Help with Feet!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Feet!

Hi all,

Been a while since I posted any threads, all has been going well. I am training harder than ever and I am making good improvements.

However a problem I have had from the start is slow feet. I keep wanting to plant my feet and throw punches. I know what I want to do but getting my feet to coordinate with my upper body is killing me. So I find myself throwing when they have moved back, and hitting air. I have been doing allot of skipping and I can do that fine. It's when I am sparring and putting it all together my feet and legs just have issues moving.

Anyone got any tips or drills that will help me get my feet moving.

Thanks

DMC

Originally posted by DMC View Post
    Hi all,

Been a while since I posted any threads, all has been going well. I am training harder than ever and I am making good improvements.

However a problem I have had from the start is slow feet. I keep wanting to plant my feet and throw punches. I know what I want to do but getting my feet to coordinate with my upper body is killing me. So I find myself throwing when they have moved back, and hitting air. I have been doing allot of skipping and I can do that fine. It's when I am sparring and putting it all together my feet and legs just have issues moving.

Anyone got any tips or drills that will help me get my feet moving.

Thanks

DMC
    more sparring!! more shadowboxing and practicin on foot speed movements with jump rope, plyometrics, sprints, etc.

those agility ladders also work well for developing foot speed.

look up some football player drills and utilize them cuz those dudes are big and there feet are lightning fast...

Comment

shadow boxing at homw will help! and try how-to-box.com

Comment

next week i'm going to try to start doing a foot agil, speed, balance workout a few days of the week. trying to find some diff. exercises for it. good timing on the thread, ha.

Comment

I quit going to the gym for about a month (family problems) but hung a heavy bag at my shop. I found when I got back to the gym that my punching had improved but only when I was standing still. I hadn't gained any strength while moving. Bad habits on the bag. Whoops.

Now, when I work out on the heavybag, I always give it a shove, and practice moving around it, with it, into it, away from it, hitting all the while. When it stops, I shove it again -- sometimes I'll dive into it, clinch, and pull or shove it. Hey, I'm a light heavy. We clinch. Point being, I work on a moving target. This may help you. It helped me.

Comment

Shadowboxing helps a lot. I practice at home everyday for 3 minute rounds staying on my toes and keeping that bounce rather than standing still throwing punches. Also when I do my running I break into moves that mimic what I do in sparring.

I'm Super Heavyweight but through practice and hardwork I'm really light footed and springy.

Comment

Thanks for the reply guy's.

I will try some of your tips and see how I go.

DMC

Comment

Working...
              X