that are still blind to the UFC's monopolist intentions and practices. I see this as more of a defection than a retirement.. though it seems the result is forced retirement as I don't think Randy will be enabled to fight outside the UFC.

Of course, it is in the best interest of the UFC to do all they can not to let Randy fight outside the UFC, but I think this is a result of ****ty business.

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 02:51 AM
Also, I think this is a sign of things to come. All their bull**** is starting to backfire on them. They could get away with their **** when they lacked viable competition, but the landscape is starting to change, particularly with the rise of EliteXC, and their (seemingly) far less sleazy business model.

Azteca
10-12-2007, 02:53 AM
I disagree. What he is doing is simply undermining the credability of the UFC. Not that it had any credability left in my eyes anyways, but this makes it more obvious for those that are still blind to the UFC's monopolist intentions and practices. I see this as more of a defection than a retirement.. though it seems the result is forced retirement as I don't think Randy will be enabled to fight outside the UFC.

Of course, it is in the best interest of the UFC to do all they can not to let Randy fight outside the UFC, but I think this is a result of ****ty business.

come more of a brand then anything. Kind of like the WWE. And you cant argue with the numbers. Dude seriously knows how to run a business...cant deny that.

But I agree with ya.

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 02:57 AM
come more of a brand then anything. Kind of like the WWE. And you cant argue with the numbers. Dude seriously knows how to run a business...cant deny that.

But I agree with ya.

The way i see it is that **** may be starting to come apart at the seems. I saw this coming, i really did. You can't simply **** over all your fighters, dictating the course of their careers for you're own benefits, while simoultaneously assuming you're fans to be ignorant to the whole scheme. That is precisely what they've been doing. Either they will change or they will go under, there's no 2 ways about it imo.

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 03:00 AM
Here's a piece of a statement by Couture, which appears in an article on Sherdog.

I'm tired of being taken advantage of, played as the nice guy and basically swimming against the current with the management of the UFC. I have a lot of other things going on in my life that I'm doing just fine with. I don't need the problems. I don't feel like I get the respect I deserve from the organization, and that's motivation No. 2 for the letter of resignation that was sent today

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=9455

Azteca
10-12-2007, 03:01 AM
The way i see it is that **** may be starting to come apart at the seems. I saw this coming, i really did. You can't simply **** over all your fighters, dictating the course of their careers for you're own benefits, while simoultaneously assuming you're fans to be ignorant to the whole scheme. That is precisely what they've been doing. Either they will change or they will go under, there's no 2 ways about it imo.

Dude, casual fans could give a rats ass about UFC politics. Just like they dont care about the boxing politics in boxing. They just want to see a good fight. No casual knew about the Gatti - Gamache incident. No one.

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 03:01 AM
I think he basically put that in the nicest terms possible, actually.

Btw, he also resigned as comentator as well.

Azteca
10-12-2007, 03:02 AM
"played as the nice guy"

what the hell does that mean?

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 03:03 AM
Dude, casual fans could give a rats ass about UFC politics. Just like they dont care about the boxing politics in boxing. They just want to see a good fight. No casual knew about the Gatti - Gamache incident. No one.

Yeah, thats exactly why they were able to get away with their bull****.. but i'm not speaking of the casual fans.. I dont give them that much credit. I'm talking about the educated ones. And really, its the fighters who are playing a more prominent role.

Azteca
10-12-2007, 03:06 AM
Yeah, thats exactly why they were able to get away with their bull****.. but i'm not speaking of the casual fans.. I dont give them that much credit. I'm talking about the educated ones. And really, its the fighters who are playing a more prominent role.

I wasn't aware of that article. I just gave the read. I would be interested to see all the side deals that take place in the UFC.

All it sounds like too me is that Randy is a little bitter that he doesn't make the kind of dough that the other guys are making. Dont want to be a dick, but Randy aint exactly exciting. He's a feel good story.

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 03:08 AM
"played as the nice guy"

what the hell does that mean?

Well, I don't think his point is that he's not truly a nice guy. In fact, a friend of mine has met and chilled with him (wrestling community in oregon is a bit small.. friend met him at Les Gutches' house in fact) and said he was indeed very nice and very down to earth. I think what he means is the UFC has taken advantage of Randy's nice guy persona simply for their own benefit. Perhaps he feels cheated, that they they didnt give him the proper kickbacks. Or, maybe he feels he was being used for a dirty cause.. ie, ****ing over fighters. My guess is its a combonation of both. I'm quite certain he has his reasons and that they are justified. And I very much doubt it is simply, or predominantly, about money.

Azteca
10-12-2007, 03:11 AM

Well, I don't think his point is that he's not truly a nice guy. In fact, a friend of mine has met and chilled with him (wrestling community in oregon is a bit small.. friend met him at Les Gutches' house in fact) and said he was indeed very nice and very down to earth. I think what he means is the UFC has taken advantage of Randy's nice guy persona simply for their own benefit. Perhaps he feels cheated, that they they didnt give him the proper kickbacks. Or, maybe he feels he was being used for a dirty cause.. ie, ****ing over fighters. My guess is its a combonation of both. I'm quite certain he has his reasons and that they are justified. And I very much doubt it is simply, or predominantly, about money.

Yeah. Plenty of fighters in Randy's situation probably would of stayed for a number of reasons. Randy's old as hell...but with that old age comes alot of wisdom and knowledge. Plus dudes really down to earth...some of the things the UFC probably seems morally wrong to him, which is why he is resigning. Im just sad that he aint a commentator anymore. Very educated...Boxing needs more guys like that.

kaps
10-12-2007, 03:13 AM
Here's a piece of a statement by Couture, which appears in an article on Sherdog.

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news.asp?n_id=9455

Just read that. Here is Dana's responce....

From yahoo

He felt he was not getting paid as much as Mirko Cro Cop, as much as this guy and as much as that guy," White said. "We told him he was our second-highest paid fighter, but he didn't believe us. Chuck's the only guy who makes more, but he kept hearing all these rumors and he wouldn't believe us."

White then launched into a tirade against what he called "the rumor mongerers on the Internet," whom he said are, "the lowest of the low."

He said fighters read those sites and believe them to be true, causing friction at the negotiating table.

"This business is like a beauty salon," he said. "These guys are all the toughest guys in the world, but they're like *****es in a beauty salon. They pass along rumors and gossip, which has no basis in reality and they believe all the **** they hear. The Internet is very powerful and one of the best promotional tools we have, but it's a crazy place.

"They hear these rumors and they believe them and then they get insulted like *****es after we try to talk reality with them. They'll say, 'Well, this guy is getting this much,' but when I ask where they heard it, it's never a contract, it's always, 'I read it on the Internet.' It's crazy."

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 03:16 AM
Just read that. Here is Dana's responce....

White then launched into a tirade against what he called "the rumor mongerers on the Internet," whom he said are, "the lowest of the low."

Oh, the brutal irony. But seriously, that statement you posted is nothing more than in insult to Randy's intelligents and an attempt to save face.

M Deezy
10-12-2007, 03:31 AM
yea heard bout it earlier. sucks, hes a great fighter. at least he retired being the champ.

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 03:39 AM
"This business is like a beauty salon," he said. "These guys are all the toughest guys in the world, but they're like *****es in a beauty salon. They pass along rumors and gossip, which has no basis in reality and they believe all the **** they hear. The Internet is very powerful and one of the best promotional tools we have, but it's a crazy place.

"They hear these rumors and they believe them and then they get insulted like *****es after we try to talk reality with them. They'll say, 'Well, this guy is getting this much,' but when I ask where they heard it, it's never a contract, it's always, 'I read it on the Internet.' It's crazy."

Way to show respect for your fighters. Good show Dana, Good show.

This guy never siezes to ****ing amaze me. As much as I dislike Tito, I wish he'd've whooped the ****ing **** out of this guy.. maybe detatched a retina or something.

robot_monkey
10-12-2007, 04:06 AM
Tito is their only draw.
Liddell has been exposed as a chump.
Franklin will probably die at UFC 77. Dana hates Anderson Silva.
CroCop, Herring, NOG, and Shogun have not performed.
Dana was happy when GSP lost. He admitted that Dana inflated his ego, and then called him weak minded.
Dana blasted Wanderlei.
Dana called the Russians, crazy.
This season of TUF sucks! Hughes vs GSP is not an exciting match.
The next 2 events suck!
Bisping has shown that he is a douche.
Huerta will get ****ed up in his next bout.

Dana White ****ed up big time. Randy will never fight again now because Dana still holds the contract and will never release him. The credibility and the legitimacy of the UFC is waning, and they do not have many stars to fall back on. Nobody will pay to see Liddell anymore, and ESPN doesn't care about the UFC either. Dana thinks that he makes fighters, but he only selects the venue. Randy has made his name, Dana was just cashing in on it. Other than GSP vs Fitch, I can't imagine another fight worth watching.

Kakutogi-Gumi
10-12-2007, 04:24 AM
He didn't retire.

Damn! Stop drinking the Zuffa water.

Virgil Caine
10-12-2007, 04:38 AM
He didn't retire.

Feel like explaning WTF you mean by that??

wulff.man
10-12-2007, 10:50 AM
:nana: The real truth probably is that Randy and Fedor both told the UFC scriptwriters to cram it, they were not going to throw any fights. Randy strikes me as the type of guy who would do that. Fedor would without a doubt.

Probably went down something like this:

***8226;UFC fatcat exec***8226;
Randy we need you to throw a fight to Cheick Kongo for the championship. You are just too old and Kongo is the new image for the UFC. Besides Joe Rogan is in love with Cheick.

***8226;Randy***8226;
To hell with you, I don't throw fights.

***8226;Fatcat UFC exec***8226;
Randy it is not about fights anymore. It is about image.

***8226;Randy***8226;
If I'm going into acting, then I am going to do it right. To hell with you and your show, I'm making real movies.

:nana:

kaps
10-12-2007, 01:37 PM
He didn't retire.

Randy announced it before Zuffa....

2swell k-wells
10-12-2007, 02:03 PM
:nana: The real truth probably is that Randy and Fedor both told the UFC scriptwriters to cram it, they were not going to throw any fights. Randy strikes me as the type of guy who would do that. Fedor would without a doubt.

Probably went down something like this:

•UFC fatcat exec•
Randy we need you to throw a fight to Cheick Kongo for the championship. You are just too old and Kongo is the new image for the UFC. Besides Joe Rogan is in love with Cheick.

•Randy•
To hell with you, I don't throw fights.

•Fatcat UFC exec•
Randy it is not about fights anymore. It is about image.

•Randy•
If I'm going into acting, then I am going to do it right. To hell with you and your show, I'm making real movies.

:nana:

...........................wtf

Kakutogi-Gumi
10-12-2007, 03:34 PM
Randy announced it before Zuffa....

He annouced that he resigned from the UFC. Zuffa are spinning it as "retired". There's a difference.

You retire when both parties are on good terms. Not so when you resign.

wulff.man
10-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Just a lame joke script...
You know, the way everything involving the UFC top brass seems scripted.

Kakutogi-Gumi
10-12-2007, 03:44 PM
Look Wluff. If you're here to make trouble, there are other places to ang out at.

Bluecifer
10-12-2007, 06:32 PM
It's true, Randy DID NOT RETIRE. He resigned, and the choice of words Randy used tell the tale. He also said he was tired of swimming upstream with UFC management. It was very unfriendly and Dana is clearly a total douche bag.

vinnie7731
10-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Tito is their only draw.
Liddell has been exposed as a chump.
Franklin will probably die at UFC 77. Dana hates Anderson Silva.
CroCop, Herring, NOG, and Shogun have not performed.
Dana was happy when GSP lost. He admitted that Dana inflated his ego, and then called him weak minded.
Dana blasted Wanderlei.
Dana called the Russians, crazy.
This season of TUF sucks! Hughes vs GSP is not an exciting match.
The next 2 events suck!
Bisping has shown that he is a douche.
Huerta will get ****ed up in his next bout.

Dana White ****ed up big time. Randy will never fight again now because Dana still holds the contract and will never release him. The credibility and the legitimacy of the UFC is waning, and they do not have many stars to fall back on. Nobody will pay to see Liddell anymore, and ESPN doesn't care about the UFC either. Dana thinks that he makes fighters, but he only selects the venue. Randy has made his name, Dana was just cashing in on it. Other than GSP vs Fitch, I can't imagine another fight worth watching.

that is good stuff. i cracked up reading it

Virgil Caine
10-13-2007, 04:15 AM
He annouced that he resigned from the UFC. Zuffa are spinning it as "retired". There's a difference.

You retire when both parties are on good terms. Not so when you resign.

It's true, Randy DID NOT RETIRE. He resigned, and the choice of words Randy used tell the tale. He also said he was tired of swimming upstream with UFC management. It was very unfriendly and Dana is clearly a total douche bag.

You guys make a good point. One hopes (and would expect) that randy has a proper legal staff and that this decision was well calculated. UFC is obviously giving this a major spin job.. i just hope he'll be enabled to fight, and hopefully sooner rather than later.

Virgil Caine
10-13-2007, 06:38 AM
Here's a somewhat interesting take; not sure that I agree with the accuracy of the brunt of his argument, but the dude makes some interesting points imo. Just read it and found it interesting.

The UFC is violating antitrust law by refusing to negotiate fairly with its fighters. You can see here on wikipedia that the main purpose of antitrust law is to "prohibit agreements or practices that restrict free trading and competition between business entities."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antitrust

I can't think of a more clear example of an antitrust violation than what the UFC is doing. They are as close to a monopoly as it gets. There are really no valid competitors to the UFC not that PRIDE is gone and they force all their fighters to sign long-term contracts at way-below market rates.

If a fighter, like Randy, who wants to get out of their contract were to file an antitrust lawsuit against the UFC, I believe that the fighter's contract would be ruled null and void by the court as an illegal restrataint of trade.

I hope one of the fighters gets tired of working for slave wages and decides to file an antitrust suit against the UFC. It would be nice to see fighters get paid what they are worth.

Heres the thread, goddamn they flame the **** out of this guy. Now I see y you guys call it ****dog..
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/showthread.php?threadid=658890

Virgil Caine
10-13-2007, 06:40 AM
/\/\//\//\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Main thing i disagree with is the bit about UFC having no competitors.. I don't think that bit would hold up. But the bits about restricting competition and paying fighters at below market rate is somewhat on the mark, i think.