View Full Version : MMA Conditioning Article!

Mark Ginther
04-03-2003, 03:49 PM
Just posted a new conditioning article, please have a look:

http://www.veloforce.net/MMA_conditioning_II.html

Stain
04-09-2003, 11:14 AM
ttt!!!

Zen
04-10-2003, 05:07 PM
That is a great article Mark. Thanks.

Mark Ginther
05-08-2003, 02:35 PM
My pleasure, thanks for checking it out. I'll let you know of any other updates.

Magic Man
05-08-2003, 08:55 PM
excellent article mate.

LukeDothSucketh
05-08-2003, 09:11 PM
Mark, your article on anti-oxidents officially scared the living **** out of me. I have never known anything about my vitamin and mineral intake, should I check out a few books, especially the one mentioned in the article? I was one of the people that figured a well balanced diet was enough until I read that...

Do you personally recommend any supplements? Right now I exercise 5-7 days a week, on average an 1 hour a day but this will be stepped up big time in the summer when I start Muay Thai, and have access to a really good gym. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

Mark Ginther
05-11-2003, 02:12 PM
Luke,

I'd also recommend reading, Sports Nutrition Guide, Minerals & Vitamins for Athletes, by Dr. Michael Colgan. It has a guide for determining your daily needs based on a number of criteria.

As for specific recommendations, I use (and distribute) USANA, the highest rated supplement in the Comparative Guide to Nutritional Supplements, by Lyle MacWilliam. I also use Source Naturals (the second highest rated supplement) to fill in some of the blanks.

If you'd like more information on obtaining products you can e-mail me at mark_ginther@veloforce.net

The Jake
05-12-2003, 05:59 AM
USANA products are very high grade.

If they distributed a high grade protein supplement, I'd become an USANA rep just for the discount.

- J.

The Jake
05-12-2003, 06:03 AM
That's a well researched and easy to read article Mark. Keep them coming.

-J.